Kim Kang Woo 김강우

myownsecretmind

^ Thanks for the pics, valley girl! Am interested to see what Eros is all about, hope it'll be good!

Here's the movie poster for Rainbow Eyes, Kim Kang-woo looks so intense and sexy!

rainboweyes.jpg

Poster for The Railroad, with Son Tae Young:

kimkangwoo187.jpg

And another drama poster of Story of a Man:

1238140084_theslingshot.jpg

Stills from Three Leaf Clover:

kimkangwoo175.jpg

kimkangwoo176.jpg

With Park Shi Yeon promoting Marine Boy:

kimkangwoo177.jpg

Misc:

kimkangwoo173.jpg

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest valley girl

i wanna watch his projects all i mean..

i have watched Silmido ( he is so Cute there ), the beauty and the beast , le Grand Chef , Marine Boy ( made me Feel he is the no 1 Hottest Body now ), The Story of A man.

Now i am looking forward for his another movie.. i wanna watch The railroad because he was awarded Best actor From Torino film Festival..

Now i am hunting bichunmo hehehehehe.. i hate that he is underrated actor with big ability.. i hope that he will be some kind of seol kyung goo in future amin!!!

^ You can check out the Bichunmoo thread in the forums.

Okay, javabeans has kindly translated another article on Kim Kang-woo, the man is getting some recognition finally!

http://www.dramabeans.com/2009/06/kim-kang...an-cut-anymore/ - translation by javabeans

http://spn.edaily.co.kr/entertain/newsRead...DirCode=0010301 (original article from E Daily)

kimkangwoo195.jpg

kimkangwoo196.jpg

kimkangwoo197.jpg

kimkangwoo198.jpg

Sexiness personified!

Guest valley girl

Hur/Heo Jin Ho’s segment – Touching/Pathetic Love

Cast:

Kim Kang Woo – Hyun Woo

Cha Soo Yeon – Hye Rim

Synopsis:

Hyun Woo and Hye Rim are a happily married couple. In fact, Hye Rim waits all day hiding around the house in order to surprise her husband when he gets home. While Hyun Woo worries about his wife being alone at home all day, Hye Rim worries about the fact that her husband will soon be left alone forever….

CRED http://kpculture.wordpress.com/2009/04/27/...tion/#more-4364

• 5 weeks later...
Guest Rxgoodleaf

I have noticed him in dramas and movies before...

But, did he surprise me in "Man's Story aka Sling Shot"!

He just blew me away!

He was soooo good... I mean soooo evil, he gave me the chills!

Gonna watch "Marine Boy"...

I understand, he buffed up for the part... ^^

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest anne0129

I'm new in this thread. I am currently watching Story of Man and man oh man am I so in love with this actor. He is so intense and so gorgeously bad that if his character wanted to destroy me I would just probably sit in front of him drooling and saying yes you can destroy be because is this guy one amazing actor. He is so wonderful and so masterful in his craft that I have actually watched Le Grand Chef, Rainbow Eyes and Beauty and Beast and I feel that with all of his works he really brings out something so different and so potent that I actually had to do a double take and realize that he was all in that works because he is like a chameleon and he really embodies all the characters that he plays and the real Kim Kang Woo blends himself on all the character he plays. I love this actor not just because he is so yummy looking but because I think he is the best and most talented actor out there right now and still he is so under-rated. I hope to see him in a new project soon and I would love to see him in another series as intense and gripping as STORY OF A MAN. LOVE HIM SO MUCH. CHAE DO WOO is now my favorite villain.

• 2 weeks later...

This thread needs more love! Just finished watching Story of A Man today - Kim Kang Woo was AMAZING. Handsome and a great actor. I hope he wins some awards for his role as Chae Do Woo.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

INVINCIBLE news update regarding casting!!

Lee Min Ki to be replaced by Kim Kang Woo

Joo Jin Mo and Jo Han Sun are added to the cast

http://kr.news.yahoo.com/service/news/shel...;newssetid=1352

[단독]송승헌-주진모-김강우-조한선, '영웅본색' 출연

[single] Song Seung-heon - Joo Jin-mo - Kim Kang-woo - Jo Han-seon, casts of 'A Better Tomorrow'

[OSEN] 2009년 12월 05일(토) 오전 09:14

20091205091440799a4_094015_0.jpg

*rough translation:

Starring Song Seung-hun, Joo Jin-mo, Kim Kang-woo, Jo Han-seon the Hong Kong film A Better Tomorrow 'in Korea rimeyikeupanin film mujeokja' (finger print production) appeared to be.

And Hong Kong director Tsui Hark Actor: 1986 to kkophi noir masterpiece of the 'A Better Tomorrow' for a remake of Korea siljeong 'mujeokja' cast to them to complete the next 4 am planning to start shooting in January after finishing the second half are planning to release .

Chow Yun Fat was delayed a traitor a traitor for trying to hurt the bridge ex-gang Song Seung Heon two stations, working in gangs in jail as a junior after a betrayal of his brother's forgiveness, you want to live a clean life, Walter (jeokryong) stations served by Joo Jin-mo. The police have failed to forgive him as my brother (Leslie Cheung) is postponed 김강우 stations. The helm of the organization johanseon betrayed his brothers to secure the middle despicable boss (yijaung Station) and bunhanda.

Movie official "seungbusu of the film's drama between the four actors each. 4 actor plays the most important point is this. And so that was easy to cast. You will learn to balance between the big deal," he said.

₩ 10,000,000,000 masterpiece about a committed 'mujeokja' the original sentiment in South Korea to import basic teulman decorate a whole new story. Subject 'mujeokja' by no means the mess is a relative does not have dual nationality and meaning, the North Korean special agents talbukhan gang settled in South Africa in the world going on, perhaps he is content to paint. In a word, 'North of the A Better Tomorrow' is.

Publisher fingerprint the last 2006 'A Better Tomorrow' Remake rights were purchased. Directing the 'Maundy Thursday', 'Riki' songhaeseong directed by the aircraft.

nyc@osen.co.kr

Take online watch sports newspaper, digital mugaji OSEN Fun & Fun, 2nd edition published daily newspaper

*TSH

IT'S CONFIRMED!!!

http://kr.news.yahoo.com/service/news/shel...;newssetid=1352

송승헌 주진모 김강우 조한선, '무적자' 출연 확정

Song Seung Hun Joo Jin-mo Kim Kang-woo Jo Han-seon, 'mujeokja' appearance confirmed

[스타뉴스] 2009년 12월 05일(토) 오전 09:34

20091205093420823b6_093612_0.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------

http://news.nate.com/view/20091205n05192

송승헌-주진모-김강우-조한선, 한국판 ‘영웅본색’ 출연 확정

Song Seung Hun - Joo Jin-mo - Kim Kang-woo - Jo Han-seon, Version 'A Better Tomorrow' appearance confirmed

기사전송 2009-12-05 16:24 최종수정 2009-12-05 16:27

dfe600a8308435b333e06223ff85aa74.jpg

*rough translation

Starring Song Seung Hun, Joo Jin-mo, Kim Kang-woo, Hong Kong johanseon noir masterpiece 'A Better Tomorrow' was cast in the Korean Version.

December 5, according to movie insiders "with Song Seung Hun Joo Jin-mo, Kim Kang-woo, johanseon the recent 'A Better Tomorrow' remake film 'mujeokja' was cast as the hero," said "as early as next year to rush filming of the movie is aiming" he said.

The 'mujeokja' is Maundy Thursday, Riki, and I got on a megaphone directed yeonchulhan songhaeseong. Song director in 1999, Kara, 10 years later, and respiration guess Seung Heon said.

Song Seung Hun in the film that the Chow Yun Fat yeolyeol take an act of pyeolchil Station Soma said. North Korea's Joo Jin-mo from the special interest that wants to forgive his brother's role jeokryong, 김강우 (Kim Kang Woo) that does not forgive him to leave the police station was Leslie Cheung. Johanseon the organization's role takes on the helm to grasp. Johanseon the 'mujeokja' shots is the back door after you've decided to join the army.

Movie official "seungbusu of the film's drama between the four actors each. 4 actor plays the most important point is this. And so that was easy to cast. You will learn to balance between the big deal," he said.

The 'mujeokja' distance from the original information is expected to walk away. Bristow only for basic emotions bring South Korea to be reborn. North and South Korean special agents eager to get into the gang adjusting to draw the world.

Please wait bnt News reporter gogogirl@bntnews.co.kr YJ

*TSH

article by Mr. X :D

http://twitchfilm.net/news/2009/12/more-ca...rrow-remake.php

bettert.jpg

by X, December 5, 2009 6:34 AM

More Cast Details on Korean Better Tomorrow Remake

Last word on 무적자 (Invincible), the Korean remake of John Woo's 英雄本色 (A Better Tomorrow), was that Song Hae-Sung of 파이란 (Failan) would direct, and that Korean Wave star Song Seung-Heon and possibly Lee Min-Gi would be cast as the leads. But now producers Fingerprint have finalized the cast, and I suppose the ladies will be pleased.

Lee Min-Gi seems out, unless they cast him in a lesser role (wouldn't be out of the question, considering in how many films he starred this year, regardless of screen time), but Song Seung-Heon is confirmed for Chow Yun-Fat's role, and the other three main characters will be played by interesting choices: Joo Jin-Mo, last seen on the big screen playing Goryeo's King Gongmin in 쌍화점 (Frozen Flower), will play Ti Lung's role, while Kim Gang-Woo of 태풍태양 (The Aggressives) and 마린보이 (Marine Boy) will essay Leslie Cheung's role. Waise Lee's role will go to Jo Han-Seon.

Again, interesting choices, at least on a pure acting standpoint (as far as marketing potential goes, they did a pretty formidable job, all things considered). Kim proved this year with the terribly misguided 남자 이야기 (The Slingshot) that he's a sort of male version of Lee Na-Young, someone who works within limited boundaries, but whenever those limits are overstepped the flaws become impossible not to notice. And considering how little Jo and Song have to offer beyond machismo and mugging for the camera, you find yourself in a situation where Joo Jin-Mo (again, not exactly a master thespian) has to carry the ball for all four. The result could very likely be another 숙명 (Fate), filled to the brim with macho posturing, some kinetic bullet shenanigans, and that's about it. But maybe that's the point... machismo and guns.

With a budget of 10 billion won, Invincible will start shooting in January for what looks like a pre-World Cup release. The film takes the blueprint of the 1986 original, and adapts it to a Korean setting by featuring North Korean defectors who infiltrate into the underworld.

[OSEN] [아시아경제]

Song Seung-Heon is confirmed for Chow Yun-Fat's role, and the other three main characters will be played by interesting choices: Joo Jin-Mo, last seen on the big screen playing Goryeo's King Gongmin in 쌍화점 (Frozen Flower), will play Ti Lung's role, while Kim Gang-Woo of 태풍태양 (The Aggressives) and 마린보이 (Marine Boy) will essay Leslie Cheung's role. Waise Lee's role will go to Jo Han-Seon.

This is awful. Classics like A Better Tomorrow should be left alone! I wish Kim Kang-woo hadn't taken on this role, even though he's a fine actor. And Song Seung-heon can't act! How ridiculous is it that he's taking on a character popularised by Chow Yun-Fat?

Guest edenlove

Going by "Anti-xxx Law":

Yes, the Korea and Japan investors are silly to throw away billions of dollars. The Korea film makers are crazy to do this remake and even thinking of releasing in other parts of Asia. Finally, the director, staff and actors who are casted in this remake all made a ridiculous choice to start this whole project. In addition, so-and-so should go back to acting classes as they can't act.<_<

Dear 2uss... you can consider deleting your posts because they really looked silly here.

But Soompi and KKW's thread is still a friendly place since we're guided by forum rules. :lol:

Korean Dramas & Movies Forum Rules

3. Do not bash actors, actresses, or other members, or post untrue information.

Bashing will not be tolerated by any means and will result in a warning. This includes but is not limited to the usage of derogatory remarks, spreading rumors, swearing, etc. Please respect each others' difference of opinions.

Archived