6 "Black Widow"   13 253 2 942 560
7 "Doraemon the Movie: Nobita's New Dinosaur" (映画ドラえもん のび太の新恐竜)   8 107 56 460
8 "Hostage: Missing Celebrity" (인질) 2021/08/18 5 025 7 013
9 "Haikyu!! OVA4 and Haikyu!! OVA5" (ハイキュー‼ 陸 VS 空)   4 445 33 745
10 "The Green Knight"   3 490 18 656
  • Like 1
  • Awesome 1

Jo In-sung: "'Escape from Mogadishu', a work that received courage and support"

'Mogadishu' was filmed entirely in Morocco instead of Somalia, a country where travel is banned before the spread of Covid-19. The painful history of Somalia, which was chaotic by the civil war at the time, was captured in an exotic landscape. It was not an easy challenge, but Jo In-seong expressed his respect that all of this was possible because of director Ryu Seung-wan.

spacer.png

"If it wasn't for director Seung-wan Ryu's open ears, judgment based on experience, and the strength and determination that encompasses the staff, 'Mogadishu' would not have been possible. He would have suffered a lot of pressure."

Staying in Morocco for 4 months was difficult, but it was a precious opportunity for an actor. He also recalled that it felt like he had gone back to high school after a long time.

“It was hard because I couldn’t eat pork, but I was able to eat a lot of beef. (Haha) The good thing about the all-location filming was that it was a good place to be completely immersed. It was a 5-minute walk from the dorm.  If it was a regular filming site, they will disperse here and there, but this time it was nice to be able to gather in one place and share opinions about works and filming. Also, it has been a long time since I was in a free environment since high school. I can eat what I want and go to places I am curious about. Of course, in Seoul I could do it, but I couldn't do it well because the staff I went with could be uncomfortable."

The movie received favorable reviews for Jo In-seong, who plays the role of Counselor Kang Dae-jin, who is struggling to join the UN. Kang Dae-jin, who shows momentum and determination to survive in an isolated situation in the middle of the civil war, was not typical of the character of the National Security Agency that we have seen so far.

"I feel fortunate. If my acting was good, it would be thanks to my seniors and fellow actors who worked with me. Acting is not something you can do alone. For flowers to bloom, you need a field, rain, and interest. The same goes for acting. I think that kind of acting was possible because of the love and interest of fellow actors and the director.”

In particular, I was impressed with Kang Dae-jin, who believed in his judgment and pushed forward even though a gun was pointed at his head at the Somali embassy, where he went to ask for help. The tension between life and death was maintained and Kang Dae-jin's character was delivered .

"Even though I know it's safe when we filmed the scene where a gun was actually pointed at me, I have a strange fear. It's the feeling I get when I run into an opponent I can't beat. I think those things were expressed when I was acting. It went smoothly because it projected real emotions.”

The scene I like the most is the scene where he escapes through car chasing. This is because it is a scene that shows the emotions and face of Kang Dae-jin that he wanted to show.

“I like my face the most at that time. I see a face that doesn’t need to be decorated in front of survival. I think it’s an instinctive face that expresses that.”

'Mogadishu' was released in theaters, but due to the recent Covid-19, new films are being released on OTT platforms. What does Jo In-sung think about this?

"Even if a movie is released on OTT, it's definitely a movie. I think the boundaries will disappear and you will be more free. I don't think it's a matter of right or wrong. I think it's developing in a good direction."

Jo In-sung played various characters so far, but he hasn't played a villain yet. Finally, I asked if I could look forward to the villain. It will be difficult to see the gray face of Jo In-sung for the time being.

"I don't think it's easy for me to play a villain. He looks good too. (Laughs) If the audience promises to come to the theater, I'll give it a try. Haha."

https://www.dailian.co.kr/news/view/1022517/?sc=Naver

spacer.png

• Like 2

These Were The TOP 50 Korean Star Brand Reputation Rankings For August 2021

The list includes K-Pop groups and idols, athletes, actors, and more!

The Korean Business Research Institute recently revealed the Korean star brand reputation rankings for August! These rankings are calculated by collecting data on consumer participation, media coverage, interaction, and community indexes of various Korean stars from July 16 until August 16. The list includes K-Pop groups and idols, athletes, actors, and other big names in South Korean culture!

33. Cho In Sung

Brand reputation index: 1,676,781

source : Korean Business Research Institute

E84TRvvUYAcDMy4?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1

‘Sinkhole,’ ‘Escape From Mogadishu’ conquer box office over Liberation Day weekend

Over the three-day Liberation Day weekend Aug. 14-16, South Korean films “Sinkhole” and “Escape From Mogadishu” conquered the local box office.

The No. 2 spot at the local box office went to “Escape From Mogadishu,” directed by Ryoo Seung-wan. The film, based on a real-life event, attracted more than 410,000 viewers over the holiday. Since the movie’s release July 28, it has racked up over 2.44 million viewers.

Set in Somalia in 1991 -- when both Koreas were vying for membership in the United Nations and each sought to prevent the other’s inclusion -- the movie begins with a scene between South Korean Ambassador to Somalia Han Shin-sung (Kim Yoon-seok) and Kang Dae-jin (Jo In-sung), a spy with the Agency for National Security Planning. The two are discussing how to prevent the North Korean ambassador (Heo Jun-ho) from establishing a stronger relationship with the Somali government. But then a civil war breaks out in Somalia and the city is plunged into chaos.

The release of the two films was possible with support from the Korean Theater Association, which includes among its members the top three multiplex operators: CGV, Lotte Cinema and Megabox. Earlier in June, the association decided to forgo ticket proceeds until sales reached 50 percent of the total production costs of “Escape From Mogadishu” and “Sinkhole.” Theaters and film distributors usually split ticket sales 50-50. “Escape From Mogadishu” cost around 25 billion won ($21.82 million) to make, while “Sinkhole” cost around 14 billion won.

The support was a way to encourage local film distributors to release movies, even though the number of moviegoers decreased dramatically last year because of COVID-19.

In 2020, the number of people who visited local theaters plunged 74 percent from the year before. It was the greatest decline since the Korean Film Council started compiling box office data in 2004.

http://m.koreaherald.com/amp/view.php?ud=20210817000784

• Like 1

Escape from Mogadishu Records as First Korean Film to Reach 2.5 million Viewers in 2021

The movie "Mogadishu" (director Ryu Seung-wan) has surpassed 2.5 million viewers.

On the 18th, "Mogadishu" attracted 2.5 million viewers in the morning of the 22nd day of its release based on the integrated network of the Korea Film Council. This marks the first Korean film to surpass 2.5 million viewers in 2021.

It is the fourth week of its release, but the enthusiasm for "Mogadishu" has not subsided. This is an unusual phenomenon considering the fact that box office blockbusters are also on a sharp decline in the third and fourth weeks of their release.

In particular, "Mogadishu" is showing a higher daily audience number than this year's biggest hit "Black Widow," which recorded 2.94 million and 9,914 viewers, so attention is focusing on whether it will set a total box office record beyond "Black Widow" as well as the top Korean movie title in 2021.

Due to the background of the box office, the movie "Mogadishu" recorded 97 percent of CGV's Golden Egg Index, and Lotte Cinema recorded 9.1 and 9.2 in Megabox. North America also received positive reviews, with the Rotten Tomato Freshness Index rising back to 100 percent and the audience Popcorn Index also rising to 95 percent.

In addition, as a terrible civil war situation such as a movie is taking place overseas, domestic media and audiences are paying keen attention to the timely film.

Meanwhile, the movie "Mogadishu" depicts the escape of people who were isolated by civil war in Mogadishu in 1991 and stars actors Kim Yun-seok, Jo In-sung, Heo Joon-ho, Koo Soo-chang, Kim So-jin, Jung Man-sik, Park Kyung-hye and Kim Jae-hwa.

https://star.mbn.co.kr/view.php?year=2021&no=798609&refer=portal

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Local Films Command 80% of Sales

For the first time in 2021, the Korean box office was led by two domestic titles, who helped raise the local market share to 82%, the highest it’s been all year. Sales jumped up 30% week-on-week, with admissions reaching 1.22 million, just shy of the annual sales record posted last month when Black Widow opened.

Showbox’s disaster comedy Sinkhole debuted in theaters with 647,000 sales (USD 5.62 million) over the weekend and a cumulative total of 922,000 entries (USD 7.82 million) after five days in theaters. Though it should see plenty more business in the coming weeks, the market will be very competitive, and audience reactions have been somewhat mixed.

In its third weekend, Ryoo Seungwan’s acclaimed Escape from Mogadishu dropped just 32% as it clinched another 348,000 sales (USD 2.87 million). The film has now reached 2.32 million spectators (USD 19.18 million), by far the best total for a Korean film in 2021, and it may yet catch up to Black Widow’s year-best total of 2.94 million sales. 

The Ryan Reynolds action-comedy vehicle Free Guy opened in third place with 105,000 tickets (USD 939,000) sold over the weekend and a total of 157,000 seats (USD 1.38 million) filled since its Wednesday start.

DC Comics film The Suicide Squad crashed 77% after a disappointing opening, as it could only muster 38,000 admissions (USD 369,000) during its sophomore frame. The superhero film has accrued 382,000 sales (USD 3.45 million) to date.

Animation sequel Boss Baby: Family Business slowed 65% going into its fourth weekend, as it sold 27,000 tickets (USD 281,000). The film has brought in 894,000 viewers (USD 6.91 million) to date.

Both Sinkhole and Escape from Mogadishu are poised to do strong business this coming weekend, while box office superstar Hwang Jungmin is entering the marketplace with his latest film Hostage: Missing Celebrity, which is quickly catching up on the reservation chart as of early Monday morning.

credit : KOFIC News
  • Like 1
  • Awesome 1

More than 2.5 million viewers for 'Escape from Mogadishu', filmed entirely in Morocco

spacer.png

The movie "Mogadishu" has unveiled live behind-the-scenes stills in Morocco.

On the 19th, "Mogadishu" released local behind-the-scenes stills that vividly captured every moment at the Moroccan filming site thanks to the audience's love. It was the first Korean film to record 2.5 million viewers in 2021.

The behind-the-scenes still features actors immersed in filming and the thrilling appearance of trying to escape from isolated situations.

First of all, Kim Yoon-seok, who plays Ambassador Han Shin-sung, showed the moment of urgency in front of the Italian embassy and captured the behind-the-scenes story of a famous scene drawn with solid acting skills.

Jo In-sung, who plays the role of a diplomat Kang Dae-jin, draws attention as he is taking a break before digesting the movie's highlight scene.

spacer.png

In addition, the exchange of Heo Joon-ho and Tae Joon-ki, ambassador to Lim Yong-soo, who were fully immersed in the character in front of the camera, also shows the immediate situation of heading to the Korean Embassy to ask for help, suggesting a realistic atmosphere.

On top of that, the still, which brought together the South Korean Embassy and the North Korean Embassy, which had moved toward the goal of escape, adds warmth to the friendly atmosphere of the "Mogadishu" team.

The production crew also completed the realistic attractions and breathtaking tension of "Mogadishu" with detailed production and filming. Mogadishu's scenery reproduced in the Moroccan Esaouira, as well as small details such as props and costumes, has made reality more abundant.

In particular, the car, which was the main prop of the car-chasing scene in the second half of the movie, was covered with books and completed with bulletproof vehicles, adding persuasion to the film's reality with detailed settings.

"Mogadishu," which was born through the efforts of those who spent four months in Morocco to build perfect chemistry, is drawing keen attention as it is heading to the highest box office record of this year thanks to the hot word-of-mouth box office success.

"Mogadishu" is a story about the escape of people who were isolated by civil war in Mogadishu, Somalia's capital, in 1991.

http://www.mydaily.co.kr/new_yk/html/read.php?newsid=202108190837821834&ext=na&utm_campaign=naver_news&utm_source=naver&utm_medium=related_news

spacer.png

• Like 2

*** "Escape from Mogadishu" is still on theaters.    :Woah:

Opened July 28
Action, Drama
Directed by Ryoo Seung-wan

Set in 1991 Somalia, South Korean Ambassador to Somalia Han Shin-sung (Kim Yoon-seok) and National Security Planning Agency agent Kang Dae-jin (Jo In-sung) are competing against North Korean Ambassador (Heo Jun-ho) for South Korea’s membership in the United Nations. When a civil war breaks out in the African country, the South and North Korean diplomats have to cooperate to escape the country together.

• Awesome 2

Korean Box Office for the Weekend 2021.08.20 ~ 2021.08.22

credit https://www.kobis.or.kr/kobis/business/main/main.do

# Films Release date Week-end Total
1 "Hostage: Missing Celebrity" (인질) 2021/08/18 453 917 638 303
2 "Sinkhole" (싱크홀) 2021/08/11 326 226 1 657 687
3 "Escape from Mogadishu" (모가디슈) 2021/07/28 222 218 2 780 872
4 "Old"   51 973 85 275
5 "Free Guy"   35 699 251 949
6 "PAW Patrol: The Movie"   27 535 33 676
7 "The Suicide Squad"   7 742 410 887
8 "Boss Baby: Family Business"   5 971 919 455
9 "Black Widow"   4 180 2 955 481
10 "Palm Springs"   3 258 5 181
  • Like 1
  • Awesome 1

"Escape from Mogadishu" has surpassed 2.78 million viewers 

spacer.png

The movie "Mogadishu," which has set a new 2021 record due to its relentless long-term box office success, has surpassed 2,780,872 cumulative audiences and has continued its unusual record of winning the top box office for four consecutive weeks.

In addition, "Mogadishu" is currently in the midst of the release of new films every week since its release. If this pace is maintained, it is expected to surpass "Black Widow" and set a new box office record of 3 million viewers for the first time this year.

The box office and the top reservation rate for four consecutive weeks have extraordinary reasons for the hot long-term box office boom of "Mogadishu."

The reason for the first success of "Mogadishu" is that based on word of mouth from a wide generation audience, not only friends, lovers, but also family audiences are coming in together.

As a result, the movie's flagship website recorded an average of more than nine points, which is much higher than the same-time releases, making the audience feel satisfied.

Second, it is drawing attention as a timely message that meets the international situation, which reminds us of the situation in "Mogadishu." The current international situation, which adds sadness to the movie-like situation, reminds us of isolated embassy people in "Mogadishu" and reminds us of the message the movie delivers.

Based on the true story of those who escaped from the civil war in Somalia, "Mogadishu" presents the essence of well-made works completed with immersive performances by famous actors such as Kim Yun-seok, Jo In-sung, Heo Joon-ho and Koo Soo-chang. This proves to be a true "film of the year" and is expected to use new indicators for long-term box office success.

The movie "Mogadishu" depicts the escape of people who were isolated by civil war in Mogadishu, Somalia's capital, in 1991. "Mogadishu," the first film to be released this year, is making a long-term hit every day, with expectations of more than 3 million viewers.

https://www.jejutwn.com/news/article.html?no=86459

There is a change in the perception of OTT markets in Korea. Disney+ lands in South Korea in November.

It is predicted that Disney+ will also make aggressive investments in producing original contents in Korea. It signed an MOU with Studio & New, an affiliate of content production business of media company NEW to supply and demand Korean Wave contents. It has decided to produce more than one original series every year over the next five years. Currently mentioned works include the 20-part drama "Moving," starring Jo In-sung, Han Hyo-joo and Cha Tae-hyun, which will invest 50 billion won in total production costs, and "You and My Police Class," starring Kang Daniel. 

https://www.asiatime.co.kr/article/20210820500209?1=1

• Blob 1

4 hours ago, syntyche said:

"Escape from Mogadishu" has surpassed 2.78 million viewers

The movie "Mogadishu," which has set a new 2021 record due to its relentless long-term box office success, has surpassed 2,780,872 cumulative audiences and has continued its unusual record of winning the top box office for four consecutive weeks.

In addition, "Mogadishu" is currently in the midst of the release of new films every week since its release. If this pace is maintained, it is expected to surpass "Black Widow" and set a new box office record of 3 million viewers for the first time this year.

The box office and the top reservation rate for four consecutive weeks have extraordinary reasons for the hot long-term box office boom of "Mogadishu."

The reason for the first success of "Mogadishu" is that based on word of mouth from a wide generation audience, not only friends, lovers, but also family audiences are coming in together.

As a result, the movie's flagship website recorded an average of more than nine points, which is much higher than the same-time releases, making the audience feel satisfied.

Second, it is drawing attention as a timely message that meets the international situation, which reminds us of the situation in "Mogadishu." The current international situation, which adds sadness to the movie-like situation, reminds us of isolated embassy people in "Mogadishu" and reminds us of the message the movie delivers.

Based on the true story of those who escaped from the civil war in Somalia, "Mogadishu" presents the essence of well-made works completed with immersive performances by famous actors such as Kim Yun-seok, Jo In-sung, Heo Joon-ho and Koo Soo-chang. This proves to be a true "film of the year" and is expected to use new indicators for long-term box office success.

The movie "Mogadishu" depicts the escape of people who were isolated by civil war in Mogadishu, Somalia's capital, in 1991. "Mogadishu," the first film to be released this year, is making a long-term hit every day, with expectations of more than 3 million viewers.

https://www.jejutwn.com/news/article.html?no=86459

@syntyche thanks for sharing this. Ye, "Escape from Mogadishu" added 222,000 sales this weekend to surpass 2.78 million in total. So NICE to know that many viewers came to theaters over the three-day period, marking the second-highest weekend score since the fourth wave of the COVID-19 pandemic this summer in Korea. :Megathanks:

• Blob 2

10 Recommended Dramas and Films of Jo In Sung 

The latest film starring Jo In Sung, Escape from Mogadishu, was watched by more than 2 million viewers! Very cool, isn't it? Jo In Sung has never failed to amaze the audience since the beginning of his career until now!

Now, while nostalgic, here are ten recommendations for old dramas and movies starring Jo In Sung. 

1. Jo In Sung co-acted with Lee Dong Wook in the drama School 3 in 2000

spacer.png

2. In 2002, Jo In Sung appeared with Jang Hyuk in the movie Public Toilet

spacer.png

3. Jo In Sung plays a character named Lee Kyung Ho in the drama Piano (2002)

spacer.png

4. In the 2003 film Madeleine , Jo In Sung acted as Shin Min Ah's lover

Spoiler

spacer.png

5. Together with Jang Nara, Jo In Sung appeared in the drama Nonstop 2 in 2002 and achieved high popularity

Spoiler

spacer.png

6. Jo In Sung also collided with Son Ye Jin in the romance film Classic in 2003

Spoiler

spacer.png

7. In the drama Shoot for the Stars (2002), Jo In Sung played the role of Sung Tae, someone who dreams of becoming an actor

Spoiler

spacer.png

8. Jo In Sung as Chul Soo, a son of a Korean intelligence agent in the film Love Impossible (2003)

Spoiler

spacer.png

9. Can't be forgotten, here! Jo In Sung appeared as the main character in the legendary drama, Memories of Bali (2004)

Spoiler

spacer.png

10. In the movie A Dirty Carnival, Jo In Sung transformed into a charismatic gangster

Spoiler

spacer.png

Those are the ten recommendations for Jo In Sung's old films and dramas! Even though it's old, the acting is still cool as it is now!

https://www.idntimes.com/hype/entertainment/nabila-dyahtasya-1/filmnya-tembus-2-juta-penonton-10-drama-dan-sinema-lawas-jo-in-sung/10

@willenette, Mogadishu has been proving its success in the box office for several weeks, amidst the pandemic and other new movies that are being released. Hopefully it does achieve the 3 million viewer mark!

:gangnamstyle::gangnamstyle:  

• Love 1
  • Blob 1

10 hours ago, anjuliet said:

Thank you for this list :elated:  I hope I will still be able to find some of his older works online to watch. 

@anjuliet you may try "Something Happened in Bali" via YouTube. He revealed that he almost broke his teeth  in a kissing scene with Ha Ji Won in this drama! LOL. :Megalol:   Or "That Winter, The Wind Blows" on Netflix.  :heart:

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1

[Exclusive] 50 Billion Masterpiece and Korean fantasy hero film "Moving," Begins Filming on the 23rd

spacer.png

The new drama "Moving," known as the 50 billion masterpiece, has begun filming after a long preparation.
According to a report by Sporty News on the 26th, the filming of "Moving" is in full swing after finishing its main cast on the 23rd.

"Moving" is a Korean action fantasy hero drama based on Kang Pool's popular webtoon of the same name, in which families with innate superpowers confront huge enemies beyond the ages and generations.

"Moving" is produced by Studio & New and the original author Kang Pul writes the play himself. The production will be directed by Park In-je, director of "Kingdom" season 2. The total production cost of 20 episodes is known to be 50 billion won.

Earlier, Jo In-sung, Han Hyo-joo, Ryu Seung-ryong, Kim Sung-kyun and Kim Hee-won were among the candidates. Along with its spectacular multi-casting, rising rookies Ko Yoon-jung and Lee Jung-ha are also attracting the attention of drama fans.

While "Moving" is under discussion in various ways, it is expected to be the launch of Disney+, which is scheduled to launch in Korea in November. Disney+ has been recruiting domestic employees since early this year, and is also working on translation to Hangul of movies and animations. There is also a keen interest in the lineup of Korean original contents, including "Moving."

In particular, "Moving" is a series of world views with "apartment," "timing," "again," "moving," "bridge," and "hidden." Attention is focusing on whether it will be able to become a Korean fantasy hero series due to the high possibility of producing spin-offs.

Meanwhile, Disney+ is expected to supply contents to LG Uplus IPTV first. LG Uplus announced that it is currently negotiating a contract to supply contents with Disney+ at a conference call to announce its performance in the second quarter.

http://www.spotvnews.co.kr/?mod=news&act=articleView&idxno=438937

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, willenette said:

That Winter, The Wind Blows

I watched this when it was first aired. It was my first time seeing oppa. :love:

1 hour ago, willenette said:

you may try "Something Happened in Bali" via YouTube. He revealed that he almost broke his teeth  in a kissing scene with Ha Ji Won in this drama! LOL.

Thanks, will look it up. Oh my... I will have to take a closer look of this kissing scene. :naughty::lol:

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

Jo In Sung, Han Hyo Joo and Cha Tae Hyun’s New Action Fantasy Drama ‘Moving’ Has a Production Budget of 42 Million USD

Tags

Upcoming action fantasy series "Moving" starring Jo In Sung, Han Hyo Joo, Cha Tae Hyun, and more is on its full swing with a jaw-dropping production budget.

After confirming the cast lineup, the JTBC drama reportedly began its filming session on August 23 and is in talks to produce 20 episodes together with Disney+.

K-Drama 'Moving' has a Production Budget Worth Millions of Dollars

In addition, the action-fantasy K-drama is expected to set the bar high with a hefty amount of budget allocated for the production.

According to Spotify News, Jo In Sung's new drama would cost 42 Million USD or 50 billion KRW and will be produced by Studio & New, who is behind the success of "Train To Busan" and "Peninsula."

Apart from this, "Moving" is helmed by Park In Je, the genius behind the Blockbuster K-zombie film "Kingdom Season 2."

Interestingly, the upcoming drama will be penned by the webtoon author itself, Kang Full.

'Moving' Cast and What We Know So Far

The soon-to-be-released JTBC series focuses on a high school student and his family who have been keeping a mysterious past from the people around them.

Apart from the trio, "Moving" cast includes an intriguing mix of veteran and rookie actors.

Cast members include Kim Sung Kyun, Kim Hee Won, "Kingdom" star Ryu Seung Ryong and Kwak Sun Young from "Hospital Playlist."

Joining them are some of the industry's fresh faces starting with Lee Jung Ha, who appeared in "Nevertheless" and "Run On" as well as the "Law School" actress Go Jo Yoon Jung.

Jo In Sung, Han Hyo Joo, and Cha Tae Hyun's Current and Upcoming K-Drama Appearance

The upcoming K-drama "Moving" is Jo In Sung's return to the small screen after starring in the 2014 series "It's Okay, That's Love."

In 2016, he appeared in tvN's melodrama "Dear My Friends," where he played Go Hyun Jung's long-distance boyfriend.

Now, he has a new movie, "Escape from Mogadishu" which is set to hit the 2 million mark in blockbusters.

Not only that, Jo In Sung is booked and busy in the coming year after being courted to appear in a star-studded movie "Smugglers" with Yeom Jung Ah, Go Min Si, and "Signal" star Kim Hye Soo.

https://www.kdramastars.com/articles/121723/20210826/jo-sung-han-hyo-joo-cha-tae-hyun-s-new.htm

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

18 hours ago, anjuliet said:

I watched this when it was first aired. It was my first time seeing oppa. :love:

Thanks, will look it up. Oh my... I will have to take a closer look of this kissing scene. :naughty::lol:

@anjuliet  that was a good melodrama, right? Everything about it looks and feels like a classic romance melodrama. A melodrama about a handsome man and a beautiful blind woman who doesn't believe in love. Did you like the ending? It is also open to interpretation. I loved it since no one dies in the drama. Also, loved it because it was just a 16-EP drama, not a long one. It's a melodrama that has such beautiful cinematography (how gorgeous it was to look at - referring to this picture below -) & lovely music. Aside from JIS I also adore Kim Bum. He's always my favorite flower boy, so I’m already pretty biased here about him. It's different from his polished & cultured BOF character. Of course, this drama is not perfect, it has its flaws, too. There were things that I did like about it but there were also things that left me scratching my head. What I loved was the PD always likes to do an attractive close-up shots for both leads. I have no words to

describe how perfect JIS looks. I enjoyed the brisk pace and the lack of drag.    :shaq:

that-winter-the-wind-blows-004.png?resiz

• Like 1