Jeon Do-Yeon 전도연 [Drama “Crash Course in Romance” | Movie “Kill Boksoon” (NETFLIX)]

Helena

https://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/art/2021/11/689_319048.html
Virus-related disaster thriller 'Emergency Declaration' coming to theaters in January 2022

By Kwak Yeon-soo | 2021-11-18

spacer.png
Song Kang-ho in a scene from the film, "Emergency Declaration" / Courtesy of Showbox

The disaster action film, "Emergency Declaration," which had its world premiere at this year's Cannes Film Festival, is coming to theaters in January 2022. It had finished filming in November of last year, but was said to be put on indefinite hold due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

Directed by Han Jae-rim, the film centers on a commercial airline that faces a lethal virus outbreak on one of its planes, which forces the pilot and passengers to take unconventional emergency measures. It will deliver some much needed spectacle to action film buffs, as the characters struggle to survive inside the plane facing a dark fate.

It boasts an all-star cast, with "Parasite" lead actor Song Kang-ho alongside Lee Byung-hun, following his special appearance in hit Netflix series "Squid Game," and Cannes Best Actress winner Jeon Do-yeon. Lee recently wrapped up filming the disaster thriller, "Concrete Utopia," with Park Seo-joon, while Jeon starred opposite Ryu Jun-yeol in the JTBC drama, "Lost".

The cast also includes Kim Nam-gil, Yim Si-wan, Kim So-jin and Park Hae-joon. Han wrote the script, completed the casting and was prepared to start shooting before the global pandemic hit, so the filming took place during the health crisis. There were times when shooting was suspended, but the crew safely completed the film. 

"It was a big challenge for the entire cast and the crew, but thankfully, we got through the worst of it. It wouldn't have been possible without their professionalism. The situation worldwide is slowly improving, despite the turmoil, and I hope that this film can help provide a small measure of comfort and hope to audiences who are exhausted from dealing with the pandemic," Han said in a statement. 

"Emergency Declaration" received critical acclaim when it was invited to the Out of Competition category at the 74th Cannes Film Festival. "It's the perfect genre film," Cannes artistic director Thierry Fremaux said of the film. 

Doris Pfardrescher, the president and CEO of Well Go USA Entertainment, who is in charge of North American distribution rights, also praised the film.

"'Emergency Declaration' is eerily timely, and the brilliance of the cast makes it almost inevitable that viewers will be forced to wonder about their own actions if faced with similar circumstances," she said. 

"While development and preproduction for the film were in motion well before the worldwide pandemic took hold, this combination of a sudden calamity, high-stakes moral dilemmas and an eventual 'us vs. them' mentality will likely feel all too familiar to audiences around the world," Pfardrescher added.

- Related Coverages: Yonhap | zapzee 

On 7/4/2021 at 10:48 PM, Helena said:

The 26th Chunsa Film Arts Awards [Nominations]

=> http://www.chunsa.or.kr/award2.html?cate=award2

Rescheduled to November 19th (dued to COVID outbreak)

http://www.koreanfilm.or.kr/eng/news/features.jsp?blbdComCd=601013&mode=FEATURES_VIEW&seq=540
The 26th Chunsa Film Art Awards

by Kim Jihyun

spacer.png

The 26th Chunsa Film Art Awards were held on November 19. The Awards have been held since the 1990s to commemorate Korean film pioneer Chunsa Na Woonkyu and were scheduled to be held in August, but postponed once due to the resurgence of the COVID-19.

The Best Director, the Grand Prix at the Chunsa Film Art Awards, went to Cho Sunghee, the director of SPACE SWEEPERS. He said, "Preparing for the film, I doubted if it would be made for real" and added, "I am grateful to those who continued to encourage me and allowed this work to be born, the staff who worked hard, and Actors Song Joongki, Kim Taeri, Jin Sunkyu, and Yoo Haijin who made me happy to work with,” paying honor to them.

spacer.png

Jeon Doyeon won the Best Actress, and Song Joongki won the Best Actor. Jeon Doyeon of Beasts Crawling at Straws said, "I thought the public would like the film a lot, but the title seemed to be a bit difficult to them. It was released at the beginning of COVID-19, and I was a bit sad because it didn’t meet many moviegoers. I hope the theater district can be active under the situation of ‘With COVID-19.’ In addition, Song Joongki of SPACE SWEEPERS said, "I was worried about the movie a lot at first, but thanks to the hard work of the staff on the set, I could film it smoothly with the cutting-edge technology."

spacer.png
SPACE SWEEPERS (2020), Beasts Crawling at Straws (2018)

At Chunsa Art Film Awards 2021, SPACE SWEEPERS won two gold medals, including the Best Director and the Best Actor, while Moving On enjoyed the joy of receiving the Best New Actress (Choi Jungwoon) and the Best New Director (Yoon Danbi). Also, Deliver Us From Evil won two medals, including the Audience's Most Popular Movie Award (Hong Wonchan) and the Best Supporting Actor (Park Jungmin).

▶ The 26th Chunsa Film Arts Awards [Winners] 제26회 춘사국제영화제 수상자

Spoiler

Best Director 감독상

'The Book of Fish | 자산어보' Lee Joon-ik 이준익

'Deliver Us from Evil | 다만 악에서 구하소서' Hong Won-chan 홍원찬

'Samjin Company English Class | 삼진그룹 영어토익반' Lee Jong-pil 이종필

'Steel Rain 2: Summit | 강철비2: 정상회담' Yang Woo-suk 양우석

‘Space Sweepers | 승리호' Jo Sung-hee 조성희

'Peninsula | 반도' Yeon Sang-ho 연상호

Best New Director 신인 감독상

'Lucky Chan-sil | 찬실이는 복도 많지' Kim Cho-hee 김초희

'Voice of Silence | 소리도 없이' Hong Eui-Jung 홍의정

'Moving On | 남매의 여름밤' Yoon Dan-bi 윤단비

‘An Old Lady | 69세' Lim Seon-ae 임선애

'Me and Me | 사라진 시간' Jung Jin-young 정진영

'Call | 콜' Lee Chung-hyun 이충현

Best Screenplay 각본상

'The Book of Fish | 자산어보' Kim Se-gyum 김세겸

‘Samjin Company English Class | 삼진그룹 영어토익반' Hong Soo-young 홍수영

‘The Day I Died | 내가 죽던 날' Park Ji-wan 박지완

'Moving On | 남매의 여름밤' Yoon Dan-bi 윤단비

'Voice of Silence | 소리도 없이' Hong Eui-jung 홍의정

'Lucky Chan-sil | 찬실이는 복도 많지' Kim Cho-hee 김초희

Technical Award 기술상
Lee Mok-won 이목원 . Yoochung 유청 . Park Jun-young 박준영 (‘Peninsula | 반도’)

Best Actor 남우주연상

'The Book of Fish | 자산어보' Seol Kyung-gu 설경구

'Voice of Silence | 소리도 없이' Yoo Ah-in 유아인

'Deliver Us from Evil | 다만 악에서 구하소서' Lee Jung-jae 이정재

‘Me and Me | 사라진 시간' Cho Jin-woong 조진웅

'Space Sweepers | 승리호' Song Joong-ki 송중기

Best Actress 여우주연상

‘An Old Lady | 69세' Ye Soo-jung 예수정

'Beasts Clawing at Straws | 지푸라기라도 잡고 싶은 짐승들' Jeon Do-yeon 전도연

'Honest Candidate | 정직한 후보' Ra Mi-ran 라미란

‘Three Sisters | 세자매' Moon So-ri 문소리

'Samjin Company English Class | 삼진그룹 영어토익반' Go Ah-sung 고아성

‘Call | 콜' Jeon Jong-seo 전종서

Best Supporting Actor 남우조연상

‘Deliver Us from Evil | 다만 악에서 구하소서' Park Jung-min 박정민

'Steel Rain 2: Summit | 강철비2: 정상회담' Shin Jung-geun 신정근

'Peninsula | 반도' Koo Kyo-hwan 구교환

'Night in Paradise | 낙원의 밤' Cha Seung-won 차승원

'Moving On | 남매의 여름밤' Yang Heung-joo 양흥주

'Steel Rain 2: Summit | 강철비2: 정상회담' Ryu Soo-young 류수영

Best Supporting Actress 여우조연상

'Three Sisters | 세자매' Kim Sun-young 김선영

‘Innocence | 결백' Bae Jong-ok 배종옥

'The Day I Died | 내가 죽던 날' Lee Jung-eun 이정은

'Samjin Company English Class | 삼진그룹 영어토익반' Esom 이솜

'Lucky Chan-sil | 찬실이는 복도 많지' Youn Yuh-Jung 윤여정

'Peninsula | 반도' Lee Re 이레

Best New Actor 신인남우상

'Peninsula | 반도' Kim Do-yoon 김도윤

'The Singer | 소리꾼' Lee Bong-keun 이봉근

'Innocence | 결백' Hong Gyung 홍경

'Moving on | 남매의 여름밤' Park Seung-jun 박승준

'Move the Grave | 이장' Kwak Min-gyoo 곽민규

Best New Actress 신인여우상

'Lucky Chan-sil | 찬실이는 복도 많지' Kang Mal-geum 강말금

'Three Sisters | 세자매' Jang Yoon-ju 장윤주
'Pawn | 담보' Park So-yi 박소이

‘Fighter | 파이터' Lim Sung-mi 임성미

'Moving on | 남매의 여름밤' Choi Jungun 최정운

'More Than Family | 애비규환' Jung Soo-jung 정수정

Audience's Choice for Most Popular Film 관객이 뽑은 최고 인기영화상
Director Hong Won-chan 홍원찬 감독 (‘Deliver Us from Evil | 다만 악에서 구하소서’)

Special Award: Chunsa World Award 특별상 춘사 월드 어워즈
Isaac Chung 정이삭 (‘Minari | 미나리’)

Achievement Award 공로상
Director Lee Won-se 이원세 감독, Director Park Jong-won 박종원 감독

Special Award for Feature Film 특별상 극영화
Director Jo Jung-rae 조정래 감독 (‘Singer | 소리꾼’)

• Awesome 1

http://www.koreanfilm.or.kr/eng/news/news.jsp?blbdComCd=601006&seq=5675&mode=VIEW
Hwang Jungmin and Jeon Doyeon reunite in Kill Boksoon

by Pierce Conran | Dec 21, 2021

SUL Kyunggu, KOO Kyohwan and E Som to Co-Star in in BYUN Sunghyun’s Netflix Debut

spacer.png

17 years after You Are My Sunshine (2005), Hwang Jungmin and Jeon Doyeon are set to reunite in the film Kill Boksoon (literal title), a Netflix original. From The Merciless (2017) director Byun Sunghyun, the project will also feature Sul Kyunggu, Koo Kyohwan, and E Som. The streaming feature will follow the story of a female killer, and production is set to get underway by the end of the year.

One of Korea’s most beloved actors, Hwang Jungmin has led box office smashes such as Ode to My Father (2014), Veteran (2015), The Wailing (2016), and last summer’s DELIVER US FROM EVIL (2020). Kill Boksoon is the second Netflix project Hwang has signed on to, following the Yoon Jongbin series Suriname, which is currently in production in the Dominican Republic. Hwang appeared in theaters this summer in the action-thriller Hostage: Missing Celebrity, in which he played himself.

One of Korea’s most popular screen actresses since the late 1990s, Jeon Doyeon is known for Happy End (1999), Untold Scandal (2003), and The Housemaid (2010). She also won the Best Actress Award at the Cannes Film Festival in 2007 for Lee Changdong’s Secret Sunshine. This year she was seen on the small screen in the Hur Jinsho drama Lost and will next appear in the disaster film Emergency Declaration, which premiered at Cannes during the summer.

Co-star Sul Kyunggu has also acted with Jeon before, in I Wish I Had a Wife (2001) and Birthday (2019). E Som is known for Microhabitat (2018) and the drama Taxi Driver, and Koo Kyohwan is a rising name known for Peninsula (2020) and the Netflix series D.P..

The project will be Director Byun’s fifth, following his Cannes-invited gangster drama The Merciless, and the upcoming election drama Kingmaker, both of which also feature Sul.

spacer.png
Cr: https://blog.naver.com/kittyr4/222570719564

http://english.chosun.com/site/data/html_dir/2021/12/23/2021122301002.html
Jeon Do-yeon to Reunite with Hwang Jung-min in Upcoming Netflix Film

english.chosun.com | December 23, 2021

Actor Hwang Jung-min will reunite with actress Jeon Do-yeon as he will briefly appear in Netflix's upcoming film "Kill Bok-soon."  Their reunion comes more than a decade-and-a-half years  after they starred in the 2005 tearjerker "You Are My Sunshine," which saw Hwang shoot to fame.

"Kill Bok-soon," also starring Sol Kyung-gu, is about a mysterious female killer and will be the first action film in Jeon's long and prolific acting career. The action thriller is slated for release sometime next year.

• Awesome 1

http://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20220104000620
Jeon Do-yeon, Seol Kyung-gu to star in Netflix‘s ‘Kill Boksoon’

By Song Seung-hyun (ssh@heraldcorp.com) | Jan 4, 2022

spacer.png
Credit: Management SOOP, C-JeS Entertainment

Global streaming platform Netflix on Tuesday announced that it will produce director Byun Sung-hyun‘s “Kill Boksoon,” an action thriller with big names Jeon Do-yeon and Seol Kyung-gu.  Jeon will play legendary assassin Kill Bok-soon, who is put into a life-threatening situation before renewing her contract with her employer M.K. Enterprise. Kill is also a single mother of a 15-year-old daughter.  Seol will play Cha Min-kyu, the CEO of M.K. Enterprise.  The two actors are working together for the third time: They starred together in Park Heung-sik’s “I Wish I Had a Wife” and Lee Jong-un’s “Birthday.”

Director Byun is known for directing “The Merciless,” which was invited as a midnight screening at the 2017 Cannes Film Festival. His political drama film “Kingmaker” is set to hit theaters on Jan. 26, after its release was pushed back from the end of December due to the government’s toughened social distancing guidelines.  Seol starred in both “Kingmaker” and “The Merciless.“

Along with Jeon and Seol, rising actors such as E Som and Koo Kyo-hwan will appear in the film.  E will play Cha’s sister who also works for M.K. Enterprise and Koo will play another hitman employed by the company.

https://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/art/2022/01/398_321674.html

Jeon Do-yeon to play assassin in Byun Sung-hyun's upcoming Netflix thriller

By Kwak Yeon-soo | 2022-01-04

spacer.png
Actors Jeon Do-yeon, left, and Seol Kyung-gu / Courtesy of Management SOOP, C-JeS Entertainment

Jeon Do-yeon and Seol Kyung-gu will be reuniting for the third time in director Byun Sung-hyun's upcoming Netflix thriller, "Kill Bok-soon" (working title), about an assassin who gets in trouble before renewing her contract.  The two actors had previously been cast as romantic partners in "I Wish I Had a Wife" (2001) and as a married couple in "Birthday" (2019).

In the upcoming film, Jeon will play the role of Kill, who lives a double life as a ruthless killer for hire and a single mom who faces financial struggles looking after her 15-year-old daughter. 

Seol, who has appeared in Byun's two other films, "The Merciless" (2017) and "Kingmaker" (2022), will portray Cha Min-kyu, the head of the assassins' organization, M.K., who taught Kill to become a skilled assassin. 

The cast also includes Esom as Cha's sister, Cha Min-hee, the director, M.K. and Koo Kyo-hwan as Han Hee-seong, an assassin who, regardless of his talent, is not recognized by Cha. Actor Hwang Jung-min will also make a special appearance, but his role has not been revealed yet.

Meanwhile, director Byun's political drama, "Kingmaker," starring actors Seol and Lee Sun-kyun, is set to premiere on Jan. 26. 

https://zapzee.net/2022/01/04/kill-bok-soon-confirms-its-full-cast-jeon-do-yeon-sol-kyung-gu-koo-kyo-hwan-and-esom/
‘Kill Bok Soon’ Confirms Its Full Cast: Jeon Do Yeon, Sol Kyung Gu, Koo Kyo Hwan, and Esom

by krishkim

spacer.png

Credit: Management SOOP, C-JeS Entertainment, Artist Company, Namoo Actors

Netflix’s new movie Kill Bok Soon (literal title) has finalized its full cast, including Jeon Do Yeon, Sol Kyung Gu, Koo Kyo Hwan, and Esom.

Kill Bok Soon is a new action movie about contract killers. Gil Bok Soon is the legendary contract killer. She gets caught up in an inevitable confrontation ahead of her contract renewal with her company.

Jeon Do Yeon turns into Gil Bok Soon, who lives a double life as a contract killer and a single mother. Her success rate is 100%, but parenting her 15-year-old daughter never goes as planned. The actress will pull off intense action sequences, as well as complex emotional performances.

Sol Kyung Gu plays Cha Min Kyu, CEO of M.K ent that runs a contract killing business. He’s the boss of the company Gil Bok Soon is affiliated with. Gil Bok Soon shows him respect as her teacher, but deep down, she knows that he’s a dangerous person who can take everything from her.

Koo Kyo Hwan takes on the role of Han Hee Sung. He’s another contract killer of M.K ent. His skills are excellent, but Cha Min Kyu refuses to recognize his skills for some reason. Lastly, Esom plays Cha Min Hee, Cha Min Kyu’s sister and director of M.K ent. She is dissatisfied with her brother for favoring Gil Bok Soon.

An official shared, “Please look forward to the synergy of the actors who will create a bloody yet interesting relationship between contract killers, as well as stylish directing and novel story.”

Related Coverage: Yonhap

https://variety.com/2022/global/asia/jeon-do-yeon-netflix-film-1235146997/
Jeon Do-yeon Heads Cast of Netflix Korean Film ‘Kill Bok-soon’

By Patrick Frater | January 5, 2022

Korean star, Jeon Do-yeon, who won the best actress award in Cannes in 2007 for “Secret Sunshine,” will head the cast of newly-revealed Netflix original film “Kill Bok-soon.”

To be directed by Byun Sung-hyun (“The Merciless” and upcoming “Kingmaker”), the film is produced by Seed Films, the company behind “Kingmaker” and “Love and Leashes.”

In the titular role, Jeon stars as Gil Bok-soon a renowned hired killer who has difficultly achieving a work life balance, especially the pressure of being a single mum to a 15-year-old daughter.

Her co-stars include Sol Kyung-gu as the head of the assassination firm where Gil is seeking a contract renewal, Koo Ko-hwan (“Escape From Mogadishu,” “Peninsula”) as a fellow assassin and Esom (“Samjin Company English Class,” TV’s “Taxi Driver”) as Gil’s younger sister and corporate rival.

Jeon has a stellar body of work including “You Are My Sunshine,” “The Housemaid,” 2020’s “Beasts Clawing at Straws” and the upcoming “Emergency Declaration.”

Spoiler

Netflix is estimated to have invested $1.2 billion in Korean content to date, according to Ampere Analysis, with the company touting a nearly $500 million spend in 2021.

It recently enjoyed global success with its dark action-drama series “Squid Game,” but has also seen other Korean shows including horror “Hellbound,” sci-fi drama “The Silent Sea” and reality TV series “Singles Inferno.”

Netflix has achieved streaming market leadership, and profitability, in South Korea, both of which have brought its role in the country under greater scrutiny. It has been locked in a long-running battle with over internet carriage fees with SK broadband and was criticized over its payment terms to Korean content producers, especially in the case of a runaway hit show.

Despite that “Squid Game” is heading towards a second season. The show’s creator Hwang Dong-hyuk has told Korean media that a third season is also being discussed.

~~

[[[Jeon Do-yeon and Seol Kyung-gu will be reuniting for the third time in director Byun Sung-hyun's upcoming Netflix thriller, "Kill Bok-soon" (working title)...  The two actors had previously been cast as romantic partners in "I Wish I Had a Wife" (2001) and as a married couple in "Birthday" (2019).]]]

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Credit: Cine21

• Awesome 1

• 2 months later...

https://kbizoom.com/jeon-do-yeon-who-has-been-quiet-announced-a-special-news-relating-to-the-production-team-of-hometown-cha-cha-cha/
Jeon Do-yeon, who has been quiet, announced a special news relating to the production team of “Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha”… 

By cabeti119 | March 15, 2022

A0F36DB9-2D83-491C-AA49-70AEC44757EE.web

Actress Jeon Do-yeon drew attention as she announced her return to the romantic comedy genre with the production crew of “Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha.”

YTN Star reported on Mar 15th that Jeon Do-yeon has confirmed her appearance in tvN’s new drama “One-Time Scandal” (literal translation).

According to many reports, this drama will be the third collab work between Director Yoo Je-won and writer Yang Hee-seung of tvN’s “Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha,” which ended successfully. Expectations are high for this director-writer combination that has given birth to a romantic comedy masterpiece and Jeon Do-yeon, who boasts extraordinary acting skills. When the news was out, netizens cheered and responded enthusiastically.

Netizens posted on the online community theqoo, saying, “Fighting,” “Wow, Romance comedy? She is working hard,” “I was waiting for Jeon Do-yeon’s romantic comedy,” “Jeon Do-yeon is good at lovely things,” “Oh, I like it,” “She’s doing a bright genre in a long time. I’m looking forward to this.”

The airing date of “One-time Scandal” is currently still undecided and they will begin filming this summer.

Meanwhile, Jeon Do-yeon is in the midst of filming the recently crank-in Netflix movie “Gil Bok-soon”. Actors Seol Kyung-gu, Lee Som, and Koo Kyo-hwan will appear in “Gil Bok-soon”. In the work, Jeon Do-yeon appears as Gil Bok-soon who lives a double life as a well-trained A-class killer and a single mother.

https://zapzee.net/2022/03/16/jeon-do-yeon-and-jung-kyung-ho-in-talks-to-join-hometown-cha-cha-cha-crews-new-rom-com/
Jeon Do Yeon and Jung Kyung Ho in Talks to Join ‘Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha’ Crew’s New Rom-Com

by krishkim

DE5F8B50-7F31-42D8-AD31-1B525027CD11.web
Credit: Marie Claire, Kstyle

Jeon Do Yeon and Jung Kyung Ho are considering their comeback to the rom-com genre.

According to Dispatch, Jeon Do Yeon and Jung Kyung Ho were offered to take the lead in the new rom-com series One Shot Scandal (literal title). Both actors revealed that they’re positively reviewing the offer they received.

One Shot Scandal is the new rom-com drama produced by Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha duo, writer Yang Hee Seung and director Yoo Jae Won. This is already their third meeting. One thing to note is Jeon Do Yeon’s appearance in a rom-com series after 17 years.

Meanwhile, One Shot Scandal will start filming this summer. Jeon Do Yeon is currently filming the Netflix movie Kill Bok Soon, while Jung Kyung Ho is performing in the play Angels in America – Part Two.

Source (1)
Translator Kim Hoyeun: If you are a fan of K-drama, K-movie, and K-pop, I am your guy. I will continue to provide you with up-to-date K-entertainment news.

• Helena changed the title to Jeon Do-Yeon 전도연 [Upcoming movies: “Emergency Declaration”, “Kill Boksoon”]

https://k-odyssey.com/news/newsview.php?ncode=1065589576336454
Jeon Do-yeon·Sol Kyung-gu·Moon So-ri visit Jeonju International Film Festival to support director Lee Chang-dong

Yonhap News / 2022-05-02 14:06:19
(This article is translated from Korean to English by Kim Sun Min.) 

74DD4EC3-E39C-4954-9111-01246E91C7E6.jpg
▲ This photo, provided by Jeonju International Film Festival, shows Jeon Do-yeon (Left), Sol Kyung-gu (Center), and Moon So-ri (Right) visiting Jeonju. (PHOTO NOT FOR SALE) (Yonhap)

JEONJU, May 2 (Yonhap) – S. Korean actors Jeon Do-yeon, Sol Kyung-gu, and Moon So-ri have made their surprise visits to Jeonju International Film Festival, where the special exhibition of film director Lee Chang-dong was held.

According to Jeonju International Film Festival on May 1, the actors came up on the stage and met the audiences with director Lee before “Peppermint Candy” (1999) and his latest short film “Heartbeat” were screened at Jeonju Dome on the 30th (Saturday).

FC8CC84F-3F78-4313-9EFE-453F76CFB58F.jpg

Moon So-ri and Sol Kyung-gu starred in two of Lee’s films, “Peppermint Candy” (1999) and “Oasis” (2002), while Jeon Do-yeon won Best Actress at Cannes Film Festival with Lee’s “Secret Sunshine” (2007).  The latest short film “Heartbeat” stars Jeon Do-yeon and Sol Kyung-gu together.

Jeon said, “I’m so impressed to see the audiences on the stage in such a long time,” adding, “I appear shortly in ‘Heartbeat’ but there were no easy scenes in director Lee’s films. I hope the audiences enjoy the movie.”

Sol said, “I’m grateful that a film released over 20 years ago is being screened at Jeonju International Film Festival again.”

Moon also mentioned, “I’m happy to meet the audiences in person,” adding, “As ‘Peppermint Candy’ is a movie about time travel, I hope you enjoy the movie that’s more than 20 years.”

This year’s Jeonju International Film Festival has prepared “Lee Chang-dong: The Truth of the Invisible,” the special exhibition of director Lee Chang-dong, and is currently screening all of his films.  (END)

(C) Yonhap News Agency. All Rights Reserved

• Helena changed the title to Jeon Do-Yeon 전도연 [Upcoming: Drama “One Shot Scandal” & Movies “Emergency Declaration”, “Kill Boksoon”]
  • 3 weeks later...

https://zapzee.net/2022/06/07/after-a-year-long-wait-emergency-declaration-confirms-august-release/
After a Year-Long Wait, ‘Emergency Declaration’ Confirms August Release

By KRISHKIM

48DC6C72-65A7-44C3-8637-89A7AB8E8AF0.web

Emergency Declaration has confirmed the August release and unveiled two launching posters.

Emergency Declaration is an aviation disaster film about a plane that declared an emergency landing amid an unprecedented disaster. It was previously invited to the non-competitive section of the 74th Cannes Film Festival.

The movie boasts an A-list cast, including Song Kang Ho and Jeon Do Yeon, the first Korean actors to win the Best Actor and Best Actress at the Cannes Film Festival, as well as Lee Byung Hun, Kim Nam Gil, Im Si Wan, Kim So Jin, and Park Hae Joon.

The two released launching posters show those on the ground struggling to prevent the disaster and those in the sky panicked amidst the chaos. The people enduring breathtaking moments on the ground include veteran detective In Ho (Song Kang Ho), Minister of MOLIT (Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport) Sook Hee (Jeon Do Yeon), and Director of National Center for Crisis Management Tae Soo (Park Hae Joon).

Meanwhile, the people trapped inside the plane have desperate and precarious expressions on their faces. There are Jae Hyuk (Lee Byun Hun), who is on board with his child, first officer Hyun Soo (Kim Nam Gil), who struggles to ensure the safety of the passengers, and passenger Jin Suk (Im Si Wan), who is keeping a close eye on the people. Their vivid expressions give a glimpse into the urgent situation happening 28,000 feet above the ground.

Credit: Showbox

https://k-odyssey.com/news/newsview.php?ncode=1065603023830574
'Emergency Declaration' starring Cannes-winning actors Song Kang-ho·Jeon Do-yeon to be released in August

YonhapNews / 2022-06-07 17:50:36
(This article is translated from Korean to English by Kim Sun Min.)

DD9A5B7C-FC30-4B61-B3AC-E227C955C143.jpg
▲ This photo, provided by ShowBox, shows "Emergency Declaration." (PHOTO NOT FOR SALE) (Yonhap)

SEOUL, June 7 (Yonhap) – S. Korean actor Song Kang-ho will meet the audience through the movie “Emergency Declaration,” following “Broker,” with which he won Best Actor at the 75th Cannes Film Festival last month.   The film distributor ShowBox announced on Tuesday that it has confirmed to release “Emergency Declaration” in August.

“Emergency Declaration” is a disaster movie that depicts the story of passengers being forced to evacuate as an unprecedented terror occurs mid-flight.  The film, directed by Han Jae-rim of “The Face Reader”(2013) and “The King”(2017), stars two Cannes-winning actors. Song will play a veteran police detective In-ho, while Jeon Do-yeon will play the role of Sook-hee, minister of Land, Infrastructure and Transport. Jeon was named Best Actress for her performance in film director Lee Chang-dong’s “Secret Sunshine” at Cannes Film Festival in 2007.

The film also stars Lee Byung-hun, who plays Jae-hyuk, a passenger who boarded a plane with a kid, and Kim Nam-gil, who plays the pilot Hyun-soo. Park Hae-joon plays the role of Tae-su, Blue House Crisis Management Center director, while Im Si-wan plays the passenger Jin-seok.

“Emergency Declaration” finished filming in 2020 and was invited to screen at Cannes under the category of films out of competition last year. The release in local theaters was postponed due to the spread of COVID-19. (END)

https://variety.com/2022/film/asia/emergency-declaration-trailer-1235291760/
Cannes Film ‘Emergency Declaration’ Drops Trailer, Ready for Long-Haul Takeoff (EXCLUSIVE)

By Patrick Frater | Jun 13, 2022

ABAA4BF9-3489-4D87-8AD8-D39D2373EE03.jpg

Courtesy of Showbox

Action-drama film, “Emergency Declaration” pulled together several of Korea’s top stars – Song Kang-ho (“Parasite”), Lee Byung Hun (“G.I. Joe”) and Jeon Do-yeon (“The Housemaid,” “Secret Sunshine”) – and it first took to the air as a special screening at the Cannes Film Festival, back in July 2021.

Directed by Han Jae-rim, the story involves a veteran police detective who receives a tip-off about an unspecified terrorist threat against a plane. Puzzlingly, he discovers that the chief suspect has got on the flight too. Meanwhile, the political authorities kick into emergency response mode. Fear and chaos spread on the ground and at altitude.

But, unlike the airborne on-screen action, the film remained firmly grounded after its proving flight in Cannes.

“Emergency Declaration” had been expected to be a highlight of Korean cinemas’ 2021 summer season. But that was not calculating with the arrival of new variants of the coronavirus which extinguished a brief late-summer 2021 box office revival in Korea.

The film’s theatrical release got pushed back to December, then January 2022. Further flight plans this year were filed and then scrapped.

Now, with COVID largely contained, “Emergency Declaration” is revving its engines again. It is set for a mainstream theatrical release in Korea in August. That will trigger day-and-date take-offs in North America, Latin America and much of Asia.

(Perplexingly, the cancelations and delays mean that the Cannes 2021 film reaches local cinemas later than 2022 Korean titles “Decision to Leave” and “Broker,” for which Song won the best actor award. Both release this month.)

The revised timetable for “Emergency Declaration” calls for the launch of a new trailer that takes off here.

[2022-06-20] ‘Emergency Declaration’ Press Conference

Director Han Jae-rim, and cast featuring Song Kang-ho, Lee Byung-hun, Jeon Do-yeon, Kim Nam-gil, Im Si-wan, Kim So-jin, Park Hae-joon

Spoiler

19D0998C-91F5-4612-9EB2-BB73E936DF29.jpg

5B057666-B78C-481A-9135-3074D5CBEA2C.jpg

49FFF90D-B966-47BD-BDC3-2A27BF92F186.jpg

4DD45BCC-8348-49E8-853C-F9A2BFABB45A.jpg

F61240F3-D313-4418-83A5-4863E4AA5F99.jpg

F0F0C1C0-2CBF-4048-B904-3411002DB2FC.jpg

777A0C94-64E8-4938-A995-8D581D0699F3.jpg

DB6BC8EE-E2EE-4906-8090-D34834DDD8DF.jpg

12BD8A05-E3F5-4F9D-88BC-59F754ACF0F9.jpg

50C81BEA-DC10-4A45-914B-CA022B2A5C47.jpg

Spoiler

3B687CE7-D8A1-4CBB-9F85-BFF9CE3E42B9.jpg

5EF45567-C522-49EA-AAA1-ED2718A0DFA2.jpg

BAC90EA7-3015-429A-9504-7ED6CAC3465A.jpg

E82318C7-E5E9-4DB1-98BF-9C82D82188B2.jpg

4C93A6FA-DCF1-4A16-8286-F930C79BFD06.jpg

029C3400-D251-434C-A696-71CCB35AAAEC.jpg

0C0CD1C4-05AB-4693-B12F-95FC2A3FB3B9.jpg

B889AC61-4AD8-440C-B9F4-F30A2CE35D50.jpg

C4593047-DFCF-4112-A98E-DBB48A855194.jpg

A5A54F4D-B4CB-4DB0-9544-0F284FD09A38.jpg

7527704D-D816-485F-8261-272A9B074B93.jpg

Photos: OSEN 

http://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20220620000689
Cannes-winning stars return with air disaster film ‘Emergency Declaration’

By Song Seung-hyun (ssh@heraldcorp.com) | Jun 20, 2022

F1F60C0B-AC0C-45DA-A87B-D8EE1CB629AD.jpg
From left: Actors Song Kang-ho, Lee Byung-hun, Jeon Do-yeon, Kim Nam-gil, Yim Si-wan, Kim So-jin and Park Hae-joon pose before a press conference for “Emergency Declaration” at the Westin Josun Seoul on Monday. (Showbox)

Two Cannes-winning movie stars -- Song Kang-ho and Jeon Do-yeon -- are returning to the big screen in the highly anticipated aviation disaster flick “Emergency Declaration,” directed by Han Jae-rim.  Song became the first Korean male actor to win an acting prize at the 75th Cannes Film Festival this year for his role in “Broker,” directed by Hirokazu Kore-eda. In 2007, Jeon won the award for best actress at Cannes for her performance in “Secret Sunshine,” directed by Lee Chang-dong. Song was a co-star in the film. 

“It has been over two years since we finished filming. We had to delay the release twice due to COVID-19. I am glad that we can finally present our film,” Song said during a press conference held at the Westin Josun Seoul on Monday. 

The new film centers on the struggle to land a plane after a detective (Song) is tipped off that a suspected terrorist has boarded the plane. Jeon plays the transport minister in charge of the emergency situation.

During the press conference, the director talked about when he first received the proposal to create a movie about a plane disaster around 10 years ago.  “At the time, I liked the setting and the idea of the film, but was not sure how I could create a plot based on it,” Han said. “Over the last 10 years, we have seen many disasters take place in Korea and watching them, I realized the message that I wanted to deliver through this film.”  Han added that the film is not based on any single disaster in particular.

The cast of the film highlighted that the film’s thought-provoking message was the main reason for their participation.  “The film is about an aviation disaster but it does not focus only on the visual aspects. I liked that it is a thought-provoking film,” said big-name star Lee Byung-hun, who appears as one of the passengers aboard the plane.   “I liked the script and also the vision that the director had. It is a movie that can be comforting to people who have been hurt by disasters small and big,” Jeon said.

The director put in extra effort to create a realistic-looking set. “We brought over an airplane frame from Hollywood and our art team decorated it to make it look realistic and also look like a Korean airplane,” Han said.  To portray the airplane’s movement, he worked with a local special effects company with a giant gimbal to move the airplane around instead of relying on only cameras to create the effect.  “Flight attendants got on our airplane and said that it felt like they were on an actual airplane,” Han said.

33F64B9A-8EB3-4CF1-BBA9-D880B97CD6F6.jpg
“Emergency Declaration” (Showbox)

This film had its world premiere at last year’s Cannes Film Festival.  The director said since the film was invited to a noncompetition section at last year’s Cannes, he attended the film festival without much pressure.  “Once I got there, I could feel the audiences’ respect for the movie and was very happy to be there,” Han said.  “I hope I can take part in the festival again if possible.”

“Emergency Declaration” will hit local theaters in August.

https://en.yna.co.kr/view/AEN20220620005451315
'Emergency Declaration' is about people fighting off disaster while stranded on a plane

By Shim Sun-ah (sshim@yna.co.kr) | June 20, 2022

SEOUL, June 20 (Yonhap) -- Imagine being stuck on an ill-fated flight where a mysterious deadly virus is spreading.  "Emergency Declaration," a forthcoming Korean film starring iconic actors Song Kang-ho, Lee Byung-hun and Jeon Do-yeon, depicts such a frightening scenario, as the country's first aviation-disaster genre film.  The story takes place on a flight, from Seoul to Honolulu, where the captain declares an emergency landing after a terrorist plants a deadly virus and the first victim is dead within hours.

During a press conference in Seoul Monday to promote the film set to open in local theaters in August, writer-director Han Jae-rim said that he intended it to be a thought-provoking movie about people fighting a disaster on top of its attraction as a disaster genre flick.

6B5A15A7-2503-4B77-AE77-8F680BFF4FE2.jpg
Director Han Jae-rim of "Emergency Declaration," a Korean disaster flick set to open in August, speaks during a press conference to promote the film project at a Seoul hotel on June 20, 2022. (Yonhap)

"I received an offer about 10 years ago. I found the setting and plan for the film project were fairly good at that time but didn't know how to do it," said the director best known for "The Face Reader" (2013) and "The King" (2017). "And then, unfortunately, there were many big and small disasters in Korean society over the past 10 years. As I brokenheartedly watched them, a certain idea came up to my mind and then I thought I should do this project."  He stressed he made efforts to shed light on how people fight the disaster and their emotions from overcoming it or suffering a defeat. He hoped audiences would not simply consume his movie as entertainment.

The film garnered wide attention from Korean movie fans from the initial stage of production for its star-studded cast.  Among the cast members are two Cannes-winning actors Song Kang-ho, Jeon Do-yeon; Lee Byung-hun, a top actor who was an award presenter at last year's Cannes Film Festival; as well as Kim Nam-gil, Im Si-wan, Kim So-jin and Park Hae-joon. 

40A2C4EA-35DA-4656-A74F-DDA06BAC24A2.jpg
The main cast of "Emergency Declaration," a Korean disaster flick set to open in August, pose for the camera during a press conference to promote the film project at a Seoul hotel on June 20, 2022. (Yonhap)

When asked how it was possible to have so many A-listers in the same film, the director said even he could not believe it at first.  "Actually, the actors here are symbolic figures of the Korean film industry as well as globally and others are also popular enough to take lead roles in other big-budget films. Any director would like to cast all of them," he said. "So, I couldn't believe that those people are in my film and kept feeling confusion while shooting it. I was confused whether I was shooting one film or seven different films at a time. I felt honored and appreciated it."

Han said, looking at the scenes after the shoot, he was impressed by the actors' outstanding performances. "There are a lot of passengers on the plane who are not here, but if you watch the movie, their acting will also be memorable," he added.

Song Kang-ho, who was named best actor for his performance in "Broker" at this year's Cannes, plays In-ho, a veteran police detective who is on board to track down a terror suspect after being tipped off about his plan to attack the Hawaii-bound plane. Jeon Do-yeon, who won best actress for her performance in director Lee Chang-dong's "Secret Sunshine" at 2007 Cannes, plays Suk-hee, minister of Land, Infrastructure and Transport who struggles to find out the best way to protect Korean citizens from the terrorist attack.

Park Hae-joon's character is Tae-soo who has to make "a cool-headed decision" to save the nation as the chief of a crisis management center at the presidential office.

Lee Byung-hun plays the role of Jae-hyuk, a father with aviophobia who is on board to go get treatment for his sick daughter. Im Si-wan plays Jin-seok, a mysterious young man who boards the ill-fated plane while wandering around Incheon International Airport without a destination.

Kim Nam-gil and Kim So-jin play deputy pilot Hyeon-soo and chief flight attendant Hee-jin, respectively.

"Apart from the genre elements, it sophisticatedly and maturely expressed thoughts about family, neighbors and the community, which we usually don't think deeply about in our everyday lives. I was glad to be in such a film for this reason," Song said.

Lee said he was attracted by the script not just because it was tense and interesting as a disaster genre flick but also due to it being thought-provoking.

Jeon said she was fond of the script, too, but what she liked the most about the movie was the director's good intention to make it.  "I hope this movie can console people who are hurt while undergoing big and small disasters," she added.

The film is set to open in local theaters in August. It was selected for the Out of Competition section of the 74th Cannes Film Festival in 2021. (END)

https://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/art/2022/06/398_331333.html
'Emergency Declaration' cast aims to fly high at summer box office

By Kwak Yeon-soo | 2022-06-20 

34DB0208-95B1-4E7F-9866-6EC3D6AF3B21.jpg
From left, actors Song Kang-ho, Lee Byung-hun, Jeon Do-yeon, Kim Nam-gil and Im Si-wan attend a press conference for the film, "Emergency Declaration," at Westin Chosun Seoul hotel in central Seoul, Monday. Yonhap

"Emergency Declaration," which premiered out of competition at the 2021 Cannes Film Festival, is finally set to land in theaters in August and the cast promised the film will not disappoint. 

The disaster film stars Lee Byung-hun as a man trapped in an airplane with his daughter while a terrorist threatens to release a deadly virus. As tensions rise onboard the plane, the government launches an operation to protect the passengers. 

Song Kang-ho, who won the Best Actor award at this year's Cannes for "Broker," plays a detective who tries to stop the attack, while Jeon Do-yeon stars as the transport minister who discovers what the virus is and fears what might happen when the plane lands.

Director Han Jae-rim explained that he came up with the concept of a terrorist threat against a plane 10 years ago. 

"There was a production company that proposed this project to me about 10 years ago, but I didn't know how to implement my ideas. So I went on another project, but couldn't forget about this project because I have aerophobia. After witnessing small and big tragedies in society, I finally had something to talk about with the film," he said during a press conference for the film at Westin Chosun Seoul hotel in central Seoul, Monday. 

Although the film includes impressive visual effects, suspense, action spectacles and thrills, Han gives a realistic depiction of how every human on the plane reacts differently when put in danger, confronting the virus and the terrorist attack.

"When I read the script, it was interesting because it was so realistic. I thought that you could be completely immersed in the movie and that would be the biggest strength of the project," Lee said. 

The director shot the film almost like a documentary, preferring handheld cameras that get close to the action and the performances.  "The airplane was made in Hollywood, but other visual aspects like its interior design was done in Korea. We had a circular gimbal that allowed us to have a real set that could rotate 360 degrees. The cinematographer literally tied himself to a pillar to shoot the film. My biggest concern was about the safety of the cast and crew," he said. 

When asked about scenes that may seem overly emotional, which are referred to as "sinpa" in Korean, as the film's core message is about humans coming together in the darkest times, Song said the picture will naturally draw audiences into the feelings of the characters.

"It's definitely 'sinpa' if a film forces audiences to feel sad. But if they are moved by a certain scene or a character's line, that would be sympathy," director Han said.

Jeon said she is confident that "Emergency Declaration" will draw more than 10 million moviegoers as it boasts a star-studded cast and a gripping plot. 

https://koreajoongangdaily.joins.com/2022/06/20/entertainment/movies/Korea-Movie-Emergency-Declaration/20220620164416436.html
Delayed 'Emergency Declaration' promises plenty of disaster

BY LEE JIAN [lee.jian@joongang.co.kr] | June 20, 2022

D944E545-C321-42AE-8E29-D08894FB5209.jpg
From left, actors Song Kang-ho, Lee Byung-hun, Jeon Do-yeon, Kim Nam-gil,Yim Si-wan, Kim So-jin and Park Hae-jun pose for phots during the press conference for the upcoming air disaster film "Emergency Declaration" at the Westin Josun Seoul at Jongno District, central Seoul, on Monday. [YONHAP]

After premiering at the Cannes Film Festival a full 11 months ago, the disaster movie “Emergency Declaration” will finally open in August.  Starring Song Kang-ho, Jeon Do-yeon and Lee Byung-hun, the thriller tells of an aviation disaster that occurs in the middle of a flight from Seoul to Honolulu. The captain is forced to declare an emergency landing. 

Han Jae-rim of “The Face Reader” (2013) and “The King” (2017) directed the film, while Cannes’ Best Actor and Best Actress awardees Song and Jeon portray a veteran police detective. Jeon was named Best Actress for her performance in director Lee Chang-dong’s "Secret Sunshine" at Cannes in 2007, a film in which Song also co-starred.  

Lee, who has starred in many prominent works such as the G.I Joe series and tvN dramas "Mr. Sunshine" (2018) and "Our Blues" (2022), portrays a father on the plane who has a fear of flying.

For a disaster movie, the production had a full share of its own disasters. “Since filming the movie [in 2020], there have been big and small crises in the world,” said director Han at a press conference at the Westin Josun Seoul in Jongno District, central Seoul, on Monday.  “When Covid-19 broke out, ‘Emergency Declaration’ was in the middle of filming and we saw things we were imagining for our movie unfolding in real life. Now the world is recovering from the pandemic and I think that was mainly due to solidarity. ‘Emergency Declaration’ aims to portray this. It is a suspenseful film with entertaining factors, but it also offers a retrospective look at what we have gone through over the last three years and how we are overcoming it.”

Spoiler

FFF68304-5D98-4950-A0BD-AF0BD0C17E54.jpg

Actor Song Kang-ho speaks during the press conference for the upcoming air disaster film "Emergency Declaration" at Westin Josun Seoul at Jongno District, central Seoul, on Monday. [YONHAP]

“Disaster movies are a common film genre around the world, but what makes this movie a standout is how it expresses the sense of solidarity amid a crisis in a very sophisticated and mature manner,” Song said at the press conference. “And this was recognized by people who saw the premiere in Cannes. They told me that the way team spirit was drawn in this film was incredibly insightful.”

Spoiler

EA77E14B-07EC-4420-AD85-E52CFA3B42AA.jpg

From left, Song Kang-ho and Lee Byung-hun speak about their experience at the 74th Cannes Film Festival during the press conference for the upcoming air disaster film "Emergency Declaration" at Westin Josun Seoul at Jongno District, central Seoul, on Monday. [YONHAP]

“Emergency Declaration” was invited to the 74th Cannes Film Festival in 2021 in the non-competing section of the event. A release in local theaters was postponed due to the pandemic.   Song, Jeon, Han and actor Yim Si-wan attended the Cannes Film Festival last year in person.  It was Yim's first time at Cannes and he described his experience as “electric”.  “Nobody in the theater knew who I was so they were applauding after the movie just because they liked the acting, not for who I was," he said at the press conference. "That was very satisfying and something I had never felt before.”  Yim’s role in the film has not yet been specified as his character is part of some major plot twists.  As the youngest member of the cast and coming from K-pop, Yim said he was grateful for the opportunity to work with such influential figures in Korean cinema.  “I couldn’t believe that I was filming this movie until I finished shooting my first scene.” 

On 3/15/2022 at 9:45 AM, Helena said:

https://zapzee.net/2022/03/16/jeon-do-yeon-and-jung-kyung-ho-in-talks-to-join-hometown-cha-cha-cha-crews-new-rom-com/
Jeon Do Yeon and Jung Kyung Ho in Talks to Join ‘Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha’ Crew’s New Rom-Com

https://koreajoongangdaily.joins.com/2022/06/21/entertainment/television/korea-jeon-doyeon-jung-kyungho/20220621153654980.html
Jeon Do-yeon, Jung Kyung-ho to star in upcoming tvN drama 'One Shot Scandal'

BY YIM SEUNG-HYE [yim.seunghye@joongang.co.kr] | June 21, 2022

016AEADD-16E2-4F93-92E9-349CF95CC818.jpg
Actors Jeon Do-yeon, left, and Jung Kyung-ho [YONHAP]

Actors Jeon Do-yeon and Jung Kyung-ho will star in an upcoming tvN drama series “One Shot Scandal” (translated). 

The production company Studio Dragon confirmed Tuesday that the two stars will take the lead roles of tvN’s new romantic comedy series that revolves around a former athlete who became the owner of a banchan (assorted small dishes) shop. She belatedly joins Korea’s education fervor to study for the college entrance exams and encounters a top hagwon (cram school) instructor. Their bittersweet relationship starts from there. Jeon plays the banchan store owner and Jung plays the hagwon instructor. 

The screenplay was written by Yang Hee-seung, who was behind hit drama series “A Familiar Wife” (2018) and “Once Again” (2020). Director Yoo Jae-won of “Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha” (2021) will be taking the helm.

“The series itself will be a light-hearted romantic comedy, but actors Jeon Do-yeon and Jung Kyung-ho will absolutely captivate the viewers, telling this typical story of the war of Korea’s college entrance exams in a very interesting and immersive way,” said the production team in a statement. 

Jeon, 49, is a veteran actor. She won Best Actress at the 60th Cannes Film Festival in 2007, becoming the first Korean actor to win an award at a prestigious film festival. Her acting debut was with television series "Our Heaven" in 1992.

Jung is well known for his leading roles in "Prison Playbook" (2017-18) and "Hospital Playlist" (2020-22). Jung debuted after auditioning at a KBS actors' audition in 2003. He has been dating Choi Soo-young of Girls' Generation since 2013.

https://zapzee.net/2022/06/21/jeon-do-yeon-and-jung-kyung-ho-to-join-hometown-cha-cha-cha-writers-new-romance-drama/
Jeon Do Yeon and Jung Kyung Ho to Join ‘Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha’ Writer’s New Romance Drama

By KRISHKIM

67CBF51A-3DE9-436C-B24C-3C518663CE2F.jpg

tvN’s new drama Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha writer has confirmed the casting of Jeon Do Yeon and Jung Kyung Ho.

One Shot Scandal depicts the bittersweet romance of a hot-blooded woman who belatedly joins the hellish battle over the college entrance exam and the most-wanted instructor. Against the backdrop of the endless competition for better grades, the drama will tell a warm yet cold, bitter yet sweet story of ordinary people.

One thing to note about One Shot Scandal is that it’s the third project by director Yoo Je Won and writer Yang Hee Seung following King of High School and Oh My Ghost. Director Yoo helmed Familiar Wife and Once Again, while writer Yang recently made another hit with Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha. On the 21st, Jeon Do Yeon and Jung Kyung Ho officially joined the cast.

First, Jeon Do Yeon plays Nam Haeng Sun. Nam Haeng Sun, a former national athlete who now owns a side dish store, belatedly joins the world of overheated competition over the college entrance exam. She’s someone who doesn’t make excuses for her own choices and never gets swayed even when faced with hardships. When she enters the new world of college entrance exams, she keeps getting mixed up with instructor Choi Chi Yeol.

Jung Kyung Ho takes on the role of Choi Chi Yeol, a genius who also makes efforts. With his volubility and showmanship, he became a first-class instructor with respect and fame. But with fame came people’s attention, which made him edgy and inattentive toward others. But after meeting Nam Haeng Sun, a woman of infinite stamina and positivity, he’ll start a bittersweet romance.

Meanwhile, One Shot Scandal is set to premiere in the first half of 2023.

Source (1)

Spoiler

https://kbizoom.com/jeon-do-yeon-and-jung-kyung-ho-to-star-in-tvns-new-rom-com-one-shot-scandal/
Jeon Do-yeon and Jung Kyung-ho to star in tvN’s new rom-com “One Shot Scandal”

By Hachi1207 | June 21, 2022

4F082E1E-A7BC-43FF-8E36-4573361EA392.jpg

Actress Jeon Do-yeon (49 years old) and actor Jung Kyung-ho (39 years old) will meet each other through the romantic-comedy “One Shot Scandal”.

On June 21st, tvN said, “Jeon Do-yeon and Jung Kyung-ho have confirmed their appearance in the new drama ‘One Shot Scandal’ (written by Yang Hee-sung/ directed by Yoo Je-won)”.

Above all, attention is focused on the collaboration of legendary actors Jeon Do-yeon and Jung Kyung-ho, who performs attractive acting in each of their work. In addition, Yang Hee-seung, who was behind the success of “Once Again” and “Familiar Wife”, will team up with “Hometown Cha Cha Cha” director Yoo Je-won, raising high expectations.

In the drama, Jeon Do-yeon will play Nam Haeng-seon, a former national team athlete and grocery store owner who belatedly joins the overheated education market. Nam Haeng-seon is not easily swayed by hardships and she is a person who doesn’t make excuses for her choice.

“One Shot Scandal” depicts a sweet and bitter scandal centering on a passionate athlete-turned-owner of a grocery store who belatedly enters the examination hell and a skillful teacher of the No.1 private education center in Korea. The drama will tell stories of people, who are warm but cold, sweet but dizzying, against the backdrop of the endless examination hell.

Jung Kyung-ho will appear as Choi Chi-yeol, a one-shot instructor who is a born genius and a hard-working person. Owning outstanding skills, great eloquence, and brilliant showmanship, he gains both wealth and fame. However, he is mean and unsympathetic to others because he’s nervous at every moment in order to survive.

The production team of “One Shot Scandal” said, “Please look forward to the immersive and exciting romantic comedy performances of trustworthy actors Jeon Do-yeon and Jung Kyung-ho, as well as the stories of different people hiding behind their splendid outlooks against the background of the college entrance war.”

Source: https://entertain.v.daum.net/v/20220621092933972

https://zapzee.net/2022/07/04/emergency-declaration-confirms-august-release-and-drops-7-character-posters/
‘Emergency Declaration’ Confirms August Release and Drops 7 Character Posters

By KRISHKIM

03710167-5565-4760-81F6-85079F28517F.jpg

This summer’s highly-anticipated aviation disaster movie Emergency Declaration (directed by Han Jae Rim) will be released on August 3rd.

On Monday, Showbox unveiled the seven captivating character posters for the Emergency Declaration along with the release date. The film centers around a plane that declared an emergency landing amid an unprecedented disaster.

The released posters capture the seven different reactions of seven people facing an unprecedented aviation disaster. The clear contract between the people who have to prevent the disaster on the ground and those facing the terror in the sky catches the eye.

First, veteran detective In Ho (Song Kang Ho) struggles in the rain to prevent the disaster, while Jae Hyuk (Lee Byung Hun), who boarded the plane with his daughter, is looking around to protect his child. Moreover, Sook Hee (Jeon Do Yeon), the minister of the Ministry of Land, Transport and Maritime Affairs, exudes both charisma and her desire to protect the people. First officer Hyun Soo (Kim Nam Gil) is filled with a responsibility to land the plane safely to protect his passengers.

3A37945B-0261-4DD7-BE01-4086668D6BE5.jpg

Additionally, Jin Seok (Yim Si Wan) is watching the chaos unfolding on the plane with a calm expression, while Hee Jin (Kim So Jin), the head of the cabin crew, does not lose her composure and puts the passengers first. Lastly, Tae Soo (Park Hae Joon), the director of the National Center for Crisis Management, struggles to make the best choice even in a situation when it’s hard to make a rational decision.

Meanwhile, Emergency Declaration will hit the screen on August 3rd.

Source: Showbox

• 4 weeks later...

[2022-07-25] Movie ‘Emergency Declaration’ Media Preview & VIP Premiere

Spoiler

85EC204A-2532-40D6-A2EC-4D723A63EB9C.jpg

[Showbox]

http://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20220726000710
'Emergency Declaration' delves into different types of humanity

By Hwang Dong-Hee (hwangdh@heraldcorp.com) | Jul 26, 2022

7CFA0CF3-19D9-42BF-AC6F-6F065D22BD3D.jpg

From left, actors Park Hae-joon, Yim Si-wan, Kim Nam-gil, Jeon Do-yeon, director Han Jae-rim, actors Song Kang-ho, Lee Byung-hun and Kim So-jin pose during a press conference for “Emergency Declaration” at Megabox Coex on Monday. (Yonhap)

In the face of disaster, different types of people cope differently.

"Emergency Declaration," a new aviation disaster film released next month, tells a story that everyone living through the pandemic can relate to.

The film follows a detective, played by Cannes-winning actor Song Kang-ho, who investigates a suspected terrorist only to find out that he has already boarded a plane. While passengers are trapped inside, those on the ground struggle to find a way to land the plane.

"When confronted by a disaster, humans become weak and scared. They sometimes start accusing and resenting each other. But being human, they also make different choices. ... I tried to focus on our humanity which can overcome dire situations," said director Han Jae-rim during a press conference held on Monday.

"A disaster, however small or catastrophic, can come to anyone at any time," Song added. "In such cases, we are reminded of what we value the most. We start to appreciate things we took for granted, like family and neighbors."

Han and big-name actors Song, Lee Byung-hun, Jeon Do-yeon, Kim Nam-gil, Yim Si-wan, Kim So-jin and Park Hae-joon attended the press conference at Megabox Coex in southern Seoul that followed the screening.

Joining Song onscreen is another Cannes-winning actor Jeon. The two previously worked together in “Secret Sunshine” (2007).

Playing the role of a minister for Land, Infrastructure and Transport, Jeon said her character also struggles to fight off the invisible terror and human frailty.

"Although I was a high government official, I was just another human being like any other character. I also felt helpless dealing with an unprecedented terrorism disaster,” Jeon said.

Another notable character is a mysterious passenger, played by Yim Si-wan. 

Regarding the casting, the director said he started with the idea of someone who viewers wouldn't imagine committing such an act of terrorism.

"I felt 'free' in expressing and portraying this character. So I was more excited than worried about the role," said Yim.

To convey a realistic-looking setting and dynamic turbulence of the plane in flight, the director used a giant gimbal to rotate the plane 360 degrees -- with the passengers inside.

"Two photography directors actually rode the gimbal and tied themselves to film the passengers’ faces and emotions. I think that‘s how we captured the moment of extreme tension," said Han.

Kim Nam-gil, who plays the airplane’s pilot, added that he put in extra effort to look like a veteran pilot.

"All the pilots in the film trained together. I practiced landing simulation, piloting and controlling all the buttons. I wanted to look real in the cockpit."

The film was invited to the non-competition section at last year's Cannes Film Festival, where it premiered. Its initial release was delayed due to the pandemic.

"As we are still recovering from the pandemic, I was more immersed in the storyline. There are different groups of people reacting differently to similar situations. ... I hope the audience enjoys the film and delves into the message we are trying to convey," said Lee Byung-hun.

"Emergency Declaration" will hit local theaters on Aug. 3.

https://en.yna.co.kr/view/AEN20220726002900315
(Movie Review) A good cast can't save contrived 'Emergency Declaration'

By Shim Sun-ah (sshim@yna.co.kr) | July 26, 2022

SEOUL, July 26 (Yonhap) -- South Korea's first aviation-disaster genre film, "Emergency Declaration," could have been remembered as a classy movie if not for its contrived and cliche-ridden story and predictable twists.

It's not that this film didn't have the quality to be selected for the Out of Competition section of the 74th Cannes Film Festival in 2021. But these flaws just stopped the latest 25 billion-won (US$19 million) budget disaster blockbuster from becoming more than absorbing action-packed entertainment with grandiose settings and A-list actors.

Written and directed by Han Jae-rim of "The King" (2017) and "The Face Reader" (2013), "Emergency Declaration" mainly follows In-ho (Song Kang-ho), a veteran police detective, in his desperate struggle to prevent a possible terrorist attack on a South Korean flight bound for Hawaii after finding out his wife is also onboard on a trip to the American resort island with her friends.

The film begins with a scene at a crowded Incheon International Airport, the main gateway to South Korea, with Jin-seok (Im Si-wan) loitering around without a clear destination in mind.

The camera then shows Jae-hyuk (Lee Byung-hun), a father with aviophobia who waits in a check-in line at the airport with his daughter. They are going to Hawaii for the sake of the girl's health. After Jin-seok tells the girl something intimidating for observing his suspicious behavior, he decides to board the same flight as the girl and her father.

In-ho goes to work as usual in the morning and receives a report about the presence of an online video of a young man threatening to wage a terrorist attack on an airplane. While all his colleagues ignored the threat as mere mischief, In-ho goes out to find the whereabouts of the man just in case and discovers at his empty house evidence showing that he has long prepared for bioterrorism.

When a passenger suddenly dies after coughing up blood on the Incheon-Hawaii plane, Jae-hyuk and Hee-jin (Kim So-jin), the chief flight attendant, begin to suspect Jin-seok as a bioterrorist. The plane's deputy pilot Hyeon-soo (Kim Nam-gil) struggles to cope with the case, moving between the cockpit and the cabin while communicating with the presidential crisis management center on the ground. As the mysterious virus planted by the terrorist quickly claims more lives, including the plane's chief pilot, he faces a critical moment in declaring an emergency landing instead of the dead pilot.

On the ground, Suk-hee (Jeon Do-yeon), minister of land, infrastructure and transport, tries to do her best to handle the unprecedented terror disaster, while Tae-soo (Park Hae-joon), the chief of the crisis management center at the presidential office, is increasingly torn between whether the government should save the people onboard or the greater number of Korean citizens on the ground.

Although the director has repeatedly emphasized that the movie is ultimately about people fighting off disaster while stranded on a plane, its strength appears to be the spectacles created by a crashing plane rather than the drama.

The production team shot the sequences of the plane fast dropping from a high altitude and its inside in a gravity-free state by rotating a life-size plane filming set 360 degrees. This provides a sense of extreme reality, making viewers feel as if they are sitting next to the passengers.

But the film's only and fatal problem is the improbability of its plot as mentioned above. (This review has some spoilers after this point, so those who are interested in the film should stop reading now.)

I'll just mention a few of the film's many improbable details. Even if we accept that there is a new type of virus that can make people bleed to death in hours after they are infected, how can so many things happen in less than eight hours of flight time? How can In-ho's wife just happen to be on the ill-fated plane and Jae-hyuk, a former pilot who worked with Hyeon-soo, happen to be aboard the same plane? How can the terrorist take out a mysterious substance he smuggled onto the plane under his skin without noticeably bleeding? What is the likelihood of a rank-and-file police detective getting into and speaking at an anti-disaster management meeting attended by only high-ranking government officials, as well as infiltrating a high-security lab where the deadly virus exists without any difficulty at all?

The lesson we learn from the movie is even a star-studded cast, including two Cannes-winning actors -- Song Kang-ho and Jeon Do-yeon -- as well as top star Lee Byung-hun, and a big budget cannot save a movie with a contrived plot and mediocre writing.

"Emergency Declaration" is set to open in local theaters Aug. 3. (END)

https://k-odyssey.com/news/newsview.php?ncode=1065595605021022
tvN's drama 'One Shot Scandal' to star Jeon Do-yeon and Jung Kyung-ho

YonhapNews / 2022-08-02 15:46:05
(This article is translated from Korean to English by Joonha Yoo.)

B5FEF8A6-B121-4041-A247-E7A180BBDA5D.jpg
▲This photo, provided by individual agencies, shows, actress Jeon Do-yeon and actor Jung Kyung-ho. (PHOTO NOT FOR SALE) (Yonhap)

SEOUL, August 2 (Yonhap) -- South Korean drama “One Shot Scandal” starring Jeon Do-yeon and Jung Kyung-ho will premier within the first half of 2023, announced tvN on Tuesday.

“One Shot Scandal” is romantic scandal between owner of side dish parlor, Nam Haeng-sun, who dives into the business of college entrance exam and well known tutor Choi Chi-yeol.

Actress Jeon Do-yeon will act out former athlete, and owner of side dish parlor Nam Haeng-sun and Jung Kyung-ho will act out infamous tutor Choi Chi-yeol.

Producer Yoo Jae-won and writer Yang Hee-seung known for co creating “Oh My Ghost” and “High School King of Savvy” will direct and write the scenario of “One Shot Scandal.” (END)