Jype Global Audition 2009 Experience!

Guest mspop

Guest xAnimeLuver19x

Before I write this.

OMG this is my SOSOSOSO First post in soompi, so if i do anything wrong on the post or something like that,

please pm me or something :) (Im scared if i would get warned lol)

ALSO, im very bad at writing in English. (Im 100% korean who speaks only korean lol..)

So please understand me even my grammer and spelling are terrible ;-]

QUESTIONS:

Where did you audition?

-LA!

What did you audition for?

-Singer :)

What was your number?

-secret!

How did you feel before auditioning?

-Of course I was nervous! but I had this experience before in SM global Audition, so

I wasnt THAT nervous. but ppl around me made me nervous because they were like

keep drinking water and said things like "what if i forget my lyrics?" T_T haha

How about after?

-felt SO SAD that I couldnt do well. more details are in next question's answer.

Share with us your experience!:

- Ok, So I went to LA audition on Sat. and I went there SO SO late.. like 1:20pm becuz

I was crying(T_T) because my sis didnt let me to go to audition. LA was too faraway

for us and she said "You know Youare not gonna make it and you cant make it because of your looks."

It was SO hurt, and I cried for like 2 or 3 hours. but however, I persuaded her, so we went to LA

with my BLOATED EYES -__- and my eyes were kinda red.(cried too much.)

Seriously, I think I didnt even wait for like 10 mins. It was SO late, so i thought they might not get

my application. but right after I turned my application in to staff, she told me to wait in front of

auditioning-room. I waited for like 5 mins i think? until last group finishes their auditions.

So I went in. The room was really smaller than SM global audition's room. we had to seat in the chairs

and wait. it was different from SM because SM, they usually make ppl stand in a line and just sing, but

jyp did one by one and everyone were watching while someone was auditioning in the chair.

(ok i think last sentence was kinda didnt make sense-___-; help me someone who went to LA audition T_T)

So I watched. one girl who tried out for acting, she forgot the lines. she looked very nervous, and i felt

sorry for her :( because she was actually good. however, i was the 3rd one. so i stood up in front of

the camera. I said my number and my name in korean, and I started to sing.

I wasnt nervous, but my voice was shaking(is this the right wordT_T) i dont know why!

and they cut me SOSOSOSO early, so i felt kinda bad. not only me, they cut everybody like really early.

At least, SM wasnt T_T but JYP was like.. wow.. they stopped ppl so early while they were auditioning.

and after I finished my singing, i felt really bad because I couldnt really sing well. totally blew up.

I had a hard time to do audition because of alot of things, but i could barely sang 30 secs.

I felt like it was kind of waste of time because I spent so many time to get to LA to sing for 30 Secs.

Everybody were like complaining because they stopped ppl so early. T________T aww.

I think the sm audition was better than jyp audition. idk why but sm audition, i felt like it is the

real audition, but jyp, ... i couldnt feel anything T_T ooh but im not trying to say bad things about jyp.

however, to ME, jyp audition was waste of time. because LA wasnt near by my home and....... yeah. T_T

omg my post was too wrong even tho every words didnt make sense lol (need to study on writing in ENGLISH)

I will prepare for next audition even I know Im not really gonna make it, but... yeah :)

however, when you guys go to audition, SMILE! and be CONFFIDENT. I think those are the best tips lol haha

I hope all you guys get phone calls from jyp :-)

ps

and there were 3 tall-good-looking-guys in auditioning place,

were they staff or something..? or are they the one who were going to do 2nd round audition?

i was just curious. ;P

ps 2

sorry for my bad english lol

ur english is fine! loll.

was the room really small?? >.<;;

i wonder if the NY auditions will have groups, but my friend said the NY JYP building was too small for a lot of ppl to fit in...??

mann...seems like i'll be cut off around 30-45 seconds too

edit: oh, btw...welcome to soompi =)

well, good luck to everyone who auditioned in LA ^^ have a little faith and practice harder for the next auditions ;)

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest nanjiyoun

So I watched. one girl who tried out for acting, she forgot the lines. she looked very nervous, and i felt

sorry for her :( because she was actually good.

Sorry to cut your post short but, can you tell me what scene that girl was acting out?

Because I want to try out for acting, &like, I know what I want to do..

but I'm curious of what other people are acting out.

Btw, your English is fine.. ^_^

Guest jasoismynameo

My Experience

Where did you audition? LA

What did you audition for? Singer/Dancer

What was your number? 15

How did you feel before auditioning? I wasn't nervous until I was standing and waiting to sing next

How about after? I was really upset with my performance and that I didn't have the opportunity to dance also :/

I arrived at the building at around 8:20 (because I honestly had NO IDEA where I was going). So I sat and waited to go to the fifth floor with everyone else there. Then I got my number and waited with the 11-20 group to audition. I really didn't do well, and I sung a song that I didn't know very well :/. But I was REALLY intimidated by all the Koreans there.. I know it sounds really ridiculous since it is a KOREAN entertainment company audition, but I don't think I've ever been in a room with more than 25 Koreans at once. And around 150 people there at the time really freaked me out :(. At home I'm usually grouped with all the Asian looking people.. but at this audition I felt that I really stuck out like a sore thumb. :(. But fortunately I was able to go the SM weekly auditions and did much better there. I was a lot more comfortable with the smaller amount of people and I was glad that I got to sing, dance and model (but I was a really bad at modeling :/). And that's all I'm really gonna say about it.

*oh, but I think #19 was a guy in my group wearing a grey sweater who rapped... I thought he was really really good. :)

Guest xninix77

O.o I'm auditioning in NY on the 14th.

Just wondering, you don't get to sing and dance for the judges? If you only dance will they assume your only auditioning to be a dancer >_<?

cuz I'm more confident with dancing but i wanna audition to be a singer.

Guest bystander1979

Where did you audition?

L.A.

What did you audition for?

Dancing

What was your number?

How did you feel before auditioning?

I was nervous, like super nervous. This is like my first time doing anything infront of people.

How about after?

I was soo disappointed in myself. I could've done better. Like I totally forgot my dance, so I freestyled

I got there around 8:10-8:20. It was really awkard, cause I was by myself and I wasn't even from L.A. I live in Missouri. Anyways I was just standing there and met 2 people. They were nice and one of them said she told her family she was taking a test, but really she was auditioning. The other girl, she was funny. She told us how she auditioned many time and said that If we don't pass, don't take it seriuously, because we could also try again and failure will make you stronger. I took her words in and felt more relaxing, but of course I was still nervous. So after that our group was next and after a few girls, it was my turn and I totally forgot everything and like just moved to the music. Afterward I felt like jumping of the building, since it was on the 5th floor, lol. Well after that I went back to the hotel and was really disappionted cause I could've of done better. Til now, I still am disappointed and wondering if the staff is even bothering looking at my tape. Also there was this guy auditioning, he was hot and looked like T.O.P. Anyways, good luck to everyone and hopefully some of us auditioners will get a call. Oh by the way, the staffs were super nice and pretty. Especially the short hair one behind the desk, she is really nice.

Guest omgit'sme

OMG i hope to see you there lol if i can go, my name is nancy! let's practice together there!!!! lol

YEA! i'll be walking around looking for a nancy haha xP

Guest daysconfession

is there anyone who did modeling? if so, please tell me your experience! XD like did they instruct you on what to do or did you just start? O_O cause some people who did singing said they didnt even do intro of themselves and just started. so i wanted to know what happens with modeling?

Guest sjbbsdancex3

jasoismynameo;;

i have a question, in the top you said you were sad because you didn't have enough time to audition for dancing

but in the bottom of your experience you said you sang, danced, and modeled?

so did they let you do both? because i really want to do both

btw, im going to the NY one [:

hopefully ill see some of you

Guest ☆everlasting★

jasoismynameo;;

i have a question, in the top you said you were sad because you didn't have enough time to audition for dancing

but in the bottom of your experience you said you sang, danced, and modeled?

so did they let you do both? because i really want to do both

btw, im going to the NY one [:

hopefully ill see some of you

u need to read that post again... u will find d answer..

YEA! i'll be walking around looking for a nancy haha xP

hahahha yes!!!

if i'm going, i'm gona wear a cream color zip-up hoodie (cause it's going to be cold) and black pants!!!!!

and my hair is gonna be curled, cause my hair is loooong!

what are you guys gona wear????

Guest omgit'sme

hahahha yes!!!

if i'm going, i'm gona wear a cream color zip-up hoodie (cause it's going to be cold) and black pants!!!!!

and my hair is gonna be curled, cause my hair is loooong!

what are you guys gona wear????

ahh i still haven't decided that yet, or even any of my songs!!

but i've practiced a bunch and i think i will decide on that day whichever one fits my mood at the time lol.

okay, i think i'll recognize you b/c of the pics you've posted in some of the other audition threads :)

SO i'll ask everyone that slightly looks like you in the pictures if they're nancy

ahh i still haven't decided that yet, or even any of my songs!!

but i've practiced a bunch and i think i will decide on that day whichever one fits my mood at the time lol.

okay, i think i'll recognize you b/c of the pics you've posted in some of the other audition threads :)

SO i'll ask everyone that slightly looks like you in the pictures if they're nancy

hehhehee okies! 8-)

hmmm, i have yet to pick my song that i'm gonna sing, just in case lol

cause i'm going to dance first!! eeek! i'm sooo excited!!!

Guest austin_kang

is there anyone who did modeling? if so, please tell me your experience! XD like did they instruct you on what to do or did you just start? O_O cause some people who did singing said they didnt even do intro of themselves and just started. so i wanted to know what happens with modeling?

basically what they do is put a song on for you and you walk and pose

Guest Sam-chan

Oh I'm so upset my friend and I couldn't make it! We're gonna do a mail in audition but reading people's experienses really helped. Thankies ^^

Guest Soshii_love

it is a one time one in audition right? but it got me a little confused is it saying that if you get it in this round you are an official trainee?

& i am auditioning for jyp in NY too.. not that nervous cause i auditioned a couple of time in other industries.

guys that are waiting for replies and going to audition in NY GOOD LUCK :D<3

Guest bunNyarmy

reading these experiences made me really nervous D:

now i'm getting all self-conscious about my voice

i'm not good at singing in front of a bunch of strangers

which is weird because if i end up becoming a trainee, i'm going to have to sing in front of strangers all the time hahah..

i'm worried that people in the room will think my singing is bad T^T

Archived