Repost MVs

Credit to Ping at bhjwlove.com

Welcome all BD and BHJW fans to the new home of Beautiful Days :lol:

MV-Green green grass of home

BHJW MV -You've got a friend

wowow interview

based on the chinese translation by Ping

About CJW

BH: Just like what you all know…very beautiful, honest…genial and friendly…different from other actors and actresses.

About LBH

JW: LBH is my senior, an extremely good actor in Korea. During the shooting session he will instruct me about the acting. If you watch the movie, you will realize his charm. But I think it’s his refreshing smile, and his intense gaze that are his attractiveness.

MV-You've got a friend

You ve got a friend James Taylor

When your down and troubled

and you need a helping hand

and nothing, whoa nothing

is going right.

Close your eyes and think of me

and soon I will be there

to brighten up even your

darkest nights.

You just call out my name,

and you know where ever I am

I'll come running, Oh yeah babe

to see you again.

Winter, spring , summer, or fall,

all you've got to do is call

and I'll be there, yeah yeah yeah

You've got a friend.

If the sky above you

should turn dark and full of clouds

and that old north wind should

begin to blow

Keep your head together and call

my name out loud

now soon I will be knocking

upon your door.

You just call out my name

and you know where ever I am

I'll come running oh yes I will

to see you again.

Winter, Spring, summer or fall

all you got to do is call

and I'll be there, yeah, yeah, yeah.

Hey, ain't it good to know

that you've got a friend?

People can be so cold.

They'll hurt you and desert you.

Well they'll take your soul

if you let them.

Oh yeah, but don't you let them.

You just call out my name and

you know where ever I am

I'll come running to see you again.

Winter Spring summer or fall,

All you've got to do is call.

Lord, I'll be there, yes I will.

Ain't it good to know you've

got a friend.

Ain't it good to know you've

got a friend. Yeah yeah

You've got a friend. yeah

^ why thunderbolt of course you may have that GIF ;) (just upload it on your photobucket account pls, will ya? thanks!)

btw, i LOVED your BD thoughts and reviews (as reposted from Hotelier forum)! i agree with how you described CJW's acting here - yes i also thought her bawling over Sena's bad performance was a bit too much but the rest of her acting was very well done. my favorite JW crying scene was Minchul came to see her after she moved out of his house - after his father insulted and kicked her out of the house. and yes, BD definitely has a lot of romantic scenes - i haven't seen another drama that could match the number and intensity of BD's romantic scenes hehe.

BD took me on an emotional rollercoaster ride while i was watching it the 1st time years ago...i was dazed for a weeks because I was infected with the BD bug.

I am very impressed with LBH for his excellent performance in BD, he could deliver the emotions with just facial expression and his piercing eyes...no words needed. Till now...i still respect LBH very much for his acting talents

Though CJW has good chemistry with almost all her male leads (BYJ , LBH and KSW), I still think her chemistry with LBH in BD is still the best I have seen in ANY drama.

The producer & director also did a great job, many well loved classic scenes that we cannot forget. My favourites are :-

1) Victory Kiss

2) Beach Scene

3) Lift/elevator Scene

4) Airport escalator scene

5) Portrait scene

6) Subway scene

7) Proposal scene

8) Chance encouter-scene @ cafe where they try to assure each other they just meet by chance, trying to hide their yearning emotions for each other

Great OST :

- Promise

- Please

- Missing You

- Behind you

- Remembering me by Sens

- For you

- Heaven

- Track 14 sung by LBH

I LOVE BEAUTIFUL DAYS

I LOVE CJW & LBH

from SMURFALONE previously known as TAYYL

tayyl good to see you here again! BD certainly does have a beautiful soundtrack. as soon as i hear the intro melody of the song, it strikes a chord in my heart. brings back memories of the drama. *sighs*

Well... I decided to share some thoughts that I penned earlier in the year... some of you might find this familiar... it was included in my birthday dedication to BH... I just edited it a little... Just to share thoughts on the most memorable and well-loved drama for me...

Indeed, I simply do not know where to begin… Beautiful Days is without question my all-time favourite show. To put it simply, I fell for this hook, line and sinker. I started watching this at a time where I was disappointed with Korean dramas for always having incredibly sad endings. Thank god for this… for it changed my mind entirely… after BD, I was hooked once again… and in the case of our dear Hunnie, I recognised him from Joint Security Area... but I truly fell in love with him here... :)

In Beautiful Days, Lee Byung Hun as Lee Minchul, fully demonstrates his charismatic screen magnetism and presence, creating one of the most unforgettable characters in Korean drama. As with all of BH’s roles, it is always impossible to separate the character from the actor as every emotional transition of the character is delivered with finesse and ease. As the emotionally-ridden Minchul, full of anger, resentment for his father, but yet the thick gold skein that is fraternal love shines through all the same. BH portrays the different emotional states of the character just by a simple facial expression or a mere gesture. It is a pleasure to watch him in this role. And I am so glad that this has also brought his acting career to greater heights, creating legions of fans that are mesmerized by Lee Byung Hun.

At first I felt that Minchul was an arrogant jerk (especially during the scene where he forced Yeon Soo to go along with his plan to bluff the fans) but at the same time I felt for him deeply. Considering his sad childhood with a father who seemed to have brought his mistress to take his own mother’s place in his family, I wasn’t surprised that he turned out the way he did… at first.

Lee Minchul is a man with such arrogance and confidence; he does not allow himself any mistakes. But emotionally, he is the most vulnerable man who does not dare or know how to let anyone enter his heart. To some, he is the ruthless “crown prince”, but in his world, only his sister matters, and no one else.

Lee Minchul is a go-getter, he strives hard to prove himself to his father, and to always be better than his “half-brother”. He grew up erecting a wall around him to protect himself but this wall starts to crumble when he meets Yeon Soo. She changes his life completely and melts the ice in his heart. Her gentleness is a balm to his injured soul and opens the door for him to love her back with unceasing passion. The intensity of his love created such unforeseen demand for Lee Minchul. Fans across the world succumbed to his magnetic gaze. However, I think that the appeal and draw of this character lays in the complex layers that make up the man. We experience his trials, inner struggles and torment for having to give up the woman he loves and to do the right thing. We then see how he tries to win her back after he found out about her illness while sparing her feelings when he realises that she needs him more than life itself. We witness his vulnerability and his determination, his desires and hatred. The Beautiful Days experience is something that I would recommend to everyone. Indeed, how can one miss this classic? :)

Wei Lin sis, you're such a good writer.

Thanks rubie for your warmth hospitality in this thread..

I would love to participate but unfortunately seems like the focus is on Min Chul and Yeon Soo. An apparent lacking is an analysis of the chararcter Son jae.

For me, I was attracted to the character development of Son Jae and i honestly felt Ryu Siwon managed to delivered a superb performance of his portrayal of the character.

I was rooting for him as I couldn't understand why Yeon Sae would choose Min Chul over him. ...Alas I finally realised that the line "Love is Blind" does rings some truth.

I am glad i watched BD as it led me to the discovery of Ryu Siwon and all the oher k-dramas that subsequently follows.

:lol:

welcome to the thread HappyGirl and now_won (you may be a minority here in the thread but please don't let our Yeon Soo-Min Chul shipping scare you off ;))

^

OFF TOPIC of LBH

Hi Felicia... I know... we all have quite a lot of catching up or rather building up to do but things have been slowing down as well, as not to rush and get caught up in the frenzy. The forest is fine... a little too quiet though... the Hunnie himself hasn't commited to anything yet... which we thought... would probably last till year end.... hopefully, and not longer.

From your description.. I would guess that you're talking about LBH DVD boxset entitled Brave & Human. It's a special release last year... the first ever from a K-celebrity in Japan, where it all started... just like the one JW had recently, her "Travel in Diary" PhotoBook & DVD... hope I got the name correct.

We used to have a detailed description of the DVD set at the previous LBH thread composed by LSlSW.. the Brave set is if I'm not mistaken.. (saw it a long time ago and now too much on my mind to remember the details :P) is about his thoughts and background... his childhood, interviews about how he got started into acting and various other personal stuff. The Human DVD is about his activities shot in Hawaii last year... and how he spent time in Japan, etc. It's kinda a candid coverage about LBH... when he's not doing movies, a glimpse into his everyday life. Btw, the DVDs are subtitled in clear & good English for the non-Japanese/Korean fans.

Everything is a part of the LBH PhotoBook DVD set... but we can get them separately. I bought my Brave & Human boxset in VCD version even. The complete set would be the Limited PhotoBook, Brave and Human DVDs... with Limited, Brave & Human representing his own name actually... LBH.

dvd_set.jpg

dvd3.jpgdvd1.jpgdvd2.jpg

th_dvd4.jpg th_dvd5.jpg < clickable thumbnails

Thank you so much, Rubie for your insight description of what to expect from LBH DVD Box set....ie Human and Brave set that's the name I had forgotten. Whoa! LBH was the first K-celebrity to release his personal DVD set in Japan!!......he was ahead of BYJ then. I'm gonna get a copy too...if it is still available....

~~Sorry, an off-topic issue~~

I am keen to own a copy CJW's Travel Diary Photobook & DVD (I'm not too sure of the correct name too!) but have you seen it on sale here?? I am not planning to buy it on-line or any where else from overseas because of my recent bad experience of purchasing a DVD box set (drama) from YesAsia...(don't get me wrong and I am not discrediting YesAsia for its' product). It's my ignorance of our local custom law that made me a lot poorer....I had to fork out quite a hefty sum (duties and postal clearances) to get the parcel release from all the respective departments. So I'm prepared to wait for our local distributor to release it...If you have seen it ....would appreciate if you can let me know... ;)

sbs.co.kr

photo_s30.jpg

There's always going to be hearts breaking watching BD... especially for brothers, Minchul and Seonjae. Not knowing the real truth, they live in awkwardness and much misery, missing what could have been a happy childhood and family life for all of them. 

Sung Chun (Minchul's father) sent his firstborn to study at Berkley, in order to lead Victory Records. He nurtured his second 'son' into going Medic school... for a reason, only beneficial to him. He gave the VR's reins to Minchul but he neglects his son's feelings for appreciation, understanding and especially love. 

He showers Seonjae with love and pride any father would but with a condition so strict, no music... not even a mention of it. 

Well, the third child... is practically non-existant... with a scar so deep... she could only rebel to soothe the pain. 

If Sung Chun had been truthful to everyone about Seonjae's status, that he's actually a stepson... I think the family would be better of accepting each other. Especially by Minchul and Minji towards their poor unknowing stepmother. Because when Minchul at the tender age of 11 (?) asked his father directly if Seonjae was his son, the answer had shattered everything he believed in. The lie by Sung Chun only made clear the speculation that Seonjae's mother had been having an affair with Minchul father while their mother was still alive, causing her with endless suffering and subsequent death. How could a child thought otherwise about such woman now taking the place of his mother?

If only the truth about Seonjae's birth had been made clear since the beginning, none of the animosity between the sibling would have escalated.

^

Sure Felicia, will keep an eye on it & let you know. Sorry to hear about your experience with our customs... someone else had the same inconvenience recently when she bought LBH's movie, Addicted. Quite a hassle... to have to go through a lot of procedures just to get it released unharmed. Anyway, I'm not urging you do the same but a friend bought me the LBH VCD set from www.wanita.net or shopping.wanita.net (a local online store)... which she had been a frequent customer for K-drama/movie stuff since she's too busy to go scouting for it on her own.

Thanks Rubie for sharing with me your knowledge....

I think it's alright to shop on-line since it's local. I've nothing personal against buying through net...it's just that I was not aware of all these procedures and when it arrived from Hong Kong ...I got a postal notification to inform me to elect a recognized courier servicing company (and who else can claim to be an expert....POS M'sia was the one who sent me the notice) to deal with the custom dept. and also the censorship board...It's too hectic and time consuming...it took almost 2 weeks to get all these cleared. In the end the DVD set and the custom duties cost me a total RM570 ...**phew** it burnt a hole in my pocket.

Anyway, thanks for providing me an alternative link to purchase future product..... :D

When dealing with Minji's tantrums, Minchul is really patient but firm. He knows just how much his sister needs him, as he needs her. And little sister would do anything for her Oppa.

0000000893487.jpg

0000000894609.jpg

Captures: byunghunzzang.com

Thanks Rubie for sharing with me your knowledge....

I think it's alright to shop on-line since it's local. I've nothing personal against buying through net...it's just that I was not aware of all these procedures and when it arrived from Hong Kong ...I got a postal notification to inform me to elect a recognized courier servicing company (and who else can claim to be an expert....POS M'sia was the one who sent me the notice) to deal with the custom dept. and also the censorship board...It's too hectic and time consuming...it took almost 2 weeks to get all these cleared. In the end the DVD set and the custom duties cost me a total RM570 ...**phew** it burnt a hole in my pocket.

Anyway, thanks for providing me an alternative link to purchase future product..... :D

Hi Felicia

I am shocked to hear that you have gone through so much hassle and paid so much for your DVD release from custom. I too bought a dvd set from the same source and also sent from HK last year but I didn't experience what you had gone through. The parcel reached my doorstep safely.

Now that you have shared your experience here we have to be real careful when shopping online. Thanks for sharing the info. And thanks to rubie too for providing another shopping online info. Much appreciate it.

Guest thunderbolt

Hi BD lovers, take a look at my new siggie. :P Thanks, chula!

Got to run now. Min-chul is calling me!! He just found out about Yon-soo's illness. :(

Hi BD lovers, take a look at my new siggie. :P Thanks, chula!

Got to run now. Min-chul is calling me!! He just found out about Yon-soo's illness. :(

nyahahahha! you're welcome thunderbolt ;)

heck yeahh. this was the BEST FRICKEN DRAMA EVERRRRR :)

welcome to the thread xx_swit_c_xx! another Beautiful Days lover, woo hoo!

loved this drama...one of my favs.

by the way, has anyone here bought this english subtitled version of the drama?? just wanna make sure the english subtitling is accurate w/ no grammatical errors.

bdinside.jpg

hello angelxsmile! i think that's KBFD's Beautiful Days DVD right? the packaging's really nice :D ... i want!

hmmm, maybe this DVD review by Sayonara could help you out:

Ok I finally got to take a look at the new "Beautiful Days" dvd box set that KBFD is selling. I had a friend who dropped off her copy to me to check it out.

This has to be the biggest Korean drama dvd box set I have seen or at least in my collection. This sucker must weigh about 3 lbs. Even though it only has 8 dvds, the packaging is pretty darn big. Like two box sets stuck together. The 2 halves (Part 1 and Part 2) are held together with magnets. When you open the 2 halves in the middle they have like a spline. It says "Beautiful Days Love Story" at the top at the bottom it has 3 couples and a description of their love. All this is in english

1. White - Sunjae and Yeonsu

2. Red - Saena and Sunjae

3. Blue - Mincheol & Yeonsu

So it opens up sort of like a book. The left side says "The Memory of Beautiful Days" I and the right side says "The Memory of Beautiful Days" II. You flip open the right cover and at the top inside the cover it says "Love Always Carries Pain" on the bottom is the synopsis "No Love Without Hurt" and then the follows the paragraph size synopsis. Once again all in english.

Open the Left side cover and at the top it also says "Love Always Carries Pain". At the bottom it says "Producing Director .... Memories of Us" A paragraph I'm guessing what the Producer wrote. Also in English.

After you open each cover you exposed to sort of a hollow out book. This is where each 4 dvd slip case sits in. Part one has a picture of Lee Byun Hyun and Part II has a picture of Choi Ji Woo. Under each picture is nice printing that says "The Memory of Beautiful Days". To get to get each 4 dvd slipcase out you pull on the ribbon that under each slip case. Each 4 dvd slip case opens in half and then again one more time where you see the 4 dvds. Each 4 dvd slip case is also held together with magnets. Of course you do not see those magnets. The front cover and back of the whole box set is also very well done.

The was produced by SBS/JimJongHak Production, INC. Dvd Production by E-Motion, INC. If this was done specifically for KBFD they did a great job on this.

Now I know your waiting to hear how the subs and picture quality is. The subs are exactly the same as KBFD's ones. Word for word most of the time. If there is a difference it would be the size of the fonts. Not as thick as KBFD's were but still easy to read. They also sometimes break up the subs and put them on different pages. I guess a better work would be video/scene. So they will break up a 2 line translation and sometimes when KBFD split the translation up on to scenes they would keep on one scene. But very easy to follow. They also use a the "-" before a line when one person is talking. The reason why I did not say these were not exactly word for word. I played back my dvd-r's in episode 4. I think that was episode. There was a scene when Sena was in the PC room and she got a email from Zero. She jumped up for joy and then hugs a guy sitting next to her. She does not know this person. Then we see her standing and there is a picture of a woman on the poster. There is a flyer on the poster which is in the wall and there is korean writing on it. On the dvd set it is not translated. But in the dvd-r's I have (kbfd broadcast version) it says "Female, 15 years + Wanted, Room/Board: $100 a month". Strange that translation was left out.

The picture quality is as very good as usual since this is on a dual layer dvd. I notice that some dark scenes are just a tad bit grainy but that could be my tv. But also remember some of these have well over 3 hours of video on it. Some as much as 3 hours and 15-20 minutes. There are 8 dvd with 3 episodes on each dvd. No Special features as SKS mention but I can live with that.

Also at the end of each episode there is preview credits for the next episode. And guess what they are subtitled, Now I was told that dvd 3 had a defect in it. I played the dvd and went through each chapter of each episode on the dvd and everything played perfect. I did notice that the end preview credits of episode 8 were missing. So this may be the defect that KBFD is talking about. I have been told that KBFD will replace this dvd when they get the replacement dvd. For those who brought the "Beautiful Days" dvd box set maybe you should check your dvd #3 and see how it plays. Menus on the dvd are very nice and in english.

When KBFD first broadcast this drama back in 2001. I recorded it to dvd-r. But I put it on a Vivastar brand dvd-r and they all went bad. I could not play none of the dvd-r's on my dvd player or on my computer dvd drive or could not rip the dvd-r's. When KBFD re-ran this drama during Encore Theater. I was in-between dvd recorders. I did record this to VHS tape in SP mode and then when I brought a new dvd recorder I burnt this to dvd-r. I put 2 episodes on each dvd-r. But they did not look as good as the original broadcast I recorded directly from tv to the hard drive and back to dvd-r. Plus remember each Friday episode KBFD edited out 7-10 minutes from each episode. So in this dvd box set your getting the whole episode and also the preview credits at the end of each episode and they are subtitled.

If your a fan of this drama and who isn't. This is a must buy. Yes I am going to break down and buy it. Even at the asking price KBFD wants for it. Of course they are the only place you can purchase it from for now.

for more discussion about the BD DVDs: http://808dramafans.proboards21.com/index....read=1125443022

hope that helps :)

Guest thunderbolt

loved this drama...one of my favs.

by the way, has anyone here bought this english subtitled version of the drama?? just wanna make sure the english subtitling is accurate w/ no grammatical errors.

Yesasia will release this version of BD on October 31, 2005:

http://global.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.aspx/...-videos/code-k/

I used to hound them periodically (for 3 years) about releasing BD with English subs. Finally it's available! This looks like the SBS/E-Motion version which means the subs will be good (according to Sayonara's review).

The English-subbed version I have is this:

http://www.asiandb.com/store/detail.pfm?num=4287

and the subs are bad. The pronouns are mixed up so often you're going "huh?" and :blink: "My dad" becomes "your dad"; there are so many mistakes with spelling, grammar, sentence structure, etc. But strangely the horrible subs didn't irritate me because I was just so happy to have subs! I waited sooooo long to have a set with Korean audio and English subs.

Thanks for posting Sayonora's review, dear chula. You have helped me to make up my mind. I'm getting the BD set from Yesasia when it's released. I was hesitating because I read a comment about the very, very bad subs for Happy Together. This is also by SBS which did the subs for All In and they weren't very good. KBS does much better English subs than SBS.

*sigh* Looks like I'm going to be a crazy BD collector!

^chula, thanks for all the info. that helped a lot!!

and thunderbolt: so, the Happy Together one has bad subtitling?? I wanted to get that drama too. Oh, and Annyoung.com already has up for purchase, the same BD set that YesAsia is selling on their site. And, the, 'All In' drama...i think it depends which set it is. the version i bought had great subtitles...i think, only in one scene there were some grammatical errors.

*oh, there are a lot of drama sets these days that are being released by Hong Kong distributors and the english subtitles are very bad. so, watch out for those...not worth getting.

Hi Felicia

I am shocked to hear that you have gone through so much hassle and paid so much for your DVD release from custom. I too bought a dvd set from the same source and also sent from HK last year but I didn't experience what you had gone through. The parcel reached my doorstep safely.

Now that you have shared your experience here we have to be real careful when shopping online. Thanks for sharing the info. And thanks to rubie too for providing another shopping online info. Much appreciate it.

Hi HYC....

After going thru this, I took some time to study what went wrong....My discovery led me to conclude that it could be my fault ...as I paid for the DVD set minus the shipping or additional cost which includes sending it to my door step. Strangely when I received the package YA indicated the parcel was valued at a meagre US7 dollars which is impossible as I paid for US95.00. I can only conclude that perhaps YA was trying to help me escape from paying more custom duties. When the postal dept asked me how much it cost? I told them the actual amount but was told by them how come the parcel indicated US7. I was puzzled at that time....praying hard they send the correct parcel for me. Anyway, I had to send proof of purchase to confirm the value I paid... the additional hefty cost I paid was charges from the Custom Dept and Postal Dept. BTW, I end having to collect the parcel personally from the nearest post office.

I hope my experience shared here would help others to think twice or be careful when purchasing on-line particularly from an overseas source...

Guest thunderbolt

and thunderbolt: so, the Happy Together one has bad subtitling?? I wanted to get that drama too. Oh, and Annyoung.com already has up for purchase, the same BD set that YesAsia is selling on their site. And, the, 'All In' drama...i think it depends which set it is. the version i bought had great subtitles...i think, only in one scene there were some grammatical errors.

*oh, there are a lot of drama sets these days that are being released by Hong Kong distributors and the english subtitles are very bad. so, watch out for those...not worth getting.

Hi angelxsmile

Check out the first review in the following link for comments about the bad subs in the Happy Together set:

http://global.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.aspx/...section-videos/

I'm very disappointed because I really want to watch this drama with English subs. But I don't want to waste my money if the subs are terrible.

My All In set was from SBS. The subs aren't the best, just passable, but I understand what's going on so it didn't bother me. It was worth the money because it came with many extra features (NGs, etc.).

When I was chasing Yesasia for English-subbed BD, they kept saying it was "coming" but many months passed and there was nothing. Then last month my friend in Canada found the HK DVD version of BD with English subs and sent it to me. I was ecstatic. The picture quality is very good but the subs are bad. But at least they are not the "machine-translated" subs that are completely nonsensical. I know the gist of what is said. Anyway, I'm so fixated on LBH (his face, voice...) that I don't really care about the quality of the subs. I didn't know KBFD had released BD with English subs. I thought BD with English subs couldn't be found on this planet! KBFD's subs are excellent but their TV versions have many cuts, sometimes up to 10 minutes per episode. Not sure if they restored the cuts in their DVD releases.

Found some caps of BD. Sorry if they have already been posted.

BD1.jpg

BD6.jpg

(credit: hancinema; uploaded by thunderbolt)

^

Hi HappyGirl, xx_swit_c_xx & angelxsmile!! Welcome to Beautiful Days! Do share more of your comments and opinion about the series with us, would love to hear everything! ^_^

Thanks to Thunderbolt and angelxsmile for the DVD info, the pros and cons... it'll definitely helps enlighten the fans getting their set. I heard Happy Together being mentioned! I LOVE that series... would love to start discussing the drama if anyone's interested! :lol:

Felicia, really grateful to you for sharing your experience with us. It's unfortunate that it had to happen but it's also a valuable lesson that will help others, too. *hugs*

Hyc, Thunder... everyone... please keep those MVs, captures and great discussion coming! It's such a pleasure coming to this thread with so much love for Beautiful Days! :wub:

chula-babe... isn't this just awesome... so much better than before! :lol:

Guest dramalover

K-QUESTION

Did you like Lee Byung Hun's character in ... "Beautiful Days" and "All In?" (answer yes or no for each)

To answer, go to www.honoluluadvertiser.com and click on the link to Island Life. Polling ends at 11 a.m. Friday. See results next Sunday.

Last Week's Poll

Last week we asked our readers what their ethnic background is.

Of the 351 who voted, 138 said Japanese, 25 said Caucasian, 36 said Hawaiian, 47 said Filipino, 36 said Chinese, 42 said Korean and 27 said other.

Just want to share this piece of news here ...

Guest Mrs. Lee

Yesasia will release this version of BD on October 31, 2005:

http://global.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.aspx/...-videos/code-k/

I used to hound them periodically (for 3 years) about releasing BD with English subs. Finally it's available! This looks like the SBS/E-Motion version which means the subs will be good (according to Sayonara's review).

The English-subbed version I have is this:

http://www.asiandb.com/store/detail.pfm?num=4287

and the subs are bad. The pronouns are mixed up so often you're going "huh?" and :blink: "My dad" becomes "your dad"; there are so many mistakes with spelling, grammar, sentence structure, etc. But strangely the horrible subs didn't irritate me because I was just so happy to have subs! I waited sooooo long to have a set with Korean audio and English subs.

Thanks for posting Sayonora's review, dear chula. You have helped me to make up my mind. I'm getting the BD set from Yesasia when it's released. I was hesitating because I read a comment about the very, very bad subs for Happy Together. This is also by SBS which did the subs for All In and they weren't very good. KBS does much better English subs than SBS.

*sigh* Looks like I'm going to be a crazy BD collector!

Thanks for the news thunderbolt! wowowee! finally the long wait is over!!!! *gigijumpingfromjoy* I am definitely buying a copy from YesAsia! I just hope the price is not that too expensive!!!....I promised myself that this is the only original drama I will buy for my collection! It will be most treasured!...and I hope the eng subs will not suck this time! :)

Archived