[drama Japan 2009] メイちゃんの執事/mei Chan No Shi*

Guest t3n5h1_chu_k015h173

Ep. 4

I skipped 1/3 of it ( i watched it at DC BTW).Actually, i'm waiting for the download to finish. I will watch it again because the quality is at DC is bad but it's better than nothing.

Is it just me? i'm a little bit... just a little bit irritated... just a weee bit because Rihito appear non chalant and in composed regardless what happen? i know there are times he too lost his composure like in ep 3 when he stated that he has reasons for wanting to serve Mei but that just not enough for me( but then if it isn't like this, it would be weird :wacko::unsure: ) .Besides that,i really want to see him in different clothes . I'm an ungrateful brat, i know HAHA

Oh, the line "then, we can truly live our life as a a butler"is too corny for me to take, rather than feeling moved, touched or anything of that sort. I feel like punching the monitor :ph34r::sweatingbullets:

Now, the scene with grandfather Kintarou and the director really give me bad vibes.WTH is their relationships,Mei's parents, and the director and Mei's mother relation. They left us with too many questions. Mameshiba is jealous ,right? :lol: .what does Mameshiba means? i love his jealous moments

The way Lucia smile and said "Mei san" at the end of ep 4 is really REALLY creepy.

and lastly how tall is Eikura Nana? She's like a head taller than Izumi and probably has the same height with Aoyama(if not taller..)

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest an_nhien

she is about 168 to 170cm ^^ last time I read her profile in 2006, it said 168cm ^^ she may be taller now, after almost 3 years ^^

Guest strawberrynkiwi

thats only because Izumi (Iwasa Mayuko) is pretty short, 155.

plus nana models, so she is taller than the average actress.

After rewatching epidode 3&4 with subs, I'm getting more and more impressed with this show. In especially the first half of episode 3 revealed a lot of information about the "world" they are living in and the power structures involved. A lot of hints and suggestion were dropped, and I'm really curious now as to the real role that the one or other character has in this show.

For example, take Lucia-sama. It's pretty obvious that she has gone bananas, probably after something happened - since she seemed to have been a nicer person before Rihito stopped being her butler. Still, the question is as to how much of the bad things happening are actually her own doing, and how much her butler, Shinobe, is the one pulling the strings. I don't think he's just following orders. Still, both Lucia and Shinobe are enemies not to be underestimated, because they have the will and the power to bend events to their liking.

I'm also quite curious as to what other secrets Rihitso hides, outside of the ones already revealed (the one about him being Lucia's ex)... Though, if they take the part from the manga and really include that order from the grandfather to marry Mei... if that one is revealed, it will be very hard for Mei to trust him - even if his feelings for her should be real. I mean, put yourself into Mi's shoes, could you ever trust a guy who you know was ordered to marry you...? Mei already is very sensitive about the topic of people doing things because they are ordered to do so, and even more after seeing Rihito and Lucia together.

After rewatching epidode 3&4 with subs, I'm getting more and more impressed with this show. In especially the first half of episode 3 revealed a lot of information about the "world" they are living in and the power structures involved. A lot of hints and suggestion were dropped, and I'm really curious now as to the real role that the one or other character has in this show.

For example, take Lucia-sama. It's pretty obvious that she has gone bananas, probably after something happened - since she seemed to have been a nicer person before Rihito stopped being her butler. Still, the question is as to how much of the bad things happening are actually her own doing, and how much her butler, Shinobe, is the one pulling the strings. I don't think he's just following orders. Still, both Lucia and Shinobe are enemies not to be underestimated, because they have the will and the power to bend events to their liking.

I'm also quite curious as to what other secrets Rihitso hides, outside of the ones already revealed (the one about him being Lucia's ex)... Though, if they take the part from the manga and really include that order from the grandfather to marry Mei... if that one is revealed, it will be very hard for Mei to trust him - even if his feelings for her should be real. I mean, put yourself into Mi's shoes, could you ever trust a guy who you know was ordered to marry you...? Mei already is very sensitive about the topic of people doing things because they are ordered to do so, and even more after seeing Rihito and Lucia together.

OH.. I really shouldn't have read the spoiler. HAHA. >____<

speaking of the manga, is it complete or is it ongoing?

I wanted to read it before I watched this, but hey.. turns out I've got my order wrong.

Guest LazyAzian

I <3 episode 4!

Lucia-sama the mega female dog is in the house xD ~

Mei-chan, so lovable but needs to toughen up a be and not be so gullible.

Same here. I just watched it...without subs and I adore it.

Lots of bishies. :blush:

Is that oscar himejima looking so smexy ???? Sato takeru being so bratty yet so adorable ?

It's like hanakimi 2 :ph34r: BISHIES BISHIES :wacko:

I adore it too!!!! I love Hiro!!!!

I searched and found this blog that does fantastic updated summaries for alot of Japanese drama like Akai Ito and mei chan's Butler! it's so detailed that it kind of make up for me not understanding Japanese!! Here is the link for those who wants to find out what exactly is happening. :w00t:http://innerkaleidoscope.blogspot.com/

Guest susamirain

I think I might want to read the manga. It might give more substance to the story. My main interests in continuing to watch this drama so far, are finding out all the secrets I suspect that Rihito has about Mei-chan. I want to see what type of relationship Mei-chan will let happen between her, the butler, and her guy friend. It's beginning to look like a love triangle.

The other crazy butler seems to hold some secrets too. I just wonder how far he will take everything. I like his white hair though ^_^

Guest gorjuzghurl

I know right, that guy is soooo different from the way he was in hanakimi. :w00t:

Now he's HOT, so manly, his gaze can make every girl numb. His hair is fantastic XD The stache is so sexay. Aaah :wub:

you should see him in Nana 2 as Ren "nana's rockstar boyfriend" lol. Totally way different from his character here and in hana kimi.

anyway, didn't expect this to be good. the plot is out of this world but entertaining nonetheless.

OH.. I really shouldn't have read the spoiler. HAHA. >____<

speaking of the manga, is it complete or is it ongoing?

I wanted to read it before I watched this, but hey.. turns out I've got my order wrong.

[/quote]

The manga is still ongoing, chapt 18 is out..but I am not sure if that is suppose to be the latest :blush:

Guest strawberrynkiwi

episode 5 was by far the best.

it is rather nice to see rihito showing some emotions, but still too much mystery.

its good that they kinda knowledge their feelings for each other

now all we gotta wait is for them to have no more secrets between each other, on rihito's side of course.

and gosh this brothers and mei love triangle is getting juicier and juicier by the second.

it really just keeps getting better and better.

although i really do think i prefer hiro in absolute bf's character, as soshi, than as rihito.

i love bad boys. :blush:

I think I might want to read the manga. It might give more substance to the story. My main interests in continuing to watch this drama so far, are finding out all the secrets I suspect that Rihito has about Mei-chan. I want to see what type of relationship Mei-chan will let happen between her, the butler, and her guy friend. It's beginning to look like a love triangle.

The other crazy butler seems to hold some secrets too. I just wonder how far he will take everything. I like his white hair though ^_^

I've read the scanlations, but I wsn't really impressed with the manga. Outside of the fact that Mei-chan is a sweet 13 years old, and grandpa ordered Rihito (I think he's 21 or so) to sleep with her, and then marry her (talk about breaking some laws here. Yuck.), it doesn't really reveal anything f importance. :blink:

I really prefer the TV series so far...

Guest susamirain

I've read the scanlations, but I wsn't really impressed with the manga. Outside of the fact that Mei-chan is a sweet 13 years old, and grandpa ordered Rihito (I think he's 21 or so) to sleep with her, and then marry her (talk about breaking some laws here. Yuck.), it doesn't really reveal anything f importance. :blink:

I really prefer the TV series so far...

Thanks for the heads up. Usually the manga reads better than the live action. Maybe it's different from anime mangas. Mangas for animes probably tend to be better than the anime tv series. And it sounds like the manga had some risque stuff. :blink:

Guest justanordinarywriter

oh... episode 5 subs are out?

I don't like the brother at all... I think it's because the character is way too hyperactive and I don't find the actor the least bit attractive :D Hiro ftw.

Not yet, the episode was just out, so It sill be in a few days time I think. Kakijun sub is always fast, <3 <3 <3!

I love Sato Takeru, but he is a bit hyper in this drama I agree. In the first two episodes, I find it cute (esp after seeing Bloody Monday, it was a refreshing change) but somewhere along the way, sometimes he annoys me... :sweatingbullets: but I guess that's his character... He is totally different from Rihito and that what makes the drama more dynamic.

But * spoiler ahead* I guess we can see him more serious based on the preview. I don't understand japanese, but the last sentence Mameshiba said to mei is that he likes her in the preview? He's confessing? <3 Next week should be interesting!

you can download them on:

d-addicts: http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/torrents.php

LJ (you have to be a member to see the downloads)

http://community.livejournal.com/meichan_butler

http://community.livejournal.com/ourhour

btw unleashthegeek annouce suspension of her softsubs because some people posted her subs on streaming sites without permission:

http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_69892.htm

does ourhour require u to do something before u get accepted?i never get accepted :wacko:

Thanks for the heads up. Usually the manga reads better than the live action. Maybe it's different from anime mangas. Mangas for animes probably tend to be better than the anime tv series. And it sounds like the manga had some risque stuff. :blink:

Well, one part of the phenomenon might be that life-action TV-series are limited to 9-10 episodes, so the writers have to condense the story and salvage the essence of the story and the characters. Also, the target audience of a manga, an anime and a life-action TV show can be different. Like, the Mei-chan manga is surely aimed at very young girls (normally, the reader identifies best with the lead when the lead is between 2-3 years older than themselves), while the TV-Series also appeals to older teens and adults, i.e. with the thematic, episodic plots, where the "problems" of each butler/master pair are in direct relation to the relationship of the leader pair Mei&Rihito. For example, in episode 3, the unwillingness of the butler being forced away from his master clearly had an influence on how Mei saw her own situation, while episode 5 was an important turning point for Rihito (talk about disobediance! ;))...

I do like the growing conflict between the brothers, i.e. Kento's "growing up" quickly now that he's out of his happy-go-lucky highschool repaste and thrown into the harsh world of St. Lucia with all its nasty behind the scenes power play.

Talking about, whatever happened to the murder attempts on Mei from episode 1? Shouldn't they still happen? And now that Rihito's so scatterbrained around Mei after the hug and being confronted with his own feelings (maybe for the first time?), can he even still protect her?

Archived