[Drama 2001] Beautiful Days 아름다운 날들

rubie

Guest Mrs. Lee

Hi gigi and ella sis,

According to Ping,

this set of Visual Sound track DVD ost includes :

1. 12 BD MVs

2. Clips of BD, including the main cast and supporting actors and actresses

3. Special edition : 4 songs with ngs and classic scenes, less compared to the BD Collection DVD box set.

But some ngs not seen before, like the one shown here, Minchul baring his back :P:lol:

Source: http://global.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.aspx/...section-videos/

Thanks for the info HYC! So this is a DVD OST not the DVD drama that yesasia is selling for $120...Can you ask Ping if the DVD OST is worth buying? I am really tempted to buy one (anything BD I will buy just for my collection!!! It will be my xmas gift to myself!)! :P Just want to make sure the NG's got an Eng translation just like in the SCs you posted earlier ( Minchul baring his back! waaah! so sexy!!! *gigidroolingandsweatingprofusely* :lol:

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Rxgoodleaf

Since I am home sick, been having BD marathon...

Just finished watching episode 12...

I already know the ending so this is just my 2 cents...

If I were Yeon Soo, I would go for Sun Jae...

Min Chul really has not been that nice to her so far...

I am waiting to see what Sun Jae does now that he found out who his real father is...

Half way done, half to go! ^^

^

Hi gracew! Good to see you here, thank you very much for the Torrent link for BD. Really appreciate it a lot. Btw, do you know if there's a link for EHAS as well... someone is asking for a Torrent link at the movie thread. Thanks & keep posting, ok. :)

---------------------------------------------------------

Hi,

You're most welcomed. It's my pleasure to share more of one of my favorite dramas. As for EHAS, I tried searching my usual search sites....it's not there....April Snow is there. Here's the search site...see if anyone can find it.

http://members.optusnet.com.au/huyza/kmoviesearch.html

:)

Thanks for the info HYC! So this is a DVD OST not the DVD drama that yesasia is selling for $120...Can you ask Ping if the DVD OST is worth buying? I am really tempted to buy one (anything BD I will buy just for my collection!!! It will be my xmas gift to myself!)! :P Just want to make sure the NG's got an Eng translation just like in the SCs you posted earlier ( Minchul baring his back! waaah! so sexy!!! *gigidroolingandsweatingprofusely* :lol:

Hi gigi,

I asked Ping, she said this BD DVD visual sound track is with Eng. sub, the MVs are great, but ngs not many. There is a booklet for the lyrics of the songs too.

Here is another set of BD DVD, but unfortunately no english sub, but with lots of ngs. You can have a look in this link for the details. the price is doubled.

http://global.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.aspx/...section-videos/

Guest swtlove87

hi everyone!!

just wanna say that Beautiful Days is the best korean serires i ever saw n iam watching it again too hehe neva get bor of it. like the chemestry between minchul n yeonsu. hav anyone here seen a bittersweet life?

Hi,

The copy I have (350 MB) MQ is very good with hard-subbed English subtitles. I've tried looking around for a good one from clubbox but couldn't locate it as well. I ended up using the torrent download. It's slow but it's really worth it for me. Just search for BitComet program, download and install it and here's the torrent below. Just double click on 'Beautiful Days' or click 'DL'....can't remember which. It's very simple.

http://encodes.dynu.net/~jem/

All the best !!!!

:P

Thanks so much. I am dling it now. You are right, it is slow...but worth the wait.

^

Hi Rxgoodleaf, glad to know that you're continuing to watch BD despite the ending... and... erm.. Minchul does change for the better in later scenes (but only after giving more heartaches to Yeonsoo) but he did suffer as well, if it's any consolation. Anyway... his character, was in such a way that he's the complete opposite... a contrast from Seonjae, the brothers they never were. Maybe it's his fears, his defence, his insecurities that made him someone who's hard to deal with, especially for Yeonsoo who loves him too much.

gracew, thanks very much for the movie search link. Really appreciate it! Glad that the BD link now works for nabi, too. I might download it as well, although I already have a copy. Anything BD... we're can be so hopeless! :lol:

Hi swtlove87, welcome to Beautiful Days... very happy to have you here. Yes, some of us have seen A Bittersweet Life ... it's an action movie featuring LBH and SMA (his sister in BD) but there's nothing like BD in the movie... a lot of kicking and fighting, actually... still... not to be missed, it's the best work of LBH so far.

You can read more about the movie here, beware of spoilers though..

A Bittersweet Life

http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=255

Guest Rxgoodleaf

Reporting...

Finished episode 15...

I really would like Sun Jae to get the girl...

Wistful thinking I know...

I usually end up rooting for the underdog...

Why is that I wonder? ^^

Article...

Gush… Gasp… and Gripped by Beautiful Days

BY C Y LOW

Gush… Gasp… such sentiments and feelings evoked. One cannot help but to be Gripped by this serial. Beautiful Days is a GEM in its own right.

What makes the serial shine when you can find the usual soap opera fare such as love triangles, sibling rivalries and even a damsel in distress with a terminal disease? What sets Beautiful Days apart from the typical ’weepy’ Korean melodramas?

Gush… gush…

Most female viewers will not be spared from the impact of that intense and hypnotic gaze of Lee Byung–Heon who plays Minzhe. His magnetic gaze together with good looks and charismatic screen presence have won him legions of female fans and movie contracts falling into his laps.

But Byung–Heon is no ’himbo’.

The 31–year–old Han Yang University grad, armed with another degree in performing arts from a prestigious Korean drama institution, has won numerous acting awards since 1992. His acting prowess is evident in Beautiful Days.

Take for instance a scene in an earlier episode where we saw him standing behind the door and struggling with conflicting feelings of love and disappointment towards Yanxiu. When he flung open the door hoping to see Yanxiu, his hope was immediately dashed as he faced a still and empty walkway.

Despite the absence of popping veins, tightened jaws, teary eyes and a mucus–laden nose tip (thankfully! , the scene was pounding with surging waves of emotion. Such wonderful display of understated virtuosity leaves you with no reason not to gush over this charming actor.

Gasping for More

Beautiful Days moves slowly in the beginning as attention has been paid to details to bring the 70s and 80s back in the earlier episodes.

If you are among one of those who was turned off by the initial slow–pace of the drama, time to snuggle up on your sofa and tune in to City TV at nine on your weekday nights again! And if you have not started watching the serial, now is a good time to catch up with the serial.

The story is now moving into what I call – ‘a point of no return’.

The intriguing relationships among the 4 main characters: – Minzhe (Lee Byung–Heon), Xuanzai (Ryu Shi–Won), Yanxiu (Choi Ji–Woo) and Shina (Lee Jung–Hyun), are starting to evolve.

The plots are getting progressively engaging as Minzhe and Xuanzai fight to win the love of Yanxiu. Unexpected twists of events in their relationships often leave you gasping in suspense to see who will eventually win over Yanxiu’s heart.

Gripped To ‘A Point Of No Return’

What we can be certain of is that the beautiful actress Choi Ji–Woo as the angelic Yanxiu, has indeed won over the hearts of many Korean viewers.

The viewers were so emotionally attached to Yanxiu that that they flooded SBS (Seoul Broadcasting System) with endless protests against her ’death’.

Guest Rxgoodleaf

In the middle of watching episode 17 and just had to make a comment...

I couldn't believe Yun Soo chasing after Min Chul (driving away in his car) after he told her that it was over!!!

I am like WOMAN HAVE SOME PRIDE!

Wait, wait!

Sun Jae just dacked Min Chul!

Alright! *Clapping*

Yeah I know, Min Chul is doing it for Yun Soo (for her own good)...

Edit: Ah, did I mention I once had a crush on a boy named Min Chul? Way back in elementary school?! :D

OK, watching the scene where Sun Jae is talking about moving fourth and fifth fingers (to Yun Soo)...

My favorite scene so far... :wub:

Oh no, oh no!

Sun Jae is about to find out who really killed his biological father!

Episode 18 will have to wait til tomorrow, school day tomorrow (well in my case work day)... ^^

Episode 6

The next morning, San-jae catches sight of Yeon-soo at he balcony, humming his song. He approaches her and tells her to keep mum about his music ; in return Yeon-soo hopes he will keep it from Sae-na about her present employment in his home, San-jae agrees. San-jae returns to his room to find Min- chul waiting for him, Min-chul tells him to hold his drink in future.Yeon-soo arrives at work and faces the interrogation of her supervisor regarding her date with Min-chul, Na-rae comes to her rescue. Na-rae asks Yeon-soo if there is something going on between her and Min-chul, Yeon-soo is speechless. Na-rae tells her that it is impossible to be with Min -chul and tells her to forget about him but Yeon-soo seems to have fallen under his spell.

Min-chul is informed that Zero has sent him a message informing them that he has no intention of recording an album and tells them to stop looking for him. Min-chul understands that there is a girl, Shin Jae-eun who has been writing about Zero, he informs his assistant to look for her as he wants to locate Zero at all costs.Jung-hun tells Sae-na that he wants to introduce her to someone important and invites her out, Na-rae overhears the conversation and tags along. Sae-na is shocked to discover that the person is San-jae and he is Min-chul's brother. Annoyed that he has kept his identity a secret, she passes sarcastic remarks at him. San-jae explains that if he had revealed his identity, she might feel uncomfortable talking to him about Victory Records. Sae-na tells San-jae about the little boy at the orphanage, San-jae is equally surprised about her identity. He is delighted to know that her sister at the orphanage is actually Yeon-soo.

Yeon-soo brings Min-ji to a mall and sets up her easel and displays her artwork ; she tells Min-ji that since she is not interested in her studies, then she should accompany her at work. Just then , someone enquires about her drawings, Min-ji ignores them and chooses to roam the mall. However, she soon gets bored and when she returns, Yeon-soo insists she draws the portraits of the customers.Min-ji receives her first payment for her drawing and she is excited, she wants to get a gift for her brother. At dinner, she presents the gift to Min-chul and tells him she has bought it with her hard-earned money, Min-chul is surprise by her words and seeks affirmation with Yeon-soo. He is amused that she had bought him a red underwear.

Min-chul hands a cheque to Yeon-soo to express his gratitude but Yeon-soo refuses. He tells her to draw a portrait of him and accept the cheque as a payment. When the portrait is completed, he takes back the cheque and asks Yeon-soo if she could give him the portrait as a gift.San-jae is excited about Yeon-soo's identity, he takes out the drawing she had given him and waits for her outside the house, intending to surprise her. He sees her returning with Min-chul and hides the drawing.Sae-na reveals to Na-rae of her feelings for San Jae.

The next day, San-jae tails Yeon-soo and approaches her at the mall. Yeon-soo is looking for a MP3 player for her sister and gets San-jae to help her. At the mall, San-jae plays the piece of music for Yeon-soo, drawing the applause of a crowd. San-jae invites Yeon-soo for a meal; his cell phone rings as he walks away, Yeon-soo answers the call but she quickly disconnects the call when she realise the caller is Sae-na. When San-jae returns, Yeon-soo tells him about the call; he turns off his phone without Yeon Soo realising. In the meantime, Sae-na continues to wait for him.

Back home, San-jae shows Yeon-soo the drawing, Yeon-soo is surprise as she has always thought that the little boy is Min-chul. As they reminisce about the past, Min-ji barges in and shows her anger at them. Yeon-soo runs out after her, meeting Min-chul on the way. She acknowledges him and starts to walk away, Min-chul holds her back telling her he has not seen her the entire day. At this while, Min-ji enters his room and tells him about San-jae and Yeon-soo. Min-chul reacted to the matter with indifference but he is clearly disturbed.

Sae-na demands to know San-jae whereabouts the day before, San-jae pacifies her by giving her the MP3 player. Yeon-soo is relieved to learn that Sae-na likes the gift. San-jae invites her for a home-cooked meal, as they are enjoying their food, Min-chul returns and sees them together. Min -chul is upset by the sight of Yeon-soo and San-jae together, he returns to his room and stares at the portrait Yeon-soo had drawn for him.Just then, Min-chul receives a message that Zero will be visiting Shin Jae-eun at the hospital, he rushes to the hospital. Soon after his departure, San-jae rushes out too. Myong-ja receives a bouquet with a message congratulating her and Yong-jun on their 26th marriage anniversary. Myong-ja is disturbed by the identity of the sender.

Source: http://beaudays.tripod.com

~ oh this is one of my fave krn. dramas!~ this is my first time i've been in this thread since soompi came back up ^_^ ~ i j/ have to say that~ i dunno why, but i cried the first time i saw Sunjae play the piano @ the mall...~ that was when i actually fell in love w/ RSW haha.~ but that was wierd.~-- haha. I j/ love this drama and i feel like watching it again!~-- i think i will!~ :D haha

Guest ellabel

In the middle of watching episode 17 and just had to make a comment...

I couldn't believe Yun Soo chasing after Min Chul (driving away in his car) after he told her that it was over!!!

I am like WOMAN HAVE SOME PRIDE!

Wait, wait!

Sun Jae just dacked Min Chul!

Alright! *Clapping*

Yeah I know, Min Chul is doing it for Yun Soo (for her own good)...

Edit: Ah, did I mention I once had a crush on a boy named Min Chul? Way back in elementary school?! :D

OK, watching the scene where Sun Jae is talking about moving fourth and fifth fingers (to Yun Soo)...

My favorite scene so far... :wub:

Oh no, oh no!

Sun Jae is about to find out who really killed his biological father!

Episode 18 will have to wait til tomorrow, school day tomorrow (well in my case work day)... ^^

Hi Rxgoodleaf !!!

You had a crush named Min chul? :lol:

Well, i'm usually for the underdog but MC is the exception for me.

I was intrigued and captivated by his arrogant yet sweet, strong-willed but vulnerable, brusque yet tender attitude. I feel for Sj too but MC had a harder life than him growing up.

Me too felt bad about YS still following MC's car.

Like you, i wanna tell her HAVE SOME PRIDE!!! GOSH!!!

But, i guess that's what true love is all about for her.

Having no pride for the man you love. :)

Guest Rxgoodleaf

Finished episode 18...

Very convincing emotional moments especially when Sun Jae found out about his biological father's killer...

6 more episodes to go...

Torn between wanting to finish watching BD, need sleep for work tomorrow, need to get some subbing done...

:rolleyes:

Archived