[THE OFFICIAL] IU 아이유 Thread

akinahana89

Re: IU Produced (Album)

Back last Christmas when IU released this "cover" I wondered how much help she had.  All the voices are hers.  That much is common with all the songs I have heard.  More than that though, the background might be done by a previous recording (which is typical of Korean covers).  But then again, all the instruments that I can pick out are things she can play, and it was not a really hard background, so she could have done all that.

Then there is the video.  We know that IU can make self taken videos.  The set is simple, with just a Christmas tree and some cards.  You can see her at the beginning look over to the side where a camcorder screen would be, so she seemed to be checking the visual composition.  The camcorder does not move (and neither does she) so there was probably no one working with her on the camcorder.  She can do her own make-up and choose her own clothes, (and dress herself :-), so she might not have had any help with that.

On the one hand, there are probably a hundred people who would have been happy to help her with this, but on the other hand, there is nothing in it she could not have done herself.  Has anyone asked her about this?

"IU (아이유) – 12월 24일 (D.ear Cover) [ENG/JPN SUB]"

• Like 2

Is IU Neat?

Here is another question that I have wondered about:  In "The Producers", IU plays a very neat person.  Some people speculated the character was "OCD" (is that the right term?).  I do not really know that much about various K-Pop performers, but I remember in an interview that T-ara's Eunjung seemed to be like that.  Does anyone know if IU is a particularly neat person?

• Like 1

Hi guys ! wazzup? 

I would just like to ask who are familiar with this hiphop dude Zion.T? sorry dont know him that much.

Why is he having sentiments? is his claim that he is so close to IU true? then how did they become close? 

I can readily believe that Thunder and Sunggoo were really close to IU, because its a fact. so is this guy for real?

I am sure he was joking.  I think if you watch the whole series of episodes of the Infinity Challenge Song Festival 2015 you will see that everyone on that show got along well.  He is commenting on her showing up for OHHYUK's concert.  I found a good Eng Sub version of Episode 435 (which is the start of the set of shows about the Song Festival) but I cannot find it again.  Here is a passable sub of the whole episode.  There are some good short clips by MBCentertainment, but most of them are not subbed:

http://kshowonline.com/kshow/3669-[engsub]-infinity-challenge-ep.435

[The link I posted before no longer works.  This link should work.]

Edited by buckwheat01
Link Changed
  • Like 1

Is IU Neat?

Here is another question that I have wondered about:  In "The Producers", IU plays a very neat person.  Some people speculated the character was "OCD" (is that the right term?).  I do not really know that much about various K-Pop performers, but I remember in an interview that T-ara's Eunjung seemed to be like that.  Does anyone know if IU is a particularly neat person?

no too sure about this actually. But I can't see her as a messy person, judging from how she presents herself! 

Edited by kibummiexx
  • Like 1

I'm loving twenty-three :) After watching Producers, I'm actually a big fan of IU (sorry to admit, I wasn't before). She's got an incredible voice and I like her acting. Her new song is also really awesome with the MV being funny :)

Another addition to my playlist :)

• Like 2