I was born in Asia and listened to Asian music all my life

and one day my friend recommended kpop

MC Mong-I Love You, oh Thank You

I was addicted immediately

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

uhm, i guess music has no bounderies...... so is the language.

SuJu is my first korean idol group and probably the only and last idol group id ever listened to and i so liked their music yet i dont understand one bit. and i enjoy wantching korean dramas too... soo i dont really think language becomes that kind of a huge barrier when it comes to liking something... english subs are always there..LOL

Guest Autumn1430263885

well i'm asian, but not korean,,,,

i first got into anime,then japanese music,,,and since BoA was korean and sang japanese songs, i was introduced to korean music and my friends were korean,,, Then i remember going to random mp3 rotation sites and fell upon 'se7en'. And then suju->dbsk->BIG BANG->wonder girls->girls generation and korean dramas/fashion : D

Guest lost_s0ul09

the very first korean singer i listened to was eugene kim because of her drama wonderful life, then i watched full house (bi & shk)

while looking some NG videos i found BoA's video while she's dancing/singing the three bears song, so i got interested and searched some of her MVs and i found Moto, GOT and Valenti. I really liked the song valenti so i searched her performances and i landed in DBSK's video while singing that song and loved the way junsu danced. after that i started to discover more SM artists.

Guest x__h a ll e n`

My friend actually mentioned Super Junior & so I decided to check them out. I watched a lot of Youtube videos of them & saw a lot of comments mentioning a band called DBSK & well yeah .... xD Ahaha

Guest †-oh.double.kaYzz

mostly listen to rnb & hardstyle

kjc pop i rarely do, i meant never actually haha~

Guest Cherry Pie

I usually get interested in like koraen music because of korean dramas, and i get into korean dramas, cause i came upon another type of drama like a japanese drama or something and etcc. i like variety :]

Guest jpeg_

Im vietnamese, living in aus.

I'm obsessed with korean :o

Got into it since year 7.

Friends told me about a band with 13 guys, super junior

and i was like WTH haha

and i googled em and youtubed em,

they turned out to be pretty HOT and hilarious

and now im into more korean bands of course like big bang and ft island and kdramas.

I get updated from Popseoul and other blogs and soompi.

Koreans are so pretty

I wish i was korean :(

My friends are into kpop/jpop as well

and we all gossip about it and update each other :D!

Others say How can you like it,

You don't even know what their saying.

Well as long as it sounds good (Y)

Sometimes i read the eng subs too.

I find korean entertainment better/funny than Aus/us entertainment

I don't even listen to much eng music or watch austalian tv much and movies

I'm so weird yeah, lolllllllllllllllll

One day I'm going to Korea for sure.

=]

• 2 weeks later...
Guest stayfreemymisery__`

J ROCK ==> my BFF is a huge fan of FMA so one day she looks up their theme song [err main song, whatever] and finds out it's L'Arc... she gets into Hyde... forces me to watch Moon Child w/her.... i fall for Gackt and eventually discover other JRock artists...

K POP ==> i looked up gackt on youtube and came across a vid called "DBSK vs. GACKT vs. MIYAVI" and then i researched DBSK and well... the rest is history

V :wub:

I'm not asian but I wish I was =);

first I love Korean Dramas but didn't hear any band or something..

then my friend of usa told me to made her a gif, the videos were

'Choosey Lover' and 'Miss you' of DBSK.. then I got to K-pop.

Guest ketchup?

wow this is gonna be a long list for me

stairway to heaven lead me to save the last dance which lead me to full house and sangdoo and ijuksa which lead me to rain. THENN rain lead me to soompi which lead me to big bang. then soompi also lead me to dbsk whom i loveeeeeee now, suju, snsd, and so on and so forth. youtube made me love dbsk even more lol. oh the internet.. thank you internet!

Guest Bboy TYS

Jpop and breakdancing (bboying). I learned about the korean pop from the korean hip hop scene on youtube videos also.

Guest marasshi

I got into Korean music because of J-pop. I was into those JE boybands and wFL until I eventually got bored and then found out about Dong Bang Shin Ki. And then I started to watch Arirang (the channel) and found out about other artists, etc.

Right now I'm not really into just K-pop or J-pop or C-pop only, I like to listen to a little of everything. : )

Guest mentalfiction

I'm not Korean, but I'm Asian =.=

ANYways...my friend and i were on MSN one day and she sent me a link to SJ's Don't Don/.

I fell in love with the song, but was majorly confused at why there were 13 people in the band =P

After that, I listened to more songs and thus got into kpop.

But I've listened to kpop before my friend sent me that song...

I used to listen to a few Boa songs a few years ago.

Guest annameg

im not korean^^

buh im asian^^

i got into kpop because of the hallyu wave of course^^

watched full house, got into "i think i love you", searched byul, got into OST's, got addicted to BoA, got into Jpop, got addicted to ayumi hamasaki and utada, after like 4 years, my friend told me to look up suju, AND then BAM!>>> became a dongbang fan!^^

and now im trying to be a GOOD fan (buying goodies^^)

Guest bonbons

i'm asian xP

i was a bit white washed when I moved here because there was practically no asians where i lived, i listened to mainstream western music and very limited chinese artists. then i bought ayu cds and mika nakashima cds when i was back in china, so it was jpop/jrock for a while, and then on to boa's jpop releases, and eventually led me to listen to other artists because (sorry to boa fans) i wasn't extremely into boa's music.

Guest chitah

my friend introduced me to big bang and wonder girls. at first i was like ew wth is this crap. then i eventually loved the crap xP

Archived