[drama 2009] The City Hall 시티홀

Guest *alodia*

Guest jastinel

How to vote....

Site link, English version:

http://kr.news.yahoo.com/event/sda2010/en_vote_actress.html

Vote for KSA and CSW........

ScreenHunter_01Jul281735.gif

If you do not want to vote for other actresses, just check the box that says: No vote...

ScreenHunter_02Jul281735.gif

Click this after choosing..

ScreenHunter_03Jul281735.gif

This page will pop up....

ScreenHunter_06Jul281812.gif

another page will pop up....

sda.jpg

Here`s how to input your phone number

example: my number is +63-0918-439-3382

country code will be:63

Area code will be: 918

Phone number will be 439-3382

I hope this will help....thanks to amay and someone from CSW cafe!

Voting process complete!

ScreenHunter_05Jul281811.gif

You can vote everyday!!!!

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest dis-me

Aigoooo!!! :((( reading all these comments makes me miss the Gumi couple tooo much!!! :( gosherss..... when will they ever star in a drama together ever again?! hehehe.. thatd be nice!!!wish there was a sequel or something !!! gosh i miss Suna and i'm prettty excited for CSW in Athena!! :) i'm sooo happy to be able to read all these CityHall comments! and i finally got my hands on THE CITYHALL DVD SET! YAY!! :) i'm soooooooo happy! i never buy a drama unless it's just too great to real to surreal! to everything! :) gosh City Hall is always in me! i got alot of people addicted to it! and my sis too! and brother! ehhee :) .. i'm so happy ! i hope you all have a great time and thanks for all the updates here! CityHall ALWAYS AND FOREVER! :)

Just finished this drama sometime early this morning.

What a beautiful ride it's been..

so sad to see it go I even dreamed up some random extended epilogue keke XD

Anyways..I couldn't be any happier.

In the end, all the patches were mended between all in Inju.

Especially the GuMi couple.

What a beautiful bride Soonie makes...

Well, I guess I can say I'm an official City Haller now =)

I don't know when I'll sit down for this ride again..but I know that I will return to Inju once again. One day.

What a beautiful place it was..

Thank you all.

For encouraging me to watch this drama..and having the Kdrama experience of a lifetime!

And thank you to the beautiful actors and staff..who made it all possible.

Until next time, I'm out~

manda.

For CSW and KSA to lead another drama, that would be.....just too..... :w00t:

will our wish ever be granted?

will this dream ever come true?

must have a good story and script in the first place, me thinks

and supporting cast

actually I don't know how it really works

anyway, that would be something nice to look forward, ne?

sorry, just thinking out loud

Guest JoGuker

Hello , new to the forum but an early addict to dramas :w00t:

I have to say that today i am sad: i ve just finished watching city hall yesterday at 3 a.m! and now i think i am infected by the cityhaller virus!

omo omo! what a rollercoaster it has been, what an enjoyable and wonderfully acted plot it has been.

The leading couple truly delivered an unforgettable performance: such a chemistry , such a mature love story, such brillant dialogs,such kissing skills!!(compared to other k dramas at least:)).A

I also enjoyed the political plot and and the rest of the cast: in a word i never got bored in any single episode!

i am still shaking so i still can not analyse clearly my feelings.

I think it is going to take time before finding such a masterpiece.

i was already a big fan of kim sun-ah and now i am the latest victime of cha seung won:wub::wub::wub:

who knows how to survive after city hall:blush:

Guest JoGuker

For CSW and KSA to lead another drama, that would be.....just too..... :w00t:

will our wish ever be granted?

will this dream ever come true?

must have a good story and script in the first place, me thinks

and supporting cast

actually I don't know how it really works

anyway, that would be something nice to look forward, ne?

sorry, just thinking out loud

Same thinking here::w00t:why no putting some pressure on kdrama producers with all citihallers in this forum:rolleyes:

Guest yatmun21

Have been backreading for quite some time. Just out of curiosity, where did they shoot the "houses" of MR and JG as well as the street light scenes (the heart-wrenching JG's silhouette scene and the sweet sweet signboard scene)?

Guest nananaaa

hello all! i've been a lurker for a while. as most of you are, i'm still so much in love with CH. to me, no other k-drama compare to CH! :wub: the storyline, the chemistry, the romance, the setting, the OST... everything just comes together perfectly.

Have been backreading for quite some time. Just out of curiosity, where did they shoot the "houses" of MR and JG as well as the street light scenes (the heart-wrenching JG's silhouette scene and the sweet sweet signboard scene)?

yes! i'm interested in this as well. i was wondering about the location of their residence/house in the film 'cause i've never heard the mention of it.

Guest JoGuker

hello all! i've been a lurker for a while. as most of you are, i'm still so much in love with CH. to me, no other k-drama compare to CH!  :wub: the storyline, the chemistry, the romance, the setting, the OST... everything just comes together perfectly.

yes! i'm interested in this as well. i was wondering about the location of their residence/house in the film 'cause i've never heard the mention of it.

Well here is your answer on the official site of korea tourism: those guys know how to attract foreigners via the drama culture:lol:

http://english.visit...EN_8_5_1_55.jsp

you have the details for all the locations with clear information on how to get there:Pnow we should really plan a special cityhaller tripB)

Guest JoGuker

just a small correction: they do not provide the information on sin mi rae neighborood  though:unsure:

will search again!

Guest JoGuker

BTW dear cityhallers i have one girly silly question regarding the drama.

Did anybody notice the change in KSA outfit after she became the mayor?:PKnowing that she admitted in one of the episodes that she had never been to a mall before, yet she was dressing so classy and elegant once she became inju's mayor(special wawou for her simple but well tailored white dress in the final episode, she was stunning!)!B)

Any clue about this thrilling matter?

Boy, I hadn't visited that thread in ages. But because of a few people on facebook ^_^, I just had to watch GuMi again and found ekangooroo's youtube account, with heartwarming MVs. :wub: Thank you.

Hi there JoGuker!

By the way, I like your nickname very much -- it shows a lot of your affection to the best k-drama ever! B)

About your question, I'm guessing that her change of outfit was meant to show the new person that she has become. And I love her classy clothes so much. :wub:

----------------

Hi to all the ladies (and Samsooki) whom I used to meet and chat delightfully with on this thread. Hope that you are all doing fine.

Edit: well, after writing that post above, I've started to watch it again, most of the episodes. The best part for me was that this time I could understand a few words here or there, the comical use of "hyung" by MR as well as switching to banmal every now and then.

Also, back then I didn't know what it referred to, but because of watching numerous K-movies and dramas in a year, I did recognize the 2 remade movies posters that Mi Rae and Bureau Director Lee held in protest before the City Hall: "The good, the bad, the weird" (with Jung Wu Sung shi :wub: and Lee Byun Hun) and "Dirty Carnival" (with Jo In Sung shi). B)

Below is my new list of fave scenes:

- the most hilarious scene = at the hotel lounge with Hyun Bin's look-alike and his gf versus JG and MR pretending to be a couple; both of them really cracked me up with their "I can't hold it any longer" and MR calling JG "Oppa". Again my neighbor must have wondered why I LOLed so hard last night. :lol:

- the most cruel scene = when breaking up in the restaurant, JG offers MR a ride to that bridge under which she could cry, the way she did after her past failed relationships (echoing her TV speech and her only request not to be dumped) - the whole dialogue is painful; :tears:

- the most humiliating scene = MR's getting fired and thrown away from the CH and appeals to JG who happens to be there with Soo In as he is the deputy mayor but he rejects her and humiliates her even more; fury.gif

- the deepest scene = up at the Seoul tower, when JG can't see what he can do for the nation and MR assures him that she'll be on his side; :wub:

*sigh*

Guest JoGuker

Boy, I hadn't visited that thread in ages. But because of a few people on facebook ^_^, I just had to watch GuMi again and found ekangooroo's youtube account, with heartwarming MVs. :wub: Thank you.

Hi there JoGuker!

By the way, I like your nickname very much -- it shows a lot of your affection to the best k-drama ever! B)

About your question, I'm guessing that her change of outfit was meant to show the new person that she has become. And I love her classy clothes so much. :wub:

----------------

Hello Denali i replied to you on CSW thread but here i am again here:rolleyes:

I have to say i can not pick up any favorite scene because there were so many all along this awesome drama:wub:

I laughed , cried and was thrilled by every single episode:excl:

I think it is mostly because i am in my thirties and I was really  fed up with childish dramas with unrealistic dialogs and forced humor...

Here all the ingredients were present: humor,suspense, great love story, no hypocrisy in the love story  with even a bed scene( too short too short  defnitely!)great acting skills even for the secondary roles, great cheñistry of the leading couple, great dialogs and above all hotness hotness hotness hotness and sexiness  from CSW! KSA could never dream of a better opposite lead! :wub:

I also really appreciated the deepness of soñe thoughts around the game of power,politics and money and having a dream to achieve in your life.

Like many of us here, my case is hopeless: cityhall is even in my ipod where i watch it in loop even in the most ackward circumstances(lunch break at work for instance, or in th beach during my holiday:P

Hi Denali & JoGuker,

Ahh!! you made me wanna watch CityHall again... but the DVD set is not with me..

I absolutely love n adore this drama and had been promoting it to all my friends whom had not watched it.. so much so that I lend my DVD set to my friends.

I watched this drama online end of last year, after its released and of cos I was a BIG fan of KimSuNa n MNIKSS before.. that was the first drama i watched and a drama that i re-watched n xtimes.. too many to count. So, i was watching all the drama with Suna .. came across City Hall.. oh my godness! my life screeched to a stop for everything else but downloading n watching CityHall and reading about it.. its the same time that i discovered its recap on Dramabeans.. (its really good timing that i was on a break)n not to mention, the download speed here is terrible :crazy:

Anyway, I think I watched more than 5x of certain eps or maybe more.. I also love the OST to bits and managed to download it .. now its on my laptop n my phone as well.

This drama to me is exactly what JoGuker mentioned, its a drama with all the ingredients. I am rather new in watching dramas even more so watching Korean dramas, normally in my country lots of ppl watch HK drama, we have a big Chinese community here in Malaysia. But I watched some but I am not into drama watching cos to me, these dramas storylines are very recycled with changes of actors/actress. If i watch TV, its mostly American series like CSI, Criminal Minds, Grey Anatomy etc. so when i was on my break with loads of time, i was given MNIKSS to watch n that started this whole Korean drama watching (my perception of Korean drama is those where everyone cries bcos someone will die ..i.e. something like my perception of Taiwanese dramas :P )

Hehe!! :sweatingbullets: let me tell you, now... i dont watch any other drama but Korean drama..n well, some old eps of CSI (I like the former actor for CSI, and he wanted to get out after 9 seasons) but its so strange that I have totally change my taste in what i watch and the poor TV is totally under utilised these days.

Oh yes! Back to my DVD of City Hall, I was in Spore when I saw it and I quickly bought it, then i promoted it to my dear friends there.. they watched lots of korean dramas n even korean variety shows but not City Hall yet.. so I left my precious City Hall with them so that they can enjoy one of my most favorite drama of all times, my friends watched it n now they loved it too.. :lol:

Unfortunately for me, i have yet to go back to Spore after that trip so i am stuck with no DVD set and now I really miss watching City Hall.. aah!! :blink: maybe i shd plan a weekend trip there to retrieve my DVDs ;)

Sorry for such a long winded post.. but reading thro both your post really makes me miss watching City Hall.. CHeers! and have a wonderful week ahead!

Guest nananaaa

just a small correction: they do not provide the information on sin mi rae neighborood  though:unsure:

will search again!

thank you nonetheless JoGuker! :)

Archived