[Drama 2001] Beautiful Days 아름다운 날들

rubie

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the middle of watching BD episode 21...

Sun Jae is begging Yun Soo to get treatment...

Even promising to love Sae Nah...

*Wiping away the tears*

Ok, most of BD fans are rooting for Min Chul and Yun Soo, I know...

But, as I mentioned before, I always seem to end up rooting for the underdog... ^^

All finished!!!

Thank God for the ending!

I knew that Yun Soo ends up with Min Chul but didn't know about the cliffhanger at the END...

Now moving onto another drama...

Cliffhanger? You meant the operation scene? Which they had 2 separate ones... but went ahead with a happy one?

Rxgoodleaf... glad that you've watched BD despite the storyline and rooting for the underdog... either way, it's still an entertaining series, right... from all the cast. I think a good series always has that... a pulling factor (which differs between individuals) that'll make the viewers stick to watching till the end. Agree that even if it's not BD... we'd sometimes root for the other person.

It's been great reading your thoughts at the thread... appreciate the sharing a lot. :)

Guest now_won

In the middle of watching BD episode 21...

Sun Jae is begging Yun Soo to get treatment...

Even promising to love Sae Nah...

*Wiping away the tears*

Ok, most of BD fans are rooting for Min Chul and Yun Soo, I know...

But, as I mentioned before, I always seem to end up rooting for the underdog... ^^

You are not alone, rxgoodleaf.. I for one, was rooting for sun jae from beginning till end.

I was so unhappy to find out that the original ending in which Sun Jae was supposed to end up with Yun Soo was altered by the PD due to demand from netizens...makes me lose respect for him B)

Episode 10

Min-chul gathers information on Kyong-hee and is surprised to read about her checkered past and Yong-jun's death.Na-rae is excited that her dreams of becoming an artiste manage is fulfilled. She shares the good news Yeon-soo and disclose she might have a chance to be Sae-na's manager in future. Min-chul announces to Sae-na and Kum-suk the results of their popularity poll, Kum-Suk will be the one to release a recording. Kum-suk is overjoyed but Sae-na is furious with Min-chul's decision and kicks up a fuss.

Kum-suk is introduced to Na-rae, who will be her manager in future. Na-rae and Yeon-soo are startled by the turn of events.San-jae spots Sae-na alone and weeping. He learns of her plight and consoles her. He sends a drunk Sae-na home and meets Yeon-soo. Sae-na vents her frustration on Yeon-soo, hurting her.

Yeon-soo meets San-jae on her way to meet Min-chul, she pleads with San-jae to take care of Sae-na. While they are talking, Min-chul catches sight of them outside the restaurant and invites San-jae for a meal. During the meal, Min-chul hints to San-jae that he should pack up his feelings for Yeon-soo. Not long after, he receives a call and has to leave. He tells Yeon-soo and San-jae to finish their meal. The waitress takes a snapshot of Yeon-soo and San-jae, as none of them wants the picture, it is left on the restaurant's board.

Min-chul demands an explanation from Sung-chun about Kyong-hee, he brushes away the matter and tells Min-chul not to bring up the matter ever again. Puzzled by his father's reactions, Min-Chul directs his questions to Myong-ja, he assumes both Sung-chun and Myong-ja had betrayed their spouses even before their death.

Kyong-hee continues to look for San-jae and reveals that she is aware of his identity as Zero, San-jae denies. Min-chul sees Kyong-hee giving San-jae a ride home, he warns San-jae about being too friendly with their competitor.

Min-ji discovers the portrait that Yeon-soo has drawn for Min-chul. In a fit of anger, she confronts Yeon-soo and accuses her of baiting Min-chul, she tears up the portrait. Min-chul returns and sees a teary Yeon-soo clutching the torn portrait, he holds her in silence.

In order to hinder Kyong-hee's search for Zero, Min-chul proclaims that Jung-hun is actually Zero. Sung-chun finds out about San-jae's identity as Zero and flares up in anger. Although Myong-ja understands San-jae's, she is helpless about the situation.

Source: http://beaudays.tripod.com

You are not alone, rxgoodleaf.. I for one, was rooting for sun jae from beginning till end.

I was so unhappy to find out that the original ending in which Sun Jae was supposed to end up with Yun Soo was altered by the PD due to demand from netizens...makes me lose respect for him B)

This is certainly not a good enough point to begin with... but perhaps the producers, writer & PD of the series had never anticipated nor expected that the first-time collaboration between CJW and LBH would be an overwhelming hit with the netizens, considering the successful pair-up of CJW & RSW in the previous year through their drama, Truth... that they probably banking to repeat the chemistry. Kudos to CJW... especially, her performance as Yeon-soo really touched the hearts of the viewers that she lived on instead of what's supposedly fated for her in the melodrama.

The turnaround of the script was not something completely welcomed even by the actors themselves... RSW and LBH respectively frowned at this but still they maintained their professionalism and continue on, making it as natural as any drama could be. Don't think anything similar (the script alternation) have been repeated since in any other Kdramas.... no matter how 'bad' their ending would be.

Whatever Beautiful Days left us with... either beautiful memories or endless regret... the actors themselves have been very dynamic in their portrayal that they made their characters so unforgettable to the fans due to obvious reasons.

Episode 8 (08/8/06)

Minji and Yonsoo were having dinner with Minchul. Minji related to Minchul about her day at the mall. She gave Minchul a present. He opened it up and it was an boxer short with red print. She told him she earned some money with her drawing, and that someone [who is Yonsoo] told her to buy a red underwear for the one they loved. It's a tradition with the first money earned. She told him to treasure it. Minchul is elated to see his sister so happy. As they were leaving the restaurant, Minji ran into her friend. Minchul let her go out with her friend. He took Yonsoo to a bar. 

0000000896718.jpg

Minchul: I haven't seen her this happy for a longtime. Thank you.
Yonsoo: I know she'll be happy. It gives artists joy when people like their work.
Minchul took out a cheque, put it on the table and just stared at Yonsoo.
Yonsoo: You must be rich. You'll give me money each time Minji smiles?
Minchul smiled and said: I do have money but I don't waste it. Draw my portrait for me. You do portraits, don't you?
Yonsoo pushed the money back toward Minchul. 
Minchul: Why? You don't want to?
Yonsoo: You can pay me after you see my work. You might not like what you see.
{This is one of my favorite scenes, very romantic](^_^)

Yonsoo took out her pencil and started to do the portrait. She looked at him to draw and he looked at her so that she could get his feature down on paper. Their eyes did all the talking at that moment on. So beautifully filmed. 

0000000896719.jpg

Credit to Misha for the transcript, captures from byunghunzzang.com

Episode 11

Myong-ja brings San-jae to the cemetry and reveals the truth about his father, San-jae is shocked to learn Sung-chun is not his father. San-jae finally understand the reason behind his mother's marriage to Sung-chun.Min-chul hands a contract over to Yeon-soo over dinner, he intends to sign on Sae-na as a singer. Min-Chul explains that this is not the usual procedure to promise a contract to a singer before an album is released. Yeon-soo understand that Min-chul is doing it for her but he refuses to admit his concern for her. After their dinner, Min-chul notices the picture of Yeon-soo and San-jae at the restaurant's notice board. He is clearly upset but keeps his frustrations to himself.

Na-rae hands the contract over to Sae-na on behalf of Yeon-soo and hints that Yeon-soo had probably went through lots of trouble to secure the contract. Sae-Na is not excited, she is contemplating attending an audition at Muse Records. Min-ji arrives at Victory Records looking for Min-chul, she spots Yeon-soo and passes some sarcastic remarks, she is still unable to forgive Yeon-soo. Yeon-Soo's supervisor takes the opportunity to bully Yeon-soo. Min-chul witnesses the scene, although it pains him to see Yeon-soo suffering in silence, he maintains his composure. Yeon-soo is hurt by his indifference and confides her insecurities about their relationship to Na-rae.

Min-chul tells Min-ji to be present for a dinner date as he wants to introduce someone of significance to her, he refuses to disclose the identity of that person despite Min-ji's pestering. He understands that Min-ji will only treat Yeon-soo with respect if he confirms their relationship.

San-jae appears at Kyong-hee's office to ascertain his relationship with Yong-jun. Kyong-hee confirms his doubts and shows him the albums produced by Yong-jun. Min-chul arrives to meet Kyong-hee and is disturbed by San-jae's presence. He informs San-jae to meet him at the company.San-jae arrives to meet Min-chul, he sees Yeon-soo but is not prepared to divulge his troubles to her as yet. Min-chul flares at San-jae and accuses him of plotting against their business, he refuses to accept San-jae's reason for being at Muse Records. Before San-jae leaves, he warns San-jae not to meet Yeon-soo in future.

Yeon-soo expresses her concern about San-jae, which displeases Min-chul. He shows her the picture that they had taken at the restaurant and blames Yeon-soo for not keeping a distance with San-jae. Yeon-soo is upset about his remarks and rejects his invitation to dinner. In spite of his frustration, Min-chul explains he is meeting Min-ji and he intends to introduce Yeon-soo as his girlfriend. Yeon-soo is surprised by his words and agrees to attend the dinner.Yeon-soo meets San-jae outside his home, San-jae tells her he is going on a trip. Noticing San-jae's troubled looks, Yeon-soo is concerned about his well-being and follows him to the station .

Min-chul and Min-ji are waiting at the restaurant, Min-ji is curious about the identity of their guest but Min-chul tells her to be patient. Unknown to them, Yeon-soo is accompanying San-jae upon his request, she calls Min-chul to tell him she will not be attending the dinner. Min-chul is upset and tells Min-ji to return home. San-jae reveals to Yeon-soo that he is not Min-chul's blood brother, however, he has decided to forget about the past and continues with his present life.

Knowing San-jae's reluctance to return home, she sends him to the company. As San-jae is drunk, Yeon-soo remains to take care of him. Min-chul returns home to find that Yeon-soo has not return, he returns to the company. He spots Yeon-soo and San-jae together and is unable to restraint his anger. He vents his anger at Yeon-soo and gets into a fight with San-jae. Yeon-soo stops the fight and tells Min-chul to leave, Min-chul is unable to accept Yeon-soo's attitude towards him.

0000000896720.jpg

Spoiler

0000000896721.jpg

At home, Sunjae took out the drawing and remembered the old time at the orphanage. 

At the bar, as Yonsoo bend down to finish the portrait, Minchul just wanted to be near her so he leaned closer to her face and just get his fill of her. Yonsoo looked up, so he asked her if she is done. She let him see the portrait. Minchul put the money back in his pocket. Yonsoo thought he did not like the portrait. 

Minchul: I don't want to buy it. I want it to be a present. Will you give it to me as a present?
After this, there is only silent and eyes to eyes looked at each other. ( I guess there is no need for more words after a line like that)

0000000896722.jpg

Episode 12

title16.jpg

San-jae senses Yeon-soo's despair and encourages her to chase after Min-chul but Min-chul is nowhere in sight, Yeon-soo begins to feel a twinge of regret for telling Min-chul to leave. San-jae sends her home and tells her to make up with Min-chul. Yeon-soo approaches Min-chul's room, intending to explain to him but Min-chul retains his silence and gently pushes her out of the room. Yeon-soo sees Min-chul at work and is further hurt by his indifference.Although Sae-na is now a contractual singer with Victory Records, she is impatient about waiting to release her album. She attends an audition organised by Muse Records, her vibrance leaves a positive impression with Kyong-hee. Sae-na returns to Victory Records and questions Min-hul about her album release date. Min-chul gives her an outright rejection and tells her to stop using Yeon- soo as a reason for helping her. Sae-na is offended by his words and storms out of his office.

Myong-ja asks a favour of Yeon-soo to deliver some clean clothes to Min-chul at the office as he has not return home. Yeon-soo obliges, happy to have a chance to see him. Yeon-soo tries to explain the mis-understanding but Min-chul tells her to leave his room. Yeon-soo is deeply hurt and weeps outside his door, Min-chul is equally troubled.Sae-na's earlier audition at Muse Records has given her an opportunity to be groomed by Muse Records. Min-chul is unhappy about the news and asks to see Yeon-soo. He tells Yeon-soo to convey a message to Sae-na about her breach of contract with Victory Records and he will terminate her contract if Sae-na does not give him a favourable reply. Yeon-soo is disturbed by his aloofness towards their relationship.

Kyong-hee meets San-jae but is disappointed to know that San-jae prefers to forget the past, before he leaves, she gives him the albums produced by Yong-Jun. San-jae returns home and sees his mother in the garden, he assures her that he will continue with his present life. Back in his room, San- jae listens to his father's works, troubled by the tumultuous emotions.

Yeon-soo waits for Min-chul and finally finds an opportunity to talk to him but faces his anger and insensitivity. A dejected Yeon-soo calls Na-rae and confides in her. It pains Na-rae to see Yeon-soo hurting and she can only direct her anger towards Min-chul.

The next day, Yeon-soo tells Na-rae of her decision to move out of Min-chul's home and her intention to resign from Victory Records, she decides it is the best solution for Min-chul and herself. With her decision to leave, Yeon-soo's other concern is Min-ji, she feels uneasy about leaving her side just as she is getting a grip in life. Yeon-soo accompanies her to buy the necessary books for her future studies, Min-ji is puzzled about the rush. At the cafe, Yeon-soo breaks down, alarming Min-ji.San-jae spots Yeon-Soo at the balcony and enquires about her relationship with Min-chul, she tells him about her decision to move out, he is shocked. San-jae looks for Min-chul and alerts him about Yeon-soo's decision, Min-chul replies with indifference, in actual fact he is much disturbed by the news.

Yeon-soo meets Min-chul the next day and informs him of her plans. Min-chul accepts her decision with cool composure. Before leaving, Yeon-soo hopes that Min-chul will not bar his emotions once again because of her, she hopes he will live happily.San-jae helps Yeon-soo with her luggage and tells her he has plan a farewell party for her. He brings her to the park with the cheery-blossoms in full bloom. He secretly calls Min-chul to meet Yeon-soo at the park, if Min-chul fails to turn up for the meeting, he will assume he no longer has feelings for Yeon-soo and San-jae will not hesistate to woo her.

Although Min-chul intends to ignore San-jae's call, he is clearly disturbed, unable to contain his sentiments for Yeon-soo, he rushes to the park and searches for Yeon-soo. They finally meet and embrace each other. San-jae sees them from afar with mixed emotions.

San-jae receives a call from Kyong-hee, San-jae informs her that he has no intention to make the changes in his life. Undaunted, Kyong-hee made a request to meet him for the last time. At the meeting, Kyong-hee reveals that the success of Victory Records had rode on the death of Yong-jun. San-jae is shocked by the news and seeks Myong-ja's confirmation but Myong-ja attempts to lighten the matter further affirms his doubts. San-jae, unable to accept the darker side of the truth, rushes out. Sung-chun returns home and realise the seriousness of the matter and he blames Myong- ja for not denying the truth.

Source: http://beaudays.tripod.com & PlanetBH0712

Guest ellabel

Good news everyone! KDA from d-addicts is releasing eng subbed BD sometime in January 2006. I know its a long way off, but I've been waiting for this since 2002, when I first got my hands on the crappy chinese dubbed copy of BD, so what is 2 more months? I've looked high and low for a good quality eng subbed BD but all I managed to find was jem's copy, which was good, but unfortunately, because it was captured from a Singapore TV broadcast, many scenes were deleted. The other one was japaneseguy's clubbox, but they were asf format and no subs. When I first read here that YesAsia is releasing the eng-subbed DVD of BD, I almost cried, but when I saw the price of it, I really did. :P Really cannot afford it. So, knowing that KDA will be releasing it, is like a godsend. With that release, hopefully more people will be able to see the full version of BD and will no doubt love it like us all.

Thanks for the info kdaddict2002...

My first copy of BD that I bought was obviously fan made and in :ph34r: vcd form. The english subs were great but there were many missing scenes. I recently bought a dvd copy which i think came from China and as expected the subs sucks! I hope this new release will have better english subs.

Beautiful Days” has been my all-time favorite drama and I would like to share my views on this beautiful drama.

Beautiful Days

To me, a beautiful day is defined as a day shared between two individuals who are truly and deeply in love with each other. Regardless of any problem or obstacle they may encounter, each day is a beautiful day, as long as they have each other.

“Beautiful Days” depicted the compelling love story between two beautiful people from very different backgrounds, who were brought together by the hand of fate. A beautiful, touching love story that had endured the passage of time and surpassed every hurdle in the way.

I love reading your thoughts on beautiful days, Zhen Yin

The scenes you like are also my faves plus i can never forget the ff:

***Min chul crying in his car driving after their break-up. He was hurting so much that i want to cuddle him.

***The face-to-face during their honeymoon to tell each other's expectations as husband and wife.

***Their first movie date where MC pretends to be enjoying the movie but was actually crying.

***The first night which is both funny and poignant and full of love.

Actually, my list is endless if we will include the short simple yet touching and sweet scenes like the heart-shaped coffee, the talk in the balcony where MC put his hand around YS and MC's visit to YS's place of work before the engagement where he asked her what name of endearment should she call him.

Haayyy!!! I can go on and on talking about BD so i would stop here. ;):D

Episode 13

Kyong-hee is heart-broken seeing San-jae drowning his sorrows. San-jae refuses to go home and puts up at Jung-hun's home. Kyong-hee visits San-jae and offers him a position at Muse Records. Sae-na is puzzled by Kyong-hee's presence ; she introduces herself and hints that she is close to San-jae.

San-jae has not return home for days and Yeon-soo is concerned. Min-chul sees her waiting at the gate and reassures her. She tells him that she hopes that he and San-jae are able to resolve their differences.

Myong-ja tells Min-chul that San-jae will not be returning home in future, she breaks down and reveals San-jae's birthright. Min-chul is angered about living under his father's callous lies over the years.

Sae-na has won the talent contest organised by Muse Records. Yeon-soo apologises to Min-chul about Sae-na and for keeping's San-jae's birthright a secret. Min-chul is eager to meet San-jae and tells Yeon-soo to inform him if she meets San-jae.

Sae-na invites San-jae to her celebration party, Yeon-soo informs Min-chul to meet San-jae. San-jae hopes Min-chul will take care of Myong-ja on his behalf while Min-chul expresses his regrets about mis-treating him.Sung-chun is worried that Kyong-hee will soon learn the truth behind Yong-joon's death, however Bong-tal reassures him and believes San-jae will relent for Myong-ja's sake. Kyong-hee convinces San-jae to help her at her company, she tells him that Sae-na can release her album if San-jae is involved in the music production.

Sae-na tells Kyong-hee that she wishes to work with Jung-hun as she thinks that he is Zero but Kyong-hee reveals the truth to her. Sae-na is deeply hurt that San-jae had kept his identity a secret and confronts him, resulting in a quarrel. San-jae calls Yeon-soo and learns that her happiness is greatly affected by Sae-na's success.

Guest Purple Daze

Beautiful Days” has been my all-time favorite drama and I would like to share my views on this beautiful drama.

Hi Zhen Yin! I just wanted to say that I thoroughly enjoyed reading your review on Beautiful Days so much so that I decided to watch it again with english subs this time. :D

It was great hearing all of their real voices. It made me appreciate even more the acting abilities of all of the actors involved in this great series. It's such a classic, can never get tired of it! LBH, CJW, and RSW, they just blow me away although I must say that I'm partial to LBH and his sophisticated persona on and off screen!

I love reading your thoughts on beautiful days, Zhen Yin

The scenes you like are also my faves plus i can never forget the ff:

Haayyy!!! I can go on and on talking about BD so i would stop here. ;):D

Hi Ellabel, I fully agree with you. There are countless memorable scenes in Beautiful Days. The list goes on and on. I can go on raving about BD too. It is one of the best dramas I have ever watched. Both the cast and acting are great.

I can never forget those mesmerizing kissing scenes between Min Chul and Yeon Soo. The intensity of their kisses melts my senses.

I must say that LBH is truly skillful in the art of kissing.

Hi Zhen Yin! I just wanted to say that I thoroughly enjoyed reading your review on Beautiful Days so much so that I decided to watch it again with english subs this time. :D

Hi Purple Daze, Thank you for the nice compliment!

I am like you too. As I am writing the review, I have the strong urge to re-watch BD too. My BD set is the Chinese version. I would love to get hold of the version with English Subs too. It would be wonderful to hear their real voices. I got the Chinese version, as it was the only version available then. I believe I will appreciate the drama much more than I do now, if I can hear their real voices. It will bring a whole new dimension to the experience of watching the drama.

It was great hearing all of their real voices. It's such a classic, can never get tired of it! LBH, CJW, and RSW, they just blow me away although I must say that I'm partial to LBH and his sophisticated persona on and off screen!

Same here. I can never get enough of BD. It is truly in a class of its own. An all-time classic. For me, LBH’s exceptional performance has made BD an unforgettable drama. Every one of his gesture and expression has left its strong imprint on me. To me, he is the reason why I fell in love with BD.

Episode 14

After much consideration, San-jae finally decides to join Muse Records. He meets Min-chul and Sung-chun at an event. Min-chul is disappointed with his decision, he invites San-jae to join him at Victory Records but he turns him down. Min-chul warns him that Kyong-hee has an ulterior motive for using San-jae.

Yeon-soo brings Min-chul to the florist and tells him to buy a bouquet for Myong-ja as it is her birthday. Min-chul feels that it is too late to make amends but Yeon-soo insists. Unknown to him, Yeon-soo has arranged for San-jae to spend the day with Myong-ja at home. Min-chul visits Min-ji at school and is delighted with her progress, he spends the day with her and Yeon-soo.

Yeon-soo gives Myong-ja the flowers and she is surprised by Min-chul's thoughtfulness she is touched by his actions. Yeon-soo is optimistic about their relationship.

Yeon-Soo attends Sae-na's recording session and has a talk with San-jae. He tells her he has given up his studies and assures her he will look out for Sae-na. Yeon-soo tells Min-chul about her visit to San-jae's studio, she is unaware of the growing rivalry between the brothers.

Sae-na is enthusiastic about her album, she hints to San-jae about her feelings for him. Muse Records has organised a media conference to launch Sae-na's career. Min-chul is among the invited guests. Sae-na gives an impressive performance and wins the appraisal of the media, Yeon-soo is excited to witness her achievements.

Kyong-hee deliberately announces to the media that San-jae is the talented Zero. The media is confused as Victory Records has earlied revealed that Jung-hun is Zero, this created a stir among the crowd. Kyong-hee intends to put Min-chul in a spot and informs the media of Min-chul's presence. Min-chul is embarrassed , he is further disturbed when San-jae admits to the media about his hidden persona.

Guest jasminec

AHHHH

I watched this drama in 4 days....

was so obsessed

LOVE THE CHEMISTRY

AHHHH!!!!!

sigh

my favorite drama....

choi ji woo looks good with bangs

my favortie scenes are when min-chul cries and when he seet

ahaha

im so obsessed

and when he took the cd's from her saying he wanted to listen to them, so that she didnt have to carry them....subtle things like that

AAHHHH!!! SO SWEET!!!

ANSD WHEN SHES DRAWING HIM!!

and when the sister rips the picture up and shes crying and min-chul comes and comforts her.....

ahaha

ok ill stop now

Guest jasminec

min-chul gave cjw to the younger brother b/c of the father right?

i just it was kinda odd...that he should feel so obliged....

and later...

still loves her

is zero a real person?

Archived