Are You A Tomboy?

Guest ~*suiyuk*~

Guest ItsAlexis

been a tomboy for as long as i can remember.

Wore boyish clothes, played tons of sports, hung out with guys, behaved like a boy. idk why thought. I think i always saw girls as "weak" and i didnt like that..? o_O i really have no idea why haha

i grew out of it at about..maybe after my first year in college?

now im just "normal" i'll have my girly high maintenance day and i'll have my "i dont really care" boyish days..xD

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest paintyourxtarget

used to be before late high school, and I'm very glad for it. I didn't spend as much time on my appearance, and I honestly didn't care what people thought of me. now that people look at me in that way, it makes me self-conscious--which makes me more aware of my appearance. although I have to say, I really enjoy the aesthetics of style; not "giggle giggle heels and lipstick and skirts" (which actually isn't 'fashion'), but what my own sense of style is.

I was never mistaken for a boy because I didn't have short hair and occasionally wore things no man would ever wear (leggings, because they're the epitome of leg comfort). I always went to the boy's dept for things like jeans.

my sister is in high school now, and always has to own the latest trends. she started wearing makeup in middle school, and all her friends are vapid spoiled things who turned her into a shallow idiot (love her but it's true) . her grades are atrocious compared to what mine were at her age.

I now 17, soon to be 18. My mom says that I became a little more feminine. but I have no one says that I am courageous. all say that I like a boy or a girl on the other just darling!

Ever since I can remember, I was very tomboyish. Comes from living in a family of males- brothers and relatives. Even in primary school, I'd prefer to wear long pants instead of the cute stripy dresses we had as a uniform (something I now regret!). As a baby, no one ever believed I was a girl (because of my parents history of boys), so my parents proved it by taking my nappy off. lol

Then in high school, I attended an all girls school which wow... was different. First year, let my hair down. Second, hair cut. Third, hello make up. Forth, fifth and sixt, moved to a co-ed school and hello boys! Saw them in a new light! ahaha, so voila. That's my story.

Guest toomanytrucks

I'm a girly tomboy.  I grew up around motorcycles, cars and trucks.  I only recently, within the last few years started giving my appearance even more attention and work, out of my own insecurity.  I still love my toys though than shopping.

I used to be sort of a tomboy when I was younger. I wore boys clothes and shopped in the boys department. I don't know what I was thinking back then. Probably low self esteem with my looks. Started changing when I entered college. I saw how pretty girls look with their dresses, etc so I slowly changed my style. I'm all girly now but I have days when I'll put on my boys outfit but that's more like a rare occasion now. 

Guest AdelynnLEE

So are you a tomboy? ... I used to be a tomboy,but much more girly now..<br style="color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-family: 'Comic Sans MS'; font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; ">

Why.. what made you turn into a tomboy? ... I was a very fat girl,so i'm very lack confident of myself,and don't know why i want to be  a guy,even planned to become a "real" guy (by surgery of course)..properly cause i found out that being guys are much easy..don't need to wear dress and others..and no boycott..(girls will boycott ugly girl always..)so...hmm..

Have u ever been mistaken as a boy?no,but many people said i'm handsome when i dress as a guy

How tomboy-ish are you?hmm..just feel like i'm a guy,not a girl,and even think and speak like a guysweatingbullets.gif

what will make u turn girly? i don't know,actually not really girly like other girls,i just said no more rude words and behave girly attitude,i still don't like make up and pink,short dress and others.

When did you change back to being girl?just few years ago.

Guest awkward

i'll just answer this question cos i find it interesting lol

Why.. what made you turn into a tomboy? i dont how to answer this question because i never chose to be a tomboy. like, i've always been one, and i never thought about it, planned it, or anything... so i can't really pinpoint an exact period of when i "turned into a tomboy", or a reason WHY, if i did, TURN into one.

just a side note: i've read somewhere that you can't "choose" to be a tomboy, but perhaps "born" as one - something to do with the levels of prenatal testosterone (male hormone released during early pregnancy or something lol).

Guest raven06

As a little girl I was super girly and dressed up & hung out with all girls & played house & was ALWAYS into romantic crap & princess-y stuff. But eventually I grew out of that. & started following my brother around since he was super "cool" & all the younger boys looked up to him.

In high school was when I started to become a real tom-boy. I cut my hair off & hung out with boys more because there were so many annoying girls at school who all just talked about boys and who is the bigger sk@nk. Always drama.

I somewhat dressed like a guy. & definitely had my share of people thinking I was a boy. Definitely been hit on by straight girls. & awkwardly walked away quickly..

But anyways guys always tell me now that I am way more chill than most girls because I don't start drama & don't overreact about stupid little things. I just take an interest in guy things more than girls. It's funny because when I was super girly as a kid my sister who is only a year older than me (but we're in the same grade) was a tomboy. she pretty much thought she was a guy. And as teenagers we reversed roles. Now we get compared like no other. because we are sooooo different.

But I've become more girlier. I love makeup & I just graduated from beauty school. I just think my estrogen level is lower than most girls but I'm not the "butch" type. I still dress in skinny jeans vans & t-shirts. All day, every day. ;) don't care about looking girly. Just my face! My tomboy stage is definitely just a phase though. (:

• 2 months later...

So are you a tomboy? Yes. I kind of always have been - ever since a kid people have mistaken me for a boy because of my often boyish behavior.

Why.. what made you turn into a tomboy? I think it's because I didn't have a lot of older girls as role models / female relatives around my age but instead grew up playing with an older brother and a bunch of male cousins.

Have u ever been mistaken as a boy? Multiple times. Even my "friends" back in the elementary school would call me boyish (in a negative manner, though). At that time it hurt actually because I wanted to be more girly. I have always striven to be more feminine, however, this spring I decided to get rid of my long/longish hair because I felt confident enough to do so. I also have a crush on a girl so I guess that kind of pushed me to do it, too.

How tomboy-ish are you? On a scale from 1 to 10.. I'd say 6. If I wear boyish clothing, I obviously look like a tomboy. Sometimes I act boyish, too, but then again people these days tend to tell me that my behavior is sometimes very girlish - and there are times when I want to feel feminine, e.g. last Wednesday when we had this fancy dinner party... I actually wore a dress there and people complimented me and told me I was looking pretty.

what will make u turn girly? I guess if I were to fall for a guy again. I consider myself bisexual (holymotherofgod how could I NOT like both men and women.. I mean wow, both genders can sometimes be so gorgeous) and obviously whenever I want to attract the one I like, I'm trying to please them with the way I look - and in the case of a girl, I am going for the tomboy look. I don't know really if that's worked or not but.. I still like her and we're close, haha. At least my new look has given me more confidence to approach her.

When did you change back to being girl? This question sounds a bit awkward because after all we're girls even when we're tomboys. However I get that the question is to ask whether or not we have "changed back" to being girly (if we ever were to begin with) - my answer is no. I will always be a tomboy at heart. Fashionwise, I don't know. I like boyish clothing a lot but feminine clothing, too. I guess I kind of "can't" be boyish for too long anymore (or at least I need to change my wardrobe into a more grown-up one lol) because I've already hit my twenties and I'm a university student, even though in my department everyone's quite laid back.

In case you're interested, here are both before (girlygirl) and after (tomboy) pictures:

Before | After

And yup, I'm on both of them, haha.

I used to be tomboy-ish during middle school and first two years of high school. I never EVER wore skirts/dresses/cute shoes. Just jeans and my All Star. I always ended up cutting my hair short, usually to chin length but a couple of times I even got almost-boyish lenth hair. But since last year I started adoring long hair...and then makeup. And then cute/feminine clothes! Although I was just not so willing to wear them. Maybe the fact that I had a boyfriend helped this. Now that I'm 19 I believe that girls should be somewhat classy/graceful (not that I am those lol). You know, I think that girls who swear a lot or act like men are just a turn-off.

Guest novemberfifteenth

I used to be a tomboy... maybe. Haha, I wasn't too interested in wearing dresses and I hated the colour pink. I didn't understand girls who wanted to wear make-up. Also I didn't care how I looked or dressed at the time. I entered high school and got really into boy bands (lol) and idk, that made me want to take care of my appearance more and dress nicer.

Though there was this period of time in grade 10 when I cut my hair super short and wanted to dress like a guy, which freaked my mum out.

Nowadays I'm trying to dress more sophisticated, though not necessarily more feminine. I don't mind the whole hoodies and sweats look but I have a baby face so I really want to look older. I think dressing more appropriately would help me out in this department haha. I do wish I could dress more girly, but dresses aren't me and I would just look really out of place in frilly skirts and whatnot. My personality contrasts this... I could care less about what's appropriate behaviour for a girl or not. Totally have those days where I just throw on whatever and walk like a slob out the door.

• 1 month later...
Guest LovePinku

ummmm well i used to be a tom boy......... im like normal now.........i got mistaken as a boy cross-dressing as a girl once tho....... cuz i used to have a guy hair style (think key in lucifer) and i had to wear a dress cuz i hadda go to a wedding..... soo yeah.....

• 1 month later...
Guest aliciaatethesandwich

In elementary school I used to buy boy clothes because all of my friends were boys and I wanted to fit in more with them. Plus I really liked Pokemon and I never saw any Pokemon shirts for girls. When I went to middle school, I turned relatively girly. Now, I practically live in button downs, jeans or cargo shorts, and TOMS. There have been times where guy classmates and I have worn nearly identical outfits though. Like one time, my guy friend (who I sat beside in class) and I accidentally both came to school in pink button downs, khaki pants, and Sperrys and our teacher told us it was cute that we wore couples outfits.....it was pretty awkward.

Now I dress really "preppy" and simple so a lot of times, I do come to school looking similar to guys, but I also like to wear jewelry and style my hair nicely to counter the unisex-ness.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest Iron_Maiden

I consider myself to be a combination of feminine and tomboy but leaning more towards feminine. 
Why.. what made you turn into a tomboy? ... 

Well, I'm not fully a tomboy but I lived under the same roofs filled with male family members except for my mom. She is very picky when it comes to beauty and physical appearances.

Have u ever been mistaken as a boy?

No I have not. I haven't went far as to having my hair above my shoulders in a boyish style so yeah. I think it also might have to do with the fact that my face looks a tad too feminine to look like a guy's.

How tomboy-ish are you?
Well...oftentimes the way I act and carry myself is somewhat like a guy. The thought of becoming a house wife, doing chores at home all day long, and always depending on a guy makes me cringe. In terms of hobbies I'm into anime and gaming which may "stereotypically" be more considered as male hobbies. I take some interest in some form of fighting or martial arts for self-defense and to protect others but I am not taking any martial arts atm. Usually it would be the knight that saves the princess but I like things to get switched around sometimes. If I had a boyfriend, I would not bare to just stand there and "do nothing" while see him get into a fight or beaten up by someone else. I dislike shopping, especially whenever I go with someone that takes a lot of their time inside the store. I usually buy the things I need even if it's just one item. Seeing games on shelves excite me more than clothing on racks. I easily get bored from window shopping.
what will make u turn girly? .. (feel free to post pic of before and after image)

A few of my friends and cousins that are into fashion. Maybe a certain guy in the future but I hope not. I like being a combination of girly and tomboy and want to have it forever stay that way.

Guest hearthealer

My cousin, captain of her netball team, and all around sports jock, I mean sure before her, I still hung out with boys and tried to beat them at their own game, but after we got close, i cut off my hair and took up basketball during lunch.

Nope, never have, i'm tall and really skinny, and i have pretty feminine facial features, big eyes, small nose...don't have the manly look at all.

How tomboy-ish are you?
Growing up, I ran around barefooted, caught spiders to fight them, played with snakes that were about 3-4 times as long as i was tall, I played games with boys and always tried to best them at everything even running. I spent lunch playing basketball with my uniform dress tucked between my legs T.T I have no qualms about handling anything most girls are scared off, with the exception of roaches and those lizards you find at home. But i've handled snakes, scorpions, tarantulas, mice, rats and so on. I shop like a guy, i usually have a list of clothes i want, i go out and i get them, if i don't find anything on my list in a store, i walk out, i don't hover and touch everything. I guess i love big dogs (does this count? I have a GSD :P), really dislike those small fluffy good-for-nothing dogs that most girls seem to have. I looooooove to wear man's clothing.
what will make u turn girly? .. (feel free to post pic of before and after image)

I turned a lot more girly when i moved to Canada, a combination of meeting korean girls and wishing i knew how to dress like them and i guess growing up and realizing that beating men at everything wasn't really prudent, learning that it was fun to get treated as a girl and enjoy manis/pedis etc :D Also, i think i just grewup and realized it's much more fun being a girl :P

ps. i still wear man clothes, i just restrict them to homewear now :P

• 1 month later...

-I was really,really active when i was younger,i would play with the neighbourhood kids and I'm the leader xP.I'm a real troublemaker Kekeke ^w^
-When i was like 7 or 8 i had a guy's haircut,the teacher dragged me into the boy's line,then she looked at my face and dragged me back to the girls line.I remember it really well kekeke xDD
How tomboy-ish are you?
-I would pick fights with guys,wear guy-styled clothes,wear hats like those hip hop guys xD,
what will make u turn girly? .. (feel free to post pic of before and after image)
Dinners ;3 When i wear pretty clothes ^.^
When did you change back to being girl?
when i was 13,when i liked a guy for the first time,i wanted to be as feminine as possible and be pretty :D I'm a real sophisticated girl now ^^ U can only see my tomboy side if ur a close friend/best friend :D

Archived