Jang Dong Gun 장동건

Admin

Jang Dong Gun and Kim Min Hee Couple Up for 'Crying Man'

Jang Dong Gun and Kim Min Hee, the stars of upcoming film 'Crying Man', met with members of the media at a production presentation, held at the Apgujeong CGV in Seoul on May 8.

source : http://entertainment.xin.msn.com/en/hallyu/CJ/photoviewer.aspx?cp-documentid=256085284#image=14

class="titleNews"Cha Seung Won Shares on Competing with Jang Dong Gun’s Movie with ‘Highheel’

Cha Seung Won shared thoughts on having to compete with Jang Dong Gun through their newest films.

On May 12, Cha Seung Won attended press conference for film Highheel at Lotte Cinema near Konkuk University and shared his thoughts on facing competition with Jang Dong Gun’s movie Crying Man.

About making his return to the big screen, Cha Seung Won said, “Unlike dramas, it’s been a long time since I acted in a movie. Personally, I hope the movie can be a box office hit. It will be competing with Crying Man starring Jang Dong Gun. I hope that both movies can do well.”

Cha Seung Won Shares on Competing with Jang Dong Gun’s Movie with ‘Highheel’

The actor also said, “Apart from commercial success, the movie will be set apart from the other movies I acted in so far. There are many different qualities within a person. I don’t really know for sure, but I believe that in every man and woman, there exist both masculine and feminine qualities. They just don’t show them outwardly because of social norm or rules.”

Cha Seung Won continued, “It was difficult to film the movie because there were many extraordinary aspects to it. I would be satisfied with the movie, if it can convey the feminine qualities that I possess. It would be a lie to say that I’m not aware of Jang Dong Gun in Crying Man. I hope both movies can be successful.”

Highheel is about a homicide detective Ji Wook (Cha Seung Won) who, upon deciding to find his real self, gets involved in a fatal event. The movie will premiere in June.

Photo credit: Newsen / enewsworld

class="at_ttl"K-Drama Stars Show Off Their Ink

Tattoos have played a role in several k-dramas lately. Kim Jaejoong sported a tattoo while soaking in a tub and in his now-famous running scene when he wore  only boxer shorts. And then there's the tattoo worn by Lim Soo Hyang, playing Gaya in "Inspiring Generation." Her co-star singer-actor Kim Hyun Joong was covered in tattoos for the release of his latest album Breakthrough.

Although they are now becoming more accepted in Korea, traditionally tattoos were associated with gangsters and some older people still tend to view them unfavorably. If you're meeting prospective in-laws or applying for a job in Korea, you probably want to cover them up. But increasingly more k-pop and k-drama stars are proudly sharing their tats with the world.

Jang Dong Gun recently spoke about his tattoo at a press conference for his new film  "Crying Man." Audiences have seen it but he's not sure his son should. In that film he plays Gon, a professional killer. In one of the film scenes, viewers could see his tattoo. He did not want his son to see it because he said his son was not aware that he had a tattoo and he did not want his son to emulate him.

(skipped unrelated.....)

Copyright ⓒ 2012 KDramaStars.com All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.

May 14, 2014
'No Tears For The Dead' New steal cuts of Jang Dong Gun released
Source: STARN News 20140513095419_53716d3b2869b_1.jpg
New steal cuts of Jang Dong Gun were released.

On May 13th, the production team of movie 'No Tears For The Dead' released new steal cuts of Jang Dong Gun, which show Jang Dong Gun covered with tattoos.
The steal cuts show Jang Dong Gun deeply in a dilemma. Jang Dong Gun has casted in 'No Tears For The Dead' as a killer named 'Gon', and he covered his entire body with various tattoos in order to show a much more charismatic and powerful image.
Tattoo artist Jung Joo Young, who designed tattoos for Ha Jung Woo in the past, directed the tattoo designing for Jang Dong Gun, and presented one of the most unique works ever.
The tattoos on Jang Dong Gun were motivated from 'Russian criminal tattoos', which represent the life that 'Gon' has come through. The tattoo that says 'ACAB(All Cops Are Bastards)', which only European gangsters with high authorities can wear, expresses Gon's dark past in its entirety.
'Asian Crack richard simmons', which is on Jang Dong Gun's back, is an expression that disparages drug addict Asian females, and it represents the trauma that 'Gon' has received after getting abandoned by his mother when he was a child. It is said that director Lee Jung Bum specially requested the tattoo to the tattoo designing team, and a great number of people are showing even greater anticipation for Jang Dong Gun's comeback.
It is said that Jang Dong Gun had to arrive to every shooting 4~5 hours earlier than everyone because of he had to get the tattoos drawn on his body, and he had to get themredrawn for many times because the tattoos just got deformed every time he sweated. The tattoos added another image to Jang Dong Gun, and it has added another level of suspense to the film.
Meanwhile, 'No Tears for the Dead' will be officially released in June.
/Reporting by Lee Mi-Ji en@starnnews.com

Guest amri28

Thanks so much to the ever resourceful @irilight, @willenette and @rubie for keeping us updated on JDG's "Crying Man" and for sharing those wonderful and gorgeous photos of him! >:D<

I hope his movie will enjoy huge success! :) and more projects to come for JDG, be it in movies or dramaland! ;) I want to see more of him and never get enough of him :P

Let's hope and pray for the best guys! :D. ;)

Variety_zpsab63cb21.jpg

May 15, 2014.Leading Korean Studios Bring Enticing Market.Nemo Kim Variety.com
In contrast to South Korea’s anemic festival presence, things are much brighter on the market side. The big three — CJ, Lotte and Showbox — have plenty to shout about.
CJ E&M brings Un Certain Regard screener “A Girl at My Door,” helmed by July Jung and produced by Lee Chang-dong, and “The Target,” a remake of French “Point Blank” by helmer Chang, to the Croisette. CJ is also screening “No Tears for the Dead,” helmed by Lee Jeong-beom (“The Man From Nowhere”), and historical maritime epic “Roaring Currents,” directed by Kim Han-min. CJ will also show a 3D omnibus film “Mad, Sad, Bad” by three well-known names in the Korean industry, Ryoo Seung-wan (“No Blood, No Tears”), Han Ji-seung (“Papa”) and Kim Tae-yong (“Late Autumn”).
Lotte’s Cannes lineup includes “The Pirates,” an epic set in 14th century Korea; another historical piece, “The Fatal Encounter,” about a murderous plot in the royal palace during the Joseon Dynasty; “Memories of the Sword,” a Joseon period drama about revenge; “Man on High Heels,” about a cold-blooded detective who secretly desires a sex change; and “Manhole,” which features a serial killer who uses the sewer system to abduct his victims.
Showbox’s lineup includes: “A Hard Day,” a thriller about a detective who buries his car accident victim in the same coffin as his mother; historical epic “Kundo: Age of the Rampant”; “Gangnam Blues,” introduced at the Hong Kong FilMart; “The Divine Move,” a noir actioner about professional gamblers; and “We Are Brothers,” a comedy about a Korean-born American adoptee who finds his biological family.
On the independent side, Finecut has a pair of new titles backed by distributor NEW, and Indiestory has short film “Breath” in the Cinefondation section.

67th France Cannes International Film Festival (67th Cannes Film Festival) opened the fourth day (17th, local time), the magazine special edition of the Cannes Film Festival SCREEN the journal's cover for Jang Dong gun of the weeping man!

10371977_692582554110592_146257182523304

*** Can’t wait for this movie :))

Jang Dong Gun oozes evil in character teaser video for 'Crying Man'

jang-dong-gun_1400427126_af_org.jpg

Jang Dong Gun's charismatic performance as a killer on the upcoming film 'Crying Man' is shaping up to be one of his best acting roles yet!

In a new character teaser video released today, his character drips with calculated cunning and charisma as he goes on the prowl on one last mission.

'Crying Man' is about a killer who gave up on everything because of one mistake. However, he meets a one of the targets under the last orders of his organization. It's an action drama that unfolds as he flips back and forth between fulfilling his mission and guilt. Jang Dong Gun will play the killer 'Gon'.

Check out the chilling video below!

SEE ALSO: Jang Dong Gun is a cold killer trying to quit in 'Crying Man'

source : allkpop

@Willenette, yes - but it was not in competition there....

Thank you and @rubie for your contributions...

Welcome @hyunsamujokang :)

JANG DONG-GUN(장동건) VS WON BIN(원빈) ▶

There are two actors who are known for their handsome, chiseled features. They also captivate the ladies with the sexy glint in their eyes.

It's Korea's two handsome top actors Jang Dong-gun and Won Bin! The two are known for their handsome features and outstanding acting skills.

And Jang Dong-gun and Won Bin are considered destined rivals by many. Find out why on Star vs Star.

<Showbiz Korea>

class="title entry-title" itemprop="name" style="margin: 0px; position: relative; font-size: 20px; font-weight: normal; padding: 0px 40px 0px 0px; color: rgb(153, 0, 0); font-family: 'Helvetica Neue Light', HelveticaNeue-Light, 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; width: 670px; display: table-cell; vertical-align: middle; text-align: center; background-color: rgb(250, 250, 250);"The movie "Crying Man ' Showcase 20 May 2014 

20140520_1400581091_09003700_1.jpg
1400581992_700401.jpg
201405201917292010_1.jpg
201405201923770270_537b2d8c052ed.jpg

more.. http://sunshineemine.blogspot.com.tr

Jang Dong-gun, “Living with a face like this? It’s not bad…”

I just look at myself in the mirror when i finish making up myself and say 'not bad'. I don't look at myself everyday and think i am so handsome". He said, "it's.

Jang Dong-gun,

The showcase for the new movie “No Tears for the Dead” was held in Gungook University on the 20th with Jang Dong-gun, Kim Min-hee, Kim Hee-won and others.

Jang Dong-gun acts in the role of a problematic, cold-blooded killer and was asked what it was like to live with an appearance like his. He said, “It’s not bad. It’s convenient”.

“Actually, there’s nothing. I just look at myself in the mirror when I finish making up myself and say ‘not bad’. I don’t look at myself everyday and think I am so handsome”.

“No Tears for the Dead” is about a killer named Gon who lives sacrificing everything, meeting Mo-kyeong under the orders of his organization and contemplating between duty and guilt. It is directed by Lee Jeong-beom from “The Man From Nowhere“. To be released on the 4th of June.

Source : www.tvreport.co.kr/?c…

Source: www.hancinema.net

class="entry-title" style="margin: 0px 0px 20px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-size: 2.4em; font-weight: bold; vertical-align: baseline; font-family: 'Lucida Grande', 'Lucida Sans Unicode', Helvetica, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); line-height: 1.375; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: left; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Jang Dong Gun & Kim Min Hee “Crying Man” release date confirmed for June 4

2014052108562830778.jpg

Upcoming film “Crying Man” has confirmed its releases date for June 4th.

The movie was directed by Lee Jung Beom who directed “The Man From Nowhere”. “Crying Man” is an action thriller portrays the story of a veteran killer Gon (Jang Dong Gun), falls in love with his last target(Kim Min Hee)

Director Lee Jung Beom shows stylish action scenes which is his own speciality in this movie. Since movie gets R Rated for violence, it would be expected to show realistic fight scenes that has never seen before in Korea. By adding Jang Dong Gun’s charismatic performances and Kim Min Hee’s heartbreaking performances, it would gather lots of audience.

The movie attracted attention since it is released on June which is peak season of Korea.

Source: 10 Asia

May 21, 2014
Jang Dong Gun at showcase of movie 'No Tears For The Dead'
Source: STARN News 20140520193011_537b2eb3072af_1.jpg
On May 20th, actor Jang Dong Gun attended showcase of movie 'No Tears For The Dead', which was held at New Millennium Hall in Konkuk University campus.
During the showcase, Jang Dong Gun, Kim Min Hee, and Kim Hee Won appeared and introduced their new film.
Meanwhile, ‘No Tears For The Dead’ is a film about a cold-blooded killer named ‘Gon’, who had to give up everything after making one critical mistake. He carries out the final mission of killing a target named ‘Mo Kyung,’ but falls into a dilemma between his identity as a killer and the sense of guilt./Reporting by Kim Dong-Joo en@starnnews.com

May 24, 2014
'Entertainment Weekly' Jang Dong Gun tells that he has to try to look handsome these days
Source: STARN News 20140524221746_53809bf98d660_1.jpg

Jang Dong Gun told that he has to try to look handsome these days.
On May 24th, Jang Dong Gun and Kim Hee Won, who recently casted in a new film called 'No Tears For The Dead' together, appeared on KBS 2TV 'Entertainment Weekly' for an interview.
While talking about Jang Dong Gun's personality, Kim Min Hee said, "I think he would look better if he shows a much more casual look," and Jang Dong Gun said, "I did not have to do anything to hear people saying that I look handsome, but I actually have to try to look handsome these days."
Regarding good changes that happened to him after getting married, Jang Dong Gun said, "I love looking after my kids, and everything is great. However, one of the biggest problem is that I don't get to have my own private time."
Kim Hee Won said, "I always envy Jang Dong Gun when he says that looking at his babies make him happy no matter what kind of difficulty he has."
Meanwhile, 'No Tears For The Dead' will be officially released in June.
/Reporting by Kim Dong-Joo en@starnnews.com

JANG DONGGUN REVEALS IDOLS WHO WILL HAVE A BRIGHT FUTURE IN SM ENTERTAINMENT

tumblr_inline_n66t0vg55q1qjjyap.jpg

Jang Donggun returns to big screen through “Crying Man”, acting as a professional hitman, Gon. Recently in his interview, he mentioned idols that he believes will have a bright future in SM Entertainment.

Jang Donggun revealed, “Although the company that I’m currently in is more of a idol company, there’s no difference between this and my past company because most of the people that I have worked with before, they have all transferred to this company with me. But when screening time comes, there will be a lot of singer hoobaes who I’m grateful to. When I see them, we will just talk about some random things that I can’t reveal. If someone wants to act, I will give them advice within my scope.” 

SM Entertainment owns a lot of singers as well as actors. When asked, “who will have a bright future”, Jang Donggun replied, “SHINee’s Minho will become even better than now in the future, Super Junior’s Siwon isn’t too bad either. From their performances, I can feel warmth and sincerity which makes me think even higher of them.”

Source: KoreaBoo