[drama 2009] The City Hall 시티홀

Guest *alodia*

Guest kht2015

This is my favorite drama of Cha Seung Won. I love him and Kim Sun Ah together, wonderful wonderful chemistry. I love Greatest Love too but I still think the chemistry is better in City Hall. Cha Seung Won has such an expressive face. Kim Sun Ah is such a great comedian and actress. This must be my top 5 or 10 of K dramas.

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't have much hopes since this drama aired sooo long ago, but...

Can someone upload a zip file of the official photos from the sbs site? I've tried visiiting the site but it doesn't allow right-clicks/saving. =( And those shared in the older posts are all broken-lnks.

Would appreciate if anyone can help!!! Thanks!

first, i saw CSW on Athena. he was a really good actor in it. it didn't strike me how versatile and great of an actor until i saw his other dramas. then, i was curious how he would pull off a romantic comedy in Greatest Love. wow, what a great actor to transition of action/villain role to romantic comedy. he was so believable in Greatest Love. all this lead me to City Hall, which is his best drama so far. the chemistry between him and KSA was amazing. it did help that the story/plot was so strong. i will definitely watch any of his future drama now.

I don't have much hopes since this drama aired sooo long ago, but...

Can someone upload a zip file of the official photos from the sbs site? I've tried visiiting the site but it doesn't allow right-clicks/saving. =( And those shared in the older posts are all broken-lnks.

Would appreciate if anyone can help!!! Thanks!

hey karened, baidu houses a good collection of the official photos. (not sure if they've got all, but I presume so)

enjoy!

Hi karened, are you looking for pics from the drama City Hall?

Just saw some official pics from Scent of a Woman's fb and

I think you can see pics from City Hall as well. Try it and I do

hope that you can find what you need.

http://search.sbs.co.kr/search.jsp?start=0&sort=DATE&sortOrder=1&ex&field&date&collection=image&query=%B1%E8%BC%B1%BE%C6&excate&exsect&exdate&exfilter&exsearch&detail=0&isSubPage=1&searchkeyword=%B1%E8%BC%B1%BE%C6

Hi everyone. I'm on episode 18 of the drama but I can't get a song from episode 17 out of my head. I was wondering if anyone can identify (maybe even share?) it. It doesn't seem to be on the OST? I probably just have bad ears though :P It starts at 49:33 here.

Guest ada4ever

Hi everyone. I'm on episode 18 of the drama but I can't get a song from episode 17 out of my head. I was wondering if anyone can identify (maybe even share?) it. It doesn't seem to be on the OST? I probably just have bad ears though :P It starts at 49:33 here.

It could be "Loving, Loving You" by Park Sang Woo. I'm not sure if it is the song you were looking for.

Guest chloe_addict

After I finished watching The Greatest Love, I definitely developed a crush on CSW. So I decided to watch City Hall to get my CSW fix. And oh my gosh, can he get even more handsome like he was in City Hall? blush.gif I'm only on episode 8, but I love this drama so far. His chemistry with KSA was excellent, I think even better than with the leading actress in TGL.

Guest etee7114

After I finished watching The Greatest Love, I definitely developed a crush on CSW. So I decided to watch City Hall to get my CSW fix. And oh my gosh, can he get even more handsome like he was in City Hall? blush.gif I'm only on episode 8, but I love this drama so far. His chemistry with KSA was excellent, I think even better than with the leading actress in TGL.

Hi jiggapeas,

I'm pleased to know that you're liking City Hall so far and welcome to this thread. Keep watching and do come back here to relay to us how you feel about the entire drama. I've watched many dramas after CH, but none of the leads' chemistry can top the chemistry between CSW and KSA in the last 2 years. CSW was alright but I think GHJ could not match up to his intensity. Plus CSW's character in CH was soooo much more interesting than in BL.

Happy watching!!

hi jiggapeas,

welcome to the city hall thread!

i second what etee7114 says - i haven't found a drama ever since City Hall ended to match up in terms of script quality, intensity, acting and chemistry.

i consider myself really lucky to have hopped on the bandwagon when the show was airing, cos i would have missed so much!

and yes, i think majority of the people who actually watched City Hall would agree that CSW's chemistry with KSA exceeds that of with GHJ by very much.

you're only at episode 8 and u're only in love with the drama, wait till u get to about ep12 & onwards....fantastic fantastic show.

even after so long i still revisit the drama, and this lovely home of City Hall at Soompi's....

seems like CSW and KSA can't quite forget this project too, along with Writer Kim...let's hope they collaborate on something again.

there was some talks awhile ago saying a season 2 might really be happening...but that's still all at the hearsay level.

maybe when CSW goes to taiwan, the City Hall fans there can grill him on our behalf on the status of CH2.. :)

Guest chloe_addict

Thank you all for the warm welcome! I'm very excited to discover City Hall for the first time after being swooned by the oh so handsome Cha Seung Won in TGL. :wub:

Keep watching and do come back here to relay to us how you feel about the entire drama. I've watched many dramas after CH, but none of the leads' chemistry can top the chemistry between CSW and KSA in the last 2 years. CSW was alright but I think GHJ could not match up to his intensity. Plus CSW's character in CH was soooo much more interesting than in BL.

Even though I'm only on episode 8 of CH, I can already tell the complexity of this drama as compared to the more light-hearted (& simplicity) of TGL. I feel that CSW's character has more dimensions in CH and so CSW's brilliant acting really comes through, especially since there's a strong female lead with KSA. I will definitely keep you all posted what I think of this drama as I continue on watching!

seems like CSW and KSA can't quite forget this project too, along with Writer Kim...let's hope they collaborate on something again.

there was some talks awhile ago saying a season 2 might really be happening...but that's still all at the hearsay level.

maybe when CSW goes to taiwan, the City Hall fans there can grill him on our behalf on the status of CH2.. :)

That would be amazing if there were a season 2 of CH! When is CSW going to Taiwan? Is it for promoting TGL or for something else?

so happy to see so many comments in this thread!!! because i do love City Hall with all my heart. Best drama and Best couple ever!!!! i only regret i didn't discover it earlier.

i don't like to compare City Hall with Best Love cause i love them both.. i know that KSA and CSW chemistry is better than GHJ and CSW (in fact it's matchless) but i think i like Dokko Jin better than Jo Guk... but then Jo Guk is so sexy and romantic that i'm a mess and couldn't decide... i won't decide between the 2.

thanks for the official stills links. going to check if i'm missing one

i don't like 2d parts but just to see KSA and CSW together again would be awesome!!!

See you City Hallers!!!!!

Edit:

This is reposted from CSW's thread, thanks to shyangz:

here's another wallpaper friendly photo from kim sun ah's me2day

Resized to 67% (was 1024 x 665) - Click image to enlargesunnys_scent_1309519993_06086.jpg

she uploaded this 'cos after much waiting, begging on her own me2day, with her greatest patience *lol* cha seung won finally gave her a call... she also thanked an unnie for making this happen, i think she might be referring to his wife? laugh.gif wonder how many more jo guk photos she has in her secret stash... cool.gif

and here are some funny pics of CSW and KSA i found in dcgall....

sunnys_scent_1309437562_92411.jpg

Sorry for bothering all of you again but I keep wondering where I can download English subtitle for 20 episodes of City Hall? I've watched it many times in Vietnamese sub but it's only SD now I have in hand the 720p HQ version, I would like to put English subtitle for those HD ones. Please kindly let me know about English sub for this drama? Thanks in advance your kind supports! I have been waiting for the drama Scents of a woman of Kim Sun Ah and Lee Dong Wook too.

Guest chloe_addict

Sorry for bothering all of you again but I keep wondering where I can download English subtitle for 20 episodes of City Hall? I've watched it many times in Vietnamese sub but it's only SD now I have in hand the 720p HQ version, I would like to put English subtitle for those HD ones. Please kindly let me know about English sub for this drama? Thanks in advance your kind supports! I have been waiting for the drama Scents of a woman of Kim Sun Ah and Lee Dong Wook too.

Hi! I'm not sure if this answers your question but for streaming English subs of City Hall's 20 episodes, you can watch them at Viki.com

But as to where to download them, maybe the other veterans here can better assist you.

PS- I'm also excited for Scent of a Woman since I haven't seen Lee Dong Wook since My Girl and I can't wait to see his performance again. & of course, Kim Sun Ah is great!

Archived