If You're Not Korean/asian...

Guest g0bananas

Guest pattylee

I got into korean music in 2003 when my sister moved to S. Korea. she got me into 1tym. OMG i use to dance in my room for hours listening to korean music. fun times!!! :lol:

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest `rh0na

I think it was because of Korean dramas.

They got me hooked with KPop. which im grateful for. :].

I think it was Phoenix first.

Eric Mun starred in there. So that's how i started liking ShinHwa.

Goong was the drama that really really got me into KPop.

There was Kim Jung Hoon & Yoon Eun Hye (former singer).

So yeap, that's it. :).

:3.... well my sister and I have been Japan addicts for as long as I can remember and, well we got hooked on Korean music when my sister saw TVXQ's tri-angle and midoyo music vids on Channel V. Since we're used to listening/watching foreign languages that we couldn't understand (plus, we get to learn the language sooner or later anyways) we went head on with it and poof! The rest is history~

Guest badstar

I'm Asian.

My friend got me into it, I was actually doing her a favor.

She wanted me to download DBSK's debut song and performance, and I did and that's it!

I got hooked!

It's funny, because people never imagined that I'm really into kpop this much.

I dont look like I care about it, but really I do. That's why people are amazed of how much I know about it.

Guest strawberry_hit

I heard about it from nearly all my asian friends..and everywhere i go on the web i heard it talked about and how great it was. So i check it out to see what's so great. DBSK was the first thing that i saw and they attracted me..later i know boa etc. Partly the reason i got into it is because it's a pain to find good english music that's not about sex and other violent stuff so i'm pretty stuff it with the lyrics. But i can see where you are getting at. Understanding the lyrics is really important....so now besie the artist that got me into korean music, i do'nt really listen to others. It sadden me that i do'nt understand it...so yeah slowly moving away.....but still love DBSK, just not the same.

Guest smrkangl

I'm asian though....just not Korean xD

My friend is Big Bang obsessed. She let me listen to last Farewell one day and the rest is history! I just had to look for Last Farewell MV and it was so hot/cute/good/excellent/awesome that I got hooked to Big Bang too! Then i've become this Korean obsessed girl. I was cheering for Ms. Korea instead of ms. Philippines LOL.

at first i heard rising sun in chinese radio...malaysia chinese do have korean song some times but its really hard to get once....maybe 3 songs a day... then after i finish high school while waiting for my result im buzy with internet wheres i discover a lot about kpop and jpop.... thats how i now...i explore them by my self....

Guest agasshiseben

i'm malay and luv listening to k-pop...why? i guess simply coz all of the songs are catchy...i felt that korean music such as pop, r&b, ballads are truly awesome...once you hear it yo're sure to get addicted! i had my mp3 24-7 with me and it contains 60% k-pop, 20% j-pop and 20% c-pop...i may not understand the language but music is universal...as long as the song is nice, easy listening i'm all for it! k-pop hwaiting!

I got into it through accident. some guy I've known was really into anime.

and this is several years ago I might add. around 2000 I think. at that time no one knew what it was in this country. hehe and he had dowloaded a bunch of OST and such, and by mistake a Malice Mizer song.

me and my sis found it funny and cool, and did some research on it. found more songs,

and thus got into other Jrock bands such as Luna Sea, X japan, Dir en Grey, Glay etc. and then we moved a bit in jpop, but not much I might add.

I wasn't really into pop at that time, hehe. I was using bittorrent at the time since sites as Youtube and such didn't exist, hehe the good old days :P

and by accident dowloaded an Xman episode with Shinhwa :o

I think the first they ever were in all together.

and I found em so amusing and funny that I kinda just started to do some research of who they were and all that. and got into their music and may I add, was and still is totally not my taste xD but I got all their cds and some solo albums, even got me some autographed ones, hehe all because of the cheesyness of Shinhwa.

I also got interested in other bands such as H.O.T and a totally new band at that time called DongBangShinGi <- a name I found very amusing at that time, hehe. I remember watching HUG thinking HOLY crap their young! hmm but very cute :o :x

so ye that's what got me started in all this mess. but I love it <3

Guest riceavocado

Basically YouTube, a friend who used to play Asian music on her Xanga all the time, and dramas.

Guest nadz42

it alllllllllllll began with

FULL HOUSE

daaamn, that was such a great drama!

Bi/Rain :rolleyes: ..

me too. i read in a newspaper in england called the metro about how Korean dramas are really good so

i was curious and one day i went to youtube searched for Korean dramas found full house.

i was always into anime , gragonballz , cardcapters, good times.

then my friend sent me a video of this song which was Big Bang 's my girl cuz Taeyang looked so HOT and that

basically got me into kpop. its all thanks to Big Bang.

lots of non asian people are into asian culture at my school with anime.

HERE'S HOW EVERYTHING STARTED.

we had a korean classmate who was SO nice. we were so engrossed by her niceness and she was so cute ^_^ so we started to ask her about korea, and she taught us the basics of hangul. i wasn't really interested then but my friend was. and now, after 2 years, she's like a korean! hehe. then my sisters started to turn korean as well. so much that everyday, all i heard were korean pop songs of super junior (back then, i called suja juniyo cos that's what i heard, haha). i was very western, because all i was listening to was fall out boy, panic! at the disco, and the like. until FINALLY, this may 23, 2008, i gave in, if you may call it. and i'm proud and VERY HAPPY to say that i am finally, KOREANIZED~ aja fighting! ^^

Guest LemonMud

haha fuuuun!!

I was on youtube back in 2005... somehow BoA came up... (I had no idea of her existence at the time) and I clicked the little icony thingy... and it was Girls On Top... good song :D

that totally got me interested lol. I never knew asians could sing at the time (mainly because of my mothercoughwoo...)

Guest notafreak924

mostly because of the dramas I watch that I got into Korean and other Asian music. The rest I just found them online.

Guest ChunnieBunnieLover

i'm not a korean but i love K-pop because of SuJu..ahaha lol okay, seriously.. i love the fact that Korean singers dance and sing at the same time.. it's sort of brings back memories (think BSB,NSYNC..etc) the days where you kinda obses over boybands.. :P

i believe music is a universal language, so no matter what language of the song is.. if it's good, it's good! well being half chinese i really want to know the chinese culture.. so i listen to Chinese song..with craze of manga and anime..i get to know J-pop, i started knowing K-pop when MTV Asia had one segment every morning which is ASIAN TAKEAWAY which shows 3 asian music.. probably my first ever K-pop that i heard was either from SuJu,DBSK,SMTown or Shinhwa(besides OST)..i know i didn't hear k-pop from BoA first, it was J-pop first..

but my craze wasn't really THIS crazee until 2007..lol even my family knows i lovee Korean stuff!

Guest monaero

i got into jpop through anime. It wasn't until Kingdom Hearts came out that I became really obsessed. I got into Kpop through Bi, Se7en, and DBSK.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest haneul_norae

my very first was Card Captor Sakura's ost... particularly the song Ki Ni Naru Aitsu by Li Shaoran..

but what really got me addicted was when i was really hooked on Meteor garden and find stuff about them, then i got introduced to korean drama and Japanese drama and the rest as they say is history...

my fave asian artists are Shinhwa and Se7en.

Guest celinewalksin10

asian here but not korean.. :)

i like foreign languages and culture so i naturally got interested in kpop. i actually liked japanese shows before, and then

it switched to kpop. i started studying some of my korean friends' names and then boom, i managed to read korean buuut

up to know, i don't understand MOST of what i can read. haha:D

Archived