Song Hye Kyo 송혜교 Hyebaragi ~Upcoming Movie 2024: Dark Nuns /Special Appearance Drama 2024: Everything Will Come True

Peachypie

freshspring, the report is out already  :(( :(( :((

Source : 1

she with so busy schedules, i'm sure has assigned someone to do it..... i believe the person or organisation has not done a good job to look into her financials.

ms park any comment ?  :)>-

Kyo please be strong..... we love you!

MPL fighting !

edit : nozaroc, i'm puzzled too.... it has already being paid though late.... what is their problem actually :-?? :-??

Suspicious!! ...granted that it's true, IRS simply disallowed expenses claimed due to lack of supporting documents ergo her tax payment is adjusted plus interest payment...in which she already settled as per report...so what then is the problem?  :-?

Guest jaeinmae

.......i was wondering, why are there some people  who don't want Miss SHK to be happy? why? is it envy? jealousy because of her career? she worked her a#$ off, travelling from one place to another,rain or shine in the midst of shooting without complain,  having photoshoot here and there......what and where she is today, is because of her hardwork and dedication......as for her beauty, well it's  natural, she was born with it, it's not her fault so don't blame it on her......her personal life, well, if you think the glow in her is because of that, then get a lovelife too and be happy......     i think am now beginning to see the scenario, they are targeting the movie because......... i have to restraint myself now......i have so much to say but i think i have to stop now......my friend says about the tax evasion, rest assured, not to worry, everything will clear up, just wait for the announcement, the "handsome dude" with the battery of lawyers behind him are looking into it.....    Envy, really, is a deadly sin......

(alpha-busan2010)

my fingers are trembling, shaking while typing...... and our chief kim can't sleep :D :D

really hope to have a gist of that article.

edit : i understand dearie...... becos of her we unite, know each other, have fun..... this thing is really bothering, try to google the article, but instead had a major headache.... seems that her tax agent negligence ? and going forward she will put more effort to it.

Just keep a thought that We always stand by her no matter what happens will makes you in peace.
@xyzebra, I also believe there is something that is behind always try to put down our Kyo and this is the chance for that Or they try to conceal bad things by using Kyo as a barre.

Guest Maye May

It said that SHk already paid the taxes and surchages before any legal proccedings to the investigation continued and it was the accounting firm's fault of not settling the paperworks and other needed documents that were to be submitted but the agency is still apologetic coz they are the taxpayer and should have known better the responsibilities as taxpayer. They only found out on aug 2012 that the accounting firm was being investigated for tax evasion, they then paid the taxes and changed accounting firm.they are very apologetic for knowing about it late because they were busy. "We know that even though the taxpayer is ultimately responsible, we delegated any duties and appoint a tax representative to see through it. 6. We apologize for not paying a word of caution regarding the tax and get the attention of the public as an actress. 7.SHK understood the additional tax and penalties all had been paid through a tax investigation two years ago, and in deep reflection about the incorrect tax treatment stems from ignorance, we are now paying special attention to avoid this kind of thing happening again in the future please. 8. I apologize once again, bow our heads down"

Guest xyzebra

@utkim, thank you for the link to SHK's lawyer's official statement. I confess that my Korean is very very poor. :( And yet because I am impatient for more information, I read through the google translation and the original article several times to get a rouge idea of the statement. I apologize in advance if my interpretation of the already terrible google translation is completely off...the face of the earth...
TLDR: SHK was not actively seeking to evade tax. Her accounting firm and accountants were at fault. Lawyer will seek legal action against said accounting firm due to SHK's subsequently damaged image. 
Long version: Keep in mind that I am only taking out what I think are important parts. I skipped over the specifics of the tax errors because I proclaim my ignorance and hope someone more able will translate those technical parts.  
Basically, it seems like Song was not personally aware of the accounting errors until the NTS notified her/her lawyer of the discrepancies in income reporting. The lawyer specifically states that SHK & co. fired the tax agents responsible for the error and switched accounting firms once these mistakes were brought to light in order to avoid future complications and additional errors. He goes on to say that SHK & Co. will take legal action against the accounting firms and accountants who made these errors since their negligent behavior puts SHK's reputation at risk, as many would assume SHK is responsible for her accountant's work. The lawyer ends with an apology for not being vigilante enough with the accounting practices of the firm and asks for public understanding. 

Song Hye Kyo revealed

to be the top star

investigated for tax

evasion + issues

apology

The top star actress who had been caught by

the National Tax Service for not paying her

due taxes (totaling up to 2.557 billion KRW <

$2.5 million USD>) for 3 years starting in

2009, has been revealed to be Song Hye Kyo.

SEE ALSO: Top star 'S' revealed to have

been investigated by the National Tax

Service for tax evasion

As mentioned before, according to the

National Tax Service and the Board of Audit

and Inspection, when she reported her taxes,

from 2009 to 2011, she claimed a total of

5.953 billion KRW (approximately $5.8 million

USD) as necessary expenses from her income.

However, 92.3% of that 5.953 billion KRW did

not have proper documentation to prove her

claims.

Officials say that she under-reported 785

million KRW in 2009 ($770,000 USD), 818

million KRW in 2010 ($803,000 USD), and 954

million USD ($937,000 USD) 2011 for a total

of 2.557 billion KRW under-reported.

After the investigation, Song Hye Kyo later

submitted the taxes she owed. In addition to

the actress, the National Tax Service also

demanded the disciplinary action of the 2 tax

accountants that filed taxes for her because

they allowed her to break tax laws.

In response to the matter, Song Hye Kyo's law

firm and her reps released a statement to go

into the specifics of the numbers and also

reveal that the actress is ultimately not

responsible as she had just left her previous

accountants (who are no longer working for

her) in charge and so she did not know this

was going on.

They also apologized on her behalf, writing,

"The tax accounting firms 'T' and 'P' that

did not do a proper job of overlooking

their emplyees' work have already been

reported to the disciplinary committee of

tax attorneys, and the accountants who

were managing Song Hye Kyo's finances

have been fired. We are looking into taking

legal action against the accountants and

their affiliated firms.

We also know that even though we had

delegated the task to an accountant, the

ultimate responsibility lies on the taxpayer

herself.

She apologizes that she did not pay more

caution towards tax matters as an actress

who is in the eye of the public.

Although she has paid in full the amount

that she owed ago after the investigation,

Song Hye Kyo is deeply reflecting about

how her taxes her mishandled. We ask you

for your understanding as she will do her

best so that this type of situation does not

occur again.

We once again bow our heads and

apologize."

Now is the best time for us kyonatics to be unified,to be there at her side now more than ever.If indeed this rumor is true,I'm sure it's not unnie's fault but somebody else's responsibility.She's so busy filming, she might assign someone to do this on her behalf but maybe because of too much trust she never check if her taxes were paid on time or not. I'm sure ms.park will take care of her and unnie will pay whatever left unpaid.

To all non kyonatics,please be more understanding to our unnie,we are not telling you to like her because we respect other's prerogative but please just be more considerate to her esp.now. We will be here for her no matter what happens.

Unnie,stay strong,all kyonatics are in full support of you. I'll pray for you that you surpass this trials.Whether it's true or not, our love for you will always linger. Many people loves you,your true friends and loyal kyonatics will never abandon you.

May God Bless Us All Even More.

Guest xyzebra

@msriz, I agree with you. 
I read the Netizenbuzz article as well as the comments that followed. The article, which provides no additional detail to the actual story, is meant to bait negative comments and more clicks from readers who think they know everything from just reading K-netizens' opinions and don't bother to do further research before forming an opinion. 
Responsibility of the press really means nothing when monetization from sensationalism is on the line. Anyone who only sees that Netizenbuzz's article title and the translated K-netizen comments would JUMP to the conclusion that SHK is taking FULL responsibility BECAUSE she intentionally evaded taxes...which is a growing public sentiment despite clear evidence to the contrary. And since SHK hardly ever has any negative press coverage, this news provides the chance for both I-netizens and K-netizens to bash her character and personal life even though neither of these two topics are relevant to the discussion...
I am disappoint...in those who actually choose to exercise their very human desire to pull others down, an action eloquently explained by Do Min Joon as: A person's mentality is like that. When you see someone who's in a better place than yourself, it's not that you have the thought saying "I want to be there too." It's the thought that says, " You should come down to the trenches I'm stuck in."
Sigh. 

Hi dearies. Good to post here after a long time. Im on a year long sabbatical due to personal reasons but iv been checking the thread every now n then. And im saddened to here about the tax news. Needless to say il always support our girl. So im posting here to express my solidarity with you all. I really dont think its our girl's fault like they say. She must fire her irresponsible accountants as soon as possible. Im worried about the negative influence it will create for her movie n i shall pray that she comes out of this pretty soon. Miss her n miss you all. Song hye kyo fighting !!