(News) Kim Jaejoong's Joseon - man love confession, makes girls' hearts flutter! 

692l55.jpg

In the broadcast of MBC ‘Dr Jin’ 8th episode on the 17th June, Kim Kyung Tak (Kim Jaejoong) met up with Hong Young Rae (Park Young Min) and expressed his wish to fasten the marriage procedures.
Upon sensing Young Rae’s seemingly unhappiness, Kim Kyung Tak brought Hong Young Rae to the place where they had fond memories, together with Hong Young Rae’s brother Hong Young Hwi (Jin Yi Han) when they were young. After a sword match defeat with Hong Young Hwi, he practiced his swordsmanship whole day and carved Young Rae’s name on a stone. Then, he sincerely confessed, “I will always be waiting. Waiting for my lady to come to me. Please come to my side.”
When Kim Kyung Tak and Hong Young Hwi were drinking alcohol, he vowed to protect Hong Young Rae with his life. Under Hong Young Hwi’s final request, he expressed that “If I would have to die to save my lady, then I will die. Or if my lady has to die for the sake of my living, then I will die as well”, showing his strong will.
Upon hearing the news of Hong Young Rae’s severe injuries due to an accident, he rushed over immediately and teared, showing his deep love for her.
After the broadcast, netizens commented, “The love confession of a Joseon man, even a 21st century woman like me is unable to resist it.”, “If it was that kind of proposal, I don’t mind getting married 100 times.”, “He is going to show his strong manliness now.” etc.
Kim Jaejoong expressed his thoughts, “Due to the status as a concubine’s son, thus Kyung Tak has to live carefully due to restraints. This is the first time he expressed his wants.” and “I am also anticipating what Kyung Tak is going to present in the future. Please continue to observe.”

Source: Newsen via Nate + kimjaejoongbar/ dailykpopnews
Trans by: rachui@sharingyoochun

Kim Jae Joong, Song Seung Hun and ‘Dr. Jin’ Cast Members Embrace the ′V′ Sign

A series of pictures of some of the Time Slip Dr. Jin cast making the same pose is catching the attention of fans.

On June 20, MBC released a series of still cuts from its currently airing television drama Time Slip Dr. Jin.

The pictures showed the drama’s main actors in between scenes.

Though wearing different clothes, shooting different scenes and despite the pictures being taken at different times, Park Min Young, Kim Jae Joong, Song Seung Hun and Lee Bum Soo all made the same pose- the stereotypical ‘V’ peace sign made with one hand.

28805116.jpg

A drama production source shared on the set’s light and fun atmosphere saying, “With so many interesting episodes having taken place on set, the actors and staff have come to rely and depend on each other and are working well together. The atmosphere on set is also fresh and fun leading to the shooting to always be delightful.

Photo credit: MBC / enewsworld

[Poll] Which K-Drama Are You Loving Right Now?

The second half of 2012 has begun, which means so have the new and highly-anticipated shows in the drama world, and as expected, each drama has been doing a good job, individually creating a supportive fan base.

Some of the many dramas that have been spotlighted for this season are A Gentleman’s Dignity, Big, Time Slip Dr. Jin, I ♥ Lee Taly, I Do, I Do and Bridal Mask.

While each drama boasts a star-studded with grade A actors and an entertaining storyline, we want to know which one is your favorite.

(skipped unrelated.....)

87532851.jpg

ime Slip Dr. Jin

In 2012, there were plenty of dramas where people from the past traveled through time and somehow ended up in the future, but MBC’s Time Slip Dr. Jin does the exact opposite and pushes poor Song Seung Hun back to the Goryeo era, where he ends up saving more lives than he can count with each passing episode.

Mixed with Song Seung Hun’s complicated love life, some good ol’ corrupt politicians stirring up trouble and Robin Hoods from the past trying to set everything straight, the charm of Time Slip Dr. Jin is getting to see how all of these secrets will unravel and how many ways there are to perform brain surgery in the olden days.

Each of these dramas has an interesting and unique plot and proves to be successful in its own ways. So which dramas are you loving and obsessing over the most?

Let us know your pick by voting in our poll!

64703766.jpg

LINK to vote : http://enewsworld.mnet.com/enews/contents.asp?idx=8216&idxType=News&trendKeyword=

Photo credit: SBS, KBS, MBC, tvN / enewsworld

***I'm not one to compare the two guy's acting for several reasons. But the most reason for me is I hate comparisons…..When I say my piece here I’d be biased for sure for JJ. He still has a long way to go since he has only just started. In his (2) projects so far he’s given a great role to work with. Jaejoong I think is in the right path. He was fabulous and very charismatic in “Protect the Boss”. His character wasn't too far from his real life personality. I've been surprised by his acting skills. Jaejoong is improving because he is experimenting himself in character that he took. Of course, I would take JJ as a singer any day over as an actor! ;))

class="title"Jaejoong vs. Yoochun: Who’s the better actor?

20120617_seoulbeats_jaejoong_dr_jin-620x

20120617_seoulbeats_jaejoong_yoochun2-22

As I marathoned the last six episodes of The Rooftop Prince, I also started watching Dr. Jin — because following only one time-travel drama is doing injustice to the new K-drama trend. Watching these two dramas simultaneously, I couldn’t help but to start comparing the two actors, Kim Jaejoong and Park Yoochun. Unfortunately or fortunately, these two stars have turned to acting as their singing careers have been paused due to various reasons. While both were able to prove themselves in the K-drama land and have progressed tremendously, it’s also apparent that have different strengths (and weaknesses).

Jaejoong excels in the looks department, Yoochun in conveying quirky and humorous expressions. Jaejoong embraces the chic modern character Yoochun the historical roles — not the uber serious one that requires skills on par with Kim Soo-hyun, but the fusion saeguk roles where one can get away with mediocre acting.

Jaejoong is subtle with his emotions, displaying a greater range, whereas Yoochun tends to display the extremes — livid, ecstatic or depressed. And until Dr. Jin, it seemed like these two picked roles that leveraged their strengths. Jaejoong’s role in Protect the Boss was a great starting point for the singer turned actor in terms of K-drama land. The spotlight wasn’t on him yet he was able to take the opportunity to showcase his newly found skills.

Yoochun was able to carry the rigid, by the books character required by Lee Sun Joon’s role pretty decently in Sungkyunkwan Scandal. And while I haven’t watched Miss Ripley, I also haven’t encountered great complaints about Yoochun’s “foot acting,” which is good enough for me to conclude that he was alright. Yoochun was downright hilarious in Rooftop Prince. To be fair, the role itself was hysterical and Yoochun brought his own charm to it. How can we not laugh at a prince who bowed down to ten dollar bill, took off his shoes before getting on the bus and stands up on a bench to talk to his entourage, without batting an eye, as if he was normal.

I’ve only observed Yoochun in two productions so far and he’s passable. I wouldn’t say he’s as ground breaking but he’s not horrible.  His biggest weakness is that he relies too much on exaggerated expressions in stiff roles.  Come to think of it, the Park brothers (Yoochun and Yoo-hwan) both have a hard time displaying varied emotions. Perhaps that will come with time but I hope to see them shed the overly dramatic reactions to various situations on screen pretty soon.

And because of this, I feel like Jaejoong may have a brighter acting future ahead of him. The pretty boy seems control his emotions better (than Yoochun) — minus the passive aggressive jealous role he’s playing in Dr. Jin, which just seems like a misfit. As we saw with Jung Il-woo in The Moon Embraces the Sun, some actors are just not fit for a saeguk role and Jaejoong is one of them. His face is too modern — or too pretty — to fit that role. And it doesn’t help that he looks scrawny in his Dr. Jin customs.

Another added bonus is that Jaejoong’s acting career mostly consisted of supporting roles, which allows him to actually develop and hone acting skills.  In fact, I would like to see Jaejoong continually picking up supporting roles until he’s truly ready for a starring role.  His portrayal of varied emotions and delivery of lines (especially old Korean) is not quite there yet — or shall I say, there’s room for improvement.  But it appears that Jaejoong is actively working on improving his weaknesses as small improvements from one project to another are noticeable.

20120617_seoulbeats_jaejoong3.jpg

I’m not sure how or why Yoochun was able to nab so many main roles so far, but based on my observations, he isn’t there yet. A lot of the praise he received was mostly due to the well-written characters than his skills and in order to maintain his status, Yoochun has a fair amount of work to do.  And don’t get me wrong. Yoochun may be just fine, with JYJ fans always by his side, but if he’s serious about his acting, I think (and hope) that he would want to be acknowledged and chosen for his talent, not the number of fans he has.

The acting careers of Yoochun and Jaejoong remains to be seen and they may prove me completely wrong (which I welcome!).  Based on my observations, while Yoochun had greater roles, the road ahead looks brighter for Jaejoong based on the expectations that these actors are setting up for the viewers and more importantly, for themselves.

source : seoulbeats

class="blog_h2 entry-title"JYJ’s Kim Jae Joong wears colorful hanboks on Dr. Jin

20120621141508453.jpg

JYJ’s Kim Jae Joong recently showed off his beautiful face in colorful hanboks.

Kim is currently appearing on MBC’s weekend series Dr. Jin as an officer named Kim Kyung Tak.

Kim usually wears a black and red uniform and shows off his dignity and charisma as an officer from Joseon Dynasty.

As a result, when he appears on the series out of uniform, the audience pays more attention to him. Colorful hanboks, including, pink and purple, complement Kim’s bright face. Those hanboks are also taking a huge part of portraying his strong but tender-hearted character in the series.

People who saw Kim wearing hanboks and uniform responded: “He looks good in uniforms but hanboks make his beautiful face stand out.” “He looks good in both uniform and hanbok.” “Fashionista Kim even captured Joseon Dynasty.” ”

The series airs every Saturday and Sunday at 9:50 p.m.

Action rookie JYJ Kim Jae-joong

47162101.9.jpg

No stand-in! Full of eagerness

Pretty boy Kim Jae-joong from the group JYJ has fallen deep into the action .

Kim is currently playing the role of warrior Kim Kyeong-tak in the MBC weekend drama "Dr. JIN". He has been practicing to ride a horse and to use a sword since before the drama started.

C-Jes Entertainment said, "Kim enrolled in action school and never missed horse-riding lessons from the day he got the script. He focused on getting used to each and every single move of using a sword".

In fact, Kim never let go of his sword even during break times. According to the scenario which puts Kim Kyeong-tak as an outstanding fighter, he is trying hard to not look awkward as his character.

However, much attempted hard work results in injuries as well. He has gotten many cuts from sword practicing. However, he doesn't fear getting hurt. He is being greedy for his first action drama. He also tries to do what he can do without scripts or a stand-in if he can help it.

Source : sports.donga.com/3/al... ( English )

Translation : Hancinema

***This is what you call “professionalism” – Just be very careful, JJ! :)

class="content-title" JYJ Jaejoong Does Dangerous Action Scenes Despite Injuries apple-snapple-YUM June 21, 2012

In spite of the dangers of getting facial scars during filming, idol star and representative “flower boy,” JYJ’s Kim Jaejoong did all of his action scenes with determination.

In MBC’s weekend drama “Dr. Jin,” Kim Jaejoong has been challenging himself by taking part as Joseon’s Palace Investigator Kim Gyung Tak. As Kim Gyung Tak, Kim Jaejoong has been putting his all into this drama.

JYJ’s management, C-JeS Entertainment stated on June 20, “Kim Jaejoong wasted no time; as soon as he received the script he registered himself in action school and practiced very hard in horse back riding. As for sword fighting, instead of just swinging his sword around, he also took the time to study and understand the movements.”

Even after filming scenes, Kim Jaejoong did not let go of the sword. Since Kim Gyung Tak is an outstanding swordsman in the drama, Kim Jaejoong did not want to make it awkward for his character.

As a result of his dedication, his injuries are worrisome. C-JeS Entertainment stated, “Because he is using the sword so much in the drama, he cuts himself many times while he is filming. Evne though it happens, he is not afraid of getting hurt. He did not even want to use a stuntman for his first scene of shooting.”

A staff member of the drama praised Kim Jaejoong stating,” Whenever he can do it, Kim JaeJjong would like to do it for himself instead of using a stuntman.”

Be sure to catch Kim Jaejoong’s character Kim Gyung Tak in action on MBC, Saturday & Sunday @ 21:50 KST!

credit : soompi news

*** Kim Jaejoong is a pretty/handsome guy. There's a difference between pretty, handsome and hot.:)]

class="entry-title"Kim Heechul selected as the ‘prettiest’ male idol

Super Junior‘s Kim Heechul was selected as the “prettiest” male idol by netizens.

Recently, the results of  an online poll asking voters to choose which male idol they thought was prettier than the average female were revealed.

Although Kim Heechul was up against a lot of other attractive, “flower boy” contenders, he was still able to come out on top.

Heechul was up against other beautiful celebrities, such as Shin Hyesung, JYJ‘s Kim Jaejoong, Kim Hyun Joong, Yoo Ho Suk, F.T. Island‘s Lee Hongki, INFINITE‘s L, Jang Geun Suk, and SHINee‘s Taemin.

Netizens who saw the results of the poll commented, “There are so many male celebrities who are prettier than girls,” “Do girls have to be jealous of boys now?” and “Of course Kim Heechul, he gets prettier every time I see him.

Source & Image: TVReport via Naver / allkpop

***Hahaha – I bet he really does smell that good. And he does look delicious. And it’s actually like something Jaejoong really would say because I’m sure Jaejoong knows his charms.:)]

Photo of the Day : JaeJoong smells delicious

dbsk-mirotic-jaejoong-delicious-smell-40

Today’s photo of the day, courtesy of taemilk, features JaeJoong saying he smells delicious. Um, what? Yeah… Fans can take this to mean something else, haha. Whatever he says he’s still my bias so ok!

source : ningin.com

@willenette

The fans who have met Jaejoong in real life says he smells very nice and sweet... like vanilla so the article may have some truth to it. :))

***He’s HOT even in traditional costume.:)]

class="content-title" Kim Jaejoong: Behind the Scenes for “Dr. Jin” asteriskrolled June 23, 2012

2012061901000947700046101.jpg

In an interview with Sports Seoul, Kim Jaejoong showed that he’s full of drive to improve his acting skills for his fans. We first watched him in “Protect the Boss” and are now getting a taste of the progress in “Time Slip Dr. Jin.” The released behind the scenes photos for “Dr. Jin” filming show that he has indeed a challenging feat ahead for his first traditional drama.

2012061901000947700046103.jpg

He confessed, “There’s so much out there for me to learn, having all these experienced sunbaes around me. But my mind is so busy that it doesn’t seem to have room to take it all in yet.” He still showed determination, saying, “It’s fun to have a new challenge.”

He also shared his experience with the traditional topknot. Dubbing it “the battle with the topknot,” he was warned beforehand by his fellow JYP member, Park Yoochun, about his own ordeal.

“Your hair parts funny with the topknot, and you get marks on the forehead for hours afterwards,” he said, shaking his head. “Moreover, you get tan lines under the sun. At least I should be relieved that they didn’t attach a beard on me.”

2012061901000947700046102.jpg

Another tough thing about traditional drama is the layers upon layers of costume in the hot, humid weather. Jaejoong feels the need to be extra careful, because his role as a government official entails a dutiful entourage of supporting actors, even under the sun. He believes that everyone on site must be happy to produce good acting and a great drama.

“Traditional dramas usually have a lot of supporting actors. And they go through so much trouble. More than us [main actors] since the same scene must be taken with many different angles,” said Jaejoong, showing consideration for his colleagues. “I bought them all ice cream couple times. It momentarily helps with the heat.”

2012061901000947700046105.jpg

Thanks to copious amount of horse riding during filming, Jaejoong made a new friend. “My horse’s name is Raphael,” said Jaejoong. “He gets awkward every time we meet. But I think he’s a wonderful fellow. I spend a lot of time with him these days. Having conversations, asking how he’s been doing.”

2012061901000947700046104.jpg

You can catch Kim Jaejoong and his acting in working progress every Saturdays and Sundays at 9:50 PM KST.

credit : soompi news

***Haha! That's super cute! JaeJoong’s a weirdo. :))

class="entry-title"JYJ’s Jaejoong playfully demands to know where Yoochun is to Han Ji Min

20120625_jaejoong_hanjimin.jpg

JYJ‘s Jaejoong revealed his comical search for fellow member Yoochun in his latest Twitter update!

On June 25th, Jaejoong uploaded a picture of himself playfully grabbing the head of actress Han Ji Min. Playing on her previous role with Yoochun in their drama, ‘Rooftop Prince‘, Jaejoong wrote, “Answer me. Where is Yoochun!”

Netizens commented, “It looks like he’s carressing her face on first glance”, “He’s hilarious”, and “Yes, where is Yoochun~?”

Jaejoong is currently starring in his drama, ‘Time Slip Dr. Jin‘.

Source & Image: Jaejoong’s Official Twitter / allkpop

[CHART] Weekly TV ratings: June 18-24

2012062508485247980_1.jpg

credit : 10Asia

Why Did Kim Jae Joong Not Like His Lines on ‘Time Slip Dr. Jin’ ?

Kim Jae Joong is winning praise for his role as Kim Kyung Tak in MBC Time Slip Dr. Jin but he’s revealed the singer/actor wasn’t all too happy with his character’s dialogue at first.

On June 23, the Time Slip Dr. Jin official homepage uploaded a video which included an interview with Kim Jae Joong.

During the interview Kim Jae Joong revealed he found his character’s lines, especially the ones for Hong Young Rae (Park Min Young) to be cheesy.

He stated, “Truthfully, when I first read the script I thought, ‘This is really cheesy.’ ‘The heavens is not in my favor’, ‘This was a spot I was going to wait forever’ and a few other lines were really cheesy.”

21059252.jpg

He continued, “But [after acting the lines out], I found them alright since it was a historic drama. Thinking that such lines were ones that could have existed back then made things better. These sort of lines will from come out time to time in the future. I will work hard to try and make them fitting.”

Time Slip Dr. Jin airs every Saturday and Sunday nights on MBC

Watch the video below!

Photo credit: MBC / enewsworld

"Dr. JIN" Kim Jae-joong

25347608.jpg

"Dr. JIN" Kim Jae-joong comforted the upset viewers.

On the tenth episode of the MBC drama "Dr. JIN", viewers' stepped forward to save Kim Kyeong-tak (Kim Jae-joong) who lost his best friend Hong Yeong-hwi (Jin I-han) and had nothing else left behind for him.

Fiancé Hong Yeong-rae (Park Min-yeong) cancelled marriage with Kim and he outraged with despair and anger but put that aside and focused on catching a secret organization. On the day of the palace ball, he noticed the head of the organization who tried to kill his father Kim Byeong-hee (Kim Eung-soo) and chased after him after having shot him.

After a tense sword fight, the face revealed under the ripped mask was no other than Yeong-rae's brother and his best friend Hong Yeong-hwi. Trembling with shock, Kim Kyeong-tak didn't shoot his best friend but fired his gun into the air.

He lost his best friend even before he could recover from losing his lover he waited 20 years to marry. Netizens say, "Make it 'timeslip Kim Kyeong-tak'", "He lost everything he had, this is unbelievable", "Make him a couple with Chun-hong at least", "Poor thing" and more.

Kim Jae-joong claimed, "I haven't seen the scene with Hong Yeong-hwi yet. It was the saddest scene I've ever made".

Source : tvdaily.mk.co.kr/read... ( English )

Translation : Hancinema

(News) Kim JaeJoong, Modest hands filled with modest and mischief, "Even his smile is sexy"

20120625_1340608869_34978900_1.jpg

The release of JYJ’s Kim Jaejoong’s undisclosed photograph is attracting attention.
On June 18th, a photograph with the title ‘I have only one wish…’ was uploaded on MBC’s TV drama Dr Jin’s official homepage.
In the photograph, Kim Kyung Tak (Kim Jaejoong) was going to raise a marriage proposal at Yong Rae’s house after receiving Kim Byung Hee’s permission. The photograph is humorous because his eyes that only look at just one woman faintly transformed into the look of a mischievous person.
It is attracting more attention as he is smiling and folding his hands modestly while looking shy.
The responses of netizens who have seen the photograph included, “Kim Jaejoong is really modest”, “Kim Jaejoong looks cool with a face filled with smiles”, “This side of Kim Jaejoong is also charismatic” and “Kim Jaejoong’s modest pose is really lovable.”

Source: TVReport via Nate /dailykpopnews
Translation Credit: Shermin of JYJ3

class="blog_h2 entry-title"JYJ’s Kim Jae Joong has several different looks

20120627135915074.jpg

JYJ’s Kim Jae Joong recently showed off his several different looks.

Pictures from MBC’s series Dr. Jin were posted on its official website and drew a lot of attention. The pictures are portraying Kim, who plays the role of an officer named Kim Kyung Tak in the series.

Kim is gaining high popularity by showing off his charismatic charms during the shooting and mischievous charms during the break. He looks chic when he has expressionless face but he also captures female fans’ hearts with his smile.

People responded: “Kim has totally different looks. He’s so chic.” “His smiling face is so pretty.” “He always looks good.” “He’s good at singing and acting.”

***Ahhh…..really? He is so generous! I wonder how much dinner for a 100 people would cost. JaeJoong is beautiful both inside and out!:)]

class="entry-title"JYJ’s Jaejoong buys dinner for 100 staff members of ‘Dr.Jin’

htm_20120517155320c010c011.jpg

JYJ‘s Jaejoong proved to be a big spender after buying dinner for the staff of MBC‘s drama ‘Dr. Jin‘.

Jaejoong recently prepared 100 portions of samgyetang [Korean chicken soup] for his fellow actors and staff members who are working hard for the drama. His agency shared, “It was a surprise event that Jaejoong prepared to thank and support the staff members who are working hard in the hot weather.”

A staff member of ‘Dr. Jin’ revealed, “Even though he must be tired from his busy schedule, Jaejoong is always bright and full of energy on the set. He takes care of people around him. He also works hard at acting. He is filming right now fully immersed in the role of Kim Kyung Tak.

‘Dr. Jin’ is a medical drama that tells the story of a doctor who experiences a time slip from 2012, to the Joseon Dynasty period, and Jaejoong plays the role of a police bureau officer, Kim Kyung Tak.

Source+Picture: Star News via Nate / allkpop

***This guy could act so I hope he’ll be a leading man soon. He's definitely ready. This is his 2nd drama now so I think he's definitely found he's comfort zone now.

:)]

class="entry-title"JYJ Kim JaeJoong, a man of contradiction charismatic vs. cutekim_jaejoong_dr_jin_contrasting_shots.jp

JYJ member Kim Jaejoong has become a man of contradiction.

Recently on the homepage of MBC TV drama ‘Time Slip Dr. Jin’, some pictures of Kim Jaejoong who plays the role of Kim Kyung Tak, a jongsakwan at podochung, have been posted among other pictures from the set.

During filming, Kim Jaejoong is charisma itself but during breaks, he is playful and cute like a child. Especially when he has a blank look on his face, the slight upturn of his lips creates a slight smile that had the fans nickname him a man of contradiction sending out flutters to the hearts of the female viewers.

Netizen comments on Kim Jaejoong, a man of contradiction include: “Kim Jaejoong, a man of contradiction daebak”, “Kim Jaejoong, a man of contradiction so handsome when he smiles”, “Kim Jaejoong, a man of contradiction looks perfect no matter what”, and “Kim Jaejoong, a man of contradiction perfect at singing and perfect at acting.”

Image: MBC ‘Time Slip Dr. Jin’
Source: TV Report via Nate / kpopfever