Jype Global Audition 2009 Experience!

Guest mspop

Guest sjbbsdancex3

well in my group there was only one dancer.

but i think when we were waiting i saw girl with like glasses asking about music or something ;O

because i think she didn't have it. there were more dancers in the group before me. i really wanted to check out dancing LOL

lol!

okay then, you probably didn't see me

ahhh lol

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest angieebabyy

What was your number? originally 54 but they changeds it to 45

omg i was in your group =) i was number 47 behind your friend.

Guest Aznlover<33

omg i was in your group =) i was number 47 behind your friend.

Woah!!!

nice to meet you on soompi

you were really good ^^

i was soo intiminated by all the older girls with mature voices

i looked like I was 10 TT

Guest ☆everlasting★

QUESTIONS:

Where did you audition? NY

What did you audition for? Dancing

What was your number? #9

How did you feel before auditioning? cold and little nervous

How about after? I didn't get to do my entire dance~ buh it was okay..~

Share with us your experience!:

My Experience

I got there pretty early like 8:50 something. I was really tired cuz i took the NY Railway bus from Toronto and it cost me 10 hrs to get here... i saw couple of ppl there when i arrived. there was a guy who was practicing his dance in front of the glass on the JYP centre building.. and a korean girl with her father .. and some other ppl.. anyweiz, i was one of the first 10 auditioners and i thought i shudve auditioned later cuz i believed those judges also needed time to "warm up"... there was.. yea.. like mentioned.. a pretty lady with nerd glasses there and a cute camera guy with curly hair.. buh the "main judge" at the desk was jus like a typical korean lady.. and she was, i think, the decision maker of who were gonna be called bck.. when i was on the stage, i was okay.. not very nervous since i was only gonna using my body language not like singing where if u were nervous u got choppy and u were dead... i was cut off exactly by 1:00, i donno if they did this to everyone but u guys can measure the time, jus sing/dance/act/model till where they cut u off and see how long that is. i didnt do my best moves... there were like 4 guys in my group who were dancing. they did good especially a short guy with jelled hair.. he looks asian buh he said hes from *** i forgot buh shud be somewhere besides CHN KOR and JPN.. well.. the judges didn let anyone stay... did someone get told to stay?????? really wanna kno. and when and where and how do we kno the result of the whole US auditions? thx

Guest pinklegirl007

Does anybody know how JYP contacts you... if you've made it? How long does it usually take for them to answer back to you?? Some are saying one or two days, while others are saying two weeks... Does anybody know for sure?????

Isn't anyone else curious.... Also, do you know how many people usually make it in these auditions, at least to the 2nd round?

Guest Haight

Where did you audition? NYC!!

What did you audition for? Singer

What was your number? 40

How did you feel before auditioning? At first I was calm, but very COLD!

How about after? I felt worried and dissapointed *sigh*

For the audition I actually drove from CT, well my parents drove me so I had to leave at 6:00 AM. Anyways, I got there at 8:00 AM but since it was so early then my family and I just chilled driving around, considering we were the first ones there and it was freezing outside. We came back at around 8:30 AM and since some people were already there we decided to stay, my sister and me. The whole time waiting I wasn't even nurveous I was dancing around goofing around with my sis trying to remain not nervous. At around 10 AM they told everyone to make a line, and later they separated the line into two "sections" those who auditioned online and those who didn't. Later groups of ten were sent in, and I was in the fourth group, number 40 :P When we got inside....the building was just as COLD as outside!!! I was shaking the whole time. I talked to three really nice girls, two of them were in my group and the other was #41. When we were waiting in the upstairs room we could see the people audition , hear them too ><, though the people didnt want us to look at them, as to not make them nervous. Then there was like a group to go to bathroom and i went for obvious reasons..so we went to the third floor.While there one of the guys that came with were leaving and apperantly he opened the wrong door, the staff yelled "Don't open that!" Maybe too late?..And since people said 2PM went to the 3rd floor as well maybe Im guessing that thats were they were dorming or something. Anyways when it was my groups turn we went downstairs.. There was this cute mini stage and some really kind looking people. On the white board there was a duck and it said 2Pm .. so maybe one of them was there lol... The people in my group varied some were good others cracked...alot. There was this really good dancer #37 I think. When it was my turn I just waited for the lady to cue me, then I just looked at the camera a good 98%of the time, and sang. I thought my voice was shaky but according to my mom you cant tell when that happends, which is good for me. I sang for a decent minute maybe a little more. Then the lady said thank you.. I thanked her and left. I asked the girls in front of me how I did and one of the just said I sang "Softly". Do you guys think its bad? I sang "Eyes on Me"- Faye Wong and its a soft song...so I'm not sure what to think of it. Anyways in my stay there no one got called back that I saw...I think they just did it at the end when there was less people. And now im all sad cause i couldve done a heck lot better but I was nervous and shaking <-- cold..when I was singing.. I really hope they change their minds about this being the last audition..anyone know when results are out?

Sorry its so long :P

Guest nanjiyoun

QUESTIONS:

Where did you audition?: New York

What did you audition for?: Dancing

What was your number?: 382

How did you feel before auditioning?: Frustrated because I couldn't practice enough and angry because my friend was sucking up to the lady at the door.

How about after?: I don't quite remember why, but I was laughing really hard right after I auditioned

Share with us your experience!: My part is in the blue The 2PM 'encounter' is in red.

Okay, so initially, I was supposed to audition at the 9:00-10:00 time period because I sent an application online. (Number 100) but something happened the night before so I missed my audition. BUT around 3ish a group of friends (Numbers 381[girl], 383?[girl], 385??[guy], 406[guy], 407??[guy] I dont remember...LOL) and I went on the bus from New Jersey to New York. We walked I don't know how many miles but we eventually got to the JYP building. WHEN WE GOT THERE,,, there were soooooo many people around the building. At first I was like, "Holy crap, mad competition.." Then after 10 minutes, I started getting relaxed haha. After 20minutes of debating whether or not to audition but my friend was like, "We came this far~ let's just do it!" And we were all like yeahhh okay and then we received the audition forms from the nice lady at the door and filled them out. Then we were asked to go inside the building and up the stairs to the second floor. Inside, there were a bunch of people there already and I was like O___O We gave in our forms to the staff guy and girl and waited in an area that looked like a balcony-ish place? Down the "balcony" my friends and I saw this stage with a green 'T' on it and we figured, "oh, that's where we're going to stand.." *shudders*

When the first 'batch' of auditionees were called down 381(my friend) and I (382) were part of the first 'batch.' I was like, "WTF! We just got here!" lolol. but we followed the staff unni down the stairs and into the 1st floor. The first thing I saw in the room was a lady sitting at a white desk with a lot of papers (applications?), behind her were like three other people: the camera/cd guy, a tall unni with a really cute dress on, and a guy with Wayfarer-ish glasses with wild curly hair. IMMEDIATELY, I was intimidated. The unni who leaded us down to the first floor was kind of messing up with the audition number sequence? she was cute haha. THE first two girls who went up first were told that they could not audition together (earlier by the staff people on the second floor) but the judge lady said that they can... o_O and they both danced. They were cute lol.. I don't remember the rest of the people going up because I was in my own world desperately trying to remember what my dance moves were T_T THEN I got snapped out of my bubble and told me I was almost next by the staff unni. My friend 381 sang a song (idk which song) and she BLEW me AWAYYYYY (and maybe the others away?) I didn't even know she sang so well..

Then it was -DUNDUNDUN- my turn. I got up on the stage (which was pretty damn tall!!!!!) and stood on the green 'T.' I couldnt even properly introduce myself (because of the time shortage?) So I didn't say a word and when the music came on, I just danced. I remembered most of my dance moves, but I kind of messed up a little bit? (I was dancing to When I Grow Up-Pussycat Dolls LOL.) and right when I did like a "richard simmons-grab" the judge lady said, "수고하셨읍니다." (Thank you? basically she cut me off) I was like GIGGLING because the situation was funny. lololol. Then she told all the auditioners to go out the door and I was like pointing to the door saying, "여기요?" (this one?) hahahha. omg I was beginning to spaz out because think about it!!!!, after I did the "richard simmons-grab" the judge got disgusted and cut me off there. (Well, that's what I thought. LOL so that's why it was so funny)

Then my friend and I went up the stairs giggling like psychos and went to the second floor to get our stuff. There were a little over 20 people in the room this time? aaaaaaand my friends 383(girl with a white shirt with a grey vest with blue skinnies), and 385???(he's a guy) were in that first 10 mark. I saw them go downstairs and into the audition room so 381 and I decided to watch them. (WHICH we weren't ALLOWED TO but the cute staff guy told us we can...) My friends both sang. (the girl sang a song I didnt know, and the guy sang "남자는몰라" *Men Don't Know?* by Buzz) and when their group was done, they came back upstairs and sat down with us. By now, it was like the end of the auditioners (400 mark?) and my friends were the last two 400's (406 and 407 I think). 381, 383, 385, and I were about to watch them audition, but the JUDGE LADY CAME and told us to leave.......since they were going to wrap things up. So the four of us leave.

When we get outside, 383 starts spazzing and saying that she saw 2PM's Taek and Nichkhun!!!!!!!!!!!! I was like, WTF.....! and she was like, "Omg Taek's face was so small and cuteee, he's so tall!!!" and "Nichkhun is so adorable!!! he's so cutee!" I was like,, NOOOOOO. Because Wooyoung's my favorite. -_- Then like 10minutes later, my two guy friends 406 and 407 come out. 406 says that he did a pound with Jaebum Park....AGAIN. (Because last Tuesday, he went to the TRL thing and saw 2pm and Wonder Girls there and they exchanged a pound or something. Basically, 406 is a MAJOR SUCKUP! LOL.) He said that the 2PM boys were like in this room or something.. Idk omg -_-

Aaaaaaaaaaaaand yeah, that's basically my experience (and my friend's experiences -_-) at the NY JYP Auditions. I heard that callbacks are in a week by phone or e-mail?? So I wish everyone who auditioned good luck!

P.S HOLY CRAP I didn't think I would write that much but I did. -_- sorry! lool

Guest jLsterz

Where did you audition? NYC

What did you audition for? Dancer

What was your number? 309

How did you feel before auditioning? Nervous and excited.

How about after? Thought I could've done better, but i think i did well.

I went with 3 of my friends though 2 of them came late. Me and my friend were really nervous but also excited. I was the first one up in my group and i danced to "Show Me Tha Money" - Petey Pablo. The judge cut me off at around 40 seconds. I got a "good job" from one person in my group after i danced. I didn't get asked to dance again or stay behind and go upstairs =(. Does that mean I didn't make it? I only saw like 2 ppl get asked to stay back and there were other extremely talented people who didn't get asked..weird..

I was wearing a black fitted backwards with a black t-shirt over a white long sleeve shirt and jeans. It was a cool experience, I really just auditioned for fun because my friends were doing it so i tagged along.

2PM randomly walked by and all the girls freaked out lol.

Okay so me and my friends knew Taec BEFORE he became famous and wow he acted so snobby at the audition..He changed A LOT especially with all the surgery he got on his face. Me and my friends knew him before all that when he was like a nerd and weird. My friend always called him "Technology" lol. We have like old pictures of him with like glasses and kinda funny looking hahahha. Some of my friends are actually friends with him and hung out with him like a month ago when he visited the US again.

Guest woaineex3

QUESTIONS:

What did you audition for?: Dancing

What was your number?: 382

How did you feel before auditioning?: Frustrated because I couldn't practice enough and angry because my friend was sucking up to the lady at the door.

How about after?: I don't quite remember why, but I was laughing really hard right after I auditioned

Share with us your experience!: My part is in the blue The 2PM 'encounter' is in red.

Okay, so initially, I was supposed to audition at the 9:00-10:00 time period because I sent an application online. (Number 100) but something happened the night before so I missed my audition. BUT around 3ish a group of friends (Numbers 381[girl], 383?[girl], 385??[guy], 406[guy], 407??[guy] I dont remember...LOL) and I went on the bus from New Jersey to New York. We walked I don't know how many miles but we eventually got to the JYP building. WHEN WE GOT THERE,,, there were soooooo many people around the building. At first I was like, "Holy crap, mad competition.." Then after 10 minutes, I started getting relaxed haha. After 20minutes of debating whether or not to audition but my friend was like, "We came this far~ let's just do it!" And we were all like yeahhh okay and then we received the audition forms from the nice lady at the door and filled them out. Then we were asked to go inside the building and up the stairs to the second floor. Inside, there were a bunch of people there already and I was like O___O We gave in our forms to the staff guy and girl and waited in an area that looked like a balcony-ish place? Down the "balcony" my friends and I saw this stage with a green 'T' on it and we figured, "oh, that's where we're going to stand.." *shudders*

When the first 'batch' of auditionees were called down 381(my friend) and I (382) were part of the first 'batch.' I was like, "WTF! We just got here!" lolol. but we followed the staff unni down the stairs and into the 1st floor. The first thing I saw in the room was a lady sitting at a white desk with a lot of papers (applications?), behind her were like three other people: the camera/cd guy, a tall unni with a really cute dress on, and a guy with Wayfarer-ish glasses with wild curly hair. IMMEDIATELY, I was intimidated. The unni who leaded us down to the first floor was kind of messing up with the audition number sequence? she was cute haha. THE first two girls who went up first were told that they could not audition together (earlier by the staff people on the second floor) but the judge lady said that they can... o_O and they both danced. They were cute lol.. I don't remember the rest of the people going up because I was in my own world desperately trying to remember what my dance moves were T_T THEN I got snapped out of my bubble and told me I was almost next by the staff unni. My friend 381 sang a song (idk which song) and she BLEW me AWAYYYYY (and maybe the others away?) I didn't even know she sang so well..

Then it was -DUNDUNDUN- my turn. I got up on the stage (which was pretty damn tall!!!!!) and stood on the green 'T.' I couldnt even properly introduce myself (because of the time shortage?) So I didn't say a word and when the music came on, I just danced. I remembered most of my dance moves, but I kind of messed up a little bit? (I was dancing to When I Grow Up-Pussycat Dolls LOL.) and right when I did like a "richard simmons-grab" the judge lady said, "수고하셨읍니다." (Thank you? basically she cut me off) I was like GIGGLING because the situation was funny. lololol. Then she told all the auditioners to go out the door and I was like pointing to the door saying, "여기요?" (this one?) hahahha. omg I was beginning to spaz out because think about it!!!!, after I did the "richard simmons-grab" the judge got disgusted and cut me off there. (Well, that's what I thought. LOL so that's why it was so funny)

Hey! I remember seeing your audition! you did pretty well, I couldnt really see all of it because we had to stay by the wall, but it looked okay.

QUESTIONS:

What did you audition for?: Modeling

What was your number?: 378

How did you feel before auditioning?: HYPer... dont know why, but i tried to feel really happy---and confident cuz im ususally pretty shy. so it actually worked, i wasnt overall nervous--just a lil. bt i was happy : )

How about after?: everything was quite a blur lols, but i remember feeling confused since i just left the audition. but i felt kind of proud of myself for actually auditioning.

Share with us your experience!: Well i had to take the SATs, so it was like a completly complicated day lols. but i had it all planned out for weeks. when I finally got the jyp headquaters, i didnt know if i should go in or not, but eventually i did after waiting there a bit. I was near the middle...or beginning, i dnt remember lols, to go. I knew I had to walk and pose, but the stagee was soo small, i felt a bit awkward, but I tried to work with it and did simple poses : ). hopefully i did well : )

Guest musicpoplove

NY

i did acting

i was 169

(did anyone see me?

girl with light brown hair curly black long trench coat)

i didnt see 2pm but i saw Gsoul~~~

he was wearing glasss with a backpack and black jackett.

i dont think there was any "stay behind" things.

I heard one guy amazing at singing(best one out of all males, got to sing the longest) and one guy hansome tall and modeled but wasnt asked to stay or anything.

Guest daysconfession

What did you audition for? Modeling

What was your number? 95

How did you feel before auditioning? Nervous at times, but my friends woke up early and came with me just to support me <3 so I was okay.

How about after? Kinda disappointed

Share with us your experience!: Well, basically, I was spazzing out and my whole body felt like spaghetti because of my nervousness before we had to go inside the room. I don't really remember too much of what I did, but it went by really fast but I remember I tried to do the whole "confident/attitude" and "half smile" thing. First of all, the judge wasn't even looking up from the desk because she was too busy writing/reading so she missed most of my performance. She looked up at the point where I was doing my ending walk. When I did the first beginning walk, my shoes were slipping, like pivoting left and right under me because of the floor. They didn't stop the music when I was done either so I was just like uhhh.. *smile, bow* and that was it. Seeing the judge not being able to see my audition fully was pretty depressing, but oh well. It's over now so.. yeah -_-

Guest Eunice6390

yeah same here

i don't think anyone was asked to stay behind

and did u guys see the pink post its they had what was that for?

Guest sjbbsdancex3

yeah same here

i don't think anyone was asked to stay behind

and did u guys see the pink post its they had what was that for?

if you mean the pink post its on the second floor,

then its to label things,

they gave me one

and put it on my CD

Guest MyDear1

QUESTIONS:

What did you audition for? Dancing

What was your number? 345

How did you feel before auditioning? I was a little nervous since it was my first time auditioning. At the same time I

felt relaxed.

How about after? Mad at myself.

Well the same day I had SATs in the morning. Anyways I got to NY around 3:45ish but didn't actually get to the office until 4:00. I was wondering where the hell I was supposed to go since it was my first time auditioning. Well yea I got there asked for an application, filled it out, and went in. The two people upstairs asked what I was doing and if I had a cd. I told them "Yes I do" and then handed it to one of them. So as I sat down there was a glass balcony you could just watch the people from downstairs. I saw a few people and mostly were all singers and like 1 or 2 dancers. There was one guy who could sing really well and he got more than a minute to perform. So when me and my group had to go downstairs I had to use the bathroom. I had to go upstairs to use it and then I heard some guys yelling and stuff. I didn't know who it was and didn't bother. I went back downstairs with my group and inside I saw the judge, the staff, and the lady recording. I was getting a little more nervous at this point and we all lined up inside. I was the third/fourth one to go and the 2-3 people before me left. So I was thinking to myself I should just leave after I perform. I got up and one guy from the staff came all the way from the back to the front. He stood next to the door where we entered. He was wearing glasses and had curly hair. On stage I danced to falling out by Keyshia Cole. I saw everybody watching me the whole time. The judge lady cut me off about 50 seconds into my song but it was fine. So I bowed and once I got off and headed to the door to leave. The guy from the staff grabbed my arm and he told me "You can stay."So I just stayed at the back and saw the people perform after me. They also stayed in the back like I did. Except nobody said anything to them besides me. Once they all finished performing they all left so I just left too. I really didn't know if I really should have stayed. I was outside and it was getting too cold so I just went home. >_<

Guest jLsterz

I saw around 2 people getting asked to stay behind. One guy was asked to dance again around mid 200's. Then they told him to go upstairs with the other who was asked to stay. SO LUCKY!!! He's probably gonna be a trainee.

Guest vocalxiah

Where did you audition?: NY

What did you audition for?: Singing (Rapping really lmao)

What was your number?: 55

How did you feel before auditioning?: First off, all I kept saying for like . . . 100 times was "I'M SO FRIGGIN COLD" xD cus I was wearing tights. (bad choice D:) I got nervous right before I went on the stage, but I wasn't really nervous overall. I saw pretty good people before me so I began to doubt myself but I just went for it anyways :3

How about after?: My head was going blank! I expected to mess up on the lyrics but thankfully I never did. I was the only one rapping so far out of all the singers (MC Mong - I Love U Oh Thank U) so I thought I should make a good impression of myself . . . Don't know if it worked though LOLS. People waiting to audition were upstairs . . . watching me and that made me feel kinda embarrassed since they're . . . watching me! ahaha. I felt that I could've done better, but I wasn't disappointed. Then my friends and I went to Koreatown for lunch and hung out there 8D

I saw around 2 people getting asked to stay behind. One guy was asked to dance again around mid 200's. Then they told him to go upstairs with the other who was asked to stay. SO LUCKY!!! He's probably gonna be a trainee.

dang it!!!!!!

lol

man.... i'm gonna audition online and send them my dance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i didn't even get to go, family was in the hospital so i couldn't go, and guess what, it was at the last minute so my dad said no

so i guess i'll have to try online......

THEY BETTER FREAKIN LOOK AT THEIR E-MAIL!!!

Guest FredNGeorgeLuva

Where did you audition? nyc

What did you audition for? DANCE!

What was your number? 187

How did you feel before auditioning? nervous n cold!

How about after? giggly, angry, happy?

i finally arrived at JYP center after me and my best friend asking millions of people for directions to JYP center. Than I had to wait in like for 20 mins!! I got to see 2PM!!I was so thrilled. I finally got in and was told I could only do one, (singing or dancing) i freaked out and just chose dancing. so finally my time came and i was realli nervous. i messed up in the beginning and realized it and so tried my best with the remainin seconds. lol i felt a lill weird some girl kept giving me a weird look because I wasnt AZN. lol i was middle eastern.

Haha did anyone see me there?? I wore a purple coat, than a black leggins, and zebra t-shirt thingy thing. i danced to Big Bang number 1~ ahh i wish i cud redo the audition! i heard they took people in on sight. that makes me feel nervous. do they even bother reveiwing the tape they recorded. ugh!

Guest imALiCEE

it was soo terrible for me ><

i was #402. & once i got on the stage i forgot how the song started !

& btw the song was take a bow by rihanna.

OMG. it was so emaberressing.

i didnt even sing ANYTHING. i just stand there. my friend said my face was as red as a cherry.

i just said "ohmygod. can i not do this?" & the judge covered her face :X. & yeah, i just walked off. & i cried, cos so many people were there & i just lost my chance to

in my opinion i like jyp more than the sm audition. cos the people in JYP are soo nice.

my friends were giving me hugs cos they felt bad for me. & the lady who was wearing a flowershirt came out & encouraged me.

she was like "aww. dont cry. its okay. your not the only person who did that "

OMGG. SHE IS SO NICEE :D

& i meant these 2 girls. they were very kind. after the audition they were making me feel better. saying that im still young (cos im only 13).

but yeaaah. it was a terrible day for me .

BUTBUT. I SAW NICHKHUN 2 TIMES ! :DD

i saw him behind the door & him walking behind the poster.

hes so breathtaking. im still shocked i even saw a korean celebrity & he was soo cute, freaking tall & skinny !:]

butyeaah. i wanna see 2PM together facetoface. :(

Guest FredNGeorgeLuva

Where did you audition? nyc

What did you audition for? DANCE!

What was your number? 187

How did you feel before auditioning? nervous n cold!

How about after? giggly, angry, happy?

i finally arrived at JYP center after me and my best friend asking millions of people for directions to JYP center. Than I had to wait in like for 20 mins!! I got to see 2PM!!I was so thrilled. I finally got in and was told I could only do one, (singing or dancing) i freaked out and just chose dancing. so finally my time came and i was realli nervous. i messed up in the beginning and realized it and so tried my best with the remainin seconds. lol i felt a lill weird some girl kept giving me a weird look because I wasnt AZN. lol i was middle eastern.

Haha did anyone see me there?? I wore a purple coat, than a black leggins, and zebra t-shirt thingy thing. i danced to Big Bang number 1~ ahh i wish i cud redo the audition! i heard they took people in on sight. that makes me feel nervous. do they even bother reveiwing the tape they recorded. ugh!

aww dnt worry about it!!! i saw one other person do that. its k stuff happens like that. i forgot the whole first part of my dance too but luckily i pulled it together. ^^ the ladys rite 13 u have plenty of time!! Good luck for the next auditions!!

Archived