Jype Global Audition 2009 Experience!

Guest mspop

Guest adieu.cloud

okay (; well , mine turned out SOOO FREAKING BAD -___-;;

i went offkey at the beginning , and forgot my lyrics & i even asked if i could start over again .

me & my friends got there at around 5;30 , and we wanted to wait till the end where there werent so much people over there looking at us .

so one of my friend eventually made us go in :X

we talked to some other people & we were talking to these 3 chinese girls who were auditioning with us ! XDD they were so nicee !

my sister saw nikhun :[ & i couldnt !

& yeah (; . we handed in our applications and we had to line up on the staircase to get into the 2nd floor where the tiny waiting room was in .

the place was really niceee :] i liked it . lolol

we had to sit on the balcony looking at the people singing. i saw one girl with a vest on & she was really good :o i envy her :P

i was number 401 btw . 402 was my sister .

after the batch before us , one of the people told us to go down to the basement where 3-4 judges were . there was a camera there too .

there was also a whiteish door at the basement & that was where i saw NICKHUNNN ! :D me & my sister saw him through it xD DAMN WAS HE TALL!

hes like 1 foot taller then me ! he was getting something to drink too :D , so yeah . my friends went & then next it was me.

i stepped on the stage & DAMNNNN ! THE STAGE FELT LIKE 2 FT TALL . :[

i saw the green t & i put my foot on it & i sang IF I were You by Tamia .

I WAS SO FREAKING NERVOUS . i forgot my melody , my lyrics & i went off key SO MUCH . i was so horriable -__-;

i messed up SOOO FREAKING BADLY at the beginning & i even asked if i could start over again ! HOW STUPID WAS I!?!!? -__-

the judge didnt answer me , so i started it over again anyways .

next was my sister who forgot how her melody went all red . she was gonna sing take a bow - rihanna .

i was telling her to sing another song but i guess she didnt hear me .

& she gave up just like that . ARGGGG> . she ended up giving up & started crying . my friends were comforting her with other 2 chinese girls that we met there.

um yeah . thats pretty much it . when i walked out , i saw these 2 guys who were rapping & beat boxing outside of the building .

however , we got out of the building and the women who worked for them saw my sister crying came out of the building too & said " awee , dont cry ! youll have another chance "

she was so niceee & pretty tooo !

even before we auditioned , she was talking to me & my friends , telling us not to worry & to give it our best , and to not be nervous .

that eased down my nervousness but once i got on stage i freaking paniced a bit .

LATER ;D my friends sister & my sister and i were richard simmons cos we did so bad T____T;

WE WENT FOR ICECREAM ! :D & went to payless to try on the highheels cos we were bored .

LOLOLOL , and my friend decided that we should always eat ice cream after an audition & play around in macys or something.

ANDAND ! somebody said that jyp has auditions every 1st & 3rd sunday of a month right ? is that in america ? or .. korea only ?

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i went offkey at the beginning , and forgot my lyrics & i even asked if i could start over again .

me & my friends got there at around 5;30 , and we wanted to wait till the end where there werent so much people over there looking at us .

we talked to some other people & we were talking to these 3 chinese girls who were auditioning with us ! XDD they were so nicee !

& yeah (; . we handed in our applications and we had to line up on the staircase to get into the 2nd floor where the tiny waiting room was in .

we had to sit on the balcony looking at the people singing. i saw one girl with a vest on & she was really good :o i envy her :P

after the batch before us , one of the people told us to go down to the basement where 3-4 judges were . there was a camera there too .

there was also a whiteish door at the basement & that was where i saw NICKHUNNN ! :D me & my sister saw him through it xD DAMN WAS HE TALL!

hes like 1 foot taller then me ! he was getting something to drink too :D , so yeah . my friends went & then next it was me.

I WAS SO FREAKING NERVOUS . i forgot my melody , my lyrics & i went off key SO MUCH . i was so horriable -__-;

i messed up SOOO FREAKING BADLY at the beginning & i even asked if i could start over again ! HOW STUPID WAS I!?!!? -__-

next was my sister who forgot how her melody went all red . she was gonna sing take a bow - rihanna .

& she gave up just like that . ARGGGG> . she ended up giving up & started crying . my friends were comforting her with other 2 chinese girls that we met there.

um yeah . thats pretty much it . when i walked out , i saw these 2 guys who were rapping & beat boxing outside of the building .

however , we got out of the building and the women who worked for them saw my sister crying came out of the building too & said " awee , dont cry ! youll have another chance "

even before we auditioned , she was talking to me & my friends , telling us not to worry & to give it our best , and to not be nervous .

that eased down my nervousness but once i got on stage i freaking paniced a bit .

LATER ;D my friends sister & my sister and i were richard simmons cos we did so bad T____T;

WE WENT FOR ICECREAM ! :D & went to payless to try on the highheels cos we were bored .

LOLOLOL , and my friend decided that we should always eat ice cream after an audition & play around in macys or something.

ANDAND ! somebody said that jyp has auditions every 1st & 3rd sunday of a month right ? is that in america ? or .. korea only ?

only in korea

Guest xninix77

Where did you audition? NY

What did you audition for? Modeling

What was your number? 95

How did you feel before auditioning? Nervous at times, but my friends woke up early and came with me just to support me <3 so I was okay.

How about after? Kinda disappointed

Share with us your experience!: Well, basically, I was spazzing out and my whole body felt like spaghetti because of my nervousness before we had to go inside the room. I don't really remember too much of what I did, but it went by really fast but I remember I tried to do the whole "confident/attitude" and "half smile" thing. First of all, the judge wasn't even looking up from the desk because she was too busy writing/reading so she missed most of my performance. She looked up at the point where I was doing my ending walk. When I did the first beginning walk, my shoes were slipping, like pivoting left and right under me because of the floor. They didn't stop the music when I was done either so I was just like uhhh.. *smile, bow* and that was it. Seeing the judge not being able to see my audition fully was pretty depressing, but oh well. It's over now so.. yeah -_-

hey~~ remember me? the chinese girl who danced >_< and was talkin about jiggling haha

cant believe ur on here 2 ~~

since im here i'll fill one out too~

What did you audition for? Dancing

What was your number? 97

How did you feel before auditioning? I think I was too shocked that I was actually doing this to feel anything.. plus the 18 hr all nite drive to new york.

How about after? disappointed... I feel like i didnt show all that I could do..

Share with us your experience!: I went to audition with my friend who was number 96. She sang " No One" by Alicia Keys. I danced to pitbull's bojangles. We got there around 10. There was already a line that reached down to the intersection when we got there. The staff asked us to line up into 2 lines based on if we filled out an online app or not. We stood in line for about 2 hrs. They let us in and we kinda watched people from up on a balcony. There were some veryyyyyy nice singers there!! I felt kind of intimidated.. but i wasnt singing so i guess it didnt make me super nervous >_<. My friend sang 1st. I saw the judge closing her eyes to listen to her more intently i guess? and she wrote something on her paper. When i went i completely did not stick to the routine i planned.... i jus did parts of it.. I saw the judge looking at me... and I kind of froze after like 25-30 sec because i felt she let me go I was expecting her to say stop soon... and kinda when i froze she probably noticed and stopped me >_<.... I feel stupid now i wish i just kept going...

but there were a lot of talented people there T_T... I wish they could just take every one >_<

Guest Skittles1200

QUESTIONS:

What did you audition for? Dancing

What was your number? #9

How did you feel before auditioning? cold and little nervous

How about after? I didn't get to do my entire dance~ buh it was okay..~

Share with us your experience!:

My Experience

I got there pretty early like 8:50 something. I was really tired cuz i took the NY Railway bus from Toronto and it cost me 10 hrs to get here... i saw couple of ppl there when i arrived. there was a guy who was practicing his dance in front of the glass on the JYP centre building.. and a korean girl with her father .. and some other ppl.. anyweiz, i was one of the first 10 auditioners and i thought i shudve auditioned later cuz i believed those judges also needed time to "warm up"... there was.. yea.. like mentioned.. a pretty lady with nerd glasses there and a cute camera guy with curly hair.. buh the "main judge" at the desk was jus like a typical korean lady.. and she was, i think, the decision maker of who were gonna be called bck.. when i was on the stage, i was okay.. not very nervous since i was only gonna using my body language not like singing where if u were nervous u got choppy and u were dead... i was cut off exactly by 1:00, i donno if they did this to everyone but u guys can measure the time, jus sing/dance/act/model till where they cut u off and see how long that is. i didnt do my best moves... there were like 4 guys in my group who were dancing. they did good especially a short guy with jelled hair.. he looks asian buh he said hes from *** i forgot buh shud be somewhere besides CHN KOR and JPN.. well.. the judges didn let anyone stay... did someone get told to stay?????? really wanna kno. and when and where and how do we kno the result of the whole US auditions? thx

HEY!

I was number 5. We were in the same group. You're the guy from Toronto. You were really really good!

Guest angieebabyy

i guess u still didn't make ur audition... u shud've done more research on the buses .. .like me i took 10 hrs bus from toronto... but keep ur dream alive!! i support u!

wow so many people from toronto! im from toronto too! except im still here. i flew down, it might have been cheaper to bus but the flight was alot more comfortable =D :tears: i didnt know there were fellow torontians at the audition! no one said hi to me :tears:

Woah!!!

nice to meet you on soompi

you were really good ^^

i was soo intiminated by all the older girls with mature voices

i looked like I was 10 TT

ahah nice to meet you too. i dont think i talked to you? i think i said one thing but i dont rmb what ahaha

thanks! i didnt practice or warmup. i was so bummed when she cut me off i just sighed. LOL didnt even say thank you. i bet they thought i was really rude. T_T ahaha you do look really young but its okay =) im old T_T 18 T_T

Guest liljoekim09

QUESTIONS:

What did you audition for? Singing

What was your number? #3

How did you feel before auditioning? cold and nervous

How about after? No matter how much experience I have with performing my nerves still got the best of me towards the end and hit a wrong note so... i was discouraged knowing that I give my strongest performance. (i sang, "Jesus lover of my soul)

Share with us your experience!:

Same as everyone else...got there 9:00ish, waited in the cold, got in line with all the other masses of people, one of the staff randomly tried to make conversation with me and ask me like, "so are you auditioning for singing?" i just nodded cause i was cold... haha. We got in, got our numbers, waited some more, 5 of us went to the bathroom where the guy staff accompanied us for "security reasons", we were led upstairs where people were apparently sleeping....(trainees?), in the bathroom it looked like a.....typical bathroom with people's belongings...

went down stairs to audition, lined us up against the wall, when it was my turn I went up, sang and then stepped down...:)

Guest ☆everlasting★

HEY!

I was number 5. We were in the same group. You're the guy from Toronto. You were really really good!

were u the guy who got asked abt the nationality?? u were really good too!! i think they probably let u stay after or something.... nice meeting u!!

Guest nanjiyoun

i saw one girl with a vest on & she was really good :o i envy her :P

Was the vest grey? if so that's my friend haha

and the two guys who went last are also my friends >_>

Guest Skittles1200

were u the guy who got asked abt the nationality?? u were really good too!! i think they probably let u stay after or something.... nice meeting u!!

Nice to meet you too!

Yeah, they asked my what nationality i was. and i was so out of breath, i didnt understand what they were asking at first.

Guest contemplati0n

Nice to meet you too!

Yeah, they asked my what nationality i was. and i was so out of breath, i didnt understand what they were asking at first.

haha hey! I was #30, the older-looking guy with the curly hair. I'm trying to remember if I saw you in that small room that we had to wait in, and I think I remember seeing someone with really short hair. I'm guessing it was you...(telling from your soompi picture). Were you out of breath cuz you danced? The staff members were really strict when we were up there...they told us to all sit down and not look at the auditioners (but when I auditioned, SO many people were staring...I guess they became more lenient). It was funny when you answered...your voice sounded a bit weird...haha , but now I know you were out of breath. My friends and I were talking about you after we auditioned, we were like "omg...there's this guy that got a callback...we think he said he was Hmong, but he sounded confused" even though none of use really saw who you were haha. please correct me if you're not Hmong. I wish I had talked to a future trainee [you]...anyways, it was nice seeing you. my audition sucked...guess I relied too much on looks lol.

Guest ☆everlasting★

Nice to meet you too!

oh yea.. did u get a call back? or stay after?

haha hey! I was #30, the older-looking guy with the curly hair. I'm trying to remember if I saw you in that small room that we had to wait in, and I think I remember seeing someone with really short hair. I'm guessing it was you...(telling from your soompi picture). Were you out of breath cuz you danced? The staff members were really strict when we were up there...they told us to all sit down and not look at the auditioners (but when I auditioned, SO many people were staring...I guess they became more lenient). It was funny when you answered...your voice sounded a bit weird...haha , but now I know you were out of breath. My friends and I were talking about you after we auditioned, we were like "omg...there's this guy that got a callback...we think he said he was Hmong, but he sounded confused" even though none of use really saw who you were haha. please correct me if you're not Hmong. I wish I had talked to a future trainee [you]...anyways, it was nice seeing you. my audition sucked...guess I relied too much on looks lol.

whoa kool!!!!

he's hmong!? i have yet to see another hmong person that's interested in this kind of stuff lol

and a talented one, cause you don't see that very often!!!!

OMG i have to meet him lol

Guest whatitdo33

you probably saw me make a fool out of myself...I hope I wasn't too bad. I didn't get a chance to see anyone audition after me (sorry) they kicked us out right after we auditioned -_-

haha nah man its fine =)

i was number 35 or 36...forgot which one lol. I wore a green sweater with a black jacket, and wore glasses. I sang chain of fools, but didnt know if i did well but i know i wasnt nervouss =) did anyone see me?

Guest Skittles1200

oh yea.. did u get a call back? or stay after?

whoa kool!!!!

he's hmong!? i have yet to see another hmong person that's interested in this kind of stuff lol

and a talented one, cause you don't see that very often!!!!

OMG i have to meet him lol

haha, Uhm. Yep, I am Hmong and im still a baby, im 15.

and yes, i am a dancer. My dance crew and I actually dance for the NBA timberwolves. Our name is "The pack".

Actually, no, i did not stay back. Where did you guys get that idea?

And honestly, i thought i did really badly. haha.

haha, Uhm. Yep, I am Hmong and im still a baby, im 15.

and yes, i am a dancer. My dance crew and I actually dance for the NBA timberwolves. Our name is "The pack".

Actually, no, i did not stay back. Where did you guys get that idea?

And honestly, i thought i did really badly. haha.

kool! can i see how you dance like lol

Guest Skittles1200

kool! can i see how you dance like lol

i dont think i have any videos of me dancing. I wanna seee you dance!

Guest loojerr

hahaahaa

wat happened to my body movement?

i dont even know what i did.

i just did what was in my head lol

lol i don't remember exactly what you were doing but i think when you started using your hand ... i THINK you like tapped your chest or something? i'm not sure... but

it was just a tiny bit awkward, but how can it not be, right? :]

but good job, did you get to finish all that you prepared?

Guest xAnimeLuver19x

ahh. i was in the same group as u ^^;; and wat?!?! Nick Khun was right there in the basement too?? o.O;;

omg. how'd i not notice?? lolll. i was toooo nervous T_T

Guest adieu.cloud

ahh. i was in the same group as u ^^;; and wat?!?! Nick Khun was right there in the basement too?? o.O;;

omg. how'd i not notice?? lolll. i was toooo nervous T_T

omgg (:

you serious !?

what number were youu ?

he was in the other room witch the white transparent ish door . & he was holding onto a mug or something

Archived