[Drama 2009] Boys Over Flowers / Hana Yori Dango 꽃보다 남자

Rebby

Guest dreampryncezz

^ I hope that b/c this drama is so well-liked, they'll have a second season. I don't know how I will survive if this drama ends. Maybe we should try to PUSH them for it!!! hehe, have Korean citizens and international BOF fans send a bunch of flowers to the producers/news station. Then I bet we can get our way! :) My wishful thinking...

I think everyone definitely has a point. There are advantages and disadvantages to every method. But I'm sure as professionals they have considered this. You're idea seems very good to me. Why don't they just prepare everything that can be done before it airs? But I'm sure they have their reasons for not doing it that way. Maybe because they can adjust the story line. If the script was set in stone, then how will they deal with things like accidents? Like when Kim Bum hurt his foot, they must have adjusted his scenes for him. And I think the whole Yi Jung and Ga Eul couple might have depended a little on the audience's reaction to it. They lightly introduced the possibility and people went wild about it. So then they can make a happy ending from there. And if people hated the idea, they could have made it not such a happy ending. I'm sure they have the general script planned out, but not having it set allows room for changes later on.

I HATE the idea of the fiance. They should take it out. GRRRRR. Or take out more of her parts. Or take out the kiss. AHHHHH

Ok, my rant is over.

Anyway, I think it's also because it's airing 2 episodes a week. That's a LOT of episodes to prepare in a short amount of time. If you think about American TV shows, they have about 20-22 episodes a season, airing one a week. However, they also have that mid season hiatus. So basically actors act during the summer months to prepare maybe the first half of the season. Then keep acting to prepare the second half. It's a different method, and not as time-limited as the way Koreans do it. I'm not sure why they do it that way. I don't know if they even consider the disadvantages/advantages. I think it's more of an antiquated system that they have grown so accustomed to that it's hard to switch out of. In either case, I think actors, crew, director are supposed to be used to this rush so we'll just let them do their jobs and we can enjoy :)

http://kr.news.yahoo.com/service/news/shel...mp;newssetid=83

Drama becomes real life: Lee Min Ho saves Goo Hye Sun

translated by: dunlop09

written by: 강은영기자

In an interview Goo hye sun had at the hospital on the 28th, she revealed,"Thanks to Lee Min Ho I got to get to the hospital quickly to receive treatment."

"After the accident occurred, a van that looked a lot like Lee Min ho's passed by. With my head ringing, I slightly remember thinking, 'I wish that was Min ho's car.' As the car door opened, it turned out that it was really Min ho, and he began to run toward us. At that time he looked like the savior of the world. Had I gotten to the hospital any later, my recovery would have been later as well. I was so thankful."

when GHS said 'i wish that was min ho's car'......i'm not so sure why, but i felt she was Jandi looking out for Joon Pyo to save her.......

I wonder if the director will use such a scenario in BOF to let JP realised how much and deep his love is for JD that he will go against the evil witch......(of course we wouldn't want such thing to happen in real life again, but it will be a good scenario for the drama). :sweatingbullets:

Guest toocutedoggy

WOW...GHS even have interviews at hospital? .... x_x .... i wish they let her REST ....T_T.... at least catch up with her sleep....

but when she Reveal behind story of LMH .....omg omg ....reminds me of the scene when JD gets bullied and suddenly JP dash in to carry her.......arrrr~~~~ <3 <3

^ yeah, it's just like a fairytale / fanfic..... LMAO ....

....my gos, tmr = talk show...... wakaka....can't wait!

I think everyone definitely has a point. There are advantages and disadvantages to every method. But I'm sure as professionals they have considered this. You're idea seems very good to me. Why don't they just prepare everything that can be done before it airs? But I'm sure they have their reasons for not doing it that way. Maybe because they can adjust the story line. If the script was set in stone, then how will they deal with things like accidents? Like when Kim Bum hurt his foot, they must have adjusted his scenes for him. And I think the whole Yi Jung and Ga Eul couple might have depended a little on the audience's reaction to it. They lightly introduced the possibility and people went wild about it. So then they can make a happy ending from there. And if people hated the idea, they could have made it not such a happy ending. I'm sure they have the general script planned out, but not having it set allows room for changes later on.

I think this is actually the case with most kdrama productions. I am sure the PDs have definitely considered canning a drama. The thing is, the PDs want to cater to what the viewers (Netizens) demand. As dunlop has pointed out, they want to adjust the story line based on what the majority of the viewers want to happen. It's all about the ratings. This is actually the case with BFF (well, most dramas), the last 2 episodes were full of characterization loopholes and plot inconsistencies, but since, the viewers (we), demanded to see more of Jun Pyo and Jan Di, they gave us just that in episode 16, amid some unrealistic resolutions. The PD's do not know how we are going to respond, and taping the episodes while the show is airing is the best alternative for them, rather than losing the rating games.

Guest funkindagirl

Yeah those are good reasons for why they do it the way they do.

I think it just bugs me overall that they use this method of filming simply because they want to meet fans expectations. Well that seems like the main reason anyway. They risk actors' healths just to top the ratings.

I just think who cares what people think. If people like it they like it and a little side plot that doesnt meet their expectations is hardly going to stop them watching. They may complain constantly about it, but people would do that in every situation. You cant please everyone.

I want writers to have a definite idea of where the story is going and not worry about catering to meet everyone's needs...because as soon as you start catering, thats when the plot starts to meander and the story unravels and it turns into a big confusion. etc The writers themselves start losing focus in what the end result should be.

The YJ and GE coupling was introduced before fan reaction, so i thought they'd always intended to take it in that direction anyway. Maybe it wouldnt have been as prominent in the story but I believe it would still be worked in somewhere.

Even with fans' negative reactions I doubt they'd change huge plotlines such as the main couple's love story. So why bother with what fans think when the main story cant change, they'd only ever change minor details to make them happy. And minor details in a drama that bug netizens wouldnt be an incentive to quit watching. E.g. overused soundtrack... you'd complain yes, but would that stop the majority of people watching, doubt it.

And if an accident were to occur like Kimbum's.

Well if they were to film it all ahead of airing they would have plenty of time to rework the script if an actor sustained an injury. They could still adjust scenes during the filming process and not stick so tightly to the script. But it would all be BEFORE airing so problems wouldnt occur when it was airing time.

Guest aldehida

I did translation of Happy together with the cast of HYD.

wow, thank you so much, I really want to watch the show, it's so funny

Guest huangsy

Wow.. LMH is really humble..that was sweet!

STARLIGHT TEARS, pls dont quote pics.

The MOD just issued a REMINDER 2-3 pages back, http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?s=&...&p=12646224

http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?sho...;#entry12650026

많이 고생하셔서 고맙습니다. Thanks for the hard work. Also to DUNLOP.

The MC for the special talkshow is Hyun Young, together with announcer Han Suk Joon (Chris).

KBS news clip this morning abt the special, http://news.kbs.co.kr/news.php?kind=c&id=1731485 OR http://hallyudrama.blogspot.com/2009/03/bof-cuts.html

bk08062702.jpg

20090302085717972f3_091315_0.jpg

Energy 530 today's ep (2 Mar) will feature the attractiveness of LMH, leader of F4. Airs 5:30 pm Seoul time on KBS2

BOF calendar out for sale www.hottracks.co.kr

20090302100902800f0_104540_0.jpg

Thank you for this!

I swear, KHJ is such a comedian. It was so weird seeing him out of JH's character.haha..

I am so used to seeing a very reserved and quiet him in BFF and after seeing his guestings, I totally fell in love with his hilarious antics!!!

Guest ml_87

the best news i've received from yesterday.i have to say God loves BOF, too^^ remember in the drama, although JH always besides JD when she has trouble, JP is her life savior. it's destiny^^. hope that .. between Mino and HS. :x

but i really hate the idea of more scenes Jk-JP. i know HS cant film now but why they increase YJ's story in episode 17. seeing the "monkey" makes me go crazy! >"<

Guest linh27

thanks dunlop09 for the articles translations. that is really sweet of Lee Min Ho helping Goo Hye Sun & F4 visiting her. i hope she gets well soon.

thanks so much Knossos for translating the Happy Together episode. please please can someone make soft subs? that would be awesome.

Guest polaris

http://kr.news.yahoo.com/service/news/shel...mp;newssetid=83

Drama becomes real life: Lee Min Ho saves Goo Hye Sun

translated by: dunlop09

written by: 강은영기자

"After the accident occurred, a van that looked a lot like Lee Min ho's passed by. With my head ringing, I slightly remember thinking, 'I wish that was Min ho's car.' As the car door opened, it turned out that it was really Min ho, and he began to run toward us. At that time he looked like the savior of the world. Had I gotten to the hospital any later, my recovery would have been later as well. I was so thankful."

Goo Hye Sun watched the award ceremony on TV. "I was shocked when I saw Lee Min Ho fall on the red carpet. I laughed without even knowing. I thought the stitches in my mouth had come undone(laughs). Lee Min Ho and Kim Hyun Joong came to visit after the ceremony. I was very thankful. It must not have been easy to make time when they had such a busy schedule.

She expressed her happiness when she saw her two co-stars receiving the awards.

Currently, Goo Hye Sun has 3 stitches inside of her lip. The swelling was bad enough to halt production. Because of this, they will be showing a special instead of episode 17 on the 2nd. Goo Hye Sun hopes to return to filming as early as the 2nd. She is scheduled to go back to the hospital on the 5th to take out the stitches.

Wow! omg LMH was there at the perfect time to take GHS to the hospital. That is really wonderful news. and omggg puahahahhaa GHS's reaction to seeing LMH's fall. I totally understand her. haha I too inadvertantly laughed because it was so shocking. She is really funny~ I'm glad LMH could cheer her up even from far away at the awards show. =) The whole BOF cast seem so close and caring to each other.. and that makes me feel so warm inside ^^

Guest Zoehara

But we have 2 episodes which were prepared the past year (The episodes in Macau) so I though the cast had had some day to rest in the past week... Oh, well I was in a mistake... :mellow: Its a bit pity with all those accidents... I don´t understand what is happening.... It´s because of the way in which they work or they drive .... o maybe this is like that movie... Final destiny.... :huh: in which all the characters have some accident one time and two time and again and again... :crazy: Well, I hope they are OK...

By the way... I think in the next eps we will see how the fiancée wants to know about the relation between JD and Jp and to find out it she will be cruel, yes, the word is CRUEL. I´m talking (OK.... I´m writting <_< ) about the scene in the preview in which she says to Jandi she was with JP in the night..... This is false but the fianceé wants the true... well, fiancée (I don´t remember your name now): you can be a bad and a cruel person now but in the end you will cry!!! :angry: Sorry but I hate her in these episodes but I think she will be Ok later...

Guest skara

20090301_bof_1.jpg

KBS2TV Boys Before Flowers will only be showing 1 new episode this week.

At around 1 this afternoon, KBS drama department representative Song Bin Joon, director Jun Ki Sang, etc had got together for an emergency meeting to discuss the situation. According to someone who was at the meeting, "The decision has been made to stop the broadcast. After discussions, we have decided to only show 1 episode this week."

Female lead Goo Hye Sun had been involved in a car accident this past Friday morning and developed visible facial injuries after treatment, causing her to miss filming.

According to sources, Goo Hye Sun has been hospitalized for the past few days since being admitted for treatment. Although her injuries weren't anything serious, the visible swelling on her face meant that she has no choice but to skip filming. Representative Song Bin Joon visited Goo Hye Sun yesterday at the hospital and told her that broadcast will be stopped this week, and that she didn't need to rush herself back. Goo Hye Sun appears in most of the scenes for episode 17, 18 so there was no other alternative but to wait for her return. She herself expressed that she will return as soon as possible within 2 days.

It was revealed that co-star Kim Hyun Joong had also visited Goo Hye Sun in the hospital shortly after the conclusion of the 45th Baeksang Awards ceremony. According to a DSP representative, "He said a lot to console Goo Hye Sun and had been really worried about her injuries. He was actually pretty worried after receiving the news. He also told her to get well quickly and he will see her back at the filming set."

If you are wondering why did Lee Min Ho not visit her, well he went straight back to filming after the ceremony, for the filming of scenes with Lee Min Jung, his fiance in the drama.

From the latest update, there will still be Boys Before Flowers tomorrow but it will be a special consisting of highlight scenes, cut scenes and NG scenes with Episode 17 following on Tuesday. Normal schedule will resume next week. The halt in broadcast is not new in the industry. SBS Painter of the Wind was halted for 1 week after Moon Geun Young was injured during filming. MBC Wolf (only aired for 3 episodes) production was stopped entirely after Eric Mun suffered serious injuries from a stunt gone wrong during filming.

Even if they managed to clear this week's episodes, it doesn't hide the fact that the Korean drama system of filming and then broadcasting it a few days later isn't actually the best working enviroment for all involved with the production.

source: coolsmurf

the cast.....are very accident prone. :blink:

I don't mind seeing 'filler' episodes this week. I think it should be quite lighthearted and funny! :sweatingbullets:

They all look good in the 45th Baeksang Award. I was reading allkpop and they were saying it's weird to see them 'underdressed' in the award show, which I thought it was pretty funny :lol: Not used to seeing them in layers of clothings and just a plain tux. But I got to admit, it's refreshing to see them in just a simple plan tux. Their good-lookingness just shines through w/o all the details of their attire. :wub: