If You're Not Korean/asian...

Guest g0bananas

Guest fonfinha

for me because of the beautiful MV behind every song!!!instantly i was hooked then started searching and listening to some of the great artist,,then for the soundtrack of their series

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it after watching HOT's outside castle mv that i became interested in it..

cause it was something new and it reminded me of anime shows cause of their hair..

then i got hooked..

i think it's also because only a few are interested in it in my area that's why i became interested in it..

Guest justiiine

well i'm not korean but i am asian. lol

i got interested in kpop because of the popularity of kdramas here. i was finding some OST and BAM! thre you go. ehe

I'm Asian but not Korean and i listen to Kpop, Jpop/Jrock and Cpop. First i was into Cpop because i grew up with it and then Jpop from anime and then BoA was the first Korean artist i heard and then BoA got me into other artists in SM Town and also YG Family hehe.

Guest tinil-galia

started watching full house and it was heck addicting.

then i started to branch out and started listening to more artists and watching dramas & movies.

Same for me!

watched "Rooftop Room Cat" & "Country Princess" while surfing my tv, got addicted then saw "Young Gunz" mv by Shinhwa, googled them online..found AF..got addicted to other kdramas (Full House), then pairing of the dramas (Bikyo), got into Kpop (Bi) since then I just got caught up into more & more of Korean Entertainment, found soompi when I was voting for SHK for Soompi Queen.

Since then I have been addicted to Soompi.

Guest strawberrynkiwi

I am Chinese and I actually got to know Soompi and Kpop, Kdrama through reading fanfics.

Even now I am not really into the whole Korean Entertainment industry, but I know enough just to carry a conversation with people who are obsess (aka my sister with big bang)

Even though Soompi is so Korean bias, its still my favorite forum. Most people are nice here, unlike other forums, where people bash like crazy.

I'm Chinese! My sis introduced me some music of dbsk!

Soompi was the only forum that had allot off information about them!

but I didn't know that soompi had know allot of other singers!

I found new bands aka new hot guys

since then I am hooked with dbsk and soompi

Guest Bigjmaster14

Listened to wondergirls because of my friend then saw the Wonderbang performances and got into big bang

Guest smilexsayumi

I got into Korean Music when my friend introduced me to a boy band

and some forums they were on. Once I adjusted I started getting

really obsessed into learning about more Korean Artists XD

I'm Jamaican and not too long ago the reigning world dancehall queen was Junko a Japanese dancer. I went looking for videos with her so I could copy moves and stumbled on a subbed minmi video which led me to crunchyroll which led me to all thinds kdrama and kpop. That sounds very roundabout, but that's how it happened.

Guest KuYA II

i'm asian (filipino/chinese) and not korean so i love korean music hehe.

it started off when i was addicted to jpop music. Usually from anime opening and ending themes especially ayumi hamasaki (huge fan). I went to this ragnarok online forum and this person was asking for jpop artist reccomendation. Some list other jpop artists and BoA was included in it. So i figured "why not?". While i was downloading her mv, the first song that got me addicted to her was one of her japanese songs. When i download one of her mv "no.1" korean version, i noticed the language was different and from there it was history. I got addicted to BoA and to me, when i like korean artists i like to listen to other artists as well. FINKL, HOT, Shinhwa, 1tym, Baby VOX i would listen to some of their songs and become addicted. Then from there i became a kpop fanatic.

Guest chinese tears <3

It was really random actually. The first Korean music group I ever heard was Shinhwa back in sixth grade, 7 years ago haha. One day I found their 6th CD sitting in our cd player and I was kind of like "what the heck, why do we have a korean cd?" and my sis told me that her friend let her borrow it. So out of curiousity I started listening to it and I loved them, I still love Shinhwa. =] So yeah! I don't listen to as much Korean music anymore though because I don't like the pretty boy bands or whatever they're called now.

this korean girl i met forced me to listen to boa, so i did and that was the only kpop i listened to.

then all the asian girls at my middle school started obsessing over dbsk so i started listening to them too.

and yeah.. thats how it all started. plus my bestfriend is korean so i get influenced from her. and most of my asian friends are very korean oriented.

Guest dbsuju_gummibear

hahah well im defo not korean...but i love the music....my buddyyy (u kno who u r !!!) lol...got me into it..and im forever greatful to her for that...who0o0o0o k-pop is effing amazingggg...and i think its so cool that people can listen to the music and get enraptured in the culture eventhough we cant understand the language...it's quite fascinating really.....us k-pop fans r a rly unique group of ppl !! hehe ^_^

Guest photodaisy

ahh, well we had a buttload of dubbed k-dramas around and so won binnie was pure obsession and crying while watching dramas were so cool back in 2000. haha. so yeah, that was great. then i had this gigantic slump where k-dramas started to get boring and i didn't really care about the music because H.O.T looked really weird with blond hair. xD

so i got into a jpop phase. joined this awesome forum that loved jpop but also loved dbsk. xD i tried getting into them the first time and i was like, 'meh...they're not so great.' and then i watched their banjun dramas and zomg, i got hooked. hahaha. <3 then i started watching k-dramas again and my mom's all, 'so why are you guys watching these shows now?' hahaha. lmao. ohh, just because.

it's weird though. i can never really get into something korean unless i get a taste of their personality or extremely memorable music. :)

i remember when everyone did the s.e.s dance and i was all, 'whotheck is s.e.s?' LMAO.

Guest love!mvmt

hmm i dont know... my brother used to really like boa and had like a lot of her CD's and so i started listening to it too. i thought she was pretty haha.. and so he had other kpop songs which i decided to listen to also, and i guess i started watching korean dramas after a while too... and yeah. XD

Guest Inconnu

My oldest brother influenced me. Hes very much into the Korean culture (although not as much anymore). He practically

got me addicted to KPop back when S.E.S, FinKL, HOT, Shinwha, etc. were a big hit. I've been a fan ever since then.

Basically, I've been accustomed to the K-entertainment ever since I was 10 yrs+ ^^ But I when I first started watching

Full House did I really really become more interested.

Archived