[drama 2008] Beethoven Virus 베토벤 바이러스

Guest yeohweping

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest cygnus87

wow, musical film?

i think Jang Geun Suk is a multitalented actor... how much music instrument he can play?

Guest kdramafanusa

Original Korean Article: SportsSeoul 08/06/26 12:16

English Translation Credit: HanCinema

Tutoring popular among television stars... Why? 'For professional acting'

20086261240_784368220_1967_0.jpg

It is becoming common for actors to go have private tutoring before filming dramas. Many dramas these days have the theme of professionalism, and the main characters want to show the career realistically.

SBS "Gourmet" is about cooks who compete for the top cook spot, and it is a key point for the main characters to make it seem more realistic. The production company, JS Pictures, made Kim Rae-won, Kwon O-joong, and Won Ki-joon attend cooking school three months before filming.

Main characters of dramas to come later in the year are also receiving training or lessons. Yoon Soy, the female lead of SBS "City of Glass", set to air in September, and Jeong Da-yeong are attending Baek Ji-yeon's Speech Korea. These actors come out as announcers. A representative of Yoon Soy said, "Baek Ji-yeon has said that if they're going to do it, they might as well do it well. They are attending the same classes as future announcers".

MBC "Beethoven Virus" is about members of an orchestra, so the main characters are receiving private lessons and submersing themselves in studying music. Kim Myeong-min, who plays a conductor, has been receiving lessons twice a week from Seo Hee-tae, a music director for dramas and arts director for Seoul National Symphony Orchestra. Lee Ji-ah, who plays a violinist, is taking lessons, and the writer of the drama is also taking violin lessons to get familiar with instruments.

Jeong Il-woo, main character of MBC "Triple", which will probably air next January, has been receiving lessons for ice skating six months before airing. He plays a short track athlete, and since he didn't know any skating, he has been attending special classes at Korea National Sport University. On the days he doesn't have lectures, he is receiving private training. Professor Jeon Myeong-gyu, his trainer, has been the national team's coach and trained gold medalists such as Ahn Hyeon-su. There is great anticipation for Jeong Il-woo to step out onto the ice.

SBS "Painter of the Wind", which will air later this year, stars Park Shin-yang and Moon Geun-yeong as Kim Heung-do and Shin Yun-bok, respectively, and they are attending a calligraphy school. They are learning oriental painting from a college professor and are trying to get closer to the image of a genius painter.

One person involved in dramas has said, "The viewers' expectations are higher, so it seems actors study hard before acting so that the basic qualities can be etched into their bodies".

Guest laiyiwen

Wow.. Thanks for the news ^^, Nodame Cantabile korean version ^_^

What a perfect cast! Lee Ji Ah, Jang Geun Suk :w00t:

Guest stephaniemsja18

aahhh

can't wait to watch it

i know the plot will be awesome b/c of the hong sisters

plus lee ji ah is such a good actress

and jang geun suk....is nice eye candy XD

Guest tuchee11

Posted by Riezzle @ the JGS thread :) Thanks dear ;)

Found this...

장근석 '트럼펫 고수'로 드라마 복귀

'베토벤 바이러스' 천재 연주자 출연… 해병대 출신 음악도, 카리스마 과시

배우 장근석이 섹시한 트럼펫 연주를 선보인다. 장근석은 MBC의 새 드라마 <베토벤 바이러스>(극본 홍진아,홍자람ㆍ연출 이재규)에 출연을 결정했다. 장근석은 극중 음악에 천부적인 재능을 지닌 트럼펫 연주자 ‘강건우’를 맡는다. 이미 캐스팅이 확정된 김명민과 동명이인의 캐릭터로 꾸밈 없고 솔직한 성격의 남자다운 남자를 연기한다. 바이올리니스트 이지아를 만나고 난 뒤 자신이 가진 절대음감에 눈을 뜬 뒤 오케스트라의 단원으로 합류하게 된다.

장근석은 전작 <홍길동>에 이어 이 드라마에서도 남성미 넘치는 음악도의 모습을 보여줄 예정이어서 여성 팬들의 가슴을 또 한번 뒤흔들 작정이다. 해병대 출신의 음악도를 연기하는 터라 색다른 카리스마를 엿볼 수 있을 전망이다.

일명 ‘한국판 노다메 칸타빌레’로 불리는 <베토벤 바이러스>는 오케스트라를 결성한 단원들이 좌충우돌 끝에 성공에 이르는 이야기를 그린 음악 드라마다. 김명민 이지아 박철민 등이 출연하며 오는 9월3일에 첫 방송된다.

source: hankooki.com

It says something about Jang Geun Suk playing the trumpet in the drama :)

Hi Maymay, we'll be following 2 dramas together. :)

I'm a huge fan of PD Lee & lead actor KMM (he's the best actor to me), they are amazing. :wub:

I read recently that KMM's preparing for the drama and filming will start in July.

Hi Shirley, I didn't know that JJH will be in this as well. How exciting!!!

Gosh, "Beethoven Virus" will be on at the same time with Song Il-kook's "Kingdom Of The Wind" and Park Shin-Yang's "Painter Of The Wind". We'll have a "Battle of Grand Prize Winners" (all 3 actors won Grand Prize).

EDIT: I remember reading some members' posts about the writers here. They are not the ones who wrote "Sassy Girl, Choon-hyang", "My Girl", "Fantasy Couple", and "Hong Gil Hong".

KMM is a great actor, iv watched Open City already. he played as a talent detective who has a traumatic experience about his mother [ casted by Kim Hae sook]. the story is really good with some great casts. ^^

wow, musical film?

i think Jang Geun Suk is a multitalented actor... how much music instrument he can play?

hmm... all i know he can plays guitar very good^^

Original Korean Article: SportsSeoul 08/06/26 12:16

English Translation Credit: HanCinema

Tutoring popular among television stars... Why? 'For professional acting'

i agree with the article. mostly viewers hope/want to see the best performance/acting og their idol in drama/movie.

included me. i want to see geunsuk's best performance as a trumpet player. i believe he also to go have private trumpet tutoring before filming this drama, if he wanna show the character realistically.

nowdays, some actors didnt use stuntmen anymore bcoz they wanna show their skill in acting.

its not only bcoz of viewers demands, but also as professional actors, they wanna do their best performance. even they do danger scenes by themselves ^^

Gosh, "Beethoven Virus" will be on at the same time with Song Il-kook's "Kingdom Of The Wind" and Park Shin-Yang's "Painter Of The Wind". We'll have a "Battle of Grand Prize Winners" (all 3 actors won Grand Prize).

Yup! can't wait to see them all ^^

Guest ldh-ldw lover

great cast! with JANG!

hahah;D i love kmm too! i love his funny character in bad family!

lol. i only dont know lee ji ah. heard she did well for a first timer in legend.

think she will be good. but is kmm gonna get the girl, or jang?

i cant bear to see jang broken hearted another time!

Guest Happy_Day

I like KimMyungMin!! His character description sounds weird, is he gonna be playing one of those odd, ultra-sensitive souls who needs to be understood and softened by a woman? Haha~

Guest kanshu

great cast! with JANG!

hahah;D i love kmm too! i love his funny character in bad family!

lol. i only dont know lee ji ah. heard she did well for a first timer in legend.

think she will be good. but is kmm gonna get the girl, or jang?

i cant bear to see jang broken hearted another time!

Why, of course they'll start an "open, three sided relationship"... :sweatingbullets:

*runs for cover*

:lol:

Archived