SUPERMAN RETURNS (2006)

Guest papabear

Guest babiluxx

just watched it today.

i must say i was never a fan of DC comics

and never a fan of superman i mean sure i watched some of the cartoons but i didnt expect thsi movie to be well done

BUT! I WAS SHOCKED!!! it was AWESOME! I mean i think the cast was awesome! Brandon really did a great job! i mean as a fresh face...(i konw he done TV shows and stuff but never the main character) i think he did really well! the movie was funny, romantic, sad, cute and exciting all at once.

GOOD job Brain Singer! even though u ditched X men III i guess i forgive you! hahah

THIS IS A MUST SEE SUMMER MOVIE

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest run_lola_run

Just came back from the movie. I thought it was just good not OMG, WOW, AMAZING type good. It was just plain ol' good which isn't bad. Brandon Routh did very well. I was kinda worried about him at first but he put my worries to rest and he's damn good to look at too...hehehe...so is Cyclops...I mean James Marsden :P

Anyways, I felt Lois and Superman lacked chemistry though...I just didn't feel it. Maybe it's just me. LOVED Kevin Spacey as Lex Luthor though. SPOILER AHOY>>>Felt really really bad when he was beating up Superman though. :tears: I didn't like that they gave Superman a son. Why did Bryan Singer decide to do that? I wonder. Oh well, he did a good job hiding it before the movie came out. :rolleyes:

In other news:

Superman Returns with $21M on Day One

Source: ShowBIZ Data

June 29, 2006

Warner Bros. Pictures' Superman Returns, directed by Bryan Singer, opened with $21 million on Wednesday. The figure, which includes early Tuesday night screenings, marks the 8th biggest opening for a Wednesday, just behind last year's War of the Worlds, which collected $21.3 million before moving on to earn $121.2 million its first seven days.

"Superman" has a slight advantage over the Steven Spielberg film, however, as next Tuesday is the Fourth of July and more people will be able to head to theaters. Of course, that doesn't necessarily mean it will earn more over the seven days. Singer's film debuted in 3,915 theaters and will expand to 4,064 theaters on Friday, the fourth-widest release ever.

Spider-Man 2 holds the record for a Wednesday opener. The Sam Raimi sequel made $40.4 million on June 30, 2004.

Guest babiluxx

^ OMG YES BRANDON is soooo handsome! i mean he looks good whether as superman or as clark! I hope they make anothor sequel to this

I just saw it yesterday and it was okay...Only thing, it was way too long...2 & a half hours...The cast was good, except Kate Bosworth. She did great as an actor, but I still can't see her as Lois Lane. Her being a brunette seems too artificial to me, since I'm so used to her as a blonde, so it seemed too fake to me. They should have gotten a natural brunette or someone who would look more natural in brown hair.

IMO - X3 > Superman Returns

Guest MeiLin83

I really enjoyed this movie. I, like many people, went to see without much

expectations really. But, wow! It was such an entertaining + emotional movie.

Brandon Routh...wuh oh...new obsession! Haha.. :D

He is so endearing as Clark and so perfect as Superman. I was so surprised by

his Chrisopher Reeve resemblence.

I always thought Kate Bosworth was cute as a person and an actress...(Love her eyes :) )

But, she surely stepped up as Lois Lane (compared to her role in Win A Date With Todd Hamilton? Oh, yeah~)

If anyone saw X-Men 3...you can see the difference in James Marsden's performance. Probably because he was more invested in the Superman movie he just felt more real.

Kevin Spacey...haha...he's so funny as Lex...

He's so sadistic...which is perfect with his humor.

I think what others felt was lacking from this movie...it will be fufilled in

the sequel which according to Nylon magazine (2006 May) is already in the works

with Bryan Singer back as the director. Hopefully that is true.

Guest x kisekiboshi

Saw the movie yesterday, I thought it was okay. I think visually though the movie was done fantastic.

Brandon Routh is hot and does resembles Christopher Reeves. I loved Kevin Spacey in this movie. <333 He's so funny.

Guest who8myoreos

i LOVED this movie. It was all it had to be. Yeah he didn't pull off any sweet fighting moves or whatever but that's who he is. Basically if you like Superman, you'll like the movie, I think. I thought Brandon was a great actor, and Kate Bosworth and the whole cast were great.

just watched the movie today....

must say i didn't know much about Brandon Routh

when i walked out my sister's and my jaw dropped when we saw for fit he was~!!

and yea that was a huge spoiler.... the kid is sooo cute!!!

i love kevin spacey in the movie... he was soo funny!!

the only thing that i think that was eh about the movie was the ending...

it felt that there were loose ends that they didn't finish putting together...

my opinion.... i couldn't believe that it was a 2hr long movie!

and the movie ticket cost $10.25!!!

X_X

Guest Access DENIED

Since it's getting good reviews, I think i'm going to watch it. Although the story of Superman was interesting, he was my least favorite of comic heroes because his costume always bothered the hell out of me...it's.. so... tacky. It looks even more tacky onscreen...

^ hahahahaha

I saw it only cause I was forced to, hmmmmmm it was okay, i didn't like the ending though, i sorta wished superman would've made out with lois like crazy but oh wells -.-; freeeeaking richard. lol :P

Guest who8myoreos

for fans of the original movies, there are a TON of homages to the original.

- Clark bumping into the revolving door

- "You really shouldn't smoke, Ms. Lane"

- Very last scene.

Guest CK92842

Since it's getting good reviews, I think i'm going to watch it. Although the story of Superman was interesting, he was my least favorite of comic heroes because his costume always bothered the hell out of me...it's.. so... tacky. It looks even more tacky onscreen...

If I may, I highly recommend checking out the IMAX 3D experience. B)

Guest alcyone

i just watched this...surprisingly VERY GOOD...for a non-superman fan,i'm amazed!! during the first few minutes in the beginning i was literally holding my breath!

Guest chungy

i loved it!!!

it was simple and the love story wasn't dragged on to long....

the imax was kinda annoying.....

but yes, superman was HOT!

he looks like tom cruise!

Archived