Kim So Yeon 김소연

larus

I haven't watched the drama since week 2 but i plan to catch up at some point : D

As a fan i am just happy for her (and Lee Ji Ah) that the drama is doing so well. They even broke 20% this week. I hope that will give her other opportunities in the future.

Her Running Man appearance was fun as well and seems to be well recieved.

And god i love the recent pictorial. I wished they would have used that style for her character in the drama. (I am not a fan of her makeup in the drama)

But this would be just great and also fit the villain role.

498ace0dc57063cc3c4c486e11e03e747176e6e8

92d0be3e5f24f0af821023730a08adb12a2fc44e

50eb262a213d037aaec89dfbe58a99e172023c4d

0e981746cd3784e22c0f86917064db5b466260aa

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Fabbo said:

I haven't watched the drama since week 2 but i plan to catch up at some point : D

As a fan i am just happy for her (and Lee Ji Ah) that the drama is doing so well. They even broke 20% this week. I hope that will give her other opportunities in the future.

Her Running Man appearance was fun as well and seems to be well recieved.

Hi, @Fabbo! I am glad that you`ve visited this thread! :wub:

I agree that her Running Man appearance was funny and she received a good feedback. I am glad that people who watched her for the first time in Penthouse, discovered the real person behind a character. I don`t understand how people could have imagined that an actress who plays the villans is not nice but let say it was a compliment of her acting. It was an impact to see how different she is from the character she plays.  It helped that she appeared in other reality shows/ variety programs and many people already have known already how So Yeon is in real life. This time her villainess role had other impact than her previous evil role. People don`t accuse her anymore that she pretends to be nice.

About Penthouse. I already said how I feel/ believe about this drama. I am glad that she is succesful in this role and I hope she will get more oportunities for good projects/roles in the future. I also think that she fits the character.

I am alright with her make up in this drama. It fits with her role and tone of the drama. It is not a secret that I hate this drama. I think it is the only drama of So yeon that I totally hate. It is utterly ridiculous. I read that people enjoy it (some of them like the genre, others who don`t like the genre say that they can like it because they can shut the brain off and laugh . Sorry, I could not do that. The cheap plot and the lack of character development, the screaming and over the top situations and acting (it is not the fault of the actors) is a turning off for me. I pray So yeon won`t appear in a drama like this anymore.

I might be the only fan of So yeon who doesn`t like this drama. :D It is alright. I vent a little from time to time. I don`t mind if people will have a totally different view.

It was nice to read your thoughts.

The cheap plot and the lack of character development, the screaming and over the top situations and acting (it is not the fault of the actors) is a turning off for me. I pray So yeon won`t appear in a drama like this anymore.

I might be the only fan of So yeon who doesn`t like this drama. :D It is alright. I vent a little from time to time. I don`t mind if people will have a totally different view.

I totally agreed with you. I afraid So-yeon might cast her image as a seductive woman(Sex symbol)

I really missed her role as Kang Mi-ri, Bong Hae-ryung, Kim Soon-jung & Shin Joo-yeon.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MAHJONG KING said:

I totally agreed with you. I afraid So-yeon might cast her image as a seductive woman(Sex symbol)

I really missed her role as Kang Mi-ri, Bong Hae-ryung, Kim Soon-jung & Shin Joo-yeon.

I don`t think people will asociate her image with a sex symbol but I do believe that she should chose a different genre or similar character for her next project. I see often actors cast in similar roles. I remeber that So yeon after Iris received many offers similar with her previous role. They tend to offer similar roles/ genre. She avoided the typecast so far. I hope Kim Sun Ok won`t give So yeon another role offer in one of her future dramas. I see that she tends to use the same actors in her dramas. Fingers crossed that won`t happen. I don`t care if it is a heroine or an antagonist. I hate her dramas in all aspects.

What is doing Cheon Seo Jin in Penthouse, season 1? She is kissing someone in every episode, she slaps or yells at someone in every episode and sometime cheat a school exam for her daughter and drives her crazy. (A funny contest: Guess in which episode she will not kiss or be kissed? :DThis is the great villainess they promised us? I don`t have a good impression on other characters either. 

Why is Seo jin so scared to see a ring? It is an exagerated reaction. They wanted the audience to believe that she killed Seol ah?  It is a red herring to pass the time. It is a cheap trick. Make the character say half the phrase to confuse the audience! The big secret Dan Tae and Seo Jin wanted to keep was revealed anyway (almost everyone knows they cheated) but she trembles  in fear to not be discovered what they did (locked her up). Really? Now I will be pised of if Seo Jin did not kill Seol Ah because they made her a weak wreck for nothing.:w00t:  I don`t even imagine what she will do in season 2 or 3.

BTW, it was anounced that the script reading for season 2 will take place on December 13.

A caricature of Seo Jin

https://www.instagram.com/p/CIp0WSBgzHI/

• Like 1

Looking that the list of the people involved in the script reading, generally most of the main cast names are there.

To concluded that this season 1......we will not be able to know who kill Min Seol-A.

I wouldn't be surprise that they are going to name season 2.....Penthouse: Who kill Min Seol-A. 

• LOL 1

11 hours ago, larus said:

What is doing Cheon Seo Jin in Penthouse, season 1? She is kissing someone in every episode, she slaps or yells at someone in every episode and sometime cheat a school exam for her daughter and drives her crazy. (A funny contest: Guess in which episode she will not kiss or be kissed? :D)

Worst of all, Seo Jin looks very desperate to kiss since begining till now. why ? Make herself and her role looks very cheap.

16 hours ago, MAHJONG KING said:

I wouldn't be surprise that they are going to name season 2.....Penthouse: Who kill Min Seol-A. 

But it could have been the first season`s motto too.  And I am not even interested who killed the girl. The writer made this irelevant for me.  If it will be the crazy maid I won`t be surprised. :D

I think the next two season`s motto will be:

Season 2: Who really killed Seol Ah

Season 3: The downfall of Seol Ah`s real killer

I think they will reveal who did it at the end of season 1. I mean Oh Yoon hee will remember who saw that night but she won`t tell right away. We know who did it but Shim Su Ryun and Logan Lee won`t know. Why? Because they need more seasons. Why they need three seasons for this plot? :phew:

Watching/ searching for the So yeon`s scenes I saw some random scenes or pictures. I already have an idea what is going on without watching the whole drama. Yes, I could be wrong but it doesn`t matter. I don`t think I am far from the truth.

Logan Lee is suspecting the wrong people with so weak reasons. First Su Ryun, then Yoon hee. By the end of season 3 he will put the picture of the real killer on his whiteboard. :w00t:

Another scene I catched a little (I did not finish the whole scene because it was so weak writing). Logan Lee (from the past, I guess, because he was not blond)was asking his parents why they framed Seol Ah stealing an expensive necklace. His parents`s reason is unbelievable. It is so weak. I have to believe that such rich people will be scared that an orphan girl will mess up their son`s inheritance? It is the same type of scene I saw in another drama of Kim Sun ok (when I wanted to know how it is her dramas) that made me dislike her writing. Weak reasons for the single purpose to make the evil characters be hated and make the poor/ innocent character be pitied. The gratuitous malice for no particular reason that`s what we saw here.

16 hours ago, MAHJONG KING said:

Worst of all, Seo Jin looks very desperate to kiss since begining till now. why ? Make herself and her role looks very cheap.

But that`s the role. So Yeon is working with Kim Sun Ok`s material. The writer did not give Seo Jin many positive qualities. She is smart sometime and daring but underneath she is not that strong. She is becoming a pathetic villaness really fast now.

We can explain (or guess more exactly because they did not show it) why she had an inferior complex towards Yoon hee, the natural talented girl. She did not receive unconditional support from her parents when she was young but she worked towards pleasing her parents and their/her social position.  She did everything to surpass her rival and succeeded.  She was good, just like her daughter is now, but she could not compete with a natual gifted person, who did better even without a great effort. She worked hard and she became a succesful soprano. Seo Jin married Yoon Chul (her former boyfriend of her rival). Probably they had a good relationship at first but because the building of the relationship was not strong, all the insecurities, their differences, personalities, interests made them become estranged. The writer doesn`t show us or explain certain things.

We know that Seo Jin thought that it was love at first (when Dan Tae asked her why she married Yoon Chul) and Eun Byul said to her father that they were happy in the past. We saw Yoon Chul`s reaction when he found out about the cheating. He was extrememly hurt. Why? (Probably because that`s the tone of the drama. Over the top in everything. Or it could be somethign else). I can understand that to a certain degree but what is Yoon Chul`s really feeling towards Seo jin? There are a lot of frustration, hate, disappointment but there are still some love feeling felt? It is a love- hate relationship or just hate now? We will know for sure? They will explore their family dynamic? Probably not. I don`t have expectations left that they build something worth watching with these characters.

Going back to Seo Jin. She is smart and intuitive. She knew/ felt that Dan Tae`s wife could be behind the threats. But when she guessed that Seol Ah must be Su Ryun`s real daughter, was out of nowhere. How in the word, someone will think of that? Why writer, why? But they are living in a soap opera land so the writer thought that is is so normal to think about this without any evidence.

Seo Jin masked her insecurities in the Diva Seo jin, but underneed she wants to be loved and apreciated. How a person who was meek and soft became a person who is never satisfied,  so obssesed with making her daughter succesful? Step by step.

Unmet needs at certain times in life leave mental sequelae that influence our lives, even today. Aparently, Seo Jin has everything now. She is beautiful, rich, famous, has a succesful career, she has a daughter, a doctor husband. But she wants more and more because her relational needs were not met at an optimal level.  She is herself worst enemy. She is the type of vulnerable narcissist. It became a personality disorder for her.  These types of people tend to be passive-aggressive, resentful and emotionally unstable and they became this way because of the emotional abuse or neglect from the childhood. What she is doing with her daughter is almost what happened with her but this time she is doing worst for her daughter. At least she was mentally stronger than Eun Byul. Her daughter will loose her mind not have just a personality disorder. I feel sorry for Eun Byul. Perhaps it is too late for Seo Jin (she doesn`t have anyone in her corner, to love her unconditional) but Eun Byul still have her father. So far, Yoon Byul is portrayed as an useless man and I doubt that he will do the right thing for his daughter.

Why Seo Jin is desperatly to be kissed and why she asked Dan Tae to show her that he loves her right away? Because she felt very insecured at that party. She felt like she lost her gound. She needed a confirmation of Dan tae`s feelings. And because we guessed her personality type, the scene makes sense. 

She was so genuine happy to receive flowers and a gift from her lover. (the gif above)  She was genuinly surprised and felt nice when her husband wanted to rekindle their relationship (when he invited her to a dinner in town), she made a choice when Dan tae said the she loved her. 

Cheon Seo Jin is not the strong villainess I wanted her to be but I can take this narative if that`s the writer`s choice. Too bad I dislike so much this genre/ the plot, the writing.

Thinking about it, the writer paid attention to Seo Jin a little more than other characters. We saw why she is so stressed out, we saw her family, her motives. It is more than what the writer did with Dan Tae, for exemple. Perhaps we`ll seeSeo Jin doing more in the future. We know that her world will crack and it will be an oportunity to see how she will do from here. If the writer will make her go more crazy and want just to scare/hurt the heroine, to pass time while we find out who killed Seol Ah,  then she will be an useless lead character.

• Like 1

'Penthouse' Kim So-yeon x Yoon Jong-hoon, a couple in crisis going to a catastrophe...

RWXDMOFWTZCT66JXNBPTG2NKXI.jpg

SBS'Penthouse' Kim So-yeon and Yoon Jong-hoon face each other at risk, and the scene of the'violent confrontation' was revealed.

Most of all, in the last episode, Ha Yoon-cheol (Yoon Jong-hoon) asked for a divorce from Cheon Seo-jin after learning about the secret meeting between his wife, Cheon Seo-jin (Kim So-yeon) and Ju Dan-tae (Um Ki-jun). However, in order to protect the position of the chairman, Cheon Seo-jin stopped Ha Yun-cheol from a medical accident and confronted it with the attitude of "Divorce is never allowed until I want to." Ha Yoon-cheol also secretly witnessed a kiss between Cheon Seo-jin and Joo Dan-tae at the Hera Palace party, angered, and toward Cheon Seo-jin, "I changed my mind. You live unfortunately as my wife and die", raising the tension.

In this regard, the scene of the'Ruby Ring Confrontation' where Kim So-yeon and Yoon Jong-hoon, who are fighting a bloody war each time, have been faced again has been released and is robbing the eyes. The scene in which the conflict between Seojin Cheon and Yooncheol Ha reignites. Cheon Seo-jin looks at Ha Yun-cheol with a cold look and eyes that cannot be found with warmth, and Ha Yoon-cheol also expresses anger with his eyes open toward Cheon Seo-jin. Moreover, the reason why Seojin Cheon and Yooncheol Ha unfolded a confrontation, while the ruby ring that made Sim Su-ryun (Lee Ji-ah) convinced that he was the culprit who killed Min Seol-ah (Jo Su-min), was held in Ha Yoon-cheol's hand this time.  What is it, and the story of Ha Yoon-cheol wearing a ruby ring is raising questions. On the other hand, Kim So-yeon and Yoon Jong-hoon expressly realistically express a precarious couple headed for a catastrophe, and exude fantastic acting synergy, and are gaining favorable reviews from viewers. At the filming site of the'Intense Confrontation' that took place on this day, Kim So-yeon and Yoon Jong-hoon also bought an example of the scene by analyzing, researching, and practicing repeatedly without missing a single line or gesture. In this filming, the strong performance of the two people who made use of detailed expressive power, which originated from their excellent performance skills, attracted admiration. Expectations are rising in the future of the two who are giving unpredictable tension amid the ``penthouse,'' which is gradually approaching its peak.

The production crew said, "Kim So-yeon and Yoon Jong-hoon are making the scene goose bumps at once with the intense hot acting that gets stuck in the mind."

https://www.chosun.com/entertainments/entertain_photo/2020/12/13/WELXLKCAMHFR3XS7M3OMBU4VGA/

Of course, more yelling.

I am glad that Seo Jin confronts Yoon Chul about the flowers and the ring because it is not normal to not to that, to let it go. She should found out that he is not the one who send the fake gift unless he is lying that he sent it.

• Like 1

Yoon Jong Hoon Confronts Kim So Yeon About Ruby Ring Linked To Murder On “The Penthouse”

b6cad2f965a943dfa7b9e6aab7be18f5.jpeg?s=

Dec 13, 2020
by E. Cha

Get ready for even more conflict between Kim So Yeon and Yoon Jong Hoon on “The Penthouse”!

Spoilers

Previously on the hit SBS drama, which recently soared past the 20 percent mark to achieve its highest viewership ratings yet for its latest episode, the tension between unhappy spouses Cheon Seo Jin (played by Kim So Yeon) and Ha Yoon Cheol (played by Yoon Jong Hoon) finally erupted.

When Ha Yoon Cheol learned that his wife was having an affair with Joo Dan Te (played by Uhm Ki Joon), he attempted to leave her and declared that he would be getting a divorce. But after Cheon Seo Jin used her power to cover up a grave medical error made by Ha Yoon Cheol during surgery and prevent him from being fired, she unapologetically warned her husband that he would never be able to divorce her unless she wanted it.

On the latest episode of “The Penthouse,” however, things took an unexpected turn when Joo Dan Te and the drunk Cheon Seo Jin furtively kissed outside a Hera Palace party. Unable to control his rage, Ha Yoon Cheol attacked Joo Dan Te on his way back inside, and the two men ended up in a violent fist fight. Afterwards, Ha Yoon Cheol shocked Cheon Seo Jin by angrily telling her that he had changed his mind and no longer wanted a divorce after all.

“I’ve changed my mind,” he told her. “I won’t divorce you until you die. I don’t care if you see other men. In return, live unhappily as my wife for the rest of your life, and then die.”

In newly released stills from the drama, the unhappy couple faces off yet again as Ha Yoon Cheol confronts Cheon Seo Jin over the ruby ring that links her to Min Seol Ah’s unsolved murder. On the previous episode of “The Penthouse,” the ring was what made Shim Soo Ryeon (played by Lee Ji Ah) convinced that Cheon Seo Jin was the culprit behind Min Seol Ah’s death, raising the question of how it has fallen into Ha Yoon Cheol’s hands and what has led to this latest tense standoff between the spouses.

Yoon-Jong-Hoon-Kim-So-Yeon-2.jpg

Spoiler

Kim-So-Yeon1.jpg

Kim-So-Yeon-21.jpg

The producers of “The Penthouse” praised Kim So Yeon and Yoon Jong Hoon’s acting and chemistry, remarking, “With just one breath, Kim So Yeon and Yoon Jong Hoon give everyone on set goosebumps with their powerful and passionate acting, which imprints itself on the brain. Please keep an eye on the story of Cheon Seo Jin and Ha Yoon Cheol, which will highlight the explosive synergy between the two actors.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1443331wpp/yoon-jong-hoon-confronts-kim-so-yeon-about-ruby-ring-linked-to-murder-on-the-penthouse

• Like 1

Kim SoYeon Profile: Actress From "IRIS" To "The Penthouse: War In Life"

Song Hyun Dec 7, 2020

Kim-SeonHo-Profile01-680x384.png

Kim SoYeon is a Korean actress. She was a teen star.

She made her debut in the drama "Dinosaur Teacher" that aired in 1994. Since then, she has gained popularity by playing diverse characters in several dramas and sitcoms.
Her 90's masterpiece is the sitcom "Soonpoong Clinic", which aired in 1998.
Since then, she has appeared in "All About Eve" aired in 2000 and went on to stardom, but she will go through little dark ages in the mid-2000s.
After that, she appeared in the drama "IRIS" and succeeded in recovering.

The dramas she appeared in include such as "Mothers and Sisters" (2000), "Sunshine" (2001), "IRIS" (2009), "Prosecutor Princess" (2010), "The Great Seer" (2012), "I Need Romance 3" (2014), "Falling for Innocence" (2015), "Happy Home" (2016), "Mother of Mine" (2019), and "The Penthouse: War in Life" ( 2020).

She married actor Lee SangWoo, with who she acted in the 2016 drama "Happy Home".

Check out her filmography.

Spoiler

Drama:

1994 - Dinosaur Teacher (Minor Role)

- Daughters of a Rich Family (Minor Role)

1995 - Drama Game "Min-woo vs. Min-woo" (Minor Role)

- Drama Game "Their Summer" (Minor Role)

1996 - Drama Game "Come Back Home" (Minor Role)

- You Can't Stop Mom (Minor Role)

- Reporting for Duty (Minor Role)

- City Men and Women (Minor Role)

- You Can't Stop Mom (Minor Role)

- Open Your Heart (Minor Role)

- Seven Spoons (Minor Role)

1997 - Yesterday (Minor Role)

- Because I Really (Minor Role)

- Guys & Girls (Minor Role)

1998 - Soonpoong Clinic (Minor Role)

- I Love You I Love You (Minor Role)

- Winners (Minor Role)

- Sunday Best "Pickpocket by Name" (Minor Role)

1999 - The Song Of Hope (Minor Role)

- Kwangki (Minor Role)

2000 - All About Eve (Major Role)

- Mothers and Sisters (Major Role)

2002 - Sunshine (Major Role)

- Trio (Major Role)

2004 - New Human Market (Major Role)

2005 - Autumn Shower (Major Role)

2008 - Gourmet (Major Role)

2009 - IRIS (Major Role)

2010 - Prosecutor Princess (Major Role)

- Dr. Champ (Major Role)

2011 - Athena: Goddess of War (Cameo Appearance)

2012 - The Great Seer (Major Role)

2013 - IRIS 2 (Cameo Appearance)

- Two Weeks (Major Role)

2014 - I Need Romance 3 (Major Role)

2015 - Falling for Innocence (Major Role)

- High-end Crush (Cameo Appearance)

2016 - One More Happy Ending (Cameo Appearance)

- Happy Home (Major Role)

2017 - Borg Mom (Cameo Appearance)

- 20th Century Boy and Girl

2018 - Secret Mother (Major Role)

2019 - Mother of Mine (Major Role)

2020 - The Penthouse: War in Life (Major Role)

2021 - The Penthouse: War in Life 2 (Major Role)

Movie:

1997 - Change (Major Role)

2005 - Seven Swords (Minor Role)

2007 - The Pictures (Major Role)

2010 - IRIS: The Movie (Minor Role)

2012 - Gabi (Major Role)

2013 - IRIS 2: The Movie (Cameo Appearance)

Music Video:

Lee JiHoon - Way is the sky

Jung JaeWook - A Foolish Separation

Sa Joon - Memories

KCM - Classic, Diary day, Heart fluttering

more

https://www.kpopmap.com/kim-soyeon-profile-actress-from-iris-to-the-penthouse-war-in-life/

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, MAHJONG KING said:

Are they serious when the whole country badly hit by Covid-19 ? Is the government doing to do anything to control this pandemic or promoting the spread of Covid ? 

It is very stressful. When an extra was confirmed positive, several dramas stopped filming. They took tests and came back negative and start working again. Not only Penthouse, but other dramas continue filming while others who have an airing date in the last half of 2021, made a pause. Let`s hope everything will be alright. It is hard for everyone.

I heard that season 2 of Penthouse will air in February and season 3 in May.

It would have been better if they made this drama a 20-24 episodes and that`s it. The story doesn`t require three seasons in my opinion. They`ve started filming in March and finished shooting in November. 7- 8 months to film a drama of 21 episodes it is long. Perhaps they took extra careful measures because of Covid19, because in normal times they shot a 50 episodes drama in 8 months.

If they plan to air the second season in February, they need to start filming ASAP.

• Like 1

'Penthouse' Cheon Seo-jin and Kim So-yeon's'realistic tone'

201501171_1280.jpg

Actor Kim So-yeon's'reverse tone' is being re-examined in the SBS drama'Penthouse'. Recently, on online communities and social media, articles that Kim So-yeon left on fan cafes in the past have been posted and attracted attention. In this article, Kim So-yeon used a lot of emoticons, and was using a pure speech that was clearly different from the appearance of'Cheon Seo-jin', a remarkable ambition in'Penthouse'. '.

In the past, Kim So-yeon's personally posted post on the fan cafe contained affectionate content such as "I love you~~~ Honghong~~^^" and "Good luck with everyone *^^*" Kim So-yeon expressed a lot of affection for fans by continuing active communication, including uploading a four-leaf clover picture she took.

In particular, the emoticon'*^^*' appeared repeatedly in the post left by Kim So-yeon, attracting attention, and netizens who saw it, "Please leave a message without'*^^*'" and "Voice is supported. When I write down what I say, it feels like that,” and “real hiking Expert Member cafe speech "such a pleasant reaction.

(Google translate)

https://news.sbs.co.kr/news/endPage.do?news_id=N1006121399