[info] Hollywood Bowl 2008 (korean Music Festival)

Guest khype

Guest lilyl1127

why can't they have korean music festivals at madison square garden? it's just as well known as hollywood bowl...and it's in NYC. next time, they should have one at the hollywood bowl and MSG...there are a lot of koreans in the east coast too. oh wellz~ <_<

i really hope they will have a korean music festival in NYC one day...the stars might enjoy staying in the city. ^_^

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh my, I want to buy tickets real badly...but, I want to know the artists first. Last years line-up was hella a good. And I misses a chance to see boA =[

well the artist list wont be up until later and if you dont buy the tickets now , all the good seats will be taken, but of course there are always people who will sell them later, so buy it early and if you dont like the artist , then sell it, im pretty sure someone will buy it, and yeah last year boa was here, she sang like 3 songs i think, not sure!

Guest >>M.M.T<<

^wow..man..that's cool..i wish i hd a cousin like that... :D

backstage tour sounds pretty awesome :w00t: ...if i got a chace like job-shadowing, may b i could reconsider my college major in performing or theaters.. :P

seems like i still cant find the pass yet...my chances r like 5% (?) :tears: oh man~~

well...hv fun guys...

gosh..i cant wait~

garhh~~ i still dont find the answer abt buyin tickets at Korea Times office....do we get the tickets rite away when we buy there on 21? :blink:

Guest --joyful.

^ I don't think so. They call you in March / April to go get your ticket.

If i remember correctly, BoA sang Girls on Top, Valenti, No. 1, and MOTO.

Guest squeaky

if you wait to buy tickets, then yeah, all the good ones will be out. plus, the korea times aren't that dumb to feature un-popular singers. they always usually get good ones.

wow it seems like a lot of people are going to buy the garden boxes... I was too, but none of my friends wanna go! And after reading the replies, I won't be able to get one box for myself, plus that's really lame anyways. Well, we'll see.

Oh, and....

Does anyone know how fast these tickets sell? *sighs

I was looking at air fares and they look pretty decent. I'm going to be spending like five hundred dollars if i go. But it sounds well worth it...

Guest LisaFace

So I have a little info about BoA to you BoA fans...

She actually has an up coming tour in 08

and It's going to run from May to June.

One of her concerts are scheduled on May 16 2008

So I guess that gives us almost no hope for BoA This year

which really sucks but at least I saw her last year =]

We might have a little tinsy winsy bit of hope since none of her concerts are actually on the day of the Hollywood bowl so lets all hope she makes it =[[. I wouldn't mind at all seeing her again!

lol seriously this is getting confusing.

So it means you CANNOT buy 1 or 3 tickets for the garden seat?

you Must buy 2 or 4etc... ONLY?

Yep, has to be an even body count of 2,4 or 6

if you wait to buy tickets, then yeah, all the good ones will be out. plus, the korea times aren't that dumb to feature un-popular singers. they always usually get good ones.

I agree, at first I was a little upset about the no reservations but I know for sure that I'll like a few of the artists.

Guest pandadeath

Soo, can anyone tell me how the Super Seats are? Like how far do they seem from the stage? Or where are the super seats in this picture:

gallery06oo0.th.jpg

I barely found out about the music festival last year and I missed it because nobody wanted to go with me. So I'm determined to make it this year! Especially since I missed Big Bang, Super Junior, and Epik High last year. T__T

Guest LisaFace

Soo, can anyone tell me how the Super Seats are? Like how far do they seem from the stage? Or where are the super seats in this picture:

gallery06oo0.th.jpg

I barely found out about the music festival last year and I missed it because nobody wanted to go with me. So I'm determined to make it this year! Especially since I missed Big Bang, Super Junior, and Epik High last year. T__T

The Super Seats is right behind the box seats behinds the green bush plant separator. I wouldn't say the view is totally horrible, its pretty good. Anything behind it is kinda bad.

Guest xradiostarx

gallery06oo0.th.jpg

yea the super seats are behind the bushes. which arent bad at all haha. i sat there last year and i was pretty surprised that it was still good. however if you get seats behind those... the artists would just look really small. haha my bad. i kinda forgot my seating areas :P but yea.. LisaFace is right about the seats xD sorry if anyone misunderstood x]

however there are like 2 big screens on the side of the stage so you can always look there if you want close ups :]

edited on saturday january 19 7:41 pm

Guest LisaFace

yea the super seats are behind the bushes. which arent bad at all haha. i sat there last year and i was pretty surprised that it was still good. however if you get seats behind those... the artists would just look really small. however there are like 2 big screens on the side of the stage so you can always look there if you want close ups :]

No the seats right behind the bushes are Terrace Boxes, the seats right behind Terrace Boxes middle center is the super seats. The reason they call the center part super seats is because its the only area up there with the "comfortable" seats which is why the middle 3 sections are more expensive then the ones to the left and right of them, anything to the left and right or behinds the Super Seats are all wooden benches.

Guest lovelygurl

last year i heard wilshier grand hotel like the other people said ahah. im thinking that they would stay there again because thats where they usually stay.

and about looking at the back.. haha not really i mean most of the time the artists stay on the main stage and sing and dance. although when they do go on the extended stage you might just only see their backs ahah. but i figured one bad thing about pool circle seats was that it would be very crowded haha. there are a lot of people around you trying to reach the stage and sometimes there are security gaurds always blocking your way from the artists. i think the best seats are just the garden box because its actually alreayd really close to the stage and its a really good view~ :]

oh i see..thanks fo da info!^_^

uhm. i think the tickets sell out pretty fast. me and my friends were going to get garden box last year but we couldnt cuz it was sold out. so instead we got the bench seats which were actually pretty good too. haha. and um i dont really think you would be able to touch their hands cuz it is like more than 10 feet away from the stage though ahah. unless an artist did what big bang did last year and like went on stage by going through the garden box seats and the pool circle seats then yea you might be able to~

but yea i agree. im not sure can i go this year because i dont know the list of artist yet coming.. but i dont think garden box tickets would still be on sale on march.. maybe you can try but there are also other ppl that mite be selling them on soompi also so you can always check the thread...

but omg i realized the prices kinda went up this year. i remembered that the section i sat in last year was only $50 and now its $80.. O_O and i think other secitons went up.. oh well. cant wait for the list of artist to be up soon~ :]

Guest pandadeath

Ah, thank you everyone for answering!... I think I'll aim for those seats so I won't be totally broke this year. x]

Also, one more question for now... How fast do these tickets sell? ^^

Guest mainweather

I had Super Seats last year and here is one of the pictures I took:

DSC00093.jpg

Gah! I wish I can go. T-T But I don't think I can since my father would think it's a waste to fly all the way over there and watch it. XD

Guest pandadeath

I had Super Seats last year and here is one of the pictures I took:

DSC00093.jpg

Oh wow. Not terrible!... Especially for the price. :D

So did you think the seats were worth it?

Archived