If You're Not Korean/asian...

Guest g0bananas

Guest Megumi

I guess anime brought me into the Asian world? I'm Vietnamese, but I really liked Japanese stuff since I was little. Through anime, came anime music. Through anime music came musicals. Through musicals came bishies. Through bishies came Johnny's Entertainment. Through JE came the rest of the Jpop scene. Then finally through Tohoshinki came Dong Bang Shin Ki and the rest of the Kpop scene xD

So, that was my story :P

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Guest petit OSKAR

Ah, lols.

Back in primary school, I had this friend [she was Korean] and on her binder were a bunch of pictures of DBSK and Super Junior. I saw Heechul and his hair was all slicked back and I was like... :D. Haha. So then she comes over and she shows me DBSK's song My Destiny. Technically, I started out with DBSK's Japanese music but then I started listening to their Korean songs, first with Tonight and so on. Haha.

It was all because of Heechul, though.

Guest SoompiSnoopi

I was watching Inuyasha one time and heard the ending theme

it turns out the ending theme was by BOA

I never really knew about KPOP yet

my friends showed me some funny videos

such as:

the FTTS sunkist CF

Brian Joo + Rain dance battle

DBSK-Rising Sun

SUJU-U

and many many more

ahahah..it made me laugh so much

I searched them up on my own and got hooked!

KPOP+Funny Videos+Fanfics(thanks to Zari)+K dramas

SUPER JUNIOR! DBSK! SNSD!

An online friend sent me a link to DBSK's Banjun Dangerous Love and I thought Changmin was so cute.

Looked them up and found some of their music. Really liked it "Rising Sun".

Which led to other bands then lead to Japanese and Taiwanese bands.

The rest is history and I am still obsessed.

Guest 영원한 사랑

im korean but i honestly didnt start listening to korean music until like middle school

i was exposed to it from other korean friends who were majorly obsessed with it..

so it just made me love it

Guest snailCOOKIE

Everything starts when my mom got interested in Xman and Korean dramas, then one night we watched xman together.

I could barerly let xman go XD and the first ep. i saw was the one with junsu and yunho! i remember that junsu had red/black hair.

and then junsu became my favorite and dbsk my idols! :D (still is) then it continued there on to Super Junior,Big Bang and SNSD.

THANKS MOMMY. ILU. (and i'm just gonna tell the hard truth that i hated korea before -iknowslapmeorkilleme- but know i love korea)

ONLYNINEBEAUTIFULGIRLS.jpg

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

HAE'S BARBIE DOLL

(CLICK,CLICK ON THESE SITES && FRIEND ME;)

Guest missyblue

im not korean, but it doesnt matter, because music is music. if it gets you right there in the heart, thats all that matters. :D

i remember listeing to some SuJu (my first korean boy group..) songs a looooooooooong time ago... and then.. one thing led to another... and here i am, obsessed with big bang and other groups/singers! : )

Guest cassi-o-peia

Haha this is a good question actually...

I'm not korean (but i'm asian XD) and I don't understand korean words but I still love korean music, etc. lol

well~ I watched Korean drama on TV and I'm so addicted to it! The first one that I watched is Autumn in my Heart - I cried like crazy lol

The theme song was so touching so i started listening to kpop since then.. I think I was 11 back then..

Now ==> I am more than obsessed with DBSK!

Guest xlemonpie

i'm not korean, or even asian. i'm actually persian xD

my chinese friend was listening to some songs by dbsk, and she asked me if i liked to listen to songs i didnt understand, and i said "yea"

so she sent me some youtube links about DBSK, Se7en, and Taebin, and i instantly loved their music. she then introduced me to the drama "my girl" and i LOVED it.

my other friends then introduced me to more korean, japanese, and chinese music. the drama osts also got me hooked;; and now i'm even trying to learn korean, hehe XD

now, my favorite artists are dbsk, se7en, shinhwa, gazette, remioromen, younha, boa, epik high, big bang, erika sawajiri, and fahrenheit :)

Guest loveme100x

I'm not that into korean music. Just a couple songs here and there, and random spazz moments on random guys.

But the "interest" in Korean music or anything Korean related all started with that wonderful Autumn Love Story drama...xD

Guest troongy

Hmmmm

my reason

ummm

i was walking in the city one day and saw and advertisment for some BoA album and i was like "ooohhh shes pretty"

went home googled BoA

and bam !

here i am today

=)

Guest dtp25

well... like most people it started with the korean dramas through a friend etc. I went to the phils watched a hilarious "my girl" series and loved it. I came back to Autralia and a friend offered a Princess Hours dvd. and through that

Princess Hours> searching for season two> Kim jung hoon > Xman

Xman was a great show cause it introduced you to heaps of korean artists.

and then it went to koyote> DBSK> super junior > heechul> Gackt

and that introduced haps of people from japanese industry but im still trying to find a show like xman.. for i still know very little about the japanese artists.

F.I.R still remans to be the only chinese artist i know and i love them. got introduced somehow by a link on youtube

i owe it alot to subbers of shows like

- coolsmurf,

- muishie,

- ginaya etc. who introduced thousands of people to kpop alike.

two very GOOD places for korean gossip etc. are

-POPSEOUL.COM AND - SHENYUEPOP.COM

sorry soo long . needed somewhere to ramble

Guest unique_daisy

I'm asian, but not korean..

I'm always crazy over songs in anime, but i never really like jpop.

last year, my housemates were crazy over rain, dbsk and super junior. they kept showing me xman, love letter, heechul, all the mv, concerts, etc2, but I never really interested with kpop at that time.

But this year, my new housemates [who is dbsk die hard fan] show me suju mini drama and i'm falling in luv with suju from that moment. then i started searching for all their songs, concerts and show. i luv suju.. (^_^)

Guest Phoën¡x

hm....

simple

music transcend all beings.

i love thai and chinese first..since i get to watch it almost everyday

then.. japanese.. then the korean wave

Guest INSANE

after watching a lot of kdramas and having a friend who's into korean music as well, i've been influenced :) but it's a good thing because i LOVE korean music/artists :D

Guest Jacey87

I'm like, basically a little bit of everything except any kind of Asian at all. That I know of anyway. Lol!

My senior year of high school (I'm a sophomore in college now,) I started hanging out with three Korean guys (we went to boarding school so they lived there but were going to school in the states.) And they introduced me to a bunch of stuff. I got hooked on Se7en ( :lol: ) and though I still absolutely love Se7en, I started branching out on my own and "discovering" new artists. Now those guys (we are still really good friends) tease me because they say I know more about Korean music than they do and they live in the country. Heh! :)

Well I'm not korean and ii got into korean music. Lol Tho iim asian. ii got into it when my friend, who also snt korean introduced me to Super Junior and ii slowly got into korean music =D Working off from arists to artists :] Korean Music isn't bad actually. my parents always say that if ii listen to more korean music, ii might end up marrying one. loll. ii dont mind :D iits kinda weird Cos ii then introduce korean music to my friends who are NON-asain and they're like obsessed now :] teeeheee it's like a disease you cant cure :D

Guest guccigal

See my AVATAR? Its all because ALL ABOUT EVE.

Then it was followed by FTTS' SEA OF LOVE. That got me!! I was officially hooked.

It was followed by Clazziquai then SG Wannabe...lots more came after.

But am now in love with BIG BANG songs. I can't believe how all their songs are so addicting.

I'm Caucasian and just got into k-pop earlier this year.

Odd thing is, listening to Big Bang actually has made me reconsider listening to more American hip hop and r&b. I do like r&b, but I guess I'm rather old school and lean much more towards Motown and 80's than recent hits.

~Rachel

Yeah!! Because of Big Bang, am now researching American R&B and rap. So these Americans have Big Bang to thank for!! :rolleyes:

Am soooo not into rap rap before Big Bang happened to me. Whats with Big Bang that they got me hooked like this?? :wacko:

Archived