[drama 2008] Beethoven Virus 베토벤 바이러스

Guest yeohweping

Guest smiley6yrl

yup, this storyline is almost idential with nodamn cantible. i don't really know if i like the idea of them ripping off someone's else idea, and just add a few thing to make it different. :mellow: i'm not too wow about the casts either, but who knows, they might be able to pull it off..

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Cerise

KMM is a good actor, but the story didn't grab my attention at first. But seeing that LJA is going to be involved, I think I'll be watching this after all. Nodamn Cantible was very touching and cute. I hope they'll make a good version and not miss the the whole thing up.

Guest koryo

I don't recall ever watching a korean drama directly related to music before, who knows how well this will do.

Guest Dahee Fanel

Reading other news articles on this drama, I found something strange. So I reread the original article I translated, and realized I'd made a mistake. Now I have to correct my original translation of it: The story is NOT based on Nodame Cantabile. It just reminds people of that J-drama. So no, this Korean drama is NOT based on Nodame! Reporters are just saying that it seems similar to it, since they're both about classical music.

So could someone please edit the original post, and change this line:

This story will be based on the popular Japanese manga "Nodamae Cantabille", and will concentrate on classical music.

into this line?:

This story will concentrate on classical music, and thus brings to mind the popular Japanese manga "Nodame Cantabile".

I have also edited the post at my blog. My only excuse, I suppose, is that I translated the article super-quickly, and was very low on sleep at the time. Please forgive me!! :tears:

Guest jingjuna

^ It's okai =]

Even if the drama was based on Nodame Cantabile I would watch it. Auctually I would look forward to watching it more.

Though it may be similar to Nodame Cantabile it most probably wont be that similar. The writers and directors of this drama probably also dont want the drama to seem like a korean version of nodame cantabile. I'm sure that this drama itself will have its own aspects. The fact that it is being made in korea already changes how this drama will be made.

Guest kdramafanusa

Reading other news articles on this drama, I found something strange. So I reread the original article I translated, and realized I'd made a mistake. Now I have to correct my original translation of it: The story is NOT based on Nodame Cantabile. It just reminds people of that J-drama. So no, this Korean drama is NOT based on Nodame! Reporters are just saying that it seems similar to it, since they're both about classical music.

Hi Dahee, no problem. :)

With KMM & PD LJG, "Beethoven Virus" is a must-see drama for me.

Guest koryo

It probably won't be compared to Nodame Cantabile scrutinously if the plot differs greatly (which is probably does), but the area in which is better will probably talked about. "Nodame Cantabile is WAYY BETTER!!!" These kind of comments are going to be inevitable.. I can forsee it. lols "They are good in their own unique ways", not many accept that answer T.T

Guest kdramafanusa

It probably won't be compared to Nodame Cantabile scrutinously if the plot differs greatly (which is probably does), but the area in which is better will probably talked about. "Nodame Cantabile is WAYY BETTER!!!" These kind of comments are going to be inevitable.. I can forsee it. lols "They are good in their own unique ways", not many accept that answer T.T

How do we know for sure that "Nodame Cantabile" will be way better? I think we'll just have to wait & see, time will tell. :)

KMM's last drama "White Tower" was based on Japanese novelist Yamazaki Toyoko's renowned work, it was very well received even though its previous adaption (J-drama White Tower) was already considered a classic. Even the original author rated the Korean version highly.

yup, this storyline is almost idential with nodamn cantible. i don't really know if i like the idea of them ripping off someone's else idea, and just add a few thing to make it different. :mellow: i'm not too wow about the casts either, but who knows, they might be able to pull it off..

Even if this drama was the Korean version of Nodamn Cantible, this isn't the first time we see remakes of the originals. Production companies pay for the rights to novels/mangas to turn them into dramas. Korean works get remade in Japan as well.

Fresh Japanese Wave Threatens Korean Pop Culture [Mar.26,2007 09:58 KST]

http://english.chosun.com/w21data/html/new...0703260027.html

Guest kdramafanusa

* Kim Myung Min *

min.gif

DOB: October 8, 1972

HEIGHT: 180cm

Official

Soompi

TV SERIES

White Tower (2007, MBC) K E Soompi

Bad Family (2006, SBS) K Soompi

The Immortal Yi Soon-shin (2004/2005, KBS1) K E Soompi

More Beautiful Than A Flower (2004, KBS) K E

Fathers And Sons

Kaist (SBS)

MOVIES

Open City (2008) K Soompi

Return (2007) K

Stunt Man (2004)

Into The Mirror (2003)

Sorum (2001)

AWARDS (partial listing)

Korea Visual Arts Festival 2005 - Most Photogenic Award newsen 2005-11-24

Grime Award 2005 - Best Actor (The Immortal Yi Soon-shin) newsen 2005-12-09 newsen 2005-12-08

KBS Drama Awards 2005 - Grand Prize (The Immortal Yi Soon-shin) newsen 2006-01-01

18th Producers Awards of Korea - Best Performer (The Immortal Yi Soon-shin) newsen 2006-02-28

SBS Drama Awards 2006 - Producer's Award (Bad Family)

43rd Baeksang Arts Awards (2007) - Best TV Actor (White Tower) newsen 2007-04-25 (1) newsen 2007-04-25 (2)

Grime Award 2007 - Best Actor (White Tower) newsen 2007-12-14

MBC Drama Awards 2007 - Top Excellence Actor (White Tower) newsen 2007-12-30

20th Producers Awards of Korea [2008.02.28] - Best Performer (White Tower) newsen 2008-02-28

2005 KBS Drama Awards: Grand Prize (The Immortal Yi Soon-shin) [images=KBS/Newsen]

086006009_L.jpgyisoonshin_1.jpg

43rd Baeksang Arts Awards [2007.04.25]: Best TV Actor (White Tower) [image=K&Entertainment]

pho_200704252042490202000002020100-001.jpg

-

More Beautiful Than A Flower (2004, KBS)

0107_19b.jpg

The Immortal Yi Soon-shin (2004/2005, KBS1)

2006060117264078121_1.jpg

Bad Family (2006, SBS)

badfamily.jpg

White Tower (2007, MBC)

2006120612205378196_1.jpg

[images=starnews/kbs/sbs/mbc]

Guest kdramafanusa

* Lee Ji Ah *

2008020214294193289_1.jpg

DOB: February 02, 1981

HEIGHT: 168cm

Official

Soompi

TV SERIES

Legend (2007, MBC)

AWARDS

MBC Drama Awards 2007: New Actress, Couple (with Bae Yong-joon), Popularity

PD Kim Jong-hak (Legend, Sandglass, Eyes Of Dawn) described Lee Ji-ah as having Shim Eun-ha's beauty and Go Hyun-jung's strength.

2007123100471061118_1.jpg2007123023501138468_1.jpg

[images=starnews]

Guest Gummi Bear

Gummi_Bear

I believe she's going to play the violin (:

There are articles saying that she's gettin coached to learn how to play the violin, and this will prob be a major diff from Nodame

thanks elaiine

So BV is not base on Nodame Cantabile, that's fine with me just as long as the script is good and the music is great I will be content.

kdramafanusa, that's a really article about KMM you posted. Now I am really excited to see him act!

I guessed it wouldn't be based on Nodame, and it would be difficult to judge I guess, considering kdramas and jodramas have a diff target audience (or at least IMO?)

Compared to kdramas, jodramas are more manga-ish and exaggerated while kdramas are more toned down and appeal to me more :lol:

So I guess there will be comparisons made but I don't see how the drama should be affected by this.

Okay I hope I make sense T_T

thanx for creating this thread.. love ji ah and im sO looking forward to this :D hopefully, i can get the dvd asap wit eng sub!!

Guest kdramafanusa

UPDATED SCHEDULE

According to papers, Son Ye-jin & Ji Jin-hee's "Spotlight" will start on May 7th! Since it's a 16-episode drama, it will end on June 26th. "Beethoven Virus" will premiere around July 2nd.

Who Are You? (16 episodes): [2008.03.05 ~ 2008.04.24]

Spotlight (16 episodes): [2008.05.07 ~ 2008.06.26]

Beethoven Virus (16 episodes): [2008.07.02 ~ 2008.08.21]

Guest Cerise

^kdramafanusa thank you so much for the air time updates..

Em, I think it is natural to compare between Nodame Cantabile and Beethoven Virus. Both dramas have classical music as their main theme. Besides, the main characters are similar in so many way.

I'd like to see how this well turn out to be. I'm sure the Korean one will have a different take than the Japanese one. Whether it is good or bad, com'n, it's too soon to judge. :huh:

Guest kdramafanusa

never mind , i am too excited to think too much now! cant wait for july and it is with PD LEE! .i swear since DAMO And F70s , i am a total fan of his . lol but i thought he was doing a medicial drama ..now what happen to that ..

Shirley, there are many news reports of 'Damo' PD Lee Jae Gyu's comeback in 3 years today.

http://star.moneytoday.co.kr/view/stview.p...5030&type=1

http://www.mydaily.co.kr/news/read.html?ne...804061210331111

http://joynews.inews24.com/php/news_view.p...p;g_menu=700800

http://cnbnews.com/category/read.html?bcode=34995

http://isplus.joins.com/enter/star/200804/...0002010401.html

Guest kdramafanusa

* PD Lee Jae Gyu *

Filmography

Fashion 70's (2005)

Da Mo (2003)

Ajumma (2000)

Kookhee (1999)

Look And Look Again (1998)

White Bird (1997)

KimJongHak Production - Director Lee Jaegyu

"Fashion 70's"

http://www.kjhpro.com/eng/page/portfolio/drama22.asp

PERIOD OF BROADCASTING: 2005.5

BROADCASTING COMPANY: SBS The 60th Independence

ACTORS: Lee Yowon, Kim Minjung, Ju Jinmo, Chun Jungmyung

PURPOSE

Everyone lacks something ? Doesn’t matter where it has started, or whether it’s stilling in progress or not… Deep inside, everyone of us is lacking something, some sadness unable to express. And we keep on trying to fill that up. “The lack for the existence”, “the lack for the relationship”, and “the lack for a desire of being acknowledged” - This drama is about people’s inner lack and the struggle to fill it up. Though a lack of food, clothing and shelter needed to survive is causing the people to be mean and miserable, such a lack does not tend to remain a fatal scar, once it has been resolved. But, the lack related to our existence will stay with us forever, giving us unbearable pains, no matter how we made a fortune and gained fame. Like Salieri’s hate toward the God and Mozart, we hate ourselves, we keep a jealous eye on others, and bear grudge against the God. With “Fashion 70’s”, we desire to unveil our want, and let that dampened and stiffened want once exposed to be dried with warm sunshine. So that Mozart the genius and brilliant Salieri can co-exist as well as the happy-living ordinary people around them. Then, I believe that it may allow us to think that life is after all something, which is a bit more comfortable and happier.

Archived