[Drama 2001] Beautiful Days 아름다운 날들

rubie

From Episode 8

As Yeon-soo walked by Min-chul's office, she could not help herself to take a peek at the man she loves. She pushed the door open, there was Min-chul on the couch sleeping. Yeon-soo turned away to go but could not control the impulse to see Min-chul. She walked in, kneeled down on the floor next to the couch and gazed at his face with love in her eyes. Meanwhile, Seon-jae and Sena waited in the other room. Seon-jae went to look for Yeon-soo. Back in Min-chul's office, Yeon-soo got up from the floor, took the jacket on the couch to cover Min-chul up. As she pulled her hand away Min-chul grabbed her hand, opened his eyes looked at her and smiled. Seon-jae walked by the door and saw this tender moment between Yeon-soo and Min-chul. He was upset and stood against the door to listen.

Min-chul : What are you still doing here?

Yeon-soo: I came to congratulate Sena.

Min-chul : News travels fast. I wanted to tell you and see you smile.

Yeon-soo: Thank you for giving Sena the chance.

Min-chu l: It's too early to tell. Lots of people give up when they start recording. All I heard you talk was about Sena's dream. Tell me about your dream.

Yeon-soo: My dream is to draw until the day I die. To provide happy family for my children that I never had. It's too ordinary, right?

Min-chul: To some it might be. But to others it might not. Some just give up on the happy family idea. Isn't Sena waiting for you? You should go, see you at home.

As Yeon-soo started to leave the phone rang, the phone which Min-chul gave her for his exclusive call. Yeon-soo knew Min-chul would get upset, she hesistated to answer. Min-chul came and took the phone out of her hand and listen. It was Seon-jae's voice on the other line. With look of betrayal in his eyes, Min-chul slowly advanced toward Yeon-soo and demanded:

Didn't I tell you to answer my calls only. Why did Seon-jae call on this cell?

Yeon-soo backed away from Min-chul as he pushed forward. She could not reply.

Min-chul raised his voice:

Can't you hear me? Why is Seon-jae calling you?

Min-chul scared Yeon-soo. With tears in her eyes Yeon-soo said : Director Lee. Then she took off. Outside the door Seon-jae stopped Yeon-soo and asked what's wrong. She cried and told him to let her go. Inside, Min-chul in a fit of jealous and rage, he threw the phone on the floor. Also, he knew that he had scared the woman he loves.

Credits to Beautiful Days Yahoo! Group for the transcript

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ylin, could we trouble you for more BD gifs from the screencaps posted at this thread... especially those from PlanetBH and starjiwoo? The scenes really bring out warm wonderful feelings.

This one for instance... showed a really carefree Minchul, he's totally letting go of the past and enjoying the days as they come. Knowing Yeonsoo's sickness & realizing their love actually freed him from a longtime burden and insecurities.

rubie, not a problem... will get some done when i'm less busy in the office :)

Guest now_won

This drama introduces me to the existence of k-drama. Brought fond memories to my heart.

Unfortunately i wasn't into Lee Byung Hyun..instead I was very much into Ryu Si Won, who managed to capture my heart with his heartfelt emotions and fantastic acting. :o

Episode 5 (03/8/06)

The next day Yonsoo took all the money that she saved for art school over to pay to the bar owner to get Sena out of there. Sena told the owner to not take it, if he took it she would never come back. He took the money so Sena took off. Sena went to the internet café to try to find Zero, the famous cyber singer. She believed with his help she would succeed as a singer. She had no money so she called Sunjae. Sunjae meet her and took her to eat. Her cell phone ring, it was Minchul telling her that she could come to Victory for practice sessions. Sena was elated. She went shopping with Sunjae for a new outfit for her meeting with Victory record. She gave Sunjae the ring that Yonsoo gave her at the orphanage as a collateral. She will paid him back when she made some money. She told him about her life. She called Yonsoo the betrayer, for abandoning her. 

Next day, Yonsoo went to find Minchul to thank him. She went into his office, searching for Minchul. While she was searching, Minchul came and stood behind her at the door with his arms blocking her way out. And of course she jumped half scared to death. She thanked him for Senae, and asked him to keep this from Sena. He asked when is she going to keep her bargain of the deal. She told him she would move in tomorrow. Minchul gave her a cell phone and told her to use the phone for his call only and to carry it always. As Yonsoo walked out between the door and Minchul, her backpack dropped to the floor. She went down to recover the spilled items, Minchul touched her hair, stopped what she was doing, she slowly turned to look at him. [this scene is very romantic] Being Mr. Cool that he is, Minchul acted like he is trying to help her pick up the spilled items. Poor girl! She was so confused and attracted to him. The man is the pro at turn her into an emotional mess.

0000000893480.jpg

The next day, Yonsoo took the bus to Minchul's house. Sunjae was also on the bus going home. He sat on the seat in front of Yonsoo. He was playing with the ring that Senae gave him. At the same time Yonsoo was touching the matching ring. Fate! What can I said! (^_^) The cell phone rang. It was Minchul called to see how Yonsoo was doing. After talking on the phone with Minchul, Yonsoo dropped one of her cell phone. Sunjae reached down to help, but she got the phone. Both looked at each other, then turned back to their merry ways. 

It was raining out side, Sunjae offered to share his umbrella with Yonsoo. He helped with the direction. When they got to the house. Yonsoo told Sunjae this is the place she needed to go. He told her he lived there. While dealing with the surprise, Minchul drove up the driveway. He got out of the car and told Sunjae this is Minji's tutor. That night, Minji came home late and found out about Yonsoo. She threw a fit. Minchul told her to trust him about Yonsoo being here. He thought this will help Minji find her way with life. 

Transcript by Misha, captures from byunghunzzang.com

The MAKEOVER

The next day is the memorial day for Min-chul's mother. He went to visit her at the cemetery. Alone with his mother's grave, you can see the softer side of Min-chul. At home, Seon-jae and his mother prepared for the memorial. Min-chul went to work. At the office, his father told him that he is going to have a party that night for his music associates. He wanted Min-chul to be there to meet Mr. Kim's daughter.

Min-chul asked his father: 'You are having a party tonight?'

The father forgot that it is Min-chul's mother's memorial. Min-chul was pissed. He took Yeon-soo to the department store. Dressed her up without an explanation.

At the shop, Yeon-soo asked him: 'You can't force me to do things. Tell me why I'm here.'

He looked at her and said: 'Because I need you.'

Being Min-chul, this was all the explanation he gave her. After Yeon-soo's make-over, Min-chul came in and saw how beautiful Yeon-soo is. He stood there with this wonder on his face. (you can see the attraction he had for Yeon-soo is growing stronger).

When they arrived at the party. They shocked everyone. The father pulled Min-chul aside and asked what is he trying to do. Why did he bring her there.

Min-chul replied: 'I've brought other women to functions before'.

The father said: 'You were supposed to meet Mr. Kim's daughter'.

Min-chul: 'I don't want to meet anyone'.

The father: 'What is your reason?'

Min-chul: 'I'm your son. Do you know what today is? I'm not up to take a woman's life into my hands.'

The father could not say anything else so he walked away.

Yeon-soo was down in the front lobby, looking at a painting by her favourite artist. Min-chul came down and took her to the art gallery where there is a showing of her favourite artist. When they stood in front of one particular painting,

Yeon-soo told him: 'Looking at this makes me think I'm the child in the painting. With no worries in the world, holding the hands of her parents. You should be thankful to your mother. She gave you Min-ji and Seon-jae.'

Min-chul did not correct her misimpression.

5-1.jpg

Transcript from Beautiful Days Yahoo! Group, image from PlanetBH0712

Guest now_won

Thanks rubie for your warmth hospitality in this thread..

I would love to participate but unfortunately seems like the focus is on Min Chul and Yeon Soo. An apparent lacking is an analysis of the chararcter Son jae.

For me, I was attracted to the character development of Son Jae and i honestly felt Ryu Siwon managed to delivered a superb performance of his portrayal of the character.

I was rooting for him as I couldn't understand why Yeon Sae would choose Min Chul over him. ...Alas I finally realised that the line "Love is Blind" does rings some truth.

I am glad i watched BD as it led me to the discovery of Ryu Siwon and all the oher k-dramas that subsequently follows.

:lol:

^

Aw... please don't ever let us ... the Minchul-hopeless stop anyone from discussing and sharing about RSW & other cast, at the thread. It never meant to be a one-sided affair... all positive participation are greatly welcomed. Indeed, RSW's character really suited him... from a filial son to a loyal friend and eventually a fulfilled, better person in the end. BD is really special ... each of us love our faves in the series as they've displayed fine acting and excellent chemistry to make the drama what it is... a beautiful, unforgetable series.

All of the characters ... each had their misgivings and different perceptions of life due to the way the were brought up. Things could have been different if ... the dark secret of the father never happened in the first place but then... there would be no sequences like we saw in the drama, right? Each of the characters have their different ways of making their characters shine. Seonjae was never a bad guy and neither was Minchul... just a little less lucky than Minchul as the latter too, had in some aspect. In the end they got what was theirs after going through so much heartaches. It's good that the director/producers of BD doesn't make too much of a change to RSW's character (like in many Kdramas, turning a decent character to a 180degree change when his/her love was unrequited).

Yeah, "love is indeed blind" but there's also attraction between Minchul and Yeonsoo, although it wasn't really love in the first place... that's how chemistry work for couples, I guess. Yeonsoo initially thought that Minchul was Seonjae (the boy she met at the orphanage) when she first work at Victory Records. But gradually she fell for him for the man he really is... initiated by the intense love and sacrifice they both shared for their (spoilt) sisters.... and finally releasing Minchul from his 'demons' about his family & realizing his true self.

Seonjae was their catalyst when things got complicated with Yeonsoo's illness... and also the one who became Saena's motivator to be a better person.

So, do join us at the thread... looking forward to your BD take and share pics, too! :)

The painful & teary break-up

Yeon-soo's still waiting for Min-chul to call her. Min-chul finally called and asks her to meet him at the coffee shop.

Min-chul: Sit down. I know what you want from me is a reason but I have none to give. And the engagement..

Yeon-soo hurries to cut him off: its okay. We don't need an engagement. My promise to you hasn't changed, that's what matters.

Min-chul: I can't promise you anything, so you erase your promise to me. That's what's best for you.

Yeon-soo: What's going on? Discuss it with me if you have a problem. You can tell me; you should.

Min-chul: No. I don't want to discuss it with you. You can't do anything for me. The only thing you can do is to leave me alone. I couldn't bear your being beside me. I want to tell you that.

After saying this, Min-chul gets up to leave: Don't call me from now on.

Yeon-soo pulls at his hand: I won't ask you anything. And I won't burden you. So please just let me stay by your side.

Min-chul stares at Yeon-soo's hand because he sees the ring on her finger. Finally he pushes her hands away; with tears in his eyes he leaves the coffee shop.

title80.jpg

Yeon-soo cries and chases after him. When he is by himself at the car, Min-chul shows how much he’s hurting by breaking up with Yeon-soo.

Yeon-soo catches up with Min-chul.

bhjw_30.jpg

Yeon-soo: You can't leave me like this. That's wrong. You've already wronged me by making me waited and worried. You can't do this without giving me a chance to forgive you.

Min-chul: I don't want you to forgive me.

Yeon-soo: You have to. Not for you, but for me. You know how hard it is to hate some one you have to love. You should know, since you hate your father, what you're doing is worse than your father. At least you had a reason to hate him. I have to hate you without knowing the reason.

Min-chul: There is a reason. I abandoned you. What other reason do you need?

Yeon-soo: You didn't abandon me.

Min-chul: I did.

Yeon-soo: Don't say that. You and I can't give up so easily. You and I have endured lots to get to this point. Did you forget that?

Min-chul: I want to release you because it's only going to get tougher. Why don't you get that?

Yeon-soo: I can endure it. As long as you're with me, I can take anything.

Min-chul: I can't! You're too weak and naïve. For a man, he has to protect and take care of you. To watch out for you so those eyes don't shed tears and that heart won't have scars. I thought that's what I wanted in my life, but now it's more than I can handle. There's no room to take care of you too. I can't stand the burden. It's too hard for me, I'm abandoning you. You're bad. You shouldn't have made me say this.

Yeon-soo: Still, I can't let you go. Even if it's hard for you, I can't let you leave me. You love me. If you love me, bear that much.

Min-chul: Stops this talk of love. Love may be all to you, but it's not that to me.

Yeon-soo: This ring....You gave me this. Not a year ago, or months, but just a few days ago. Remember what you said to me then? You asked if I'd have you till the end. You've got my answer that I'd share your fate. How can you do this to me now? This isn't the end.

Min-chul: To me, it is.

Yeon-soo: Then, take this ring back. You gave it, so take it back. Why can't you? You said it's the end, so take it.

Min-chul: You put it on; you take it off. (Boy, that hurts. This man has a mean streak on him. When he wants to be mean, he can be really mean)

title81.jpg

At Victory Records, Min-chul stares at the first trophy and thinks of what his father had done, he throws the trophy against the wall. Yeon-soo calls and leaves a message on his cell phone: No matter what you say, I'm not giving you up. Because I know you'll feel more hurt after hurting me. I can't give up. You know I'm the only one who knows how you really feel. I'll wait. I'll wait until you're ready. Just remember that I'm here waiting for you.

Separately, both parties are suffering.

Gratitude:

Many thanks to Misha of Beautiful Days Yahoo! Group for the transcript & captures from PlanetBH0712

Episode 6 (04/8/06)

When they got to the house. Yonsoo told Sunjae this is the place she needed to go. He told her he lived there. While dealing with the surprise, Minchul drove up the driveway. He got out of the car and told Sunjae this is Minji's tutor. That night, Minji came home late and found out about Yonsoo. She threw a fit. Minchul told her to trust him about Yonsoo being here. He thought this will help Minji find her way with life. 

0000000893484.jpg

0000000893485.jpg

At the training session, Sena got into a fight with Minji's friend. She took off, had no money for food. She got sick. Narae came by to keep an eye on Sena for Yonsoo, and found the sick Sena. She took her to the hospital. Yonsoo and Sunjae showed up worried for Sena. Sena told Yonsoo that Sunjae is her boyfriend. Alone with Sena, Sunjae asked Sena who is Yonsoo to her. Sena told him Yonsoo is the betrayer. 

Yonsoo came home from the hospital, only to find out Minji was having a party with a bunch of her friends. Yonsoo turned off the music and told them to go home. Minji's friend talked back and asked her that whose does she think she is to order them to leave. Minji handed Yonsoo a beer and told her:' you think me as a sister? Then drink the beer and I’ll send my friends home. Can't you do that for a sister? Sure you can. Your sister works at a bar. I'm sure you can hold your liquor. If you don't drink then get out of our way.'

Yansoo replied:’ I'm not going to drink. Even if Sena told me to, I wouldn't. But then again, Sena won't ask me to do something so stupid. Until now, I felt bad for Sena. She doesn't have worrying parents, or a brother who adores her. She has to suffer alone, but you who should be pitied. Sena has a dream so she can endure the pain. But you have nothing to hope for. You have neither dream nor future.' 
Minji screamed at this point: 'That's enough' then she ran up to her room and told her friends to get out.

As Yonsoo cleaned up the room, Sunjae walked in. He gave Yonsoo the cold shoulder, and started picking up the trashes. 

He said: 'I can't understand you, if you're so worried about Sena, what are you doing at this house? She's at a motel alone, getting sick, and you have a mind to tutor someone? 

At the same time, Narae took Sena home and told her she is going to feed and support her. For her dream is to become the top manager for the singer. She wanted Sena to make her a manager when Sena become a singer. 

The next day is the memorial day for Minchul's mother. He went to visit her at the cemetery. Alone with his mother’s grave, you can see the softer side of Minchul. At home, Sunjae and his mother prepared for the memorial. Minchul went to work. At the office, his father told him that he is going to have a party that night for his music associates. He wanted Minchul to be there to meet Mr Kim's daughter.

Minchul asked his father: 'You are having a party tonight?'
The father forgot that it was Minchul's mother's memorial. Minchul was pissed. He took Yonsoo to the department store. Dressed her up without an explanation.
At the shop, Yonsoo asked him:'you can't force me to do things. Tell me why I'm here.'

Transcript by Misha, captures from byunghunzzang.com

Guest ChocoMilkShake

Is this the track you are asking about ChocoMilkShake ???

http://s23.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=255SP1X...732BLYKL5K5VWN7

Thanks to HYC and Rubie for sending me this file a few weeks back in the old thread when I was looking for it too. :D

yep! that's the track I was looking for. Thanks a lot! :D

When I first watched BD I was totally swept away by Minchul and Yeonsoo's romance. It was such an emotional time for me as I felt the intense happiness/sadness of the characters. It's the only drama to let me experience such emotions.

In repeated watchings of BD, I always manage to see something new between the characters. Be it Sanjae, Minji, Sena ... or even Minchul's dad.

I really like the scene Minchul paying his respects at his mother's grave on her memorial day. It's Minchul no one had seen before, he's just someone who misses his mother a lot. And Minji probably reminded him more and more of her.

0000000894614.jpg

Such a sad longing, seeing a son talking to his mother... as if she is still alive. How he wished to celebrate her birthday together, going places with her and lavish her with life's best because he can afford it all now. But what can he do... what can he do... she's gone too soon.

capture credit to byunghunzzang.com

Screen capture of Minchul and Minji's mum picture, in Episode 5.

MCmum.jpg
thanks to qing

I remember the morning after the beach scene, when they were eating the fish soup prepared by YS, Minchul told Yensoo that when she smiled, she looked like his mum. 
In another episode, he told her that his mum also liked to cry, and he would like to introduce her to his mum.

Yeonsoo touches Minchul's heart the way no one else did. All throughout BD, Minchul never had any friends except for his sister and assistants/staff at Victory Records. When he met Yeonsoo, her passionate support and encouragement for Saena really left an impression in Minchul's mind. When Yeonsoo moved into his house, the more he observes Yeonso's warm personality and charm... the more he falls for her. 

Though Yeonsoo became Minji's tutor, she's also Minchul's only friend & confidante. Only to her Minchul finally opened up, something he never did to anyone else.

Guest thunderbolt

Thanks for this thread. After a break of almost 3 years, I'm watching BD again and it's even more magical this time because I can hear Min-chul's own voice! *popping champagne and dancing like a loony*

I really love this drama. It's tightly-scripted and very fast-paced. The acting is superb. I'm in dreamland watching LBH. Can't express how much I love his role here.

Thanks for the caps and synopses. The English subs for my version are not the best so the synopses here are very helpful.

^

Good to see you Thunder! Totally agree about BD being tightly-scripted and very fast-paced. And the chemistry between the cast, not just between the leads; LBH & CJW or CJW with RSW but even LBH & RSW. I absolutely adore the way Minchul cares and protects his young sister, a natural big brother. He may cold and ultra-strict with his staff and other family members but with Minji ... he's like a big teddy bear.... well, not a teddy bear but so close! :lol:

--------------------------------------------------------------

Here's some update on singer Lee Jung Hyun (Kim Sae Na in BD)... deep gratitude to virgo_star at the ARIRANG: Oxygen in a korean world thread for the STAR FOCUS info

http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3472

From Beautiful Days

006.jpg002.jpg003.jpg

^ credits to www.jusunlee.com

+ STAR FOCUS

star02(14).gif Lee Jung-hyun

Name: Lee Jung-hyun

Date of Birth: Feb. 7, 1980

Body: 162cm/41kg

Title: Singer

Hobby: Collecting Barbie dolls, discovering stars, and writing scenarios

Debut: 1996

Awards:

2002 MBC TV Best Singer Award- Best 10 Singer Award

A star who's been roaming all across East Asia! Who's been curious about Lee Jung-hyun? It had been too long, so we decided to catch up with the little starlet - Lee Jung-hyun on Star Focus!

Korea! China! Japan! She traversed between these three countries, and showed off her talent on the stage.

That is surely enough to tire anyone out, but it wasn't only her stamina that kept her going - the secret lay in the support of her fans.

Lee is up to album number three in Japan and it's no wonder. Fans there adore her as much as her fans in Korea. The response to Lee Jung-hyun across East Asia is incredible! Watching her walk that hectic life and receiving love from her int'l fans made us proud.

Despite her work as a singer, Lee actually started out in acting! In 1996, she starred in and displayed an alarmingly innate touch in acting. She worked with some of the best and continued her way up to the top in music and acting, but her heart still pounds when thinking about her very first achievement.

Whether it's acting or singing! They're almost pictures of perfection. On top of that, her quick wit charms audiences and fans. She's got what it takes to be a "multi-tainer" and it's obvious that people recognize that - whether it's in Korea or overseas.

After her debut in 1996, she didn't take a moment to rest, but plunged into the business head-first. Lee Jung-hyun's passion for singing and acting comes from the joy she gets from performing herself. Despite doing what she loves, even this happy-go-lucky star feels a little down.

This year she's 25-years old! And once in a while, Lee Jung-hyun sheds her young starlet image and surprises us with a much more mature demeanor. This young woman's growing up.

A pro at transformations! The last we saw of her in Korea was with her fifth album, one filled with Spanish charm. Lee told us at the end of this year, she's planning on coming back to Korea again, as many wait to see what she'll bring them next.

She may be petite, but the energy she exudes is powerful and passionate. It's no mystery why her fans in Korea and abroad cannot contain their excitement for Lee Jung-hyun.

^

Thanks virgo-sis! :wub:

Guest thunderbolt

I wrote some thoughts about BD in the Hotelier2002 forum. Reposting them here: :P

I'm watching BD and it's wonderful. Almost three years ago, I went to the VCD store and bought my first non-BYJ drama. Seeing LBH for the first time in BD, I thought he wasn't handsome and in fact looked rather weird. I was so used to BYJ's face!

What a difference three years can make! LBH is among my Top 3 most favorite actors and he's the one I have liked for the longest time. And now watching BD, I feel as if I'm in a dream. I have caught what I'll call the "sighing" disease. I sigh and sigh when I see him! So handsome, so mesmerizing, so handsome!!

I have watched up to Episode 4 so far and am enjoying it very much. The OST's fantastic and brings back so many memories of watching BD the first time. And for the first time too I am hearing Min-chul speak in Korean, not dubbed Chinese. YES!!

The English subs in my set are not very good. In fact, at times they are quite bad. Min-chul was referred to as "monitor". Orphanage was "orphan garden" at first, then became "orphan tile". In Episode 4 when Sun-jae (RSW) was buying an umbrella at the bus-stop, the little boy vendor said, "100 yuan." Hehe... And the pronouns get mixed up so often! When Min-chul's dad saw Yon-soo (CJW) for the first time, he said to her, "You don't want to be my tutor." Huh?

But I seriously do not mind the English subs at all. As long as I can understand what is going on, I am very happy. One of the best scenes so far was when Min-chul brought his sister Min-ji home in her drunken state. Their father was so mad to see her. The whole family was there including Sun-jae and his mother. Oh, the acting was superb in this scene. There was so much tension. I thought RSW acted so well in this scene too as he confronted Min-chul for berating his mother.

I'm not a big fan of CJW but I really like her in BD. She is so pretty with her bangs, very sweet. And she acts so convincingly. I don't remember crying when I watched BD three years ago but this time around, I was in tears right from Episode 1. It was the scene where she got knocked down by the car and then staggered to her feet while calling out Sena's name. And speaking of Sena, this obnoxious girl made me cry the second time when she called out "Unni" to CJW. This was after she had chased CJW away.

And Min-chul... I can go on and on about him! This guy just sizzles! :drool1: :drool1: The way he walks (or struts), the way he puts both hands on the door-posts and stares at CJW in that penetrating manner... *faint* It's as if everything he does is deliberately designed to make her knees go weak.

Alrighty, enough gushing for now. :oops:

Have finished Episode 16 in my rewatch so 8 more episodes to go. This drama has really cast a spell on me and I'm not exaggerating when I say I feel so dreamy when I'm watching it. I'm spellbound by LBH first of all, and then by CJW and RSW. First-rate acting from all three leads. :thumbsup

More about LBH later but first, CJW as Kim Yon-soo. WOW! I think I'm ready to be her fan just from seeing her in BD. Her acting is superb and her crying doesn't irritate at all. In fact, all her crying scenes in BD so far (save for one) have been very realistic. I thought she portrayed her pain and bewilderment very well, especially in the scenes after Min-chul had "dumped" her. The only one crying scene that I thought was OTT (over the top) so far was at Sena's first public performance when the audience got distracted by something and was ignoring Sena. Yon-soo's sobbing there was too much, as if someone had died. But her other crying scenes were very good and made my heart go out to her. I really like CJW in BD.

RSW as Lee Sun-jae. Excellent! When I first watched BD three years ago, I was rooting for Sun-jae in the beginning. This time round, I'm firmly in Min-chul's camp from the word "Go" but still, I found Sun-jae to be a very sympathetic character. Some of the best scenes were the ones where the two brothers were confronting each other. The tension in the air was so thick. Great acting.

*sigh* LBH as Lee Min-chul. :hotblush: :hotblush: :hotblush: What can I say about him that has not already been said by his fans? Let's have another K-drama awards in this hotel so I can nominate LBH for best actor. He carried this entire drama on his shoulders and I can't imagine a finer performance from him. Look at how different he is with the different characters in the drama. When he's with Min-ji, he is the teasing tender brother. See the light in his eyes when he looks at her, the way he smiles so indulgently. I love the scene where he asked to see the graffiti she had drawn in the underpass. It was one of the rare moments where he seemed really happy.

Then Min-chul with Yon-soo... *sigh* I don't recall another drama with so many romantic moments as BD. The way he looks at her, touches her, kisses her, runs with her... so many heartstopping moments where he does something so unexpected and so dreamily romantic... *sigh*

And now I'm in the episodes where things are falling apart for him and he's going away from her... and we see the tears in his eyes as he pretends to be hard and uncaring... The scene in the hotel bathroom after he learns the truth about Sun-jae's real father... look at the emptiness in his eyes... hear the strangled sob in his voice as Yon-soo held him tight in her arms...

I'm putting BD into my Top 5 list of favorite dramas. I like it so much more than WLS. BD is a more complex story, more richly-layered, more gripping. The OST is fantastic. Of course the main reason is LBH. No wonder his diehard fans are clamoring for another drama from him. It's such a treat to watch him deliver in one episode after another. You don't want the drama to end.

Hi to all BD fans!!!

Just wanna share with you gals what I came across today at one of my regular video store. I found "new" release box set of Beautiful Days with Korean and Cantonese dubbed version!! The first impression I had when I saw it I figure that ...it must be in hot demand....otherwise they wouldn't want to re-produce it plus it includes a Cantonese dubbed version which is unusual...may be K-drama is sweeping its feat across to HK due to its recent success of the release of Daejanggeum!! The box cover looks attractive in light pink colour....some what different from the earlier set I had... :rolleyes:

^

Thanks Felicia for the info... so, it's now in Cantonese as well! Great news for BD lovers, of course! I think that's the same boxset I saw the other day... in shades of pink. :lol:

Btw, hope you're doing well. :)

^^

Aw... I love reading your BDthoughts, Thunder or rather.. about Minchul... :lol: love how you described the cast, the drama, the impact.. LBH... :lol: Aren't we just... mesmerized and captivated by the acting? Because ... many, many of the fans were drawn to BD not because of looks merely... some even turned off by it initially but the 'magic' of Minchul and the chemistry of BD allured willing victims... glueing them to the screen... silenty screaming for more... more.. more... Minchul! :lol:

But seriously... I like the way you describe the acting of CJW and RSW respectively and how they complement LBH's acting and vice-versa.

I've always like CJW's role in the series (but have to admit... less tears would be better) as Yeon Soo, she's true to her feelings & stayed loyal in a relationship... knows her heart really well... and loves her man deeply that she affects him positively. Of course, many would argue... is it worth it, loving someone as 'arrogant' as Minchul?... but she knew him... knew his weakness... that others never get to know despite living with him all the years. And to Yeon Soo, he'd opened up... doing that... showed that he trusted her... a lot.

Between, LBH & RSW... their contrasting onscreen personas as Minchul and Seonjae clashed yet they brought the best in each other's character by being the complete opposite of one another but do they really differ? Both loved their mothers tremendously, both deceived & hurt by the secret of their father... both loved the same woman, both were very protective of their legacy and both, at one time ... sacrificed for others.

Thank you for sharing your comments on BD... looking forward for more. :rolleyes:

^

Thanks Felicia for the info... so, it's now in Cantonese as well! Great news for BD lovers, of course! I think that's the same boxset I saw the other day... in shades of pink. :lol:

Btw, hope you're doing well. :)

Hi Rubie!! Thanks...I'm fine and hope the same goes with you!!

I am or rather we are still adjusting ourselves after Soompi crashed..... am busy at STH thread...lending my hand over there..and occasionally dropped by at CJW's thread....and regrettable I have temporary abandoned JHS...aish!! wish I have more time to spare. Has yet to find leisure time to visit the Hunnie Panda Forest....Guess with you and many other hunnies ....the thread is well guarded... :D

BTW, out of curiosity...this should have been posted at LBH thread....but since I'm into it today..might as well I enquire from you on the DVD box set of LBH which I saw today. Sorry! I know this set was released some time back but I was a bit ignorant on this type of releases as I was only keen on K-drama or movie. What does it contain....I saw two DVD bearing different name ...OMO!! I've forgotten the name now..geez! Hope this "alzheimer attack" is temporary!! I just need to know what's in it....and is it worth buying?? Thanks ... B)

Archived