Jype Global Audition 2009 Experience!

Guest mspop

Guest FredNGeorgeLuva

it was soo terrible for me ><

i was #402. & once i got on the stage i forgot how the song started !

& btw the song was take a bow by rihanna.

OMG. it was so emaberressing.

i didnt even sing ANYTHING. i just stand there. my friend said my face was as red as a cherry.

i just said "ohmygod. can i not do this?" & the judge covered her face :X. & yeah, i just walked off. & i cried, cos so many people were there & i just lost my chance to

in my opinion i like jyp more than the sm audition. cos the people in JYP are soo nice.

my friends were giving me hugs cos they felt bad for me. & the lady who was wearing a flowershirt came out & encouraged me.

she was like "aww. dont cry. its okay. your not the only person who did that "

OMGG. SHE IS SO NICEE :D

& i meant these 2 girls. they were very kind. after the audition they were making me feel better. saying that im still young (cos im only 13).

but yeaaah. it was a terrible day for me .

BUTBUT. I SAW NICHKHUN 2 TIMES ! :DD

i saw him behind the door & him walking behind the poster.

hes so breathtaking. im still shocked i even saw a korean celebrity & he was soo cute, freaking tall & skinny !:]

butyeaah. i wanna see 2PM together facetoface. :(

aww dnt worry about it!!! i saw one other person do that. its k stuff happens like that. i forgot the whole first part of my dance too but luckily i pulled it together. ^^ the ladys rite 13 u have plenty of time!! Good luck for the next auditions!!

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest loojerr

NY

i did acting

i was 169

(did anyone see me?

girl with light brown hair curly black long trench coat)

i didnt see 2pm but i saw Gsoul~~~

he was wearing glasss with a backpack and black jackett.

i dont think there was any "stay behind" things.

I heard one guy amazing at singing(best one out of all males, got to sing the longest) and one guy hansome tall and modeled but wasnt asked to stay or anything.

i saw you! :D i recognized you from your photo and my friend also recognized you because she already knew you. but yeahh i was in the balcony and i saw you go on and act.

i felt like your body movement was a bit awkward but your acting was good. :] maybe this just always happens to me when i watch people do any emotional acting but i did feel something from your prepared script(?). :] good job though~

Guest dubledeath

I'll try to keep it short. But basically my experience was willed with a lot of "CRAP!" moments:

I applied online so I stood on the online line. I was supposed to go as number 34, but I missed my time-slot by a lot because I go to a Saturday class in the morning. Crap.

I waited for about an hour and got in the building, handed in my application, and realized that I forgot to fill in the "Specialty" section. I was going to write choreographing, piano, and composing, but oh well. Crap. I waited on the second floor and listened to some people. Some were good, some were terrible. One was amazing (Or so I thought). I kind of had to go to the bathroom but it was occupied, so I only got to go right before my group of 10 walked in. I went upstairs, peed, then ran back downstairs just in time, almost interrupting the first person's audition. The judge lady didn't seem happy. Crap.

When it was my turn (I was number 204 wearing mostly black, white, and pink lol), I started the song too slow (crap) and couldn't change the tempo because then it would have been weird. And then I got distracted by some banging sounds coming from upstairs (I sang through it but looked up from the camera, crap) and then was cut off halfway through the chorus. Crap, I should've sang the tempo I practiced with. After everyone else went, we left the building and I walked to the subway.

Past the turnstile of the subways, I checked the deluge of text messages and calls I'd been ignoring for the past few days, and found a missed call and a text message from a JYP person saying I could audition without waiting because someone referred me to them!! D:< Crap!

I was kind of pissed at myself for (unknowingly) ignoring a call AND 2 texts from JYP. SIGH. So I called the number back, but the staff member had to hang up because she was in the building or something. And besides, I was halfway underground so she probably couldnt' hear me well. Crud. She texted me back, telling me the address of the building. I texted her saying I'd already auditioned and wanted to let them know that I was referred :P She said she'd look into it and then the texting stopped. Sigh.

And now I'm curious/worrying. Do people with referrals have a better chance at making it? I mean, if they went through the trouble to find my number... I just feel like I wasted a possible connection/opportunity because of that missed text. Whatever.

BTW, I saw a couple of 2PM people, but I only vaguely recognized them and kept my cool because I'm not a screechy fan-girl. There were a couple people who screeched. Sigh.

Basically, although I wasn't nervous about my audition and I think I sang weak, it's ok. I'm going to keep auditioning anyway, so yeah.

I'll try to keep it short. But basically my experience was willed with a lot of "CRAP!" moments:

I applied online so I stood on the online line. I was supposed to go as number 34, but I missed my time-slot by a lot because I go to a Saturday class in the morning. Crap.

I waited for about an hour and got in the building, handed in my application, and realized that I forgot to fill in the "Specialty" section. I was going to write choreographing, piano, and composing, but oh well. Crap. I waited on the second floor and listened to some people. Some were good, some were terrible. One was amazing (Or so I thought). I kind of had to go to the bathroom but it was occupied, so I only got to go right before my group of 10 walked in. I went upstairs, peed, then ran back downstairs just in time, almost interrupting the first person's audition. The judge lady didn't seem happy. Crap.

When it was my turn (I was number 204 wearing mostly black, white, and pink lol), I started the song too slow (crap) and couldn't change the tempo because then it would have been weird. And then I got distracted by some banging sounds coming from upstairs (I sang through it but looked up from the camera, crap) and then was cut off halfway through the chorus. Crap, I should've sang the tempo I practiced with. After everyone else went, we left the building and I walked to the subway.

Past the turnstile of the subways, I checked the deluge of text messages and calls I'd been ignoring for the past few days, and found a missed call and a text message from a JYP person saying I could audition without waiting because someone referred me to them!! D:< Crap!

I was kind of pissed at myself for (unknowingly) ignoring a call AND 2 texts from JYP. SIGH. So I called the number back, but the staff member had to hang up because she was in the building or something. And besides, I was halfway underground so she probably couldnt' hear me well. Crud. She texted me back, telling me the address of the building. I texted her saying I'd already auditioned and wanted to let them know that I was referred :P She said she'd look into it and then the texting stopped. Sigh.

And now I'm curious/worrying. Do people with referrals have a better chance at making it? I mean, if they went through the trouble to find my number... I just feel like I wasted a possible connection/opportunity because of that missed text. Whatever.

BTW, I saw a couple of 2PM people, but I only vaguely recognized them and kept my cool because I'm not a screechy fan-girl. There were a couple people who screeched. Sigh.

Basically, although I wasn't nervous about my audition and I think I sang weak, it's ok. I'm going to keep auditioning anyway, so yeah.

man... that sucks!

but have faith and hope!

Guest ☆everlasting★

man... that sucks!

but have faith and hope!

i guess u still didn't make ur audition... u shud've done more research on the buses .. .like me i took 10 hrs bus from toronto... but keep ur dream alive!! i support u!

you guys rock, i wish everyone had that way of thinking ^^

and yes i admit image is important.. just make sure its done healthily okays =)

Where did you audition? NY

What did you audition for? dancing

What was your number? 128

How did you feel before auditioning? a little intimidated .. people were STARING.. at the one non asian ahah :P

How about after? friggen AWESOME; I WAS DONE :)

Share with us your experience!: Alright, so it turns out i almost wasnt even allowed to audition. well somewhat. one of the ladies upstairs looked at my application and then whispered something in korean to the other lady beside her. she called the guy ushering us in and said something, to which he replied (in english) "well... she's still allowed to audition" (about my background i presume --im spanish) LOL, so yeah, not exactly the best thing to know before going into the audition room. Mind you, i am extremely grateful that i WAS allowed to stay.

Anyways, i was the third last person to go and everyone was singing (minus a rapper and a girl doing a monologue). I get up on stage and theres no music. haha, a little akward. so anyways the music rolls (it was destiny's child -lose my breath) and I start dancing.. full out improv :) i kinda got lost in the moment, so im not too sure how i did BUT as soon as i startedd the both judges started smiling. i looked up at the balcony at one point and ppl were watching ^^ ahah. i finished and got off stage, and a few people said good job--> to which i say ; THANK YOU SO MUCH GUYS, again =)

wooo longggg post lol. im in nyc still, and will be here until monday. ill be back to comment on soompi then :]

good job to everyone who auditioned today, hope you guys make it ;)

ps. WHATTT. 2PM?! no fairr, i left around 12ish!! (got there at 10:10, waited just under 2 hours)

@ ohso~karen

hah we were in the same group. i remember your song, it was good! :)

wow...that really sucks if they wouldnt let you audition just cus u arent korean...that'd be kinda dumb cus jyp wants to make it big in america and if JYP wouldnt be more diverse, it aint gunna happen...oh wells, wish you good luck ;D

Guest DragonAngelKya

You were in my group, lol, almost everyone in our group had to go to the bathroom before we went in, I was #202 the first person. I didn't even notice you walking in I was kinda out of it, I only noticed the lady at the desk.

Guest ChaosLy

ah i remember you!! i was number 296, but i remember there was a girl wearing red who knocked down the shelf under the t.v. they really shouldn't have put that there haha.

i was so disappointed in myself because i didn't warm up/practice on that day so i don't think i did well at all. i could normally hit the high notes but now i feel like kicking myself for not warming up and straining. yea and i saw a guy who was asked to stay behind, like one of the staff ran after him and told him to wait on the second floor.

i didn't get to see you perform, because i went before you =/

OMG. I was so embarressed when that happened.

I was like shiit and wanted to shoot myself. XD

But, then someone else knocked teh otehr stuff down too.

So, yeah, bad place to put that thing.

But, then again normally teh room is bigger...they blocked off the rest of the room.

2Pm came out from behind the damn JYP USA Tour Audition sign jdfhjkfghdksjj XD

But, be glad you didn't see me.

I sucked. Lol.

But, I didn't get to see you audition either

cause I think by the time they got to 296 I was stuck in the back row and couldn't see anyone auditioning.

Guest omgit'sme

OMG. I was so embarressed when that happened.

I was like shiit and wanted to shoot myself. XD

But, then someone else knocked teh otehr stuff down too.

So, yeah, bad place to put that thing.

But, then again normally teh room is bigger...they blocked off the rest of the room.

2Pm came out from behind the damn JYP USA Tour Audition sign jdfhjkfghdksjj XD

But, be glad you didn't see me.

I sucked. Lol.

But, I didn't get to see you audition either

cause I think by the time they got to 296 I was stuck in the back row and couldn't see anyone auditioning.

yea lol the other girl who knocked down stuff, i was sitting next to her, well next to the girl that was sitting next to her (lolz was that confusing?)

omg really? when did they come out? i was sitting right against that thing...

lol i'm sure you didn't suck...

Guest ChaosLy

yea lol the other girl who knocked down stuff, i was sitting next to her, well next to the girl that was sitting next to her (lolz was that confusing?)

omg really? when did they come out? i was sitting right against that thing...

lol i'm sure you didn't suck...

Haha. Really?

They came out after you went down and they moved my group to that back row.

I was sitting right against the wall next to the otehr thingy that fell.

I had to move to let them come out and almost made that think fall again XD

But, yeah one of them got nearly tripped on the rop from the sign Lol.

I was kinda trying to help to get the rop out of the way for him XD

Guest dubledeath

You were in my group, lol, almost everyone in our group had to go to the bathroom before we went in, I was #202 the first person. I didn't even notice you walking in I was kinda out of it, I only noticed the lady at the desk.

Haha, yea. Bathroom group we were. I was out of it too, I don't remember much of anyone's audition except mine. Oh well. Next time I'll audition with less........ mistakes... and CRAP moments. ugh haha

Guest musicpoplove

i saw you! :D i recognized you from your photo and my friend also recognized you because she already knew you. but yeahh i was in the balcony and i saw you go on and act.

i felt like your body movement was a bit awkward but your acting was good. :] maybe this just always happens to me when i watch people do any emotional acting but i did feel something from your prepared script(?). :] good job though~

hahaahaa

wat happened to my body movement?

i dont even know what i did.

i just did what was in my head lol

Guest sliceoheaven

Hey New York auditioners, just wondering but approx. how many people where at the audition?

Thanks!

Hope you guys all make it!

I'm new to soompi. ^_^

Guest ChaosLy

^ omg then that means i just missed them, darn!!

didn't everybody in the room freak out or anything?

Nah

Eevryoen was either paying attention to other people's auditions,

Too nervous to realize,

Or trying to focus.

So, no one spazzed or anything.

XD

I missed my chance for autographs and pictures. XD

Archived