[info] Hollywood Bowl 2008 (korean Music Festival)

Guest khype

888d6f83.jpg

here is another image of how the HB layout is like.. like she said artists tend to spend quite a bit of time on the extended stage. on this image.. you can see that pool circle is divided into 3 sections..

4066c3a4.jpg

the center section is actually where the walkway to the extended stage will be.

3ff6171b.jpg

as you can see in the image the extended stage sits right in front of the center garden seats

@ love*beat

1. usually they have a HB ticket selling thread where you can sell your ticket there.. dont worry if the setlist is as amazing as last year you wont have trouble selling it

another way is posting it in your signature that you have a ticket for sale so whenever you post everyone will see you have a ticket for sale

2. you can buy the garden box tickets for sale they break down all the seating arrangements on the kmf site.. but to garauntee the best garden seats.. i would suggest you call in and request them.. thats what my friends did last year

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 5613love

just wondering, is it easier to try to coordinate and buy a garden box with other people or is it easier to just buy a whole one and then worry about selling the extra seats?

how easy is it to sell the tickets after you already bought them?

Guest oubliette

just wondering, is it easier to try to coordinate and buy a garden box with other people or is it easier to just buy a whole one and then worry about selling the extra seats?

well I know last year, 2 of my friends bought a garden box and ended up selling the other 2 seats. it's not hard to sell garden box seats because they are so good. however, it was literally a RAT RACE and they were so bombarded by offers and stuff that they just got sick of it to the end, lol. And then you also have to think about your personal conscience @_@ would you feel right selling an originally $175 ticket to people offering you $300+ for it? Idk. isn't that illegal anyways? haha.

I personally think that it's more convenient and less of a hassle to figure these things out before you buy the tickets :\ that's why I'm trying to buy a garden box with other people this year -- preferably with at least 1 other person in SoCal so that ticket pickup is not an issue. let me know if you are interested =]

Guest l0vel0vek0rean

Okay lol I'm going to ask like the most stupid question here, so for Terrace Boxes, do we have to buy them in even numbers, just like the Garden Boxes?

So if like the seats for Garden is $150 (price for last year), it means that we need to get 4 people AND pay $600 in total right? So it's like $150 for each person?

Hahah I'm basically asking this because I don't get how the boxes work~XD

Guest 5613love

well I know last year, 2 of my friends bought a garden box and ended up selling the other 2 seats. it's not hard to sell garden box seats because they are so good. however, it was literally a RAT RACE and they were so bombarded by offers and stuff that they just got sick of it to the end, lol. And then you also have to think about your personal conscience @_@ would you feel right selling an originally $175 ticket to people offering you $300+ for it? Idk. isn't that illegal anyways? haha.

I personally think that it's more convenient and less of a hassle to figure these things out before you buy the tickets :\ that's why I'm trying to buy a garden box with other people this year -- preferably with at least 1 other person in SoCal so that ticket pickup is not an issue. let me know if you are interested =]

oh thanks! i would still sell them for whatever i paid, so its okay.

and i live in norcal, so i cant really help you with that. sorry~

when the information comes out about when they will be selling the tickets, will someone post it here? or is there somewhere else i should be checking?

Okay lol I'm going to ask like the most stupid question here, so for Terrace Boxes, do we have to buy them in even numbers, just like the Garden Boxes?

So if like the seats for Garden is $150 (price for last year), it means that we need to get 4 people AND pay $600 in total right? So it's like $150 for each person?

Hahah I'm basically asking this because I don't get how the boxes work~XD

um last year i had terrace seats and i only needed 2 but the koera times lady made us buy all 4 so i ended up paying like $500~600 and sell 3 tickets here on soompi

Guest l0vel0vek0rean

um last year i had terrace seats and i only needed 2 but the koera times lady made us buy all 4 so i ended up paying like $500~600 and sell 3 tickets here on soompi

Okay got it, thanks!!!! =)

I seriously don't like the idea of paying without knowing who's going to be there~lol

I hope that they would lower the prices due to the economic crisis we're in right now! lmao (like that would ever happen) :rolleyes:

Guest ohhlalakelly

does anybody know if theyre going to sell the tickets after or before they release the artists list?

Tickets are always sold before the artist list is released.

Guest oh`retro

tazanya

Thanks for the review.

Yeah, I asked earlier if pool seats were better than garden seats or vice versa.

Because I heard there was an extended stage & I wanted to know if we had to turn around in pool seats.

Which do you guys recommend?

Pool or garden?

And can you touch the artists' hands in garden?

Guest j3ssicas

888d6f83.jpg

here is another image of how the HB layout is like.. like she said artists tend to spend quite a bit of time on the extended stage. on this image.. you can see that pool circle is divided into 3 sections..

4066c3a4.jpg

the center section is actually where the walkway to the extended stage will be.

3ff6171b.jpg

as you can see in the image the extended stage sits right in front of the center garden seats

@ love*beat

1. usually they have a HB ticket selling thread where you can sell your ticket there.. dont worry if the setlist is as amazing as last year you wont have trouble selling it

another way is posting it in your signature that you have a ticket for sale so whenever you post everyone will see you have a ticket for sale

2. you can buy the garden box tickets for sale they break down all the seating arrangements on the kmf site.. but to garauntee the best garden seats.. i would suggest you call in and request them.. thats what my friends did last year

so when you buy garden boxes, do you just tell them how many you want?

and if i want let's say the ones in front of the extended stage how do i tell them that? by seat number or what?

this is all very confusing.

Guest 5613love

^It's 600.

And I ordered mine online, I DID NOT need to buy 4. I forgot wether I needed to buy 2 or not, but I needed to buy 2 anyway so I forgot wether I could just buy 1.

did you order them like instantly the day they went up for sale? (i want to know how hard it is to get good garden box seats)

Guest tazanya

^ Thank you for your advice! (: It was EXTREMELY helpful~! :D

Can you also answer some of my questons? :sweatingbullets:

1. If you do end up having to sell your ticket, how would you go about doing that?

(I don't have experience selling on soompi)

2. And did you buy the garden box tickets online also? Was it difficult getting that ticket?

No problem!.

Soompi and Khype offer ticket selling opportunities. Once the date etc becomes official both sites will have threads dedicated to ticket selling/exchange etc. As the show draws nearer there are people who thought they could go but can't selling tix. there were a good amount of tickets available up until the last couple days before the show.

The garden box tix I did not get online in the early days of ticket sales korea times won't let you buy single seat garden or terrace tickets... you have to buy them in groups of 4 or 6 in the beginning unless you call on the phone (I could be wrong about this I just recall trying to get garden tix online and not being able to get just one...not sure if I had tried to get two whether that would have worked?).

Hope this helps.

edit: It seems like different people had different experiences in buying their tix last year. Thanks everyone for giving their stories on how you got tickets. Did anyone actually go to the korea times offices the day of the tix went on sale? I am wondering if you can have better luck picking out the seats you want if you do that...hmmm

Guest Seoul Survivor

5613Love, there are a lot of people who want seats. They sell the tix before they list the artists, so once the list comes out, everybody wants to get in. BUT you are at the mercy of someone being honest. YOU've paid for the seats, they haven't. We (my wife and I) have a young Soompi member, who has always been very responsible, and ALWAYS makes sure both our open seats have someone in them, so we don't take a loss. So she get's #1 priority with us. (KIM, this is YOU!!) We only sell our seats for what they cost. I don't use the concert for making money. It is too wonderful of an experience for that.

BTW we used to live in San Mateo, and Pleasant Hill before moving to Long Beach.

//Seoul

Guest ashleyx

to people who went to HB before:

is it better to get first row garden box seats

or just pool circle in general?

plus whats the best place to be for pool circle because of

the extended stage and all of that

Guest asherlee

if you look at their Japanese tour, they have may 9th already set for a tour date. i hope its not on may 9th. cause i reallllyyy~ want the gods to come :D

hahah I REALLY want them to come too. but does it matter when it is in May then? Doesnt DBSK have concerts throughout May and June???

Guest chungmah.

I'm curious to see who is sponsoring the event T___T;;

It sucks that I'm all the way here in Canada and I have to fly over to LA.

My parents said alone it's 1000 dollars for a plane ticket. Then booking the hotels and getting tickets for the ACTUAL concert.

gahhh - terribly wanting to go here.

is it possible to get tickets on ticketmaster.com?

is it possible to get tickets on ticketmaster.com?

they dont sell tickets at ticketmaster.com, its either by phone or koreanmusicfestival website. ticket season should be starting soon so ill tell you guys my experience. last year i got first row of pool circle tickets. on the day they started selling, my mom was on the phone trying to call and i was online trying to purchase and i got it online (: so its pretty hectic, but the seats were pretty great. i didnt touch any artists hand bcus im wasnt all crazy and loud. but the fact that they were right in my face was greatt :D and im sure some of them waved at me (: but this year i would want garden box seats bcus last yr was so crazy when dbsk came out. garden box will give me some privacy instead of being trampled by crazy fans.

Archived