[drama 2009] The City Hall 시티홀

Guest *alodia*

Guest nananaaa

don't know if this has been mentioned before or not, but there will be a USA edition of City Hall DVD:

http://www.yesasia.com/us/city-hall-dvd-7-disc-english-subtitled-sbs-tv-drama-us-version/1023035455-0-0-0-en/info.html

i was wondering if anyone knows this is going to be director's cut or not. it doesn't says "director's cut" so i assume it's probably the original airing version? i'm a bit disappointed that it doesn't include the NGs and the commentaries from actor + actresses :( i really don't mind paying more to get those NGs and commentaries just like on the korean dvd version (with english subtitles of course! :)). it does include 59 mins interview and commentary from KSA though.

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest *alodia*

don't know if this has been mentioned before or not, but there will be a USA edition of City Hall DVD:

http://www.yesasia.com/us/city-hall-dvd-7-disc-english-subtitled-sbs-tv-drama-us-version/1023035455-0-0-0-en/info.html

i was wondering if anyone knows this is going to be director's cut or not. it doesn't says "director's cut" so i assume it's probably the original airing version? i'm a bit disappointed that it doesn't include the NGs and the commentaries from actor + actresses :( i really don't mind paying more to get those NGs and commentaries just like on the korean dvd version (with english subtitles of course! :)). it does include 59 mins interview and commentary from KSA though.

Yeah it does say

"This edition comes with 59 minutes of English-subtitled special features including interview and commentary with Kim Sun Ah."

and

"*Extras:

-Kim Sun-Ah: Interviews & Commentaries (59 min, English Subtitles)"

I'm very curious too... it does indicate the interviews and commentaries... but it doesn't state that it's the director's cut.

Who's buying? Let us know. ㅋㅋㅋ

Thanks for the lovely avatars~

Guest *alodia*

CITY HALL Director's Cut COMMENTARY

Part 01 of 05

english subbed

cityhall01engsubbedavi0.jpg

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5ETBPFQ7

You can also watch this on a 2-part streaming in my Facebook account.

If anyone wants to upload in youtube, I guess it's ok... just don't forget to give proper credits to the creators.

Sorry, it took me ages to upload this... and will probably take quite some time to upload the next parts.

it's a collaboration among:

ekangaroo, zin_90, michellephan & me (and my friend sohee)

thanks mzpakipot too! we love you! ^^

This is the reason why I "stopped" translating the commentaries in soompi - we were planning to sub it instead.

There will still be 4 more parts (and we are still trying to get the other extra features from the DVD to be ripped like interviews, bts, etc) from the commentary.

Those who wants to help us, please leave me a message. I roughly translated the videos, zin_90 translated it to Vietnamese and michellephan to English. ekangaroo spot translate it and fills out ALL the missing translations. Sohee helped me fill out and double check some more lines. I time, edit, qc, encode and upload it. I guess additional timers will be awesome! ^^

Part 1 makes me laugh so hard. Specially when they were making fun of Soo-In's inability to swim. :lol:

Hi yewong0!

First of all, thank you for your lovely post that I wished I could have more time to reply. Since I can't tonite, I just want to give you the link to download the English subbed CH just in case your downloading speed has improved. I'd be so happy to read that you did manage watching CH again, since your DVD set is away. By the way, this excellent subbing work was coordinated by *alodia* who is in charge of this very topic and provided another great work above.

I'll come back in a few days for more. Until then, GuMi forever. ^_^:wub:B)

Guest Tarits

@denali - your last sentence "Gumi forever "made me smile.   I saw your top 3 dramas, I know Family Honor has Lawyer Seo but I don't know about Bad Family and will search for it.   And yes, Dia as always did a wonderful job with the CH latest post in the facebook and here too and is again doing something nice in subbing the IAL drama. It would have been doubly nice if it were Suna in there but we can't do anything now.  At least Jo Guk's able assistant is there. 

Take care everyone!

Guest yatmun21

The commentary is superb.. thank you thank you thank you.. i have even shared the link with my two elder sisters.. They are fans of CHall too.. I wanted so much to continue spreading the love of CHall. I agree with Denali.. "GuMi forever" :wub::wub:

Guest nananaaa

Sorry, it took me ages to upload this... and will probably take quite some time to upload the next parts.

it's a collaboration among:

ekangaroo, zin_90, michellephan & me (and my friend sohee)

thanks mzpakipot too! we love you! ^^

This is the reason why I "stopped" translating the commentaries in soompi - we were planning to sub it instead.

There will still be 4 more parts (and we are still trying to get the other extra features from the DVD to be ripped like interviews, bts, etc) from the commentary.

Those who wants to help us, please leave me a message. I roughly translated the videos, zin_90 translated it to Vietnamese and michellephan to English. ekangaroo spot translate it and fills out ALL the missing translations. Sohee helped me fill out and double check some more lines. I time, edit, qc, encode and upload it. I guess additional timers will be awesome! ^^

awww... thank you so much for this! i've been waiting for alodia's continuation of her commentary translation but this is just great! huge thanks to the team who has been working on it. you guys are AWESOME!

Guest JoGuker

Thank you so much alodia! Gumi rocks forever ! ^_^

Now i am waiting greedily  for the other parts!!

What happened to CSW 's hair by the way? :lol:  And i did not know that Lee Hyung Chul had a crush on KSA and was desperately seeking to see her in a swimsuit   :P He is quite cute in this extract!

Guest nananaaa

i watched it last nite as soon as downloading was finished and i tried my best not to laugh so hard esp. the last part of the video (cause husband was sleeping already). it's so funny when csw and ksa was telling the story about them talking about why lhc was on the pool, "why is he here?" in a soft voice... *lol*

Guest *alodia*

Thank you so much alodia! Gumi rocks forever ! ^_^

Now i am waiting greedily  for the other parts!!

What happened to CSW 's hair by the way? :lol:  And i did not know that Lee Hyung Chul had a crush on KSA and was desperately seeking to see her in a swimsuit   :P He is quite cute in this extract!

:lol:

Can't believe that mzpakipot (and us) find CSW 'looking good' with that hair. I'm glad they thought of re-filming it.

omg! i can't breathe!! lol

our first look at our two leads!

http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=200903220848191001

200903220848191001_1.jpg

200903220848191001_2.jpg

suna looks very lovely and skinny!! wahhhhhh!!! it looks like Mi Rae is making kimchi? just a guess! lol

CSW looks good too!

http://www.asiae.co.kr/uhtml/read.jsp?idxno=2009032210533960129

they forgot that they re-filmed this scene too...

200903220848191001_1.jpg

cityhalle02kor090430hdt.jpg

I was actually doing some parts at the school library... at that time I don't know 조급 get which mean beginner... so i was caught off guard when PD Shin was trying to control his laughter when he said that Soo-In's swimming ability was very elementary. I wanted to laugh hard but i can't...

We'll try our best to sub the next parts soon... :)

Guest ebrigid

i totally forgot about those initial promo photos of CSW in that hairstyle! Thanks, Alodia, for searching for that from the history of the soompi City Hall pages :)

CSW looks like a real knave there....totally unlike what we now know Jo Guk to be. Glad he changed that hairstyle!

And of course, a big THANK YOU! to all (ekangaroo, zin_90, alodia, michellephan, sohee, mzpakipot) who helped to translate, time, upload the eng-subbed version of the DVD documentary. Really appreciate the time and effort all of you put through for this. I'll be on the look out for parts 2-5!!

Guest JoGuker

Hello cityhallers!

I was wondering: where can i download the song "smile"(i think it is the name of the merry happy song with a little bit of rap in it).I got the whole OST from BON subs  but it was not included .

Thanks for your help.

GUMI rocks :wub:  I think it is going to become my signature :P

EDIT:humm  i am not sure about the name of the song  but since i don't know korean language  :(.It is the song whose lyrics are the following:

okay i'll believe in myself

I'll live with that trust

even if living with trust makes you cry

okay i'll smile

I'll live with that smile

Guest nananaaa

Hello cityhallers!

I was wondering: where can i download the song "smile"(i think it is the name of the merry happy song with a little bit of rap in it).I got the whole OST from BON subs  but it was not included .

Thanks for your help.

GUMI rocks :wub:  I think it is going to become my signature :P

EDIT:humm  i am not sure about the name of the song  but since i don't know korean language  :(.It is the song whose lyrics are the following:

okay i'll believe in myself

I'll live with that trust

even if living with trust makes you cry

okay i'll smile

I'll live with that smile

@JoGuker

There's a complete list of the soundtrack here:

http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=266165&view=findpost&p=12393091

You can find a list of all the download links there too. The song that you mentioned is Useobwa 웃어봐 (Smile), which is track #5 in the OST.

Guest *alodia*

@JoGuker & nananaa

nananaa is right, all songs (either part of the ost or simply played on the drama - plus lyrics, translations, download links, etc) are on page one! ^^*

Yup, although there is a song titled "Smile " (useobwa), what JoGuker is referring to is Track 02 . Kurae Nareul Midja 그래 나를 믿자 (Okay, I'll Believe In Myself)

Quite strange that it was not included on the ost that you downloaded. It was the drama's main theme (i wouldn't be surprised if Saranghago Saranghamnida was not included in your download)... and did we (at BON) really uploaded the OST on our blogsite??? I can't remember doing that... :P

waves at ebrigid! read your email too... mianhaeyo procrastinating again to reply.. maybe tomorrow.. ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

Hi Alodia,

Just wondering, where's the link for the 2nd-5th part of the DVD's director's cut interview? Or, what is your facebook account so that i could just watch it - online streaming...

Thanks very much :)

City Hall Fighthing! hehehe

CITY HALL Director's Cut COMMENTARY

Part 01 of 05

english subbed

cityhall01engsubbedavi0.jpg

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5ETBPFQ7

You can also watch this on a 2-part streaming in my Facebook account.

If anyone wants to upload in youtube, I guess it's ok... just don't forget to give proper credits to the creators.

Part 1 makes me laugh so hard. Specially when they were making fun of Soo-In's inability to swim. :lol:

Guest JoGuker

@JoGuker & nananaa

nananaa is right, all songs (either part of the ost or simply played on the drama - plus lyrics, translations, download links, etc) are on page one! ^^*

Yup, although there is a song titled "Smile " (useobwa), what JoGuker is referring to is Track 02 . Kurae Nareul Midja 그래 나를 믿자 (Okay, I'll Believe In Myself)

Quite strange that it was not included on the ost that you downloaded. It was the drama's main theme (i wouldn't be surprised if Saranghago Saranghamnida was not included in your download)... and did we (at BON) really uploaded the OST on our blogsite??? I can't remember doing that... :P

waves at ebrigid! read your email too... mianhaeyo procrastinating again to reply.. maybe tomorrow.. ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

Mea culpa my mistake indeed i have it in the OST (not from BON SUB  indeed but from silent regrets ) but i was so much looping  "anxious love" in my ipod that i did not notice :P Indeed it is track 2.

Ah otoke otoke! I am trying to watch other dramas unsuccessfully: tried coffee house but hated the storyline and the characters, i am trying now " i am legend" but there is no real chemistry between the to-be lovers, the male lead(our soon in from city hall) does not have enough charisma and i can't help myself imagining kim sun ah playing the heroine!  :crazy:

Any good recent drama to advise while i am waiting for Athena dear cityhallers? Or is it an incurable desease to recover from city hall :huh:

@ yewong0!

I'm listening to Lee Joon Hyuk aka our dear Ha Son In singing from the "I am legend" drama while writing this comment. Our dear Jo Guk's assistant has grown so much since leaving Inju City. ^_^

First of all, welcome to this topic and thanks for sharing your story of how you have become a City Haller and also a City Stalker, as you have been spreading the CH love to your friends. :lol: ;)

It is always delightful to read how a new Inju inhabitant has crossed path with Shin Mi Rae and Jo Guk. Most often, the reason is s Kim Sun Ah's one-of-a-kind character Kim Sam Soon in the eponym drama that brought attention to CH, which is true in your case. You'll find many KSA fans here but mostly on her thread, which you may have already checked by now.

With her expertise, plus the other cast, the staff, the unusual storyline about politics, thus, the "City Hall" had all the ingredients, at least theoretically, to become a delicious cake - if I were to borrow SamSoon's images. But in the action, one never knows whether the actors will feel and express on-screen a connection with each other, if they will work well under the PD's way of directing and the writer's POV.

The results went beyond our wildest expectations, in fact, and GuMi was the cherry on that cake. No other drama has in my eyes been as good as CH, lest better, ever since although I did like a few family dramas (hence my signature) or bits of a few rom-coms.

I loled at your comment about your television set being unused - same here since I don't own any, just my cpu does it.

I've just finished my "Castle" marathon watching all season 1 and 2 with the sizzling dialogues and chemistry of "Rick and Kate", after watching the wonderful work by the ladies above. No other drama has done and I don't wanna dig in and be disappointed - the way I've been with most dramas ever since, from "Assorted Gems" (I know that Tarits unnie has a totally different POV on that), to "Coffee House", "Bad guy" or even "Prosecutor Princess" (late in the show, the lead still felt uncomfortable at times).

How about that week-end trip to Spore: did you manage to get your DVD set back? Maybe you're currently watching it? Hope so or oppseo? :lol: (Korean humor, here - sorry, couldn't help it)

@ Tarits

Oh so you did watch "Family honor"???? How did you like it? Why am I asking, now? I'm sure you must have loved it since "Seo In Woo" acted there! :P I provided you with the links for "Bad family" on your fb account, unnie. Hope they don't get deleted and that you will enjoy the fun, as well as the acting skills.

I agree with you on IAL because although I agree with ockoala (on thundie's blog) that KJE's acting skills have improved, I just can't help feeling that something is wrong. I've already mentionned her "revival ahjumma" outfit and looks and being naive at court on the other topic, but I'm also feeling that she isn't clicking with our Ha Son In who is turning from cute to handsome, indeed. I am most certain that KSA would have done better, but she had her reasons, and maybe the end of the drama will prove us that she made the right decision. By that, I mean that if she for instance had acted in the (*#@/!%) "Bad guy" drama, it wouldn't have looked good for her come-back, imo.

@ *alodia*

I've watched the subbed comments yesterday evening - it was such a treat!!! :wub: About Lee Jun Hyuk's unability to swim (which is hard to understand for me because it's kinda mandatory for children around my place), like I told Tarits unnie on FB, I'm a good swimmer thus I would have been delighted to teach him how-to. My offer is still on as he might need to swim in a next drama/movie, just like Lee Min Ho had to learn in order to be the one to save his beloved Gum Jan Di and not any other guy. :lol:

Frankly, I felt that everybody was enjoying themselves making fun of LHC greedy to see KSA in her swimsuit and of CSW's haircut. In particular, I remember the DC inside fan saying that if it weren't for that hair, she wouldn't have been in the room with them. :lol:

I miss them all too. :tears: I would really love to see most of them together again for another drama, but a different kind - I don't find sequels to be a good idea.

@ yatmun21

Hi! Your older sisters must be thankful for their dong-saeng to offer them such a nice present and it must be awesome sharing about CHall between siblings!

@ JoGuker

I'm afraid that the "City Hall" disease is incurable. For adult dramas, you might want to try "Prosecutor princess" and "9 ends 2 out", although the skinship is awkward, to me.

If you're looking for mature movies instead of dramas, I recommend:

- 2 old movies with Lee Jung Jae: "Il mare" that Hollywood copied and turned into "the lake house" with Keanu Reeves and Sandra Bullock and "An affair" with Lee Mi Sook (their chemistry is hawt, hawt, hawt).

- 2 not-too-old movies with Jung Wu Sung (aka "my man" according to Tarits unnie blush.gif :lol: :wub: ) : "A moment to remember" (get ready to shed some tears, the ending could be described as happiness in the sadness) and "A season of good rain" (the ending is much happier there). I'm mentionning the ending because for some viewers (such as myself), it is very relevant, thus it might be to you too. ;)

About Athena, I try to avoid the topic as much as possible, because the mere stills of Jung Wu Sung hugging Lee Ji Ah had me cringed and the BTS of him kissing Su Ae almost broke my heart. I need to protect myself, you know.  I'll just wait for others to let me know, once it's over.

Guest JoGuker

@ JoGuker

I'm afraid that the "City Hall"  disease is incurable. For adult dramas, you might want to try  "Prosecutor princess" and "9 ends 2 out", although the skinship is  awkward, to me.

If you're looking for mature movies instead of dramas, I recommend:

- 2 old movies with Lee Jung Jae: "Il mare" that Hollywood copied and turned into "the lake house" with Keanu Reeves and Sandra Bullock and "An affair" with Lee Mi Sook (their chemistry is hawt, hawt, hawt).

- 2 not-too-old movies with Jung Wu Sung (aka "my man" according to Tarits unnie blush.gif :lol: :wub:  ) : "A moment to remember" (get ready to shed some tears, the ending  could be described as happiness in the sadness) and "A season of good  rain" (the ending is much happier there). I'm mentionning the ending  because for some viewers (such as myself), it is very relevant, thus it might be to you too. ;)

About  Athena, I try to avoid the topic as much as possible, because the mere  stills of Jung Wu Sung hugging Lee Ji Ah had me cringed and the BTS of him kissing Su Ae almost broke my heart. I need to protect myself, you know.  I'll just wait for others to let me know, once it's over.

Hi Denali! Thanks for sharing but unfrotunately i already watched the majority of the movies and dramas you are advising  :sweatingbullets: I gues we must have pretty much the same taste!

"A moment to remember" i remember how much i cried  but poetic and touching movie, " 9 ends 2 out": i really liked the maturity of this drama but nothing compares to the animal magnetism of JoGuk  :wub:, "prosecutor princess": had no expectations about this one but was happilly suprised to keep going although the leading lady made me cringe sometimes but lawyer stalker seo was funny and handsome, "il mare": i loved it(but not the awful tasteless remake).

I still have to watch" an affair": was on my list from a long time!

Thanks again denali!

GUMI Rocks.

Archived