[drama 2005] Autumn Showers 가을 소나기

Guest jinhee

Guest nycstrawberri21

Next episode preview shows that GuiYoon finds out by listening to the tape and Yunsuh and YoonJae recorded when they ran away...

*gasp* :blink:

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest annababy

yeah i stopped watching this, i love the characters but the storyline should be good and is good but i dunno but the drama still sucks!!!

Next episode preview shows that GuiYoon finds out by listening to the tape and Yunsuh and YoonJae recorded when they ran away...

*gasp* :blink:

As GuiYoon was listening her husband and girlfriend (or should I say his girl friend) walked in.

What role do anyone think GuiYoon coworker will play?

Guest soonjap

lol ... at the rate people are giving up on this drama ... is there going to be anyone left telling us if it went the way you predicted. :lol: the mom is already at him to ditch her even when she was in coma much less if what you predicted comes true. oh ... you're better than me ... i stopped at 4. haha

but wow ... this drama will be remembered for beating it's own record low ratings. :x i wonder if the scriptwriter/director is banking too much on audiences feeling & symphatizing with ryu won's character in kim sam soon so they thought even if they put her in a role like this ... she'll pull it through and we'll buy the affair. <_< i'm realist enough not to expect the husband to stay totally devoted to a wife who has been proclaimed vegetable but the way they throw all the events at you and how the two got together is such a total put off for me ...

i really wonder how kim so yun felt ... this is like her return to acting in korea and this drama bombed this bad. but i suppose she should take heart that she was made to be in coma so it wasn't her ... :unsure:

I think the problem (or problems, I should say, since there are soooo many) of this show is its unrealistic portrayals of the characters that are involved in this drama. The Korean audiecnes have caused great commotion in Korea and have scalded both the producers and writers for assuming that they would simply tune in to this drama just because of Jung Ryu Won's popularity in the previous MBC hit drama "My Name is Kim Sam Soon". The audiences have expressed anger at the idea that they would be unable to distinguish between a cute but mediocre actress and a story line that people just can't stomach.

My sentiments are along the same. I have said it from the beginning (or at least before Soompi forums crashed) that this drama was unrealistic and worse, that dragged. The one character who actually injected life and vitality into the show was put in a coma for 3 seemingly endless episodes that detonated the public's patience. I know it did with mine. KSY is the one actress who actually CAN act, and instead of exploiting her talent, they bury it in the hopes that JRW will shine as the co-lead? Maybe this sounds harsh, but she needs to work on her acting ability because she is NOT showing it here. Her character is so unbelievable that no wonder it is putting viewers off.

The writers are expecting me to buy this: the woman who has the affair with the coma-induced woman's husband, is now taking care of her once she has miraculously woken up? I seriously believe that had the Korean public remained silent on this whole thing, the writers would have left KSY in a coma for MORE episodes just so that JRW could have more air time.

And if the wife was in a coma for 2 years with no assurances that she would wake up any time soon, why couldn't the husband have the guts to either get an annulment or get divorced? That would actually have been an interesting story arc and then KSY could wake up and find out her best friend and now ex-husband got together while she was in a coma. I would then imagine 2 scenarios: either KSY is determined to get her husband back or even better, she finds out more about herself and becomes determined to enjoy life and regain everything that was lost to her (sans the husband), including a new love. Quite frankly, anything would have been better than what we're getting. But KSY should not take this personally. She's not the writer and she didn't put herself in a coma for 3 freakishly long episodes so that we can just stare adoringly at OJH and JRW stare lovingly at each other. Ewwww.

Sadly, I stopped watching one episode short of KSY waking up and then gave in and saw the episode following that and wished why I did. I'll probably watch the last 2 episodes just to see how it all ends to satisfy my curiosity - which, looking at the new low ratings, is probably what other people will do, too. :lol: Sadly, I could care less what happens in between.

Regardless of the rating as well as poor judgement on the PD part, I'm still interested in this drama. Can anyone please tell what is going on now that all the parties knows what is going on. What are the saying to each other? What is his parents beef? What's going on?

Also, I still find it hard to sympathize with KSY. There just wasn't enough time and scenes together for me to buy into their marriage. I personally feel she should be grateful that someone took good care of her while she was unable to. To act like her state had no bearing on the current situation is just a bit too much to accept.

(BTW - don't get me wrong, I am a strong advocate concerning marriage. So their marriage must be very very weak if even I am not ralled up about OHJ straying.)

Edit - I've had a little more time to think. It's not their marriage I don't buy into but rather their love. I think OHJ is loyal to his wife (and even that is based on guilt) but he is in love with RSW.

Guest namoo_ya

it's not bad at all. it is a typical k-drama in the way that it kind of lags and there are a lot of secrets, but it's definitely not a conventional plot. it shocks you time and time again by the way that the storyline is evolving (if u can call it that).

but it's definitely a melo- which means there are basically no scenes where it is light-hearted. (except maybe in the beginning) the characters kind of have this scarlett letter vibe and though theyre in the wrong, it's the type of drama where you just cant help but not hate the sinners. (except maybe soo-young because of his rigid acting)

if you're the type that likes samsoon types of dramas, i wouldn't recommend it.

but my roommate and i find ourselves constantly waiting for wednesdays and thursdays........ & especially today.

you can sort of already assume that no one is going to end up together... but i guess the real question is what will happen to the relationship of g.e & y.s.

How are the ratings doing these days? I would watch it by downloading it on clubbox but I'm just worried about getting caught by my university -_-;;

Guest soonjap

Also, I still find it hard to sympathize with KSY. There just wasn't enough time and scenes together for me to buy into their marriage. I personally feel she should be grateful that someone took good care of her while she was unable to. To act like her state had no bearing on the current situation is just a bit too much to accept.

Really? It's true that the timing of KSY and OJH getting together and then getting married was rushed but the fact that they did it, assumably because they were in love with each other, was credible, in my opinion. But why should KSY feel grateful? Shouldn't it be a given that her husband take care of her since he was the one who caused the accident in the first place, albeit unintentionally? Morever, towards the end (right before she woke up), both OJH and JRW took "good" care of her because they felt guilty about having the affair and NOT because they felt they should. I'm not so sure I would feel "grateful" to either party if I was the one in KSY's situation. If it were me, it would have been better off if they left me to my own devices than to find out they had been lying to me about the whole affair during my coma.

And should KSY also feel grateful that while she was in a coma-induced state, her husband and best friend were carrying on an affair? It's like telling KSY, 'Hey, don't blame us for sleeping with each other; you were in a coma and we didn't know when you would wake up." That doesn't make any sense to me.

What I find particularly distasteful is the lack of a spine on OJH's character. His pathetic wishy-washy attitudes is sickening to watch. And we're supposed to sympathize with him? Why? Just because his wife was in a coma for a while? The whole plot is incredibly shallow. What I find unacceptable is to justify illicit affairs just to stop feeling guilty about having it. What's worse is to accept is JRW's character. After having an affair with her best friend's husband, she continues to come over and to "help" her as if nothing has happened? Oh my goodness...stop the madness, already! The problem with this drama is that there isn't just one but so many plots that are hard to accept or understand.

Guest jinandjuice

I'm pretty curious to see what happens in the end.

I have no idea...

Maybe they'll once again kill someone off to resolve things(?).

I hope this drama just pulls through with a great ending..?

Well uploading YSI links of Ep.11-13 for ppl that still need it....

How are the ratings doing these days? I would watch it by downloading it on clubbox but I'm just worried about getting caught by my university -_-;;

Haha I feared that the fist week of school, but it's weird.

All my friends' clubboxes were banned, but mine is fine :)

Downloading everyday since... B)

*I'm not encouring it now... :P

Archived