[drama 2009] The City Hall 시티홀

Guest *alodia*

Hi Denali! Thanks for sharing but unfrotunately i already watched the majority of the movies and dramas you are advising  :sweatingbullets: I gues we must have pretty much the same taste!

"A moment to remember" i remember how much i cried  but poetic and touching movie, " 9 ends 2 out": i really liked the maturity of this drama but nothing compares to the animal magnetism of JoGuk  :wub:, "prosecutor princess": had no expectations about this one but was happilly suprised to keep going although the leading lady made me cringe sometimes but lawyer stalker seo was funny and handsome, "il mare": i loved it(but not the awful tasteless remake).

I still have to watch" an affair": was on my list from a long time!

Thanks again denali!

GUMI Rocks.

Hi JoGuker,

Hey, hey, indeed you have good tastes and we share common POV, except that I find that JWS's charisma matches CSW's. I completely fell for him because of "A moment to remember" and after Tarits providing me with an interview of him.  :wub:

Frankly, after watching so many k-dramas where the cast barely touch, even lips, I really couldn't believe my eyes while viewing "An affair". At one point, you will hear Francis Cabrel singing a duet in Spanish, "Yo vengo a ofrecer my corazon" (I'm coming to offer you my heart) and with this music, I bet that you will shed tears too.

Let me add a few more titles, just in case:

- 2 movies with Uhm Jung Hwa = "Seducing Mr Perfect" with hawtie Daniel Henney and "Mr Handy" with Kim Ju Hyuk;

- "Goong" otherwise Tarits unnie's gonna be mad at me, lol. This features much younger cast, with one in particular who needs to take more acting classes, but the settings are impressive, as well as the wardrobe and music. The lead couple is getting cuter along the way, thus feel free to "FF" as much as you want in between, lol.

You might like "Que sera sera" with MNIKSS's cheating boyfriend and Shinhwa's Eric -- the storyline is quite unusual and the ending so-so. ;)

Sinead O'Connor once sang that "Nothing compares to you", but Denali says: "Nothing compares to GuMi". :wub::lol:

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest *alodia*

:)

Wow! So happy to see this thread is still breathing... ^^*

@ realistic2280

Chwesonghaeyo... mianhaeyo... i'm sorry...

there's no parts 2-5 yet... we are still working on it... sorry... really busy... will try to finish the rest really soon. but have TOPIK exam by mid September, projects and papers due by the end of September, and finals by october... wish i can do more after the semester ends. have tons to sub (apart from the documentary, but that's the priority). anyway, we'll keep you guys posted here once we're done.

and feel free to add me in facebook: alodia4448@@yahoo.com just please leave a message and introduce yourself. i don't accept request from people i don't know. >.<

Mea culpa my mistake indeed i have it in the OST (not from BON SUB  indeed but from silent regrets ) but i was so much looping  "anxious love" in my ipod that i did not notice :P Indeed it is track 2.

Ah otoke otoke! I am trying to watch other dramas unsuccessfully: tried coffee house but hated the storyline and the characters, i am trying now " i am legend" but there is no real chemistry between the to-be lovers, the male lead(our soon in from city hall) does not have enough charisma and i can't help myself imagining kim sun ah playing the heroine!  :crazy:

Any good recent drama to advise while i am waiting for Athena dear cityhallers? Or is it an incurable desease to recover from city hall :huh:

Haha! You reminds me so much of myself. But I'm looping "saranghago saranghamnida" for a very long time. Now i have my player back to random songs, but as soon as it plays 'saranghago...' i will loop it again and again... >.<

Your question regarding any other good drama has been the question of every city haller i know. Anyone has an answer yet? it's been more than a year, but still nothing compares to city hall for me either...

i remember really having a difficult time moving on. time doesn't permit me to watch as many dramas as i want to, but i always have a drama in tow... but after city hall i can't seem to watch any...

i think i just moved on after a year... other cityhaller's suggestion is to watch a different genre first. so i watched some horror dramas (Soul), and i re-watch HIT (crime investigation) and then i helped subbing Life Special Investigation Team (another crime investigation) then Kyeong Suk, Kyeong Suk’s Father (period comedy). On Air revived romantic comedy to me (i like it because i used to work in tv prod), then The Women Who Still Wants To Marry afterwards - nothing special, but i just can relate. i rewatched some old dramas (What's up fox?) and watch Queen Seon Deok... i tried watching Worlds Within when it was halted due to a trip to Taiwan... and i was stuck again with city hall... i did not pick up Worlds Within again and just re-watch city hall. watching Gourmet now and loving it... subbing I Am Legend... hmm... im happy that i'm liking it despite the fact that i was expecting to hate it. i think KJE did a great job because i really hate her (and her dramas) even if she's ksa's bestfriend. she just annoys me so much. but was surprise that i wasn't a bit annoyed with her in IAL - when i was really expecting to be so annoyed with her... but just like any other ksa fan, every 5 mins i imagine what if it's ksa...

aigoo i'm rambling... sorry... i just miss ksa and city hall so much!!

waah! is that epyc i'm seeing? hi dear!!! :)

Guest JoGuker

ahah denali :D indeed oin most of the kdramas "skinship" as they say is very light  and the number of good kissers can be counted on one hand :lol:

But i noticed that in the korean movies they are not that shy and you often may have even erotic scenes: i guess the dramas address a more "familial" audience but that does not explain why there are not more "mature" dramas even under the fairytale umbrella like cityhall.

Again i have already  watched what you mention(tald you i am hooked since 5-6 years on asian cinema and dramas :P)

-Goong: i watched it a long time ago was enjoyable despite some missing acting skills but i am not sure i can rewatch it (unlike MNKMSS)

-Seducing MR perfect: daniel henney gives me sinful toughts and the film was light and quite enjoyable but yet another movie that can easily be forgotten, and Mr henney still has a lot to learn in terms of acting despite the killer smile.

-Mr handy: did not try it

-que sera sera: i am afraid of the cast although a lot of blogs mentionned that it is worth viewing(and i hate so much KSS ex cheater-lover that i am not sure i can rewatch him in another piece of work :D)

BTW i agree with you regarding JWS charisma don't worry he's a great actor! And so manly with a touch of mistery in his eyes, gives you a feeling of danger and attraction . Hmm My hormones are speaking again  for me :sweatingbullets:

Did u watch "daisy" with JWS?

Guest JoGuker

aha alodia  :lol: Thanks for sharing your adventures post-cityhall.

I guess we are all sick  and we all miss KSA,CSW and the cityhall atmosphere so much.

I agree that KJE is doing a fair job in " i am legend" but still  i used to hate her acting in her previous dramas and like you i keep imagining what KSA would do in each scene: i am becoming crazy  :sweatingbullets:

I am annoyed by the male leads though even if it is nice to see "our soon in" from city hall growing up and taking a major role: he' s still missing somekind of charisma, or maybe is it me since i keep comparing him to JWS  and CSW.

ahah denali :D indeed oin most of the kdramas "skinship" as they say is very light  and the number of good kissers can be counted on one hand :lol:

LOL

And the nominees are: Cha Seung Won in "the City Hall", Lee Jung Jae in "An affair", Jung Wu Sung in "A moment to remember", Jo In Sung in "What happened in Bali", Ju Ji Hun in "Goong". And the winner is...: the female viewer. :lol:

But i noticed that in the korean movies they are not that shy and you often may have even erotic scenes: i guess the dramas address a more "familial" audience but that does not explain why there are not more "mature" dramas even under the fairytale umbrella like cityhall.

Speaking of umbrella and hormones, didn't you just love in "Seducing Mr Perfect" when Daniel Henney and Uhm Jung Hwa were sitting on the bench and it started raining, how he offered to lend her his umbrella which was in his hotel room? That's what I name a well-disguised proposal. lol It must have been hard for UJH to resist the temptation, huh? LOL

Daniel Henney is starring in a new drama thus we'll get to see if his acting and hangul skills have improved - get ready and send your husband away, JoGuker! :P

About "que sera sera", i too hated so much KSS ex cheater-lover but he is totally different there and he even looks manly - yeah, I know this might look like a lie but it's not.

If you wanna try another kind of chemistry, I have become a Castle fan - a US TV series with detective Kate Beckett and crime novelist Richard Castle. :wub:

Btw, would you recommend any other drama or movie that I haven't already mentionned with a happy ending, cuz I'm a sucker for that?

Jung Wu Sung? Ah là là... You have hit my Achilles' heel. blush.gif :wub:  I still have to watch him in "The good, the bad, the weird" (I know, shame on me) and he will attend Venice Festival this coming September 1st for his latest movie, "Reign of Assassin" (not seen either, yet). Hey, you wouldn't happen to attend that event, by any chance, cuz I'd be glad to fit in your luggage? I'm completely fantasizing over meeting him there although I'm working, kinda broke right now and a beginner at hangul - tho I do know the basics ("Mianhae Jung Wu Sung shi, keundae saranghaeyo" :lol:). At least I can resort to English and tell him my admiration, f I don't fangirl too much, and how I wish for him to have new challenges ahead in the movie industry or wherever he'd like. Cuz I do differentiate the character from the actor/producer (have you watched "Maybe"?) and as much as I loved his characters in "A moment to remember" and "A season of good reason", I find the person to be so different and even more interesting. *sighing heavily*

Edit: about "Daisy", I first watched the last episode and decided not to view the previous ones - I just can not stand sad endings thus I do my best to avoid getting involved in a story that ends that way, as much as possible.

@ *alodia*:

After reading a few comments here as well as on CSW's and KSA's topics, I feel like a lot of us, old City Hallers, even though I had joined this thread late, have come to reminisce our precious memories together. It's already been a year indeed and no other drama has stirred so much in us the way that Kim Eun Sook, Shin Wu Shul, Cha Seung Won and Kim Sun Ha have managed to. Saying so, I'm currently listening to my iphone with my fave OST songs and Horan is singing "Booranhan sarang". Reminds me of how much I used to practice this song back then, not understanding much, needing so much time to remember the sounds, so that I would be able to perform in singing class.

Subbing the DVD bonuses is quite a precious gift, Dia. Thank you and thanks to the whole team. I didn't buy the set and didn't see any, and suddenly it sheds a different light on the drama, a deeper and warmer side to it. I'm loving it, seeing the cast discussing technical stuff as well as secrets - such as Lee Jun Hyuk's unability to swim or CSW's haircut. Btw, when he starts giving his first impression of KSA, which is WOW, she doesn't look at him at all. I feel like she is impressed, a bit uncomfortable too with his commendable words and he senses it so well that he tries to lighten things up thru cracking a joke on how handsome he was. Her very first answer did puzzle me as if she in fact was much under his charms, at least at first. And when she called him oppa, it reminded me of their only scene together when she utters that same word to him, in the hotel lounge when he pretends that he can't hold it any longer and she agrees to join him in his room, right before the former bada** boyfriend and her junior. :lol:

Guest Tarits

@Alodia, denali, JoGuker - boy, I sure enjoyed reading our exchange of posts this Sunday morning. Interesting posts you 3 made. Just a short note to denali - thanks for including and posting about Goong and Jihun (lest I cry) but you do know now and Dia that it was CHall that is instrumental in what I am now and what I have become that really turned my otherwise normal life into one crazy abnormal normal life. But I also wanted to say that my husband first watched Il Mare in english (with Keanu and SB) and asked me to find the original dvd which I quickly did, bought the original Japanese (or is it korean since I have forgotten) and my husband kept on watching it. Now I am happy he did not get addicted into kdramas like me. Seriously, he never will (american movies for him only) because he knows one addicted in our household is enough!  I was and still is in love with the OST of CHall and thanks to Dia who sent me Saranghago since it is not included in the OST. I thought this thread was moving kinda very slow now but with denali and JoGuker, this thread is as Dia said, breathing and quiet heavily too. Good.

Gotta leave for church now.

Guest JoGuker

OMO omo ; IF  only i could speak korean i would sure help Alodia  to sub the rest of this really interresting exchange between our beloved cityhall stakeholders.

Btw girls  i know i am weird  and sometimes i pay attention to some silly details  but did you notice that CSW has some kind of problem with his canines: they seem too long and sharp like a vampire or something. :mellow: Also i prefer when he does not have such a long fringe that hides these felin sexy eyes  tongue2.gif

I also noticed the shyness of sun ah in front of him: was kind of touching but the man has so much charisma that he firmly and frankly drives the overall   discussion! a born leader :D

@Alodia, denali, JoGuker - boy, I sure enjoyed reading our exchange of posts this Sunday morning. Interesting posts you 3 made. Just a short note to denali - thanks for including and posting about Goong and Jihun (lest I cry) but you do know now and Dia that it was CHall that is instrumental in what I am now and what I have become that really turned my otherwise normal life into one crazy abnormal normal life.

I'm glad we did bring some sunshine into your life this morning, unnie. :) I am well aware of CHall's influence in your life, first of all because I was there when you first came to this thread :P and later on when I realized the effect on you, but wanted to let you share it here and there to whoever you would want to. ;)

But I also wanted to say that my husband first watched Il Mare in english (with Keanu and SB) and asked me to find the original dvd which I quickly did' date=' bought the original Japanese (or is it korean since I have forgotten) and my husband kept on watching it. Now I am happy he did not get addicted into kdramas like me. Seriously, he never will (american movies for him only) because he knows one addicted in our household is enough![/quote']

Muah ah ah. On the other hand, it would be so much fun if your hubby was like much into KJE or KSA or Park Shi Yeon or whoever and would keep teasing you about her. You'd have pretty interesting evenings watching dramas. :lol:

Guest *alodia*

Btw girls  i know i am weird  and sometimes i pay attention to some silly details  but did you notice that CSW has some kind of problem with his canines: they seem too long and sharp like a vampire or something. :mellow: Also i prefer when he does not have such a long fringe that hides these felin sexy eyes  tongue2.gif

I also noticed the shyness of sun ah in front of him: was kind of touching but the man has so much charisma that he firmly and frankly drives the overall   discussion! a born leader :D

Those canines (and yet another weird hairstyle) he was sporting is, i guess for a movie he's filming at the time the documentary was filmed... i actually really hate it that time... i mean, it would be lovelier when if he appeared more similar to JO GUK in the commentaries. But I was so glad when, later on, on the SBS awards nights, he sported an appearance more similar to Jo Guk.

And we all know that KSA is really a shy person, especially when being praised... i would be really shy too if someone compliments me - and is sitting beside me at that...

And yeah, CSW can drive the discussion. And for that I think KSA found a real match. It used to be HER doing that.. .. GUMI... i miss you~ ^^*

Guest Tarits

JoGuker, Denali - Dia is right, those fangs of Jo Guk was for a movie he was doing then and I think that was when he was promoting Like the Moon etc.  In this movie which I have seen, there were close up shots of his face and with his teeth shown. Before I thought he was kinda playing and liking the vampire trend but read it was for a movie he was filming. 

Denali -  unfortunately, or fortunately for me, hubby is into american movies and likes comedies and stand up comic shows only. So I have kdramas all to myself only.   Now that my dream of a real romance between KSA and CSW has passed (remember so many City Hallers fantasized about the two ending for real, someone even dreamt CSW divorced his wife to be with Suna) I have the same observations like you when CSW was praising Suna and Dia clarified that Suna is really shy.  Oh if only these 2 can have another project which CSW did say that he wish he may do another one with her. If it does happen - it will break all drama box office record!

It is good to read that after over a year, many more who discovers CHall fall in love with the drama. Some facebook friends who are young who have watched now finds it difficult to get out of the CH syndrome. They failed to read the warning: Watch at your own risk! Yes, it is the best adult romance drama  because the lead actors were excellent actors and also because of the PD and the writer. Add the OST and it is really a perfect drama for me.

At the end of the year, I asked Dia which drama and which couple we should root for to win awards and Dia quickly answered:  No one!

But now for the drama in the action category, Athena may be in the running and of course this will make Denali and etee7114 very happy. And of course all citizens of Inju City.

Guest JoGuker

:D  Haha cityhallers! Did you see that the thailand police has been inspired by Inju civil servants and has performed a danse choreography on "sorry sorry " as well?

Here is the news:

http://www.tannetwor...?DataID=1033514

I still have to find the video on youtube but i am @ work right now and you tube is banned in my workplace tongue2.gif

JoGuker, Denali - Dia is right, those fangs of Jo Guk was for a movie he was doing then and I think that was when he was promoting Like the Moon etc.  In this movie which I have seen, there were close up shots of his face and with his teeth shown. Before I thought he was kinda playing and liking the vampire trend but read it was for a movie he was filming.

Tarits: thanks for providing the explanation, unnie. I was kinda wondering. ;)

But now for the drama in the action category, Athena may be in the running and of course this will make Denali and etee7114 very happy. And of course all citizens of Inju City.

Well, it's true that I'm excited about CSW acting in Athena, because he will undoubtedly blow us away as usual with his charisma ^_^, however, unnie, I am not too happy about JWS with Su Ae nor Lee Ji Ah. But you know that, don't you. ;)

@ JoGuker

The first time that I did watch the CHall routine, I didn't know anything about Super Junior at all and just like you, was so happily suprised to see these inmates do the same dance. ^_^

Here's for you: Super Junior's original routine ;).

Btw, I just love your current signature. B)

Hmm... I might watch CH again tonite. :wub:

Guest JoGuker

aha denali same here: discovered super junior with city hall and did not know that choi si won was part of that :rolleyes:

The thailand police imitation is so funny B): can't imagine that being done in belgium although it is the home country of surrealisme :lol:

Thanks for appreciating my signature: i am initially a fan of tango that i find so sensual and to see it in city hall  with our dear gumi was a dream come true :rolleyes: For me tango is the quintessence of sensuality and "skinship" between a man and a woman although it was initially a men dance!

Speaking about tango did you guys see the tango rehearsal in the behind the scenes of city hall?(no did not read all the 400 pages of this thread yet to check ;))

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Tvp28Wi7ZHM

And still about tango(speaking about loopholes in fairytales) i wonder how the initially hopeless shi mi rae learned how to dance Tango in a a city such as Inju :phew:

Guest Tarits

JoGuker - thanks for the link of SJunior famous Sorry sorry dance that is widely copied by many worldwide, I guess. I am a fan of SJunior and will be seeing them perform live come September 4th here in LA.  and I hope they do this number in their repertoire. By the way, did you know that CSW was supposed to dance too, but beg off (probably after a few practice) and told the director he does not know how to dance.  I think he knows, but was kinda shy about it.  There are so many bts in youtube about several scenes in CHall that's so interesting to see and know!  And the NG's of course are kinda many too, like that restaurant scene with the former crush of Mi-Rae!  There CSW made his own adlib and well it was used and came out well.  Suna is a good dancer and she can dance well. Google her tango dance with Rain which was a hit before. Your profile pic is similar to what I originally used until I changed it to one that shows my fave royal couple. It is one of the nicest photo of the GuMi couple really.  I hope I can see CSW in a movie where he will appear clean cut, well shaven and nicely donning 3-piece suits again. In his movie Secret, he was rugged and not suave at all. But then, that was called for in his role there.  Let us see how he will look in Athena, I am sure he will be wearing suits in a couple of scenes. I hope.

Another revelation about CSW, I am sure he had teeth reconstruction to correct I believe two teeth there were misaligned. I saw his lower teeth in his earlier movies. I think this caused his jawline to be more prominent. I also think his eyelids were corrected as before, he did not have deep set eyes, which he now have. Nonetheless it should  not bother us because movies stars really need to look good.  

@denali - in this year's SBS drama awards, if EunHye's drama will reach this year's showing, she may be in the running.   I guess I will be more excited this year because there will be no stress as CSW and Suna are not vying for any award.  Furthermore, I am now able to recognize more k actors whereas last year, I only know a handful!  So I will stay late come Dec. 31st to see who wins.  For fave couple, I am sure PP actors or CHouse actors may be nominated. If EunHye and Jihun had a project, I am sure they will win hands down. Maybe in 2012.

As for Athena, CSW will be intense, JWS will be cool.  And both will drive their fans to hysteria!  LOL!

So friends - let us continue to guess if the GuMi couple will ever pair again now or in the near future. Maybe yes, maybe no.

Guest JoGuker

JoGuker - thanks for the link of SJunior famous Sorry sorry dance that is widely copied by many worldwide, I guess. I am a fan of SJunior and will be seeing them perform live come September 4th here in LA.  and I hope they do this number in their repertoire. By the way, did you know that CSW was supposed to dance too, but beg off (probably after a few practice) and told the director he does not know how to dance.  I think he knows, but was kinda shy about it.  There are so many bts in youtube about several scenes in CHall that's so interesting to see and know!  And the NG's of course are kinda many too, like that restaurant scene with the former crush of Mi-Rae!  There CSW made his own adlib and well it was used and came out well.  Suna is a good dancer and she can dance well. Google her tango dance with Rain which was a hit before. Your profile pic is similar to what I originally used until I changed it to one that shows my fave royal couple. It is one of the nicest photo of the GuMi couple really.  I hope I can see CSW in a movie where he will appear clean cut, well shaven and nicely donning 3-piece suits again. In his movie Secret, he was rugged and not suave at all. But then, that was called for in his role there.  Let us see how he will look in Athena, I am sure he will be wearing suits in a couple of scenes. I hope.

Another revelation about CSW, I am sure he had teeth reconstruction to correct I believe two teeth there were misaligned. I saw his lower teeth in his earlier movies. I think this caused his jawline to be more prominent. I also think his eyelids were corrected as before, he did not have deep set eyes, which he now have. Nonetheless it should  not bother us because movies stars really need to look good.  

Hello Tarits: yeah it is obvious that he did something to his jaws, about his eyes did not know :mellow: The thing is that for me  it is his "animal side" that is attractive: the voice, the way he walks, the way he plays with his eyes etcc+ the acting. It is the whole hidden "dangerousness" that for me makes him so sexy.

Even if i am on fangirl mode when talking about CSW or CH I am not so naive to believe that our man is not  too  self conscious of his good looks  or even that his marriage is perfect: it is obvious that stars do everything possible to provide a "clean" happy-shiny  image whereas all married people know that there is no such thing as a perfect marriage ;) I also doubt it that being married so young he never had any temptation outside wedlock: come on life is not a fairytale.

But for me that does not matter: i admire his work first , his sexiness second without any moral judgment. One stare and i would forgive him for anything :sweatingbullets:

ps: i love his clean classy  look from  CH and the man seems to be born to wear a suit but i think he would be sexy as well with a savage wild look in a bad lonely guy role, something like the korean "clint eastwoord"  :D

CSW if you ever read this(yeag daydreaming) and given the fact that i read about your excellent tastes regarding some foreign movies please consider playing a kickass wild savage role :D

Guest Tarits

JoGuker  - your comment re CSW and the way he carries suits is straight from Suna's lips, right?  I think he is tops in adult k actors when it comes to wearing suits and yes, I always say that even the way he walks or strides is sexy!  As for marrying so young,well it is now a closed book that he was linked to a young actress whose name I can't recall and who is now married.  So never mind now. 

The teaser promo of Athena with JWS is so good and I expect another one will soon be out - this time with CSW in it.

Okay, short post only this time.  See you chingus again tomorrow or whenever.

hi Tarits and JoGuker. Sorry ladies, because I won't have time tonite to answer your previous comments but I was really mad after reading an article on dramabeans. I haven't even eaten yet, got back late from the office but hey some emergencies demand sacrifices. ^_^

excl.gif ANNOUNCEMENT excl.gif

I know that everyone is entitled to their opinon but I feel like we should voice our POV on this dramabeans topic where Javabeans states the following about writer Kim Eun Sook and City Hall:

"But the writer? Haaate. I don’t think she’s a horrible writer; it’s a case of her style just not working for me. I’m willing to concede that City Hall might possibly be a good drama, even if I couldn’t get into it. But I hated On Air. Was turned off by the WTF ending of Lovers in Paris. HATED Lovers. Hate her super-slick dialogue that uses so very many words to say so very little."

City Hall fighting! :ph34r:

Guest JoGuker

Just replied quickly on dramabeans but could not make it that effiscient because like you i was mad tongue2.gif:D(crazy fan girl mode on)

Did not watch previous dramas of the writer but i believe CH can redeem her whatever she's been doing in the past. :P

Archived