[drama Japan 2009] メイちゃんの執事/mei Chan No Shi*

Guest t3n5h1_chu_k015h173

Guest Aquajoh1986

In episode 5... the confrontation between shinobu and Rihito... did anyone think that would be a perfect yaoi scene, i mean seriously... what was up w/the guy kind of caressing Hiro's face. it brought to mind that poor Rihito could have been involved with Lucia with Shinobu wanting a piece of the action. Hehe.... that scenerio cracks me up. Well have to wait 4 more days to the next episode.

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In episode 5... the confrontation between shinobu and Rihito... did anyone think that would be a perfect yaoi scene, i mean seriously... what was up w/the guy kind of caressing Hiro's face. it brought to mind that poor Rihito could have been involved with Lucia with Shinobu wanting a piece of the action. Hehe.... that scenerio cracks me up. Well have to wait 4 more days to the next episode.

Maybe I'm not thinking "stimulated" enough... :sweatingbullets:

But to me, that was a scene of power play and utter humiliation. It was meant to make Rihito so angry he'd lose his calm (I'm a girl, but if another girl came up and would carass my face like that (or a guy, for the matter) and get close to me like that, she'd risk getting slapped!).

Seriously, inviding private space is no joke, and that Shinobe guy knows perfectly where the other person's "buttons" are. For Rihito to resort to physical violence (as grabbing Shinobe's collar was a clear indicator - Rihito must've been raving mad to have lost control like that), a lot has to happen. The message Shinobe was sending was "You are useless and helpless and in my power. You can't even do something when I touch your face like I would do to someone being tied to a chair."

I just watched Ep 1 to 4! :) Will continue to watch this!

Woah, I wish I had a butler like Rihito~ :wub:

So many eye candies... :P

Thanks for the link la-la! :blush:

Off to download Ep 5~

U are welcome!! The blog site is great isnt it!!!?!!

I would have absolutely be in agony if not for Tvadddict detailed summaries!!!

I wish I have a butler like Rihito too!!! I will hardly be able to study and be swooning at him whole day like some love sick puppy! haa haa haa! :sweatingbullets:

read the manga summaries from Baidu, it contains lots of suggesting risque plots. which i felt those seems unnecessary.

anywayz i like this live drama much better than the manga and hopefully it does not goes the manga-way too much.

Guest chiahooi

In episode 5... the confrontation between shinobu and Rihito... did anyone think that would be a perfect yaoi scene, i mean seriously... what was up w/the guy kind of caressing Hiro's face.

Hahaha... I felt the same too! And I thought no one would maybe have the same thought, but you did! Haha! Ya, totally yaoi feel, but i think the white hair guy would rather kill Rihito... I'm watching chinese subs version on pps.tv, no need to download, just click and play, no loading like youtube oso... hehe... so i totally addicted already... and I now need to wait for days!! *cry*

Guest xradiostatic

i love this drama. i was excited to see mizushima hiro in another drama. :D

the girls there were so evil in the beginning, my goodness. in the first episode (or 2nd, i can't remember), i thought they had really poured kerosene on mei!

lucia just makes me nervous whenever i see her on screen LOL. i guess it's because even though she looks harmless, she can do so much damage...

Wow, rewatching episode 5 with subtitles revealed some more interesting things!

For once, Miruku & Daimon are so much like father and daughter, in how he cares and encourages her. She's right when she says he's like her family. I really liked the portrayal of their relationship, and how it was revealed that Daimon (I guess that is a codename, too? It would make sense. :sweatingbullets: ) even skipped chances of promotion just to remain with her. But Miruku rocks! I liked how she openly resents Lucia's regime. And it seems like Mei's presence slowly begins to shift the power within the group of students? That her classmates actually stood up for her! Izumi will make a great new "Lucia" in the future, now that she stopped being the doormat and actually starts following her conscience. :)

But I'm not quite sure if I should feel sorry for Rihito. I guess his own feelings took him by surprise, and hours of steaming in his own juices, fearing for Mei's life did the rest to push him over the proverbial cliff... but what Shinobe said is right.Rihito's a butler, and an S-rank butler at that. They have their work ethics too, and one of the rules (school rules non withstanding) is no hanky-panky with their master (especially because they work so closely and devotely for their master in this series, it would forbid anything "inappropriate" to ever develope). Rihito failed as a butler by not discouraging Mei's feelings for him, and he failed again by letting his own feelings get the better of him when he hugged Mei. The consequence? Look at how awkward things have become between Mei and Rihito. He makes mistakes over and over, is distracted and nervous... He's behaving more like Kento than the highly-praised s-class butler he's supposed to be. And now the pictures showed up. There are going to be consequences, since it's breaking school rules, but it also might have consequences in regards to the butler's association rank that he got...

Shinobu, who's older than Rihito, expertedly used the weak spot in Rihito's defenses to get what he wants... He's manipulating the situation from the start, even in pushing Mei to Rihito in the first place. That guy's really scary, and I think that it will be very hard to outwit him. But I have to admit it made me shiver when I heard Lucia say how she wants Rihito back at all costs - even if that meant destroying him. How can she call that love?

Hiro makes the perfect Rhito. I finally read the manga... well what was translated. The manga's different from the live action.

I don't know if it's good or bad right now. but the role of the grandpa is kind of different. hmmm.

but my thoughts on the two.

I think the relationship between Rhito and Mei was a little fast. the age difference too. isn't mei like 13 and rhito like 21?

the live action's building the relationship, which I like. They both are starting to take notice of one another.

Episode 5 was so cute. I can't wait for Ep. 6. Lucia is one crazy woman.

Guest LazyAzian

I LOVE EPISODE 5!

Miruku can totally pwn Lucia-sama anytime in terms of betchyness.

When Miruku said those things to Lucia sama, I just said "Dang girl you got pwned in the face by a little girl."

That girl will grow up to be x10 more mean than Lucia sama , but at leats deep down she had a kind heart :D ~

Guest xsilentangel

OMG The last episode was AWESOME.

I loved the ending OMFG HE WRAPPED HIS ARMS AROUND HER!! They are so cute together but poor Mameshiba :(

Shinobu and Lucia-sama are SO FREAKING CREEPY AHHH!!!

I really wonder what kind of evils Lucia and Shinobu will have up their sleeves! The last scene of the preview, where Rihito took Lucia's hand, his eyes looked rather empty/dead, as if she had broken his fighting spirit....

one thing that made me wonder how come the 4 evil girls (with the same hair cut) from the sole rank don't have butlers?

Well... (outside of the rather obvious "saving money because we have to pay less actors" aspect? ;))

I'm pretty sure they also have butlers, just we don't see them, as the situations where they show up don't require them to run around with their butlers.

And these sole-girls are not part of Mei's class, so they would just "come for a brief visit" where their butlers are not needed when they show up to announce some "verdict"....

I also think that their butlers are of no consequence to the story itself, just like the rest of the students, who only show up once in the very beginning as "crowd", but they never again show up afterwards... :sweatingbullets:

Guest xradiostatic

omg...episode 5 was crazy.

i love miruku-chan and how she easily stood up to lucia-sama and her fakeness/evilness/etc. the relationship between she and daimon is so cute. they're like father and daughter. ^_^

i wonder who it was that gave lucia-sama the photos of rihito and mei hugging...! and i feel sorry for rihito's brother since he likes mei, and mei likes his brother. D:

OMG I NEED SOME JUICE!!!!! There's no spoilers or anything? No scenerios for future eps or speculations that people got in the episodes?! OMG OMG!! I love this!

This drama is AMAZING!!! The plot is so twisted and the romance to me is perfectly fine. :] It pops up once in a while and although you don't get as much, I don't expect much in the first few eps. Also, the light hearted moments fill in my desires! THIS WAS AN AMAZINGLY PLOTTED STORYLINE!! The producers improved it to an AMAZING drama. It's completely addictive and I was squealing in my seat for this drama. I really didn't expect much, but this is SO UNDERRATED FOR SOOMPI!! This is like a mix of Hana Kimi and Hana Yori Dango for me. It's LOVE!! I love this drama! it's amazing :]. It really fills in for me since BOF is being dumb about GaEul and Yi Jeong lately! This drama makes me SO HAPPY!!

DID YOU NOT WATCH IT?! You're TOTALLY MISSING OUT!!! xD

Guest tru32urluv

I'm pretty excited about this drama right now too haha.

Finish up to ep 5 and now I have to wait darn...

But ep 5 was good ^^ Love Miruku-chan <33

I'm anticipating ep.6 so much! GAH!

Mean Lucia >.<

Guest colloquy

This drama is getting pretty good. The first three episodes I was pretty meh... but the last two episodes have been very good. I totally LOL'ed when they said Lucia is 'beautiful'... idk, she looks creepy to me, maybe mildly pretty, but def not beautiful.

I actually read the first volume of the manga a long time ago, and didn't like it. I think there is a lot of liberties taken here, and that's a good thing.

I think Shinobe is a pervert. Ahaha, it's cute.

Archived