[drama Japan 2009] メイちゃんの執事/mei Chan No Shi*

Guest t3n5h1_chu_k015h173

Guest strawberrynkiwi

Yamada Yu always gets the evil or hot role. Or at least someone that has a strong character, usually characters we don't sympathize for, maybe except for Binbo.

I am a fan of her acting, since her roles are always unlikable and she does very well in making me mad. aka as Lucia-sama

It really fills in for me since BOF is being dumb about GaEul and Yi Jeong lately! This drama makes me SO HAPPY!!

I second that.

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DO YOU GUYS KNOW WHERE I CAN DOWNLOAD THIS DRAMA?! T-T

I love it so much! :D I want to burn a DVD ^-^

Try d-addicts.com... they have the torrents there...

Hiro makes the perfect Rhito. I finally read the manga... well what was translated. The manga's different from the live action.

I don't know if it's good or bad right now. but the role of the grandpa is kind of different. hmmm.

but my thoughts on the two.

I think the relationship between Rhito and Mei was a little fast. the age difference too. isn't mei like 13 and rhito like 21?

the live action's building the relationship, which I like. They both are starting to take notice of one another.

Episode 5 was so cute. I can't wait for Ep. 6. Lucia is one crazy woman.

for manga, mei is like 13/14 and rihito is 21

for the drama, mei is like 17/18 and rihito is 21

they narrow the age gap for the live drama

Guest LazyAzian

for manga, mei is like 13/14 and rihito is 21

for the drama, mei is like 17/18 and rihito is 21

they narrow the age gap for the live drama

I think it's for the better they changed Mei's age . . .

I mean Rihito likes Mei right?

It would seem pedobear in the drama, specially because dramas attract the general population while manga are limited to a certain group.

Ahh I watched this drama when it first came out!

It's soo good, and I love the actors/actresses. :D

Sato is soooo funny as an apprentice butler.

I can't wait until episode 6 comes out, too bad it's only once a week. *cries*

in ep 7.....mei said she wana stop school rite?

is rihito goin to follow?

wat about mameshiba??

feels like she leaving alone...

aih..i didn reli enjoy ep 6 at all...

Guest susamirain

Gosh, many of you are way ahead of me. I just got finished watching the english subbed ep. 5. I am trying to not read the spoilers but it's so tempting! I am having so much fun watching the show figuring out who is doing what. Basically the last episode I saw showed how Rihito lost control of himself with Mei-chan. He's getting to passionate about her.

So I know that a big scandal is lurking just around the corner. I'm gonna try to keep up. Guess I better crack down on learning Japanese.

Guest xsilentangel

Yeah the spoilers are very, very tempting.

I'm impatiently waiting for episode 6 >_>;;

I sort of knew Tami was connected to Lucia-sama.

Anyone else laugh everytime they see this thread?

mei Chan No Mini Coopersuji LOl..

Guest susamirain

Yeah the spoilers are very, very tempting.

I'm impatiently waiting for episode 6 >_>;;

Anyone else laugh everytime they see this thread?

mei Chan No Mini Coopersuji LOl..

Yes! :D I noticed the language filters are working for sure.

The age difference thing kinda reminds me of Sailor Moon. In mangas and animes, you'll see 12 years dating college age guys. It's so weird.

Although there is a significant age difference between Mei-chan and Rihito, I don't mind cause I just really like the tension and chemisty between the two of them. And at least Mei-chan isn't a little girl that would freak me out cause I don't like grown people messing with kids. :angry:

I'm still waiting for watching episode 6 with subtitles, but the story certainly has taken an interesting twist.

First of all, as expected, the situation between Mei and Rihito became unbearable. They are both very much aware of what Rihito's hug meant, they both know that the rules are breached, and they both have no idea how to solve the dilemma.

Then, there's Kento - so far Mei's safety blanket, the one to who she always was able to turn because she considered him her very good friend. Alas, Kento's spilled the beans and announced his feelings for her... Things became equally awkward between Mei and him now, though for a different reason, as Mei doesn't feel the same for him as she does for Rihito.

For Mei, this is a no-win scenario. No matter what Rihito's hug implicates, Mei still thinks that the one he loves/needs is Lucia-sama, and the "perfect harmony" between Rihito&Lucia during the time of swap only reinforced that impression.

I think if they really keep the "marry her" part of the manga (which I honestly don't understand - what kind of silly plot point is that? A rich man, biggest company in the country, wants his granddaughter&successor marry her butler? And give him a position of influence, or is he just supposed to play princecess consort? The author certainly hasn't watched HYD! ;)), the next thing that will happen is for Mei to flat out refuse any of Rihito's feelings.

Then again, the situation is explosive enough as it is. As her feelings for Rihito have grown, she wants him to be happy. She knows that he's devoted to her as her butler what about his true feelings? Maybe leaving, as it suggested in the preview, is Mei's attempt to seet the situation right; with her gone Rihito can return to Lucia... Or maybe she'll make a brave step forward, now that Kento found the courage to confess, Mei will also confess her feelings to Rihito?

Talking about Kento, there goes her childhood friend... She turned to him for relief, now all the "childish" bantering and physical contact will stop. Tami turned out to be the enemy, her other friends in school are not really that close... With the "end" of this friendship, another end of happy memories come, because thinking of Kento will forever be connected to his confession.

Talking about Kento, I really admire him for his courage and for his attempt to righten things again. In that, he clearly outsmarts and beats his older brother. Granted, Kento's ways of doing things are often based on his youthful enthusiasm, but he also has a deep and caring side. Most of all, he can't just sit down and watch how people get hurt, he's doing something about it. Even if the outcome isn't always what he desires... I'm really curious to see how that character would turn out as an adult, ten years down the road... :)

In any case, he now has to deal with the consequences of his confession... a lot frrienship and a lost love... and Mei was the reason why he wanted to become a butler... Mhm, interesting... does that mean that Kento will quit being a butler-trainee? Or is his goal still to become Mei's butler? But if she really ends up with Rihito, that would be utterly awkward! So maybe Kento will striving to become the best butler (equalling Rihito's "S" rank), and serve another master?

Rihito.... I guess I'm the only one in theis thread who isn't annoyed at Rihito's behaviour? ;) Actually, I can see where his "inactivity" comes from, and I have a good guess what his next steps will be. The poor man is being pushed to his limits, and when he falls apart it won't be a nice view. :)

So, why is Rihito like a punching bag, a wet cloth at the moment? Why doesn't he do something? Well, he actually does a lot, but keep in mind that Rihito's a butler, has been a butler for years, even is an s-rank butler. That comes with a lot of training and conditioning. He's trained and conditioned to be a butler, to ignore his own wishes and suppress his own feelings. That is why he can serve Lucia and you don't see him being unpleasent towards her (and I think he has a lot of anger towards her by now)... Rihito's simply supressing whatever feelings he has so that he can be a good butler. That's why grandfather's observation about Rihito becoming fuzzy about the situation ("Butlers are humans, too!") as well as Shinobu's verbal onslaught are having an effect on Rihito. Rihito's losing control over himself and the situation rapidly. As a butler, he's becoming inefficient because he can't supress his feelings properly and starts acting on them. As a male, he is too inhibited by his butler-training to openly act on his feelings (hence the utter shock&disgust at his own actions when he hugged Mei). Episode 6 had Rihito trying to figure out what to do. Shinobu's words come back to haunt him - the one who's causing problems for Mei is Rihito (public humiliation for Mei because of the hug!), the one who's causing Mei hurt is Rihito (he saw clearly the consequences that him serving Lucia had on Mei, how hurt she was)... As a butler, Rihito's failing - because he crossed the line (no matter wether Mei liked him first, but she never crossed any lines. It was Rihito who grabbed her arm, and also it was him who hugged her.), and he's not trying to stop Mei's feelings, disencourage her love for him. As a male, he's equally failing - the scene where he stands outside of Mei's room, listening to his brother's confession and being unable to do anything after that... How much more sad can a person get?

At the end of the day, it is not Rihito who "restores order" (like he did in episode 3), but it's Kento who breaks the laws to set things right again. I wonder how long Rihito will be called "Rihito-sama"... it seems to me that people are beginning to lose respect for him, while Kento certainly earned a lot of respect from the other butlers (even if they might turn the nose at his uncuth manners, but they certainly respect him for having the guts to act)...

The only way for Rihito to overcome the impasse is to make a choice - be a butler, or be a man. He either puts an end to the relationship with Mei, rebuffing her feelings until they'll die down a few months down the road... or he stops being her butler and confesses his feelings to her. It's going to become a hard fight within Rihito. Already, the tormoils of the conflict are threatening to tear him apart, and the inner stress is incredible. Still, he's not at his breaking point yet, the pressure needs to be higher so that he's going to overcome his fears (being Mei's butler is what he wants, but he can't when he admits his feelings to her... at the same time, he wants to admit his feelings to Mei and further their relationship, but he can't because of the butler rules, and he's afaraid to be seperated from Mei for good, or even lose his butler qualifications)... I guess that it will still take another two episodes before the pressure's big enough to force Rihito into a decision... until then, he's going to remain the one being smacked and shouted at, the one who's pushed to the corners and who's getting more and more useless...

Lucia... She's really going nuts. I think I begin to understand why grandfather is so bent on replacing her as a heir, and maybe why Rihito really left her service and her butler's now a doctor (on a side thought, maybe there's a connection between Shinobu and Tami that we haven't encountered yet? It's clear that Shinobu has feelings for Lucia, but what is in it for Tami? We don't know much about her family background... so maybe she was installed by Lucia in the first place? Maybe she's Shinobu's little sister, and Lucia pays for her education on this school as long as she works as her spy?

In any case, Lucia's clearly at a point where she has lost her marbles. She's solely focussed on getting Rihito back into her possesion, and also in making the company hers. (Which leads me back to thinking that Rihito is indeed the "marriage" key - whoever marries him, Lucia or Mei, will become the heir... The way grandpa treats Rihito is certainly not your normal "butler" style.)

So, Lucia's out to drive away Mei, or even better, get her killed... then Rihito has to return to her and everything will be back to how it's supposed to be. Only that Rihito will hate her guts... it would make a nice plot for a tragedy, though.

Ah... wrote so much! Sorry!

So... what will the remaining episodes bring? I'm really curious! :D

commenting as I watch. ^____^ RAWR. I hate that they exchanged butlers. Lucia, get your hands of RHITO! I knew this would happen. RAWR. The voting has got to be RIGGED. Kento's hilarious. haha. :tears: :tears: Kento... Rhito. :tears:

man. I can't wait til episode 7!

Why did they have to leave it off like that.

Guest xradiostatic

omg episode 6 had so many twists and turns. i just knew that lucia-sama would make the butler exchange work out for her in the end. and i had NO clue that tami was working for lucia. i really didn't see that coming though. when she was leading mei up to the house, i had a feeling that she was being set up and i knew mameshiba would be in there instead of rhito. wtf. so evil!

it was so funny though when daimon was fujiko's butler during the exchange, and he kept getting nosebleeds. XD and towards the end he was all like "i'm tired of nosebleeds! *tissues shoots out of nostrils*

oh man i can hardly wait for episode 7. >_<

anyone knows if the name mameshiba means anything?

I'm wondering about this too. anyone?

turn out that my guess was right after all ooo yeah Tami is evil too

So, why is Rihito like a punching bag, a wet cloth at the moment? Why doesn't he do something? Well, he actually does a lot, but keep in mind that Rihito's a butler, has been a butler for years, even is an s-rank butler. That comes with a lot of training and conditioning. He's trained and conditioned to be a butler, to ignore his own wishes and suppress his own feelings

i'd totally jumping ship to Kento if you didn't point out this (thank you)

Actually, i was going to vent about how Rihito is not really functioning in recent episodes. He is just there standing there oozing with hotness :blush: with expression that sending mixed emotion,run here and there (i'm well aware of hug and grabbing Mei's arm) and these affected Mei but that just it.

the "marriage" key - whoever marries him, Lucia or Mei, will become the heir... The way grandpa treats Rihito is certainly not your normal "butler" style.)

emm so whoever got him, she'll be the heir to the fortune.that makes sense too but If that is the case,why? Who is Rihito? He's from butler family, S rank butler. Kento is his bro other than that?. I think we've been kept in the dark about his background. what makes him worth as the marriage key

If i didn't watch Hana Kimi SP i would still be in denial about Nezu is Oscar. They're too different.

Fujiko with the lamb on Mei's bed is too cute. i wonder why i didn't annoyed with her. and Mei's 'get out 'when Kanda? and Tami show her the big close up picture of Rihito and her hugging kekeke that just too cute ~ too cute ~.at this rate even the worm wiggling on the ground would be cute for me * shakes head*

it seems like i'm not the only one who run here for comforts because of BOF T__T

Guest xsilentangel

On the official poster, Tami is right next to Lucia-sama and they are right above Mei-Chan. The implies that she plays a significant role!

Poor Mei-Chan.. Lucia-sama with Rihito..

The new pairs are so weird. The dancing part was hilarious haha..that domino effect.

LOL Mameshiba and the soap HAHAHHA..

Poor guy constantly seeing her staring at Rihito..

Tami finally introduces herself as an apprentice of Lucia-sama..!

I can't wait until the next episode. I never read the manga so I'm anxious to see how this drama will end too.

Archived