[drama Japan 2009] メイちゃんの執事/mei Chan No Shi*

Guest t3n5h1_chu_k015h173

Guest susamirain

Haven't seen episode 7 but read someone's post and realized it had spoilers in it. So basically not too much suspense left, I'll just watch in fun ^_^

I'm all the way in the US, so I get stuff kinda slow plus I have to wait on english subs too.

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest strawberrynkiwi

Hiro looks so good in that one scene, when he wasn't wearing butler uniform and was at Mei's home town and watching Kento and her going to school.

That outfit, black trench and white shirt. I almost died of hotness. :blush:

The last scene was surprisingly touching. How Kento hugged her was very cute. I think its also because Nana is so tall, Kento needed the log to help him look bigger to actually give off the feeling that he can protect Mei. haha.

I sometimes really wish jdoramas would be longer, like kdramas. <_<

Guest swirly-whirl

^ OMG...!!! They ARE the same!! They're completely different characters so I didn't notice LOL!

Who was he in Zettai Kareshi? I don't remember him. @.@

he didnt play like a big role

he was the guy that aibu saki liked at first

and she gave him creampuffs but he was like "her creampuffs taste nasty" and then hayami mokomichi like punched him.

weird though 'cause in THAT show he totally looked the same.

that's a little off topic BUT

grah i almost wanted to read the spoilers 'cause i havent had the chance to watch X____x

Guest xsilentangel

Just finished episode 7.

Oh my gosh, Mameshiba's words were so touching, sweet, and reassuring but I still support the Rihito-Mei-chan relationship :/.. I have no idea how this drama will end. I want Lucia-sama to get what she deserves though. Oh and I forgot Tami. Her smile is so evil. It was sweet of the other girls, along with their butlers, to make the udon. I can't wait for the next episode.

Yeah, I also can't say who she's going to end up with as this is a Jdrama and quite often, the girl doesn't end up with the person she's been crushing on for 90% of the drama.

Anyway, I was completely supporting Rihito but now I must say I also support the brother because he's really putting himself out there... so I guess either one is fine with me :D

Guest hanilemon

Aah I still can't get over Nana's hair. So short. I would always watch her in seventeen magazine or in dramas/movies and her long hair was really nice.

anyways. Wah-! I loooved episode 7. Major spoilers ahead i guess.

It was soooo sweet how the girls tried to do everything they can to convince Mei from leaving. The imitations was hilarious hahah. "Cho shock!"

Mameshiba was so cute in the end. It was nice hearing him speak in a soft voice instead of the usual loud obnoxious one. He really really grew onto me the past couple episodes.

Btw- when rihito said 'before i realized, i am not a butler anymore' was that a confession of his love for her? o:

OHOH btw again, anyone wondering who the 'fiance' mentioned at the end.. it must be mei's father cause in a previous episode rose said that both mother and daughter have the ability of keeping a man devoted to her or something similar to that. (<- credit to the d-addict thread, i never wouldve thought of that aha)

This is the first time I can't decide which pair to root for in a Jdrama. Usually I root for the obvious pair but I'm stuck this time, lol. Either one's fine i guess but I'll really feel bad for the leftover in the end.

Guest exiledvg

I so love watching this drama.. I'm cheering for Kento (although i have a feeling he's not gonna end up with Mei).. love the ending scene of episode 7 .. 8 looks to be very interesting B) ... i also can't wait for the background explanation of butler Shinobu (why is he so loyal to Lucia?)

The ending song of Mei-chan no Sh*tsuji, anyone know the title and artist? Thanks in advance. I love the words/meaning of that song.

edit:

My Sunshine by Rock'A'Trench

vv thanks pro_girl

Guest winged

Hihi lovelies~! ^^

Question: Does anyone know what is that song/melody that they play during the OPENING credits of the show? Love the tune and desperately looking for it~! <333

Thanks a bunchos in advanced~! :)

Guest christina

Aah I still can't get over Nana's hair. So short. I would always watch her in seventeen magazine or in dramas/movies and her long hair was really nice.

anyways. Wah-! I loooved episode 7. Major spoilers ahead i guess.

It was soooo sweet how the girls tried to do everything they can to convince Mei from leaving. The imitations was hilarious hahah. "Cho shock!"

Mameshiba was so cute in the end. It was nice hearing him speak in a soft voice instead of the usual loud obnoxious one. He really really grew onto me the past couple episodes.

Btw- when rihito said 'before i realized, i am not a butler anymore' was that a confession of his love for her? o:

OHOH btw again, anyone wondering who the 'fiance' mentioned at the end.. it must be mei's father cause in a previous episode rose said that both mother and daughter have the ability of keeping a man devoted to her or something similar to that. (<- credit to the d-addict thread, i never wouldve thought of that aha)

This is the first time I can't decide which pair to root for in a Jdrama. Usually I root for the obvious pair but I'm stuck this time, lol. Either one's fine i guess but I'll really feel bad for the leftover in the end.

In answer to your question, I believe it was. I watched the episode with Korean subtitles and it translated as saying, "before I knew it, my feelings for Mei sama surpassed that of a butlers." So, I think it was... and I know alot of what is said can get lost in translation but I think the korean subs are pretty close since the two languages can be somewhat similar .

Guest xradiostatic

episode 7 = awesome.

first of all - wow. no wonder why tami is so willing (i guess i could say) to do whatever lucia-sama says. she's indebted to her...wow. both of them need to be set straight, seriously. when rose-sama went to see lucia-sama, i thought she was going to tell her off, but she just told her basically "rihito is a shell now without mei. why would you want his shell? it's not the same...." but of course, lucia-sama didn't even believe her. <.< but then lucia said something about "how would you feel if your fiance was taken away from you?"

so is she saying that whoever ends up with rihito as a butler, they'll eventually marry him?! O:

the end....i was "Awww"-ing so much when kento was hugging mei. ;_;

and i was creeped out when rihito woke up in the bed and lucia sama was there holding his hand. LOL. i'd be scared for my life if i woke up and she was holding my hand. XD

i don't know if i should be team kento or team rihito. rihito seems so....unable to express emotions at times (but that's probably because he's a butler and he can't be out in the open about his feelings for mei), but from what he said in ep 7, he really loves her. at the same time though, kento's known mei forever, and probably knows her through and through....

okay. i'm going to stop analyzing fake people's lives/relationships. XD

he didnt play like a big role

he was the guy that aibu saki liked at first

and she gave him creampuffs but he was like "her creampuffs taste nasty" and then hayami mokomichi like punched him.

weird though 'cause in THAT show he totally looked the same.

that's a little off topic BUT

grah i almost wanted to read the spoilers 'cause i havent had the chance to watch X____x

Lol, the guy that Aibu Saki first liked wasn't Hiro.

Hiro was the one who was actually like, mmm these creampuffs are tasty when he picked them off the floor and ate it xD

Sorry off topic :sweatingbullets:

I just finished watching episode 7, and the ending <3333

I hate waiting for the next episode to be subbed when I'm hooked onto a drama T.T

Does anybody have any recommendations for dramas that are similar to this one.

Kinda like silly comedy, lol. I don't really know how to explain haha

Erm....manga comedy??! xD

Another example includes Hana Kimi

Guest swirly-whirl

Lol, the guy that Aibu Saki first liked wasn't Hiro.

Hiro was the one who was actually like, mmm these creampuffs are tasty when he picked them off the floor and ate it xD

Sorry off topic :sweatingbullets:

you misread what i wrote and besides you werent follow what we were talking about anyway XD;;

i wasnt talking about mizushima hiro, i was talking about kyo nobuo who plays nezu in this drama

(and why would i say mizushima hiro didnt play a big role in zettai kareshi when he was soushi, one of the "love rivals" ? @___@ haha)

haha digressed againnnn but i just wanted to clear that up so i didnt seem dumb/wrong HAHA

spoilers so hidinggg tami was creepy! i was surprised by her scary smile and stuff X____x

i loved the oyaji gag on choushoku and chou shokku HAHA oyaji gags get me everytime.

the girls + their butlers are sweet <3

i sorta dont want mei with rihito, but to be with mameshiba instead X_____x is that just me?! HAHAH

^ Totally agree with your spoiler comments.

I just LOVEEEEEEE Mizushima Hiro even more while watching this drama.

The more I look at him, he's more beautiful... and sexy in all the right places. lol.

Not gonna lie, I was watching episode 7 in the darkness of my room at 1:00 AM, and when Tami's creepy smile filled the computer screen, I was freaked out quite a bit, haha!

I think I want Mei to be with Kento...he's just so sincere, hehe. And you can tell he will stick by his promises; I mean, just look at all he's done for Mei so far!

Guest 0071430264321

理人(水嶋ヒロ)は、弟の剣人(佐藤健)から、メイ(榮倉奈々)を賭けた勝負を挑まれる。壮絶な殴り合いを繰り広げる中で迷いを吹っ切った理人は、ボロボロになりながらも剣人を倒して立ち上がり、もう2度と側を離れない、とメイに約束する――。

理人同様、剣人も体中に傷を負っていた。リカ(大政絢)や青山(真山明大)から、大げさな手当てを受ける剣人。メイは、そんな彼の姿を複雑な思いで見つめていた。

同じころ、ルチア宮では、忍(向井理)と多美(谷村美月)が対峙していた。多美は、忍を非難するかのように、これからどうするつもりなのか、と問いかけた。しかし忍は、何も言わずにただ微笑むだけだった。

Would someone translate this, please?

Archived