[Drama 2009] Boys Over Flowers / Hana Yori Dango 꽃보다 남자

Rebby

Guest flower pot

Monday episode of Boys Before Flowers delayed following accident

kkot_89.jpg

The Monday (March 2) episode of Boys Before Flowers will be replaced by a special “F4 talk show” broadcast instead, due to delays in filming caused by Gu Hye-sun’s latest accident.

Initially, the actress’s February 27 car accident had been deemed trifling, no doubt because production was eager to resume filming. It was then reported that Gu’s accident was more serious than initially thought, and that she had to receive stitches in the mouth — she had slammed into the seat in front of her when the vehicles collided. (PSA: Seat belts. They are good things.) Then news followed that with a wave of pacifying “Gu is okay, she’s returning to set” messages. And now, finally, it’s been announced the 17th episode will be delayed while Gu rests in the hospital on the recommendation of doctors.

Production company Group Eight has announced that they will be putting together a last-minute special for Monday’s broadcast, with Episode 17 to air on Tuesday. Group Eight CEO Song Byung-joon said, “It’s the responsibility of the producers to think of the actors’ health and safety. We will compensate by putting forth a special program whose quality is on par with our regular programming.” (Insert snarky comment of your choice here.)

The special will feature F4 members Lee Min-ho, Kim Hyun-joong, Kim Bum, and Kim Joon showing the cameras behind the scenes on the set locations, unaired footage, and other clips. The proceedings will be hosted by MC Han Seok-joon and Hyun Young. Gu Hye-sun is expected to return to filming mid-week.

The silver lining in all this? More time = (hopefully) better episodes and less fatigued actors. Also, with production off by one episode, expect another special to air at some point (my guess is that it will come after the last episode).

Via Star News

credit:dramabeans

Guys, i also made a new MV for Jihoo and Jandi so please check it out... THANKS!

Guest umbanana

HI everyone! *waves*

First time in this thread :)

I haven't been into kdramas in SUCH a long time! I was bored so decided to watch BOF and I'm officially HOOKED. I started watching on Friday night, and I'm on ep13 now!! I'm having to pace myself now since there's only 1 ep this week!

I think this F4 is my fav F4 (I've seen tw and japanese version - LOL i just watched the japanese version again a few months ago) and GHS is perfect as Jandi, at first I wasn't sure but it's obvoius that she fits the role SO WELL. Also, am loving teaboy (my nickname for hyunjoong) as Jihoo.. also kim bum is so cute! He and Ga-eul (who btw is so pretty and needs more screentime) need to get together!!!!

OK I'll stop rambling and finish catching up!!!

Guest shamien7

Monday episode of Boys Before Flowers delayed following accident

“It’s the responsibility of the producers to think of the actors’ health and safety. We will compensate by putting forth a special program whose quality is on par with our regular programming.” (Insert snarky comment of your choice here.)

Hehe..snarky comment?? For F4 Talk Show??

I'm definitely IN! :lol::w00t::lol::w00t::lol::w00t:

p/s: hye umbanana! we're all glad to have another fan here :)

Guest xiaomaii

i've got a question..

is it confirmed yet regarding GBN cast going to Hollywood Bowl?

I saw someone's banner I guess selling for the tickets..

will anyone confirm this? please?

thanks! :blush:

i even check their calendar and it's not there

i was planning to call them but i dunno which one is which

GBN or BOF should I say?

i want to see them so bad

and HB was like a good place to start at..

Guest rainidy

I'm glad the cast gets a break now. It's better that they get well rested and be healthy enough to film than rushing into it. I rather wait longer for good episodes than episodes that are made in a hurry. Get well soon, Goo Hye Sun. Fighting!

Im over the moon about the special thats going to be aired, I always hoped there would be one, and really happy that the cast and crew will have more time for filming without rushing.

I cant wait, especially after reading from dramabeans:

''The special will feature F4 members Lee Min-ho, Kim Hyun-joong, Kim Bum, and Kim Joon showing the cameras behind the scenes on the set locations, unaired footage, and other clips. The proceedings will be hosted by MC Han Seok-joon and Hyun Young. Gu Hye-sun is expected to return to filming mid-week.''

I think im most looking forward to seeing unaired footage =D

And Im feeling hopeful now because they're only showing one special which makes the scheduling uneven so they might have another special after ep 24. And Im hoping it'll be something like what they did with Goong 1.5

That's the one bad thing about Korean dramas, they film it the week before it airs. In America, they film like half of the season before the season starts, take a break and film, and they're done. They should seriously consider changing their methods. I read that it's not the frist time that an accident like this has occured while filimg a korean drama. There was one drama that was only able to film three episodes because one of the stunts for the show went wrong.

Yeah I always think that. I get the whole advantage of filming when they air because they can adapt for viewers. But then I think there's more disadvantages to doing it this way. If popularity soars, filming in open locations can be a big problem which ruins initial plans and delays filming. And sometimes Id rather production just got on with the filming as they had meant it at the beginning and not listen to netizens because changes arent always a good thing.

Although many dramas havent faced all the problems that BOF have gone through, others are usually a few weeks ahead of airing at least but in the case of BOF it always worries me they film the next episode only 1 week beforehand. There's bound to be huge problems for such a tight schedule.

Guest misspinky

^i think that was the "wolf" series with eric mun as coolsmurf pointed out in his allkpop article. but yea i do agree since they picked the cast relatively early i don't see why they didn't start filming perhaps they're too concerned with the netizens. i think in america, things come and go and people tend not to dwell on things, nasty comments may pop up here and there but generally (speaking from my perspective) i think we don't really care about things easily, watching a series/movie is entertainment, we may complain that someone wasn't worth it's price but that's that.

i think it's rather weird for them to air one episode so would the last episode be on a monday? but i do like NGs, BTS, any thing that has to do with their off-screen chemistry and rest for the tired cast.

Guest tofumui

Credit http://kpculture.wordpress.com/

''On Tuesday, KBS will broadcast episode 17, which is being modified so that Ku Hye Sun does not have to do any more filming for it.''

hmm i was thinking they would delay both episodes for better filming/editing.. i prob would have preferred that to them editing episode 17..

it's good that they will have a talk show/NG episode to make up for the time, i'd prefer a talk show one night and then NG scenes for the next and they can continue on schedule for next week.. oh well.. hopefully the modified version of episode 17 won't be too far off from the original.. BOF fighting

Guest epique.

i'm quite satisfied that they aren't showing the episodes this week as usual.

it's good that the cast rest - and the people who are the staff like the drivers etc.

what's good then the cast & staff being all energized and not sleep deprived?

oooh, ng cuts are <3

Guest lilnahnah

*Whew* Finally caught up with the thread -.-;;

If you miss more than a few hours you get so behind on this thread -.-;;

Anyway...just read about the accident...

I'm glad they're giving her time to recuperate and such...which gives time for all the other staff & actors to rest up ^^

I'm really anxious for Tuesday's epsiode now >.<;;

Guest funkindagirl

People say korean dramas film while airing because viewer's reaction is everything.

Yet why not just film the entire series BEFORE it airs. Then based on public reaction as it airs every week, they can go back to the editing room to fix the stuff they've ALREADY filmed.

And if there's something missing they can shoot small scenes along the way to add bits.

That way they're still catering towards fans' needs, they arent pushed for time, quality would be much improved and there wouldnt be all these hazardous health risks for everyone involved.

That makes sense to me.

Hmm , actually while i think they could have modified it so that maybe scenes from Ep 18 could have been put into Ep 17 instead of being deleted. They could have done it so as to expand on one part of the storyline that could have been in Ep 18 but moved to Ep17 . Than in Eps 18 they add JD scenes that could have been in Eps 17 . Does it make sense? Basically , they are just rearranging the scenes i hope.

I get what you mean. But I just get the feeling based on how everything has gone so far that the production team are just going to leave Ep 18 alone because they're satisfied with it and just focus on fixing Ep 17. Which would mean pointless filler scenes.

Although I wouldnt mind if they took this opportunity to push other plots along that have been moving at snail pace...such as Woobin's mafia connection and the So-eul relationship which hasnt really gone anywhere at all in terms of development. Rather they got that all out the way and not leave it all till the end episodes.

hmm i was thinking they would delay both episodes for better filming/editing.. i prob would have preferred that to them editing episode 17..

it's good that they will have a talk show/NG episode to make up for the time, i'd prefer a talk show one night and then NG scenes for the next and they can continue on schedule for next week.. oh well.. hopefully the modified version of episode 17 won't be too far off from the original.. BOF fighting

Yeah I thought that would've been the obvious thing to do.

But then I guess they arent willing to relinquish their hold of the top spot in the ratings for both days. Because specials usually result in much lower ratings than normal episodes.

^i think that was the "wolf" series with eric mun as coolsmurf pointed out in his allkpop article. but yea i do agree since they picked the cast relatively early i don't see why they didn't start filming perhaps they're too concerned with the netizens. i think in america, things come and go and people tend not to dwell on things, nasty comments may pop up here and there but generally (speaking from my perspective) i think we don't really care about things easily, watching a series/movie is entertainment, we may complain that someone wasn't worth it's price but that's that.

i think it's rather weird for them to air one episode so would the last episode be on a monday? but i do like NGs, BTS, any thing that has to do with their off-screen chemistry and rest for the tired cast.

Yeah I think netizens are given WAYY too much importance in Korea. A lot of the time they make mountains outta molehills.

If its sticking to 24 eps then yeah it'll finish on a monday which would most likely leave another special for the Tuesday.

Like most of you, I'm glad to hear about the news for the F4 talk show and ep17. I think this is really much needed for the cast and crew, however~~ i don't think it'll mean that all of them will get rest. :unsure: It's unlikely, but perhaps it'll be more rest than originally planned. I normally don't complain about BOF much (.. although,,, ep10's kiss scene cut >__<)~~ so i'm pretty much happy with the pace right now. I actually don't think there is a lot of Jae Kyung and it's appropriate for the upcoming episodes to include Joon Pyo and her relationship. I absolutely adore Jae Kyung, but that doesn't mean i'm not a JOON DI lover. :wub: Jae Kyung is another stepping stone for JOON DI. In the end, Jae Kyung is a positive obstacle in the sense of JOON DI professing their love for each other.

On another note, i do agree that if ep17 was to be a "filler" episode since GHS is still recuperating, then our Prince Song should be revealed more. I totally love Woo Bin and i'm really anticipating for his storyline.. :sweatingbullets:

haha I'm just watching ep.13...they went to Macau but I've never heard of it.. so I wiki'd it..

they spoke Cantonese..that is so awesome haha...i mean mandarin is common but never have i heard canto in a korean drama! nice :D

edit//

I am glad that the cast gets to rest..just sucks that an accident needed to happen for them to have the chance =/

hope they feel 100x better..really.

Guest dunlop09

http://kr.news.yahoo.com/service/news/shel...mp;newssetid=83

Drama becomes real life: Lee Min Ho saves Goo Hye Sun

translated by: dunlop09

written by: 강은영기자

2009030206592555007_070304_1.jpg

In an interview Goo hye sun had at the hospital on the 28th, she revealed,"Thanks to Lee Min Ho I got to get to the hospital quickly to receive treatment."

"After the accident occurred, a van that looked a lot like Lee Min ho's passed by. With my head ringing, I slightly remember thinking, 'I wish that was Min ho's car.' As the car door opened, it turned out that it was really Min ho, and he began to run toward us. At that time he looked like the savior of the world. Had I gotten to the hospital any later, my recovery would have been later as well. I was so thankful."

Goo Hye Sun's car collided with a dump truck that was driving ahead of them. Lee Min Ho took Goo Hye Sun all the way to the hospital, and then proceeded to go back to filming. He then attended the award ceremony with the rest of his cast. However, Lee Min Ho and his representatives kept the incident(where LMH helped GHS) quiet.

Goo Hye Sun watched the award ceremony on TV. "I was shocked when I saw Lee Min Ho fall on the red carpet. I laughed without even knowing. I thought the stitches in my mouth had come undone(laughs). Lee Min Ho and Kim Hyun Joong came to visit after the ceremony. I was very thankful. It must not have been easy to make time when they had such a busy schedule.

She expressed her happiness when she saw her two co-stars receiving the awards.

Currently, Goo Hye Sun has 3 stitches inside of her lip. The swelling was bad enough to halt production. Because of this, they will be showing a special instead of episode 17 on the 2nd. Goo Hye Sun hopes to return to filming as early as the 2nd. She is scheduled to go back to the hospital on the 5th to take out the stitches.

Guest jeune_daisy

Does anyone remember which episodes GJP was practising the sword thing? or maybe Kendo?

Thank you for the info!

Ep.4 at 54:40 (Ental version) hope this help! :D

Guest Valentin

I actually really would've preferred that they (the producers and all) push back both episodes by a week, rather than show just one episode this week. For one thing, I'm worried that they're going to edit Episode 17 in some way that'll make it less endearing than it would have been if they had simply not shown it this week and had waited until Koo Hye Sun was fully recovered to continue with the necessary shooting. Also, and maybe this sounds nit-picky, but it bothers me to have the whole line-up be off by 1 episode, you know? I much prefer the original even count that they had going. Ha ha.