Jang Dong Gun 장동건

Admin

irilight said:

JANG DONGGUN REVEALS IDOLS WHO WILL HAVE A BRIGHT FUTURE IN SM ENTERTAINMENT

Jang Donggun returns to big screen through “Crying Man”, acting as a professional hitman, Gon. Recently in his interview, he mentioned idols that he believes will have a bright future in SM Entertainment.

Jang Donggun revealed, “Although the company that I’m currently in is more of a idol company, there’s no difference between this and my past company because most of the people that I have worked with before, they have all transferred to this company with me. But when screening time comes, there will be a lot of singer hoobaes who I’m grateful to. When I see them, we will just talk about some random things that I can’t reveal. If someone wants to act, I will give them advice within my scope.” 

SM Entertainment owns a lot of singers as well as actors. When asked, “who will have a bright future”, Jang Donggun replied, “SHINee’s Minho will become even better than now in the future, Super Junior’s Siwon isn’t too bad either. From their performances, I can feel warmth and sincerity which makes me think even higher of them.”

Source: KoreaBoo

Jang Dong-gun, "My son looks like his mom and my daughter looks like me"

photo440089.jpg

Actor Jang Dong-gun claimed his daughter of 2 months old looks just like himself.

He had an interview with Sports Joseon and spoke about the movie "No Tears for the Dead". He said, "My daughter looks like me. She has my eyes. I'm glad my son looks like his mother. He has dark eyebrows, though".

About why he chose the movie "No Tears for the Dead", he said, "I thought about working with Lee Jeong-beom when I read his interview in the past. The movie was my taste as well. The emotion of the movie is similar to "The Man From Nowhere" and it is directed by the same person, so it's not going to be completely different, but there definitely is a difference somewhere, especially the action part".

Meanwhile, Jang Dong-gun plays the role of Gon in "No Tears for the Dead". He is a killer who was abandoned in a foreign land and grew up to be a cold-blooded killer, until one day he visits Korea and meets a woman who he's supposed to kill. To be released on the 4th of June.

photo440090.jpg

Source: Hancinema

id="watch-headline-title" class="yt" style="margin: 0px 0px 5px; padding: 0px; border: 0px none; font-size: 24px; color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; overflow: hidden; white-space: nowrap; word-wrap: normal; text-overflow: ellipsis; font-family: arial,sans-serif; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; letter-spacing: normal; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; word-spacing: 0px; background: none repeat scroll 0% 0% transparent; text-align: center;"Showbiz Korea - PRESS PREMIERE OF THE MOVIE id="watch-headline-title" class="yt" style="margin: 0px 0px 5px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-size: 24px; color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; overflow: hidden; white-space: nowrap; word-wrap: normal; text-overflow: ellipsis; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background: transparent;" "THE CRYING  MAN"
(with English subs)

class="entry-title single-title" style="margin: 5px 0px 20px; padding: 0px; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Oswald, Arial, Verdana, 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, sans-serif; font-weight: 400; font-size: 50px; line-height: 60px; letter-spacing: normal; text-transform: uppercase; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: center; text-indent: 0px; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background: url( section-header.png) 0px 50% repeat-x;"CINE21 NO. 956 FEATURING JANG DONG GUN

026.jpg

ng Dong Gun covers No. 956 of Cine21, and in this issue, the actor is likely talking up his upcoming movie No Tears for the Dead.

In the film, which is due out in June, Jang is a professional hitman who falls in love with his target, portrayed by Kim Min Hee (AsianWiki).

01_zpscd19be10.jpg~original

02_zpsc2c251fa.jpg~original

03_zpsfc619784.jpg~original

04_zps4c827102.jpg~original

Source: Couch Kimchi

May 31, 2014
[interview] Jang Dong Gun Confesses He Fell into a Slump for Years
Newsen Jo Yeon Kyung  Translation Credit : Yeawon Jung

Jang Dong Gun surprisingly confessed that he has been fighting a slump for years.
Jang Dong Gun held an interview on May 26 at a café in Samcheong-dong, as his film Crying Man is about to premiere. 
When asked what Crying Man means to him, Jang Dong Gun unexpectedly answered, “It’s a project that I filmed at the time when I was fighting a slump and mannerisms that have been constricting me for years. It’s what I liked the most as I filmed the movie.”
Jang Dong Gun continued, “I think I had fallen into habit, if I look back and think about it. So I’ve been reflecting on myself. Every actor experiences a slump. It doesn’t necessarily come from the result of a project. There are times when I experience it within myself. When that happens, I feel separated as I act out a character and cannot concentrate on acting.”
66810002.jpg
The actor explained, “To be honest, I’ve been experiencing that for the past several years. I think the reason comes from having falling into monotony. I tried hard to get away from that as I filmed this project. Crying Man is the project I chose to do at the time when I became aware of the fact that I fell into monotony, realized something and wanted a change by reflecting upon myself.”

When asked if he is still experiencing mannerism and slump, Jang Dong Gun nodded and said, “I think I have been slowly getting over being stuck in my habits, since the moment I realized it, but I don’t know about my slump. I think it was at an award ceremony. I heard So Ji Sub sharing something similar to this. I didn’t know what he was talking about at that time but now I completely understand. I thought, ‘He must be going through that. It came to him.’"
66810003.jpg

About any advice he received from his seniors, he said, “I don’t think there is an answer to how you get out of it. There are probably actors who don’t even know that they are experiencing a slump. I’m glad that I’m self-aware and recognized it now. A change and development can only take place after you accept your current situation. So I feel fortunate.”
Still in the process of growing, Jang Dong Gun’s change has also affected how he chose projects. 
Jang Dong Gun shared, “Right now, I want to do the projects that I feel attracted to. I don’t want to think about anything else. I am actually looking at two projects, even though I haven’t confirmed my appearance. They are not big movies.”
He continued to hint at his next projects by saying, “If I hadn’t gone through an internal change then there′s a big chance that I wouldn′t have chosen the project. I cannot tell you much since it hasn’t been confirmed but even if I don’t end up acting in it, it would be for a different reason than before. There’s no drama that I’m attracted to now. The ones I’m considering are movies.”
Meanwhile, Crying Man is set to premiere on June 4.
Photo credit: CJ Entertainment

May 31, 2014
[interview] Jang Dong Gun was Glad to Act Opposite Kim Min Hee in ‘Crying Man’
Newsen Jo Yeon Kyung  Translation Credit : Yeawon Jung
Jang Dong Gun expressed his satisfaction in acting opposite Kim Min Hee.
Waiting for his movie Crying Man to premiere, Jang Dong Gun attended an interview held on May 26 at a café in Samcheong-dong. 
Bringing up the fact that he praised Kim Min Hee during the movie’s press conference and showcase, Jang Dong Gun was asked if he was that satisfied with the actress. He coolly answered, “It was to the point where I was relieved when I heard that Kim Min Hee was going to do it.”
66913002.jpg

Jang Dong Gun said, “I was cast first while the scenario was being planned and I saw how important the character of ‘Mo Kyung’ was to me. There is only one scene where we meet in the movie but my character goes through a change as he watches ‘Mo Kyung’ and her reactions. I was very curious to see who would be cast as ‘Mo Kyung.’”
He continued, “Then I heard Kim Min Hee was cast for the role and was relieved, because she has been showing good acting in her recent projects. I had my trust in her acting ability. As I filmed with her, I saw how much she had changed since when she was young. I had many thoughts as an actor as I saw how much she has matured up.”
Jang Dong Gun said, “During my 20 year acting career, I acted along with many actresses and one thing I felt is that there is a moment when an actress changes completely. There is even a time where an actress becomes a totally different person overnight. To be honest, that’s very rare among actors. Actors who are good in the beginning continue to be good and those who were bad can either get better little by little, or just stay the same.”
66913003.jpg

He added, “Of course, it depends on the situation for actresses too but Kim Min Hee is an actress who showed change all of a sudden. I could feel that from her. Although we encounter each other once in the movie I was able to watch her act during filming. I could tell that she has changed and advanced and was amazed by it.”
Meanwhile, Crying Man will premiere on June 4.
Photo credit: Newsen, Crying Man movie poster

May 31, 2014
Top 2 actions scenes of 'No Tears For The Dead' revealed
Source: STARN News 20140530192919_53885d7f6d262_1.jpg
Director Lee Jung Bum is going to present action scenes of another level through 'No Tears For The Dead'.
On May 30th, director Lee Jung Bum revealed the top 2 action scenes of his new film, 'No Tears For The Dead', to keep attention on.
The first scene is a daylight gunfight scene, which gets called as'The Rose Battle' among staffs. Director Lee Jung Bum spent a long time while thinking about how he should make an unseen outdoor action scene, and he came up with an idea of a gunfight in an apartment.
The shooting was held at an apartment in Busan, and it involved fabulous wire actions and explosion scenes. The staffs put a lot of efforts in sound and mixing design as well so that viewers can experience the most realistic gun fight scene.
Another major action scene takes place at Mo Kyung(Kim Min Hee)'s work, 'Ventura Holdings'. The last battle of Gon(Jang Dong Gun), Mo Kyung, and most of the other characters have their final battle there, and it includes a great number of different actions.
The scene will show Gon fighting against professional killers, who were sent from America, and all of the actions that professional killers would do were included in this sequence.
The scene was recorded over 31 days. Jang Dong Gun got a major injury on his shoulder, and Kim Min Hee also shot a lot of physically challenging scenes.
Meanwhile, ‘No Tears For The Dead’ is a movie about a cold-blooded killer named ‘Gon,’ who had to give up everything after making one critical mistake. He carries out the final mission of killing a target named ‘Mo Kyung,’ but falls into a dilemma between his identity as a killer and a sense of guilt.
/Reporting by Lee Mi-Ji en@starnnews.com

June 1, 2014
Jang Dong-Geon “English acting, reality was challenge”
Source: Innolife Korea
9747_1.jpg
On the 30th, preview of movie ‘Crying Man’ was held at Wangsimni CGV. Director Lee Jeong-Beom, actor Jang Dong-Geon and Kim Min-Hee participated.
In the movie, Jang Dong-Geon turned into a killer who was raised in the US since youth. He acted many scenes in English. He said, “He was the character who was raised in the US while youth years and has never visited his mother country. He was raised in California region. It felt like a challenge to involve reality regarding English. If it went too far, it must have been a trouble to act this character speaking Korean in Korea. I discussed with the director the tone and manner which the audiences can understand but still maintaining the character.”
Jang Dong-Geon showed good performance with Hollywood actor Brian Tee, acting the role of another killer. Brian Tee is Asian-American actor who was born between Korean and Japanese. Jang Dong-Geon reminisced, “He is very faithful and sincere. His character and nature is also great. I filmed the movie very well with him.”

Kim Min Hee reveals what a drunk Jang Dong Gun looks like

jang-dong-gun-kim-min-hee_1401648910_af_

Jang Dong Gun's 'Crying Man' co-star Kim Min Hee talked about what the world star was like behind-the-scenes!

As the leading man and lady for the production, the two of them developed a bond even though they only shared one scene together in the movie. Kim Min Hee was asked about Jang Dong Gun's drinking habits during an appearance on 'Section TV'.

"When I drink a lot, my eyes get droopy," Jang Dong Gun said before she could answer. Kim Min Hee confirmed this weird habit, saying, "I saw him falling asleep".

Do you have any strange drinking habits?

source : allkpop

"No Tears for the Dead" Jang Dong-gun joins FBI camp to learn how to shoot a gun

photo443132.jpg

Actor Jang Dong-gun joined an FBI camp on learning how to shoot a gun.

Jang Dong-gun was interviewed by W Star News on the 2nd of June and he said, "I am a killer from overseas who thrives for gun action".

He said, "There's a lot of detail in the movie. The actor who plays the older brother in the Columbian brothers is actually from the military. He was even in the Iraq War, so he's a natural with a gun. It's amazing to see how he reloads his gun with an injured hand".

"It's up to the audience to decide but the pistol fighting scenes are detailed enough to say that a professional wouldn't even deny it".

He said, "I received a gun as a present when I met the director for the second time. He told me to treat the gun like it was my own body".

Meanwhile, "No Tears for the Dead" is an action drama about a killer named Gon, who is assigned a woman as his last target and struggles between duty and guilt. To be released on the 4th of June.

Source: Hancinema

June 3, 2014
Unlikely hitmanAfter string of disastrous films, heartthrob Jang Dong-gun is back
By Baek Byung-yeul The Korea Times
14-01(201).jpg
Known for his smooth good looks, Jang Dong-gun is going for a new image in the upcoming action film "No Tears for the Dead" as a professional killer. / Courtesy of CJ E&M
After two years away, Jang Dong-gun is back as a professional hit man in the new action movie, "No Tears for the Dead." 
Since his TV debut with the 1990 MBC drama "Our Paradise," the 42-year-old has been a respected actor for more than two decades. But it has been a long time since he made a compelling mark on the big screen. 
His biggest film success was 10 years ago, with the 2004 "TaeGukGi: Brotherhood of War," which drew a domestic audience of more than 11.7 million to this tragic tale of two brothers during the Korean War (1950-1953). Since then, he has suffered a bad streak with "Typhoon" (2005), "The Warrior's Way" (2010), "My Way" (2011) and "Dangerous Liaisons" (2012), all of which were box office disasters. 
Jang expressed eagerness to make his next movie a hit during a press conference last Friday. "Some of the films I turned down became huge successes. There must be an uncontrollable force to make a hit film," Jang said. 
To prove that he is still capable of being a bankable A-list star, he teamed up with director Lee Jeong-beom, best known for his previous action flick, "The Man from Nowhere." 
The 2010 action film, which was the his second directional film, followed by 2006 debut film, "Cruel Winter Blues," become a sensational hit — it garnered more than 6.1 millions, the highest box-office record in that year, and helped lift Won Bin, who took the leading role of former special agent, to the very top of Korean cinema. 
In Lee's upcoming film, Jang is a Korean-born American killer Gon, a tragic figure who repents for killing a young girl by mistake and is later assigned to remove her mother in Korea as well. 
Jang trained at an film action school in Seoul for four months to step into the role of a killer. 
Playing a bilingual role was new territory for him. "I had to act most parts of my scenes in English, (as I am a non-native English speaker) and I just tried to concentrate on delivering my lines as best as I could," he added. 
While Jang depicts the conflicted hit man Gon well, his co-star Kim Min-hee is also brilliant as the female lead Mo-kyung. 
"It definitely can be categorized as an action film. But I wanted to visualize a killer who experiences inner conflict," the director told reporters at a premiere with the press on Friday. 
To put some distance from his successful previous work, "The Man from Nowhere," the director said he paid special attention in strengthening narrative structure. 
"I cannot deny that I can be here without huge success of ‘The Man. ' But, I am certain that ‘No Tears' has its distinction from existing Korean action-noirs including my own," Lee added. 
The director interviewed special force troops in Korea and the U.S. to learn their reality and incorporate it into his work. 
"No Tears for the Dead" will be on screens nationwide from Wednesday. Rated 18 and over. Runs 116 minutes. In Korean. 

Legendary S. Korean Director of "The Man from Nowhere" Returns with the Highly Anticipated Film "No Tears for the Dead"

photo443906.jpg

South Korea's highly anticipated film "No Tears for the Dead" (directed by Lee Jeong-beom) is set to be released in North American theaters June 20th!

PROLOGUE
Veteran hitman Gon (Jang Dong-gun) receives a mission, which is to target Mogyeong (Kim Min-hee). The trouble is, he falls in love with her.

SYNOPSIS
Abandoned by his mother shortly after immigrating to America, Gon is raised by the mafia and grows up to become a cold-blooded hitman. Though usually flawless in taking out his targets, Gon makes a terrible mistake of killing an innocent young girl. A flood of guilt takes over his life and the situation becomes worse when his boss assigns him the job of killing the young girl's mother. Gon's new target, Mogyeong, is a risk manager at an investment firm and has buried herself in work to bury her grief. She is completely unaware of her role at the heart of a dangerous conspiracy. Finally, she meets the man who wants to tell her the truth behind the death of her child.

RELEASE DATES

Los Angeles CGV Cinemas 6/20/14 621 S. western Ave. Los Angeles CA 90010

Fullerton OC Regal La Habra 6/20/14 1351 W Imperial Hwy La Habra CA 90631

DC / Virginia Fairfax Towne Center 6/20/14 4110 West Ox Rd Fairfax VA 22033

Honolulu Consolid. Pearlridge 6/20/14 98-1005 Moanalua Rd Aiea HI 96701

Toronto Empress Walk 6/20/14 5095 Yonge St., 3rd Floor Toronto, ON, M2N 6Z4

Toronto Yonge & Dundas 6/20/14 10 Dundas St. East Toronto, ON M5B 2G9

Vancouver Silvercity Coquitlam 6/20/14 170 Schoolhouse St. Coquitlam BC V3K 4X9 Canada

New York - Flushing Bay Terrace 6/20/14 211-01 26th Ave Flushing NY 11361

New York - Manhattan AMC Empire 25 6/20/14 234 W 42nd St New York NY 10036

Chicago Showplace Niles 6/20/14 301 Golf Mill Center Niles, IL 60714

Dallas AMC Grapevine Mills 6/20/14 3150 Grapevine Mills Parkway Grapevine TX 76051

Atlanta AMC Discovery Mills 6/20/14 5900 Sugarloaf Pkwy, Lawrenceville, GA 30043

PRODUCTION NOTE

Legendary Director of "The Man From Nowhere" Returns with the Highly Anticipated movie "No Tears for the Dead"
In 2010, director Lee Jeong-beom kicked off a new action era in Korean cinema with "The Man From Nowhere", which became South Korea's highest grossing film in 2010 with over 6.2 million box office admissions.
"The Man From Nowhere" has received positive reviews from English-language critics. As of August 2013, six of six critics gave 'Fresh' reviews, according to Rotten Tomatoes. One of those critics, Russel Edwards of Variety, wrote:
"Brutal violence dominates the dynamic Korean thriller "The Man From Nowhere". Local heartthrob Won Bin ("Mother - 2009", "Taegukgi") transforms himself into an action hero in writer-helmer Lee Jeong-beom's swift and blood-soaked yarn, about a mystery man who gets caught up in a gang war while trying to protect a child, recalling Luc Besson's The Professional".
As such, Lee's follow-up film has been the subject of great interest within the film industry. Lee returns from a four-year hiatus with "No Tears for the Dead" and joins with super star Jang Dong-gun and Kim Min-hee for the most anticipated movie of 2014 in South Korea.

A Collaboration Between Two Actors that Need No Introduction

Jang Dong-gun and Kim Min-hee headline Lee Jeong-beom's latest film, "No Tears for the Dead".
Jang is a true superstar who has captured Asian audiences for years. His ability to exude masculinity in movies such as "My Way", "Typhoon", and "Taegukgi" captured the attention and admiration of viewers. The smooth charm he displayed in the drama "A Gentleman's Dignity' further cemented his position as a leading man to be reckoned with. Lee stated that before he even began producing the film, he always had Jang in mind for the role.

He stated that he "was convinced that Jang Dong-gun could fully express Gon's regret for his profession, and the emotions of a man on the brink". Jang chose "No Tears for the Dead" after his two-year hiatus from the silver screen because of Gon's emotional depth and the demanding physical stunts that the role required. For five months, he trained for four hours a day, four days a week. He even took part in firearms training with a U.S. Special Operations unit. Following the grueling training, Jang expressed that he, "felt very close to the character".

Kim Min-hee, famous for her maturity in each role she plays, is an unforgettable presence as Mo-gyeong in "No Tears for the Dead". In casting the film, Lee knew that he needed a woman who could remind Gon of his mother-a person who he had tried so hard to forget-and he immediately thought back to Kim's role in the film Helpless. He later said that chose Kim for the role because "the ability to act does not come simply from experience but from inner maturity". Kim portrays Mo-gyeong's plight and raw emotions with such a quiet power that viewers will not soon forget this performance.

A New Era of Action and Drama: The Birth of Sentimental Action

Lee Jeong-beom is well-known for sequences juxtaposing intense action with emotional drama. He made an indelible impression on both critics and audiences with "The Man From Nowhere", but he was not content to rest on his laurels. Instead, he chose to go in a new direction with "No Tears for the Dead". He deeply wanted to make a film that could concentrate on the characters' inner lives rather than building emotional drama around action sequences as he had in previous films. To achieve this goal, in "No Tears for the Dead", he poured himself into each phase of production. He was present from the first casting and location scouting to the mise-en-scène of every shot in order to completely and honestly capture the emotions of the characters.

The landscape of Lee's film also plays a huge role in its overall atmosphere. America, where Gon was raised, represents his traumatizing youth and his journey into isolation. It is this landscape where Gon's psyche is projected on locales that feel desolate and isolated-like the Mojave Desert. The raw power of the action scenes also dominates the screen. In "No Tears for the Dead", intense gun battles and explosions, the likes of which haven't been seen in Korean cinema, were staged across city streets in broad daylight. Each landscape and each action sequence display a deeper meaning and an emotional depth.

In order to create these intense action scenes, Lee personally studied the methods of U.S. and Korean Special Forces soldiers and experienced handling firearms at an innumerable number of firing ranges. Not content to simply have gun battles in "No Tears for the Dead", Lee used grenades and gun flashes to add variety, while he used smoke and dust bombs to amplify the intensity of action sequences. "No Tears for the Dead" is the fruit of incredible effort and consideration.

CAST and CHARACTERS

A Cold-Blooded Killer Facing a Dilemma - Gon (Jang Dong-gun)
Abandoned in the middle of a desert as a child, Gon was raised by a mafia syndicate to become a skilled hitman. He was very good at his job. However, the fatal mistake of killing an innocent young girl during one of his missions leaves a permanent scar on Gon. As he prepares to move on from his job, Gon is given a final mission. He travels back to his motherland South Korea to take out his last target. He soon discovers that his last target is the mother of young girl he killed. Gon can neither kill nor spare her.

Jang Dong-gun
South Korea's beloved star, Jang Dong-gun plays Gon, a killer filled with the guilt of killing an innocent child. Jang is best known for his leading roles in the films "Friend" (2001) and "Taegukgi" (2003). He is one of the highest paid actors in Korea, consistently topping surveys by industry insiders of most bankable stars.

A Mother in Despair - Mogyeong (Kim Min-hee)
Mogeyong is a high-flying fund manager. However, she falls to despair when she loses her husband and child. Burdened by the sadness of her daughter's death and her senile mother, Mogyeong turns to alcohol and pills. One day, Mogyeong is approached by a man claiming to know the truth behind her daughter's death.

Kim Min-hee
Buil Film Awards and Baeksang Arts Awards winner Kim Min-hee continues to prove her acting prowess from her leading role in "Helpless" (2012), "Very Ordinary Couple" (2013), and now "No Tears for the Dead". Kim was drawn to Mogyeong's deeply saddened and troubled character. She spent long hours getting into a character who lost her daughter, husband and the will to live. The character's shattered state consistently pushed Kim to her emotional edge.

ABOUT THE DIRECTOR

Capturing human nature in action - Lee Jeong-beom
"I have never been satisfied with an action film that you watch and forget".
Director Lee Jeong-beom created the so-called "The Man From Nowhere" and "Won Bin" syndromes with his second
film "The Man From Nowhere". His unique combination of action and emotional drama drew not only critical acclaim, but also huge audiences. Each new film bears the mark of his signature examination of the relationships between unlikely characters, but in "No Tears for the Dead" he adds another level of intensity and deeper emotion between each of his characters.
"No Tears for the Dead" takes a fresh look at a relationship between a killer and his target, a woman who he has come to love. The film was born from the image of a killer apologizing to his victim, and it was developed, retouched and completed over the course of 10 years. The years of labor and dedication are visible on the screen through each gory action scene bursting with emotion and the gripping dynamic between a killer bearing the weight of a terrible mistake and his next, last, target. Lee said of the film that "it is an action film, but I wanted characters with a palpable humanness. I wanted a movie that can bore into human nature".
The dynamic relationship between two souls on the edge of collapse will captivate viewers from the first moment to the last.

CJ Entertainment official website

Source : cj-entertainment.com/...

Translation : Hancinema

class="content-title" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: 400; line-height: 1.4em; font-size: 26px; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(63, 63, 64); text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; visibility: visible; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Fly to the Sky Drops “Years Apart” MV for Jang Dong Gun and Kim Min Hee’s Movie

fly-to-the-sky-jang-dong-gun-kim-min-hee

Male R&B duo Fly to the Sky collaborates with the production behind the film “No Tears for the Dead” featuring stars Jang Dong Gun and Kim Min Hee.

The collaborative music video, titled “Years Apart,” was released two days after the movie hit theaters. “No Tears for the Dead” is already drawing a large crowd, having momentarily topped the ticket sales chart and critics are foreshadowing a box office hit. The collaboration is noted as a smart move since Fly to the Sky is currently enjoying great success on the music charts as well.

Member Hwanhee took part in writing the lyrics for “Years Apart.” The song matches the childhood experience of Jang Dong Gun’s character in the film, where he was hurt from being left behind at a desert. The movie is a love story between the killer (Jang Dong Gun) and his next target (Kim Min Hee).

Meanwhile, Fly to the Sky will be holding a special concert celebrating their comeback atBlue Square Samsung Card Hall in Seoul on from June 6 to 8, and will hit other cities (Daegu, Daejeon, Busan, etc.) in July.

id="watch-headline-title" class="yt" style="margin: 0px 0px 5px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-size: 24px; color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; overflow: hidden; white-space: nowrap; word-wrap: normal; text-overflow: ellipsis; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background: transparent;"FLY TO THE SKY (플라이 투 더 스카이) - id="watch-headline-title" class="yt" style="margin: 0px 0px 5px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-size: 24px; color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; overflow: hidden; white-space: nowrap; word-wrap: normal; text-overflow: ellipsis; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background: transparent;" 십년이지나도 (Years Apart)

June 5, 2014
Jang Dong Gun Shows His Tortured Inner Killer for 1st Look Magazine
by sablo soompi.com
JDG.jpg

On June 5, Jang Dong Gun released his pictorial for 1stLook Magazine, showing off his sexy but dangerous charm. In the pictures, he stares ahead without much expression, only the light in his eyes conveying any emotion. He flaunts the intense masculine beauty that he displayed in his role as a killer—gazing off into the distance, his face somehow betrays the agony of a man who finds himself in a dilemma.
Jang Dong Gun played the role of a hitman for the first time in the recently released film, “No Tears for the Dead.” The movie has received rave reviews for its flashy gun play and also for the way it reveals the inner self of a man in a precarious position.
“No Tears for the Dead” drew 120,000 viewers on its opening day and is ranked first among this year’s adult-only films.
jang-dong-gun-1st-loook-3.jpg
jang-dong-gun-1st-loook-1.jpg

Three noir movies coming to theaters

photo443998.jpg

The 3 noir movies that are coming to theaters this June have been unveiled. Two have already been released and the final one, "For The Emperor", is being released on the 12th.

▲ The keyword for "No Tears for the Dead" - quantity

Starring Jang Dong-gun and Kim Min-hee, the keyword for "No Tears for the Dead" is quantity. The gun fighting scenes between Gon (Jang Dong-gun) and his enemies are persistant throughout the movie. If director Lee Joeng-beom displayed short action in his previous flick "The Man From Nowhere", this time he's gone all out with the gun shooting action scenes.

The quantity might not make up for the messy bits of the movie. For 116 minutes, the sound of guns are continuous and there's not one single disappointing action scene, either. Although, it may be a disappointment if people thought about the kind of action seen by Cha Tae-sik from "The Man From Nowhere". It's ironic that Kim Min-hee's emotional scene stands out despite the insurmountable action.

(skipped unrelated.....)

Source : sports.hankooki.com/l...

Translation : Hancinema