Are You A Tomboy?

Guest ~*suiyuk*~

Guest trabia-wind

I used to be tomboyish.. but now I dress really girly... I love wearing heels/skirts/etc. :)

but I still act more like a guy.. I have wayy more guy friends than girls.. not really interested in all that girly gossip stuff =/

my guy friend told me, "your clothes do not fit your personality.. when I first saw you, judging by your clothes I thought you were one of those girly girls who have a high-quality "air"/class about them (so hard to explain in english..), but after getting to know you more... I realized you aren't classy at all" <_< <_<

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So are you a tomboy? ... yess

Why.. what made you turn into a tomboy? loose clothing fetish ;) lol

Have u ever been mistaken as a boy? heck yeah o_o

How tomboy-ish are you? i don't dress girly; i love sports; hate make up... and i have short hair

what will make u turn girly? .. seeing pretty girls D: *gets jealous.. wants to look pretty too... starts wearing girly clothes* XD but that doesn't last long... i'd end up wearing loose clothing again. haha

When did you change back to being girl? i don't really approve the ordinary average girl characteristics and assumptions like how people expect girls to look. i'm just being me whether i'm being an average girl or not, i'm still a girl. if that makes sense..

Guest .hidden melody.

Err only in the sense that I don't like wearing skirts... xD It's a lot easier to move around in pants haha. x:

And maybe in personality in some ways? XD

Guest yi_jae_soo

So are you a tomboy? ... Uh...Yea I guess XD

Why.. what made you turn into a tomboy? ... Hrm....I hated makeup and girly stuff for a lifetime and I heard some really scary rape stories...And I have 2 sisters but I had alot of cousins that are boys o__o

Have u ever been mistaken as a boy? many times, man, many times....I got asked out by 2 girls XD

How tomboy-ish are you? I walk and stand like a guy...I wear guy clothings..I'm basically myself 0.0

what will make u turn girly? .. LOL TVXQ..and maybe hanboks...i really want to wear one

When did you change back to being girl? about a 2 years ago. Soon I realized that i didn't really like it so i went for what I liked 8D So I'm still a tomboy pretty much

When it comes to clothes I look for something unisex (suitable for guys and girls) but it's mostly like 75% guys and 25% girl XDDD My mom's totally against it, and she's trying to make me grow my hair out 0__0

So are you a tomboy?

I guess so, half? I used to be more of a tomboy years ago.

Why.. what made you turn into a tomboy?

Watching Disney movie Mulan : D !

I wanted to be just like her! xD Fighting in the army and stuff hehe.

Have u ever been mistaken as a boy?

Yes, by a drunk in broad daylight, how weird is that? It's probably cos of my short hair, I look very boyish with short hair, even if it is almost shoulder length =="

How tomboy-ish are you?

I refuse to wear girly clothes consisting of baby pink, love hearts and etc.

Have a thing for hating high heels. All of my shoes are flat soled apart from a pair of boots.

I own more pants than skirts, rarely wear skirts.

What will make u turn girly?

Erm, if I get rich and start a mad shopping spree around London's Boutiques lol

When did you change back to being girl?

A year ago?

I realised how much fun it was to dress up as a true girl, wear skirts and experiment/put on make up lol :P

Also had a thing with lolita and Japan, their clothes and make up and style! ><

Guest rabbitXdog

Why.. what made you turn into a tomboy? ... Those perverted men who I walked by on the street that gave me 'the look', 'the talk', and once even groped me. I realized that being a boy would reduce the chance of being assaulted <_<

Have u ever been mistaken as a boy? yea...funny that when I had long hair, guys look back at me. When I have short hair, guys and girls look back at me...hmmm?

How tomboy-ish are you? :mellow: ? 9/10.

what will make u turn girly? .. Love from a boy.

When did you change back to being girl? few months ago. Now my hair is long and I gonna curl it ! :rolleyes: I'm not afraid of men anymore...but still feel VERY disgusted.

Ok, listen to all the tomboy out there...Don't EVER bind your chest like I did.

1- If you ever have babies in future, the poor baby won't have a nice milk bottle to hang on to.

2- Very bad for your health.

I once nearly passed out one a very hot day while having my chest binded.

If you ever get harassed by perverts, don't keep the matter to yourself, tell your parents, adults about it!

Other than that, being a tomboy is pretty much one step toward feminine xD! If you wanna be a girl, just act the opposite of when you're a tomboy :mellow:

.... my friends said that I look good as a boy, not much as a girl.... :tongue2: how do you think?

bdya-1.jpg <---1 year ago

i always liked hanging out with boys than girls.

never been mistaken as a boy.

super tomboyish? ie. sat like a boy, talk like a boy, tried to be as strong as a boy xD

first boyfriend? thats probrably what made me turn girly

umm arounddd 14-15 ?

So are you a tomboy? ...

i dont know if i really was concidered tomboyish?my style is just really guyish O_O

Why.. what made you turn into a tomboy? ... hahhaa alot of guy friends XD

Have u ever been mistaken as a boy? way too many times D:

How tomboy-ish are you? not sure O_O

what will make u turn girly? .. new clothes :D

When did you change back to being girl?when i change between styles LOL!

Guest KOGEPANN;)

Why.. what made you turn into a tomboy? ...

-It's what happens when you have no sisters and all brothers XD weird influence, I didn't start wearing make up until 16.

-I think in my younger days, when I dressed in the baggy tees and tracksuit bottoms, with my hair tied back, when I had nno curves and was boobless :P

How tomboy-ish are you?

-I punch like a man >< ..so they say, nearly all my friends are guys, a few close girl friends. I don't mind sweating or running around, I play online games (ragnarok/WoW/Street Fighter/Tekken etc.) whaat a classic (: bleh.

what will make u turn girly? ..

-The influence of my close girl friends, I swear once they even forced me down to put make up on me XD well that's how I remembered it.

Or when I started really liking a guy I figured he'd want somoene that looks like a girl than a slob XD

When did you change back to being girly?

-When I reached.. The age of 14-15 I think, I may look and dress 'girly' and mature but I'm still a tomboy deep down :)

So are you a tomboy?

Kinda, my style leans towards the boyish look.

Two older brothers and getting their hand-me-downs when I was little LOL

Yeah once or twice when i was younger and had really short hair

How tomboy-ish are you?

Moderately I suppose. :/ I still like wearing comfy pants and sweaters over skirts.

Skirts make me feel so... concious about myself lol

what will make u turn girly?

Events like b-days or something or if I feel like being girly.

Maybe when I was 13 I think, my friends at the time were into the makeup thing then.

Guest ace4va111

uhm...yeah, i guess so....why?

1st off-i am the only daughter of 3 and being the eldest i feel i have the responsibility to be as tough

2nd-i am a daddy's girl (idk if that's a good reason....)

3rd-i have more male cousins than females though i have 1 really close female cousin...

4th-i have as much male friends as female friends

5th-i think i have a terrible experience at a public transportation when i was in grade school where i felt i was abused in some way? where there's this kid who just groped me out of nowhere...which was a terrible experience.,....i hope nobody's gonna experience that and hope i'll never go through that again....regardless, God bless that person...i guess that's why i always throw a tough look in public when i'm alone...

have i been mistaken as a boy? ...let me see...i'm not really sure if they've mistaken me as a boy apart from the baggy clothes i wear...

how tomboy-ish am i? hmm....well, i kinda hit back my guy friends when they do hit me....they tell me i'm as cold as ice when i'm pissed or prolly not just in the mood....

what will make me girly? prolly when it comes to cleanliness, shoes, and hmm....looking through mags quite often...

when did i change back to being a girl? well...i dunno...i kinda go back and forth....it's hard to have an instant transition...

Guest nine0doll.

So are you a tomboy?

Not really i use to be tomboyish and i still am in terms of personality

Why.. what made you turn into a tomboy? i got a little turned off by the fluffy dresses that my mum made me wear when i was younger . My dad was delighted and got me to wear boy clothes which i didn't really mind , that was up until the end of primary school though, then i went back into dessing more girly lol.

Have u ever been mistaken as a boy? no

How tomboy-ish are you? Girly in appearance interested in make up, clothes whatever but i'm also loud, physical and goofy. I enjoy action, horror, thriller movies more than romantic ones. I used to find boys much more fun to be around with.

what will make u turn girly? I turned girly when i found out boys were actually attracted to me.

When did you change back to being girl? yr 7? lol i'm still very much a tomboy.

Guest aisah_dami

So are you a tomboy? ... u see my ans n judge

-Why.. what made you turn into a tomboy?

since i was born? my mom used to make me dress up like a doll with the pretty dresses and ribbons dangling here and there but i kind of tried to pull that out.. and the stupid doll shoes that hurt my feet so much..

-Have u ever been mistaken as a boy?

during primary school days when i was 11, my friend,a girl told me that if i were a guy she wld gladly date me n wun let me go~ LoL! i felt so gg to vomit that tym but yup since she's my fren i swallowed it back~~then in sec school, although i'm wearing a uniform wif skirt on, there are some girls in my school(the seniors) kind of asked me if i gt a brother, which i dun haf 1 and they kind of asked me out wif ntheir frens being girly and laughg n stuffs( all of my hair really stood up) LoL! and outside of school, girls from other schools came by to take a peek at me?! n once i step out of the school gate, i suddenly felt like how wondergirls arrived at s'pore airport LOL! :sweatingbullets: I do haf a fair amt of guys liking me but end up becoming my brothers n sm heartbroken MIA.Anyways im actually quite aloof n dun talk much n i do haf a haircut like wondergirls yoobin wen she was a tomboy but wateva~ i remembered a gal from dun noe which level gave me a stalk of rose and a stupid mushy poem under my desk during valentine..i tot it was a guy but it was a girl that i almost fell out from my seat that day( it was damn embarrassing wen my frens teased me but i stayed cool) that's wen the girls started the commotion of"omg she so cool!" and i was rolling my eyes b throwg the rose n poem in the dustbin and the girl actually cried and i felt damn bad but i stayed cool :unsure: in my polytechnic days, i cut my hair after seeing the female model in the magazine. it turns out exactly the same which was supposed to look lady-like but wen i wen to school the next day, all the guys was like omg and the girls was like "wah~so cool and hen shuai (in eng- handsome/looks good) <_< i gt to noe tat the hairstyle actually belongs to jj of dbsk (i wasn't a korean fan back then) so :sweatingbullets: again

-How tomboy-ish are you?

i wld like to think tat im not tat tomboyish cos i dun play soccer or football..im just aloof, quiet, like to be with myself,thinks like a guy 1/2 of the tym,dress in casual tees and jeans with converse shoes,plays basketball and hockey and i like to have my hair short tats all..i dn see y ppl see me as a tomboy (even my closest frens and relatives says that...my guy relatives treat me like a guy too~~I dun noe if i shld laugh or cry :tears: )

-what will make u turn girly? ..

the day that i became a korean fanatic... :lol:

wen i got to noe jj of dbsk

-When did you change back to being girl?

same answer as above qn :lol:

Guest Saebin :D

So are you a tomboy?

I was for a long time..

I hated wearing skirts/dresses etc so there was like this time when I was younger, I would wear baggy jeans and shirts. (and I prefer clothing at the men's area rather than the women's.)

I guess it's the tomboy phase many girls have.

But i still don't wear skirts. LOL. But I've worn dresses/tunics with leggings a few times.

Idk what caused my 'tomboyishness', lol, but I think mainly I'm just not comfortable wearing skirts and being so girly etc etc

Maybe I wanted to be as boyish as possible so I don't attract unwanted attention hahahah.

Nope

Mixing with girly friends. LOL

Um, Grade 7-8?

As for now.. I'm not as tomboyish as before for sure :]

Guest hunnyy_x3

i think i'm tomboyy .

But, i mean .. I can wear really girly honger clothes sometimes,

at other times, i would wear sweats, a baggy shirt/sweater, and a hat.

i dont know, i've been like this all my life :3

i hate my clothes though, and i don't go out much.

i should really go shopping ;x

Guest Lindazette

Why.. what made you turn into a tomboy? i think it was fate...:P

Have u ever been mistaken as a boy? YES all the time. everyone thinks my mum has three sons :sweatingbullets:

How tomboy-ish are you? My hair, clothing, attitude, i guess its because i ALWAYS hang around with my brother and my friends are mostly boys

what will make u turn girly? when a boy i like tells me too :mellow:

When did you change back to being girl? i'm not

i hate dresses, flats, heels, shopping is a killer, pink is disgusting. :)

Guest PunchNine

Why.. what made you turn into a tomboy? ...

For one, I hung out with my big brother a lot as a kid.

And two, I was really fat and really tall in kindergarten, taller than all the boys. (through most of my elementary/Junior high days),

I didn't look very feminine. Honestly I look like a chubby boy.

To make things worse, my kindergarten teachers always made me dance as boys with another girl when we had boy X girl coupling dances. (complete with boy's costumes)I'd hate it when my mom try to put me into frilly, frumpy, girly pink dresses, because for one, my mom could never find a size that'd fit me. I'd feel constricted in my too-small dress and I'd feel ugly.

When did you change back to being girly

At one point during puberty (or after), I lost alot of weight, and my facial features became more feminine.

I'm still not very girly/feminine, but I look like a girl (in a sense that I wear clothes made for girls)

How tomboy-ish are you?

I don't act or look like a tomboy anymore... but in a way, I feel that I'm still one... in essence. (LOL does that even make sense?)

You don't turn girly by force. If you feel that you are one, then that's who you are, and there's nothing wrong with that.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived