• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest bebiieileenxD

QUESTIONS:

Where did you audition? NY

What did you audition for? acting

What was your number?122

How did you feel before auditioning? I felt cold but I wasn't that nervous or anything.

How about after? I felt disappointed & sad

Share with us your experience!:

My Experience

Well originally I was going to audition but I didn't really care for it. I was mainly doing it for my friend and I was like it's an upside to it as well, might as well take the chance and try to see how it's like. So the night before, i should have been memorizing my line and everything but then i was just like whatever I'll just wing it. I'm sure i could do that. Then it didn't really hit me how hard winging it would be until i was ON stage in front of the camera. So on stage I was just like stuttering and pausing a lot to think of the next line i should say. I repeated a lot of things over and rephrased a lot. My acting was very short because I couldn't think of many lines so i just stopped myself. I know i could have acted better if i prepared for it. But i guess I'm going to have to live with it now. I am definitely regretting it a lot now that I hear this may be the last JYP audition. I hope if i don't get into JYP, when SM comes around I will do my best since I know how they kinda are ;]

~hahaha so long. my bad. (:

Guest sjbbsdancex3

QUESTIONS:

What did you audition for? acting

What was your number?122

How did you feel before auditioning? I felt cold but I wasn't that nervous or anything.

How about after? I felt disappointed & sad

Share with us your experience!:

My Experience

Well originally I was going to audition but I didn't really care for it. I was mainly doing it for my friend and I was like it's an upside to it as well, might as well take the chance and try to see how it's like. So the night before, i should have been memorizing my line and everything but then i was just like whatever I'll just wing it. I'm sure i could do that. Then it didn't really hit me how hard winging it would be until i was ON stage in front of the camera. So on stage I was just like stuttering and pausing a lot to think of the next line i should say. I repeated a lot of things over and rephrased a lot. My acting was very short because I couldn't think of many lines so i just stopped myself. I know i could have acted better if i prepared for it. But i guess I'm going to have to live with it now. I am definitely regretting it a lot now that I hear this may be the last JYP audition. I hope if i don't get into JYP, when SM comes around I will do my best since I know how they kinda are ;]

~hahaha so long. my bad. (:

heyyy,

by any chance, did you see a girl dance?

probably one of the few, because barely anyone danced

white shirt, black pants?

Guest Kurorinn

Haha truee.I think talent is most important too!~

But the thing is I agree with everyone...

Korea really does like the image...

But I might try next year try to lose some weight. :T

But its ok that you arent asain!~

Are you going to audition tomarrow at NYC?

If you are GOOD LUCK!~

Or good luck to you inthe futuree! (:

I'm never gonna forget that "But its okay that you arent asian! "

Thanks for the support to all non-asian :)

you guys rock, i wish everyone had that way of thinking ^^

and yes i admit image is important.. just make sure its done healthily okays =)

What did you audition for? dancing

What was your number? 128

How did you feel before auditioning? a little intimidated .. people were STARING.. at the one non asian ahah :P

How about after? friggen AWESOME; I WAS DONE :)

Share with us your experience!: Alright, so it turns out i almost wasnt even allowed to audition. well somewhat. one of the ladies upstairs looked at my application and then whispered something in korean to the other lady beside her. she called the guy ushering us in and said something, to which he replied (in english) "well... she's still allowed to audition" (about my background i presume --im spanish) LOL, so yeah, not exactly the best thing to know before going into the audition room. Mind you, i am extremely grateful that i WAS allowed to stay.

Anyways, i was the third last person to go and everyone was singing (minus a rapper and a girl doing a monologue). I get up on stage and theres no music. haha, a little akward. so anyways the music rolls (it was destiny's child -lose my breath) and I start dancing.. full out improv :) i kinda got lost in the moment, so im not too sure how i did BUT as soon as i startedd the both judges started smiling. i looked up at the balcony at one point and ppl were watching ^^ ahah. i finished and got off stage, and a few people said good job--> to which i say ; THANK YOU SO MUCH GUYS, again =)

wooo longggg post lol. im in nyc still, and will be here until monday. ill be back to comment on soompi then :]

good job to everyone who auditioned today, hope you guys make it ;)

ps. WHATTT. 2PM?! no fairr, i left around 12ish!! (got there at 10:10, waited just under 2 hours)

@ ohso~karen

hah we were in the same group. i remember your song, it was good! :)

Guest darren26

I just came home from my first audition EVER in NY. I wasn't planning to audition but when I woke up at 1:00 p.m. today I was like "maybe I should go since it's the last time they're having it in NY". So basically I auditioned very LAST MINUTE. I had to pick any song I could remember by heart so I picked Tamia- Officially missing you. I was hyperventilating when I was next to sing. I knew I wasn't going to do good cause I never had any vocal lessons. Like I expected it didn't go well cause they cut me off pretty fast. I'm not upset because I wasn't expecting anything out of this but experience. I knew if I didn't go I would regret it. I am a bit embarrassed though because all the other guys sounded way better than me. I wish I got to dance because I'm better at that.. but I forgot to ask them because I was nervous and embarrassed so when they stopped me from singing I just quickly left to avoid anymore embarrassment. SO yeah I got to experience my first audition and now I'm going to keep practicing so I can send them my next audition through mail.

Guest contemplati0n

did anyone see me? I was #30 from MI. I was the guy with the curly hair wearing the hollister hoodie. So...I didn't know whether or not to sing or model. I ended up modeling after hearing some of the singers audition (there are some really good voices out there). Turns out that the stage was much smaller than I thought and everything just seemed awkward, so my walk and poses sucked! but I got to meet a lot of amazing ppl, which was nice. hopefully I'll get lucky and get a callback...I wish I saw 2PM...

Guest whatitdo33

did anyone see me? I was #30 from MI. I was the guy with the curly hair wearing the hollister hoodie. So...I didn't know whether or not to sing or model. I ended up modeling after hearing some of the singers audition (there are some really good voices out there). Turns out that the stage was much smaller than I thought and everything just seemed awkward, so my walk and poses sucked! but I got to meet a lot of amazing ppl, which was nice. hopefully I'll get lucky and get a callback...I wish I saw 2PM...

hey i think i remember you! i was number 35 or 36, forgot my number lol..i was wearing green and sang chain of fools

Guest emjaewhy

I just came home from my first audition EVER in NY. I wasn't planning to audition but when I woke up at 1:00 p.m. today I was like "maybe I should go since it's the last time they're having it in NY". So basically I auditioned very LAST MINUTE. I had to pick any song I could remember by heart so I picked Tamia- Officially missing you. I was hyperventilating when I was next to sing. I knew I wasn't going to do good cause I never had any vocal lessons. Like I expected it didn't go well cause they cut me off pretty fast. I'm not upset because I wasn't expecting anything out of this but experience. I knew if I didn't go I would regret it. I am a bit embarrassed though because all the other guys sounded way better than me. I wish I got to dance because I'm better at that.. but I forgot to ask them because I was nervous and embarrassed so when they stopped me from singing I just quickly left to avoid anymore embarrassment. SO yeah I got to experience my first audition and now I'm going to keep practicing so I can send them my next audition through mail.

:o. this is the last jyp audition?

really? aw. i was going to practice HARDCORE for next year's.

:[. dang. i didn't wanna go today because i wasn't ready.

is there really no auditions next year?

Guest ChaosLy

QUESTIONS:

Where did you audition? New York City!

What did you audition for? Dancing.

What was your number? 318

How did you feel before auditioning? I was so nervous. I've done dance compeitions before and was never nervous before I have to perform infront of people, but for thsi I was. I think it was because i didn't know my routine at all really. I didn't have time to practice.

How about after? I felt like I wanted to beat myself up. I know I did really bad. I liek to try to do better then my best, and this wasn't even close to my best.

Share with us your experience!: I had to take SATs in the morning, so I didn't go there till late. I got there around 3:17. When i got there there wasn't really a lot of people. But, I was spazzing because I didn't know what I wanted to do. I was still debating over what to audition for dance or singing/rapping. In the end I went with dancing, but I regret it. I had to study for SATs all week and did not get to practice my routine. Okay so inside they had us sit in this tiny space on the second floor, about thirty people there. It had a balcony type thing that over looked the super tiny stage space below. And they took us down ten at a time. So, yeah I got number 318. (If you don't remmebrr my number I was in a white shirt, with a black vest over it, black white stripped pants, and I had a bright red jack. I was alos teh girl taht stood up and made shelf and thing on top of it fall to teh ground. So embarrassing.) Anyways, we sat there and waited till it was our turn. And was it just me or was it the 2PM boys that worked out from the back. Cause if it was I'm mad I didn't realized it then and there. XD Some of the people were really good. The girl that was 319, teh number after me, left because she was too nervous and couldn't go through with it. I feel sorry for her. I think she should have stayed and tried to get through it. There was this one girl, I forgot what she was wearing, she could sing she just kept trying to hit a note that was too high for her range and cracked. She shoudl have brought it down one or two notes after teh first time , but not she stll tried to hit the note. ><; I ended up starting a conversation with the to girls next to me, since I'm bad with names I just know their numbers were 317 and 316. (Sorry for forgettting your names if your on here ><;) They were pretty nice. They both could sing too. I really liked 316's voice though she was awesome and she's mixxed, asian and puerto rican, extra plusses for her in my book (I wonder if that is a plus in JYp's book Lol.) Anyways once I was on stage I totally forgot my nervousness and just dance. And somewhere along the way I blanked on my steps and just winged it. I don't think I did well. I don't think anyone was impressed at all. I also think they asked like one person to say back for after auditions in the end. >,; I envy that person, better chance of them being intrested in him much.

Anyways, there is always SM Auditions and mail in auditions for any of the companies. So, I have time to work on my skills and improve. =]]

Guest darren26

:o. this is the last jyp audition?

really? aw. i was going to practice HARDCORE for next year's.

:[. dang. i didn't wanna go today because i wasn't ready.

is there really no auditions next year?

From what I'v heard this is the last audition in NY cause I asked several people and I asked one of the staffs there and they said it was the last one.. but there's always email auditions.. so don't worry.

Guest ohso~karen

@ ohso~karen

hah we were in the same group. i remember your song, it was good! :)

i remember you ! thanks :P your dance was really good. i actually thought it was choreographed XD

Guest emjaewhy

Not in NY I'm sure cause I asked several people and I asked one of the staffs there.. there's always email auditions.. it's probably the same.. don't worry.

wait, what? o_o

sorry, i just got really confused on what you said

you're saying you think there will still be NY face-to-face auditions right?

Guest bebiieileenxD

heyyy,

by any chance, did you see a girl dance?

probably one of the few, because barely anyone danced

white shirt, black pants?

well in my group there was only one dancer.

but i think when we were waiting i saw girl with like glasses asking about music or something ;O

because i think she didn't have it. there were more dancers in the group before me. i really wanted to check out dancing LOL

Guest darren26

wait, what? o_o

sorry, i just got really confused on what you said

you're saying you think there will still be NY face-to-face auditions right?

yeah my bad I just changed what I wrote cause I was being confusing.. but people told me this is the last NY JYP audition

Guest DragonAngelKya

Where did you audition? New York

What did you audition for? Singing

What was your number? 202

How did you feel before auditioning? I was very nervous, I looked around and I saw no other spanish people, I was the only Hispanic I saw out of everyone there

How about after? I felt sick, and hungry lol

Share with us your experience!: Before I even got to the JYP building I was scammed out of $30 (1st time in NY). As I waited in line I practiced in my head while listening to the other people practice out loud, and because I like to help I gave the girl in front of me my binder for her to write on. At one point I heard this girl in the other line scream and I immediately looked over thinking 'why did she scream?' I looked at who she was looking at and all I could see was the back of their heads so I stood there wondering who walked in.

So when I got inside, I got my number and then we were moved to the epic stairs of waiting. It was funny 'cause all the guys in my group had to go to the bathroom. So I walk into the room and I go to stand by the wall but a lady said "You're first, you're supposed to be on the stage" I thought 'OMG I'm 1st', so I get on stage and I forget the song I was going to sing and sang the first one that popped into my head, Waterfalls by T.L.C., I didn't even pay attention to the people up top watching because I was so nervous. So when I was done I went to the wall and thought 'I was not expecting that, what did I do?' The girl after me #203, I liked her, she was awesome, too bad I didn't get to tell her that in person.

Overall, I should go to auditions more often, to gain experince. (level up!)

Guest Aznlover<33

What was your number? originally 54 but they changeds it to 45

How did you feel before auditioning? I was kinda calm actually? At first I felt sick and like i had butterflies in my stomach but it was okay.

How about after? Hungry and disappointed.

Share with us your experience!:I came to NY at like 9 from NJ and there was a long line in front of JYP Center and people passing by would stare at us and ask us what we were doing here. Then at around 10 the staffs called the people that already applied online to come to the front and for those you didn't to fill out a form and go form a seperate line. So me and my other friends were in the front of the line. We were like the 4th group to audition since we were in the 40-50 range. But it was good cuase we were all together in the same room cause they changed our number by the order you walk into the building. When we walked in we walked up stairs and we were in this room where staffs took our application and gave us a number tag. We had to sit on the floor and there was a glass screen and we got to see the audition downstairs. We couldn't see the judges but we saw the people auditioning and I thought alot of them were really good. There was this guy that danced to Shinee World and i think he was REALLY good!!! there was also alot of talented girls which got to me since I was still young and my voice didn't mature yet, all the girls had strong mature voices since they were older. Then they call my group #41-50 to follow them and we go downstairs to where the audition was. The judges were 2 korean lady, a camera girl and a guy playing the cds. They judges looked nice and you could see here writing things down for some people. I was the 5th one to perform and it was really scary cause if you looked up you can see the faces of the people in the room above you. But I just looked at the guy playing the cd cause he was RIGHT behind the camera girl, I wasn't really that nervous and I just sang. The judge didn't cut me off or anything but I just stopped singing cuase the chorus of my song was really kinda hard cuase I sang "I have a lover" by Lee Eun mi and after she just smiled and told me "good job" then my friend went after me and he got cut off half way so I was pretty shocked. After that we just left and we were all kinda disappointed but it was a good experience. Oh yea we asked a staff about the audition and she told us that there was about 3-4 rounds for this audition???? Is that true???????

Guest contemplati0n

hey i think i remember you! i was number 35 or 36, forgot my number lol..i was wearing green and sang chain of fools

you probably saw me make a fool out of myself...I hope I wasn't too bad. I didn't get a chance to see anyone audition after me (sorry) they kicked us out right after we auditioned -_-

Guest loojerr

What was your number? my number was 194

How did you feel before auditioning? I was SOOO scared that I would forget one of my lyrics because i decided to switch songs 4days before theauditions... (i'm stupid)

How about after? Hungry and happy but disappointed

Share with us your experience! So... basically I came to NY from CT and i stayed at my friend's house in brooklyn. Basically.. today we got there around somewhere past 11 and got in line... and i was 194 and my friend was 193...

I saw one of these oppas I know so i talked to him about how his auditions went and what it was like... but MAN, i didn't realize how small the audition space would be.. but it had really nice acoustics. So... once it was my turn i like ran up there and took a deep breath and started singing... I was so caught up in making sure that i memorized that portion that iforgot to tell myself to keep things slow... so i ended up rushing through it a bit.. and that made me slightly crack in one of the parts... but oh well. Did anyone remember me? lol i was singing 혜성-Younha... I got through like 95% of what i prepared. i wasn't expecting to get it... but it'd be nice if i did... but i wouldn't be surprised if i didn't. :]

if anyone saw me.. HOW WAS I? lolol... the next couple of weeks will be utter chaos.. sort of. lol :]

Guest xAnimeLuver19x

ahh i was there too ^^;;

i saw TaekYeon and Nick Khun from 2PM XD

i was pretty shocked when i saw them. i was like....=OO *stareeeee* lolll

when i was auditioning, i saw the desk that the judge was at and she had a pretty thickish pile of papers that im guessing would be for the callbacks?? loll not sure. it wasn't tooo big but it looked about 10 or more??

i was trying to read the numbers without noticing that i was even doing it but even while looking at the numbers...i couldn't focus LOL i was too nervous XP

Guest omgit'sme

QUESTIONS:

Where did you audition? New York City!

What did you audition for? Dancing.

What was your number? 318

How did you feel before auditioning? I was so nervous. I've done dance compeitions before and was never nervous before I have to perform infront of people, but for thsi I was. I think it was because i didn't know my routine at all really. I didn't have time to practice.

How about after? I felt like I wanted to beat myself up. I know I did really bad. I liek to try to do better then my best, and this wasn't even close to my best.

Share with us your experience!: I had to take SATs in the morning, so I didn't go there till late. I got there around 3:17. When i got there there wasn't really a lot of people. But, I was spazzing because I didn't know what I wanted to do. I was still debating over what to audition for dance or singing/rapping. In the end I went with dancing, but I regret it. I had to study for SATs all week and did not get to practice my routine. Okay so inside they had us sit in this tiny space on the second floor, about thirty people there. It had a balcony type thing that over looked the super tiny stage space below. And they took us down ten at a time. So, yeah I got number 318. (If you don't remmebrr my number I was in a white shirt, with a black vest over it, black white stripped pants, and I had a bright red jack. I was alos teh girl taht stood up and made shelf and thing on top of it fall to teh ground. So embarrassing.) Anyways, we sat there and waited till it was our turn. And was it just me or was it the 2PM boys that worked out from the back. Cause if it was I'm mad I didn't realized it then and there. XD Some of the people were really good. The girl that was 319, teh number after me, left because she was too nervous and couldn't go through with it. I feel sorry for her. I think she should have stayed and tried to get through it. There was this one girl, I forgot what she was wearing, she could sing she just kept trying to hit a note that was too high for her range and cracked. She shoudl have brought it down one or two notes after teh first time , but not she stll tried to hit the note. ><; I ended up starting a conversation with the to girls next to me, since I'm bad with names I just know their numbers were 317 and 316. (Sorry for forgettting your names if your on here ><;) They were pretty nice. They both could sing too. I really liked 316's voice though she was awesome and she's mixxed, asian and puerto rican, extra plusses for her in my book (I wonder if that is a plus in JYp's book Lol.) Anyways once I was on stage I totally forgot my nervousness and just dance. And somewhere along the way I blanked on my steps and just winged it. I don't think I did well. I don't think anyone was impressed at all. I also think they asked like one person to say back for after auditions in the end. >,; I envy that person, better chance of them being intrested in him much.

Anyways, there is always SM Auditions and mail in auditions for any of the companies. So, I have time to work on my skills and improve. =]]

ah i remember you!! i was number 296, but i remember there was a girl wearing red who knocked down the shelf under the t.v. they really shouldn't have put that there haha.

i was so disappointed in myself because i didn't warm up/practice on that day so i don't think i did well at all. i could normally hit the high notes but now i feel like kicking myself for not warming up and straining. yea and i saw a guy who was asked to stay behind, like one of the staff ran after him and told him to wait on the second floor.

i didn't get to see you perform, because i went before you =/

Archived