[drama 2008] Beethoven Virus 베토벤 바이러스

Guest yeohweping

Shirley, there are many news reports of 'Damo' PD Lee Jae Gyu's comeback in 3 years today.

thank you !^^ .ya his come back is really long overdue .alot like me had been wondering when is our Damo director PD Lee coming back

.it had been sooo long since Fashion 70s .his last project . .i am sure PD lee will create another awesome drama with KMM as his leading man..i am so excited this particular pair is going to give me the first kdrama about music !^ !!! .

i hear they are having audition to pick the orchestra members .~^^ .

PS: lol KMM 's new hairstyle ..he already preparing for the role of condutor ? .

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest kdramafanusa

i am sure PD lee will create another awesome drama with KMM as his leading man..i am so excited this particular pair is going to give me the first kdrama about music !^ !!! .

Shirley, I feel exactly the same way. :)

:blink::blink: Omo! Is that going to be his hairstyle for BV? The hair's so thick and wavy it looks like a wig.

Thunderbolt, he's not KMM. The pictures are of Seo Hee-tae 서희태 (artistic director of Seoul National Symphony Orchestra).

http://www.snomusic.com/sno/bbs/board.php?...or&wr_id=12

http://snomusic.com/sno/bbs/board.php?bo_t...ehu&wr_id=5

Guest acemaverick

tanks for the explanation kdramausa.

i also thought it was KMM.

but this drama is such a long wait. like 3 months later. guess i have to pack more dramas in between then and now.

Guest kdramafanusa

Original Korean Article: Herald Media 2008.04.15.14:54

English Translation Credit: HanCinema

"Success power" Return of star directors (PDs)

200804150136.jpg

Lee Jae-gyoo, Lee Yoon-jeong drama comeback

There is great interest for the works of star producers, which will be coming out at the end of this year.

They say dramas are works of the writers but the power of the producers is also noticeable. Either they work with famous writers such as Kim Su-hyun and Noh Hee-kyeong, or they excel in one genre, such as Director Lee Byeong-hoon of MBC "Lee San".

The first work is Director Lee Jae-gyu's "Beethoven Virus".

This work, starring Kim Myeong-min and Lee Ji-ah, dreams of being the Korean "Nodame Cantabile". Director Lee has shown his skill through MBC "Damo" and SBS "Fashion 70s". For the past three years, he had been preparing various dramas but they did not work well and eventually chose "Beethoven Virus". Director Lee plans to tell the story of musicians who struggle after forming an orchestra.

Director Lee Yoon-jeong of MBC "Coffee Prince" also is preparing for a drama to release this year. Director Lee's "Triple" is the first national drama to have figure skating as a theme.

Director Lee has already earned praise for the 'Best Theater' four-part drama "Taereung National Village", a story about athletes.

These dramas are drawing more attention as they are comebacks of two young directors after hit productions. They also have new topics, such as a classical orchestra and figure skating. Writer Noh Hee-kyeong will be working with director Pyo Min-soo on a story about broadcasters.

Guest kdramafanusa

(from DC)

Expected lineup for Monday-Thursday MBC dramas

* Monday/Tuesday *

Yi San (ends on June 9, Special on June 10)

When It's At Night (June 16)

"Sam-soon" writer Kim Do-woo + PD Kim Sa-hyeon or Hong sisters (August 11)

East Of Eden (October)

* Wednesday/Thursday *

Our Happy Ending (May 1)

Spotlight (May 7)

대한민국 변호사 (July 2)

Beethoven Virus (August 27)

General Hospital 2 or Iljimae (October 22)

Triple (December)

---

Summer Olympics 2008: August 8 (opening ceremony) to August 24 (closing ceremony & others).

Guest Gummi Bear

Nooo!!! I thought Beethovan Virus will air in July, now it's gonna air late August? That's soo long to wait <_<

Guest kdramafanusa

Source: KBS Global 2008-04-21

Actor Kim Myung-min Attends First Fan Meeting in Japan

786738639364554088.jpg

[image=chosun]

Actor Kim Myung-min attended a fan meeting event in Japan for the first time.

Kim's management company K&Entertainment said the actor attended the fan meeting at the Nagano Sun Plaza in Tokyo on April 20. The fan meeting was organized to celebrate the official release of the DVD of "White Tower," a popular drama series in which Kim starred. Kim was accompanied by actor Lee Sun-kyun, among others.

Prior to the fan meeting, Kim held a press conference with Japanese reporters. After the fan meeting, the actor personally shook hands with his fans who attended the event.

"White Tower" is a popular Japanese drama series which was aired in Japan in 1978 and 2003. The drama was remade into a Korean version last year and became a big hit. Kim appeared in the drama as cool-headed surgeon Jang Jun-hyuk.

In the meantime, Kim has been cast in the brand new drama series on MBC TV "Beethoven Virus." He will take on the role of orchestra maestro Kang Gun-woo alongside new actress Lee Ji-ah, who rose to stardom through her performance in "The Story of the First King's Four Gods."

Guest kdramafanusa

^omg, so that means this show is going to start late August?

Thats just great.. when school starts again D:

Nooo!!! I thought Beethovan Virus will air in July, now it's gonna air late August? That's soo long to wait <_<

I believe the change of schedule is because of Summer Olympics.

I don't see this being reported in the news yet though.

Guest vitamins

w00ts! so looking forward to this drama after my Nodame Cantabile craze!! But seems that the cast is a bit older on the korean side... =/ but still gonna watch it!!

Guest KST_CICHLID

Early Fall means July ?

This drama will be aried after Spotlight , right?

I really can't wait to watch this drama

Guest kdramafanusa

Original Korean Article: Hankooki 2008/04/29 02:40:04

English Translation Credit: HanCinema

"Only for reality…" Imitation surgery and training

'Acting tutors' for actors who have professional roles

'Professional dramas' that show the world of professionals, such as reporters, entertainers, doctors, athletes, and music, are becoming a popular genre.

Last year's "Surgeon Bong Dal-hee" and "White Tower" and this year's "New Heart" and "On Air" are drawing popularity. "Spotlight" and "Beethoven Virus", which will show the daily life of a classical musician, is in production or awaiting broadcast.

Professional dramas easily attain high ratings even without great artistic elements, for it shows a world that viewers don't experience.

So it's picked as the best 'success chord'. But there is the pressure of training hat actors must go through to become like these professionals. How do actors acquire the skills to act like a true professional?

For "Spotlight", Ji Jin-hee had drinks with reporters all night and received 'tutoring' from them. To increase the reality of it, a producer who had been a reporter helped Ji Jin-hee and Son Ye-jin's acting.

Son Ye-jin said, "I'm not used to it, but I got to learn the way to ask a detective, 'Is there anything newsworthy?'" Son Ye-jin received tips to wear black clothes that woman reporters wear and to speak with a higher tone in her voice during broadcasts.

Kim Myeong-min, who appears as a classical music conductor in "Beethoven Virus", is receiving conducting lessons from a professional musician three times a week. He is almost memorizing the music and enjoying classical music.

Lee Beom-soo, who is playing a manager in "On Air", is famous for training hard to act like professional characters since the movie "Superstar Mr. Gam".

Lee Beom-soo had to play a left-handed pitcher, and months before filming, he held his chopsticks and wrote with his left hand. In "On Air", he bought a form-fitting suit worth 300 million won with his private money to look like a manager.

Kim Myeong-min, Jo Jae-hyeon, and Ji Seong, who acted as surgeons, all became experts at sewing after filming. Because Kim Myeong-min practiced sewing for many months, doctors said, "Your sewing skills are good enough for appendicitis". Jo Jae-hyeon and Ji Seong are famous for practicing surgery on pig's feet and pig's hearts.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest zOwIE_bEAr

I'm excited to this new drama of Lee Ji Ah and to see her playing violin (wow! :o she can play violin ) and i'm looking forward for this Beethoven virus story. I think its very interesting drama.

Archived