Kim So Yeon 김소연

larus

Penthouse' Kim So-yeon, the secret to acting beautifully is 'constant effort'

PS20122900101.jpg

Actor Kim So-yeon, who is active in the role of Seo-jin Cheon in'Penthouse', completed a perfect character through constant study of the script.

The behind-the-scenes still of Kim So-yeon, completing the irreplaceable Cheon Seo-jin character in SBS's Monday-Tuesday drama ‘Penthouse’ (played by Kim Soon-ok, director Joo Dong-min), which is loved by viewers of high altitude marches every day, was revealed.

In the released still, Kim So-yeon is completely familiar with the script before entering the filming. During her break time, she reads the script while continuing to study and think about acting. In addition to the drama, you can see Kim So-yeon's passion to draw delicately without missing a single line or fingerprint with her passion for her character, Cheon Seo-jin.

Kim So-yeon perfectly plays the role of the strongest villain Cheon Seo-jin in ‘Penthouse’, and is receiving great love with the baptism of the audience. In addition to intense acting, it attracts attention with gorgeous fashion and makeup that you cannot take your eyes off of. In order to improve the character's completeness, expectations are high to see how her passion, which doesn't miss every minute, will melt into the remaining drama episodes.

https://www.edaily.co.kr/news/read?newsId=01295606626003440&mediaCodeNo=258

• Like 2

I watched So yeon`s scenes in Ep 18. Not many scenes but I undertsands what`s going on.

Few thoughts

-Seo Jin`s daughter is upset that she is having an affair. I am glad that we`ll see more about family problems.

-Seo Jin and Dan tae`s relationship is ending. It is already over but it is a matter of time when it will be official. Yoon hee give Seo Jin a favor to involve herself romantically with Dan tae.

- She stills receives the incriminated video. If it will be public she will lose the position at Cheon a High School. I don`t know who is the one who sent it.  I guess we`ll find out in the second season. I get the idea that Seo Jin is very stressed by the existence of the video. She is losing her control. But I hope they will reveal soon who sent it because she will not have anything left to break. :D

- I liked the awkard tension between Seo Jin and Yoon Chul in the limousine. She asked him why he came and he told her that she was the uninvited guest. I like his interaction with Seo jin now. :D

- The punisment. I saw the preview as well. So much screaming. I laughed watching the scene. Finally I can see the hilarity in makjang, without being annoyed by the exagerated things. Whatever. I lost my interest of who killed Min seol a long time ago. Why they drag this for another 24 episodes? If the show would have ended with the bus scenes where everyone was punished it would have been alright. But from what I see this will be just a scare. Nothing was accomplished and to drag this story more it is so unnecessary.  Probably, Shim Su Ryun will be defeated by Dan Tae and we'll have another round of revenge in season 2 and 3. Geez.

- It is still a ridiculous show. The madness festival to get good ratings continues.

A few pictures of Seo Jin/ So yeon in ep 18.

2f89db049c57c65c076616ad0bffbb49b27c7ba8

49ff6fee69808597648cfedad3ce685f0f9d7731

Spoiler

5f6a8719961dafb2d3421cf72d86c06d7872cebb

ac39e73121419aa4b9def492a41301dd2de5c01b

0099cfba7b82ecce362a07b54bf647c1048f918f

Diva Seo Jin

1Wqcpc.gif

• Like 2

I found an article about today episode.

5db8248169e6766ab0a30a43369e0650676f6b76

ef8ea4c55f0c98945036e3589a01ce818b73d22e

Cheon Seo-jin held the inauguration ceremony of the chairman of the Cheong-A Foundation. The atmosphere became cluttered while the inauguration ceremony was in full swing. An insider's accusation of corruption during the Cheong-A notice. It was also revealed that Chun Seo-jin fabricated the results of the entrance exam for her daughter's pass. The prosecution confiscated Cheon Seo-jin's office and arrested her. Nevertheless, Seo-jin Cheon made a meaningful expression, saying, "Do you think I will fall like this? I am Seo-jin Cheon, the chairman of the Cheong-A Foundation."

https://www.news1.kr/articles/?4165322

• Like 2

13 hours ago, larus said:

She stills receives the incriminated video. If it will be public she will lose the position at Cheon a High School. I don`t know who is the one who sent it.

Seo-jin secretary. 

Whatever. I lost my interest of who killed Min seol a long time ago. Why they drag this for another 24 episodes?

Biggest mistakes SBS made was that they announced there will be season 2 and season 3 before the end of the main series. Their rating is going to go down as the audiences knows what sorts of punk the writer are going to pull and put. As I've mentioned the last times, they edited Ep20 and added twisted Ep21 to draw the audiences attention for their coming season 2 & 3. Ep21, more grandfather/grandmother(New casts) coming out from nowhere. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MAHJONG KING said:

Seo-jin secretary. 

Why? It doesn`t make sense from what we see on screen so far  but, of course, they will find something to continue this charade. Not matter if it doesn`t make sense or it is a weak reason.

I suspected Han Yoon chul but again... it is not convincing with what we saw so far.

The others ... Ma Du gi... Whatever. Really it is not important. To continue the next season they need some unfinished business and we see a character having the evidence and a motive out of the blue.

6 hours ago, MAHJONG KING said:

Biggest mistakes SBS made was that they announced there will be season 2 and season 3 before the end of the main series. Their rating is going to go down as the audiences knows what sorts of punk the writer are going to pull and put. As I've mentioned the last times, they edited Ep20 and added twisted Ep21 to draw the audiences attention for their coming season 2 & 3. Ep21, more grandfather/grandmother(New casts) coming out from nowhere. 

They announced the second season before the drama was ready to be filmed. The writer usually wrote makjang dramas of 50 episodes. I think this time she thought that divided the drama in two is better. They wanted a second season of 20 episodes but they decided to make two more seasons of 12 instead.

I would want So Yeon to appear only in the first season but it is not the case. From what I see, she still has something to do in the next seasons (like fighting against Dan Tae because he hurt her feelings, the problems with her daughter, relationship with her ex, to fight to stay on Cheong A director) but all that is secondary to the main plot. Unless Seo Jin will want to get even and the fight continues. Like any soap opera, there is a posibility that another character to enter the scene for another revenge. It is tiring. I am not interested in the plot so I don`t invest my emotions but from what I read there are people who expected so much to see how the evil people are being punished. They get this satisfaction but the show will let something unresolved for the audience to come back? I really really want all this madness to be over.

They have announced another character for the next seasons? Or it is your supposition?

Ep. 19

The bus madness was hilarious. OK. The writer gave some satisfaction to the audience, for people who was watching this show to see the evil people get punished. And made Su Ryun and Logan Lee get "revenge".  They get the satisfaction to see them tormented. In reality, they accomplished nothing legally. No way they can use the "evidence" they got. They should be prosecuted along with evil Hera residents.

If indeed there is DNA samples and evidence that Seol ah`s death was suspisious, the police could re-investigate. But it is very hard to prosecute someone without an witness. At least, they could demonstrate that the body was moved. Again, the forced confession doesn`t stand. But everything could happend in this show. If a child who was in coma all her life can wake up and speak, everything is possible.

Actually, the prosecutors coming to Cheon A to investigate the corruption makes sense. That`s was a good move.

I like how the prosecutor said that he is a fan of Seo jin but he has to do his job. :D

Ma Du Gi singing at the inauguration. :lol: I liked to hear Ha Do Kwon`s voice. 

From the preview, it seems that Eun Byul attempted suicide. I hope she is not dead. I suspected all along that this could happen. Seo Jin`s daughter was mentally instable and it was a matter of time she cracked. I expected this scenario where Seo jin has to deal with the consequences of her abusive parental still. If the show will take this route and we`ll see how Seo jin will deal with all this, it is a good move but if they want her dead just to see how conflicts/ revenge will continue, I have zero interest to watch.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, larus said:

It is tiring. I am not interested in the plot so I don`t invest my emotions but from what I read there are people who expected so much to see how the evil people are being punished.

For me....I only watch Seo-Jin, not bother by her evilness role. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MAHJONG KING said:

For me....I only watch Seo-Jin, not bother by her evilness role. 

Me too. I watch only her scenes and I don`t care what happends with other characters. I think that I would not want another role for her in Penthouse. She plays perfectly the Diva Seo Jin. I like that the writer gave her a background, more characters to interact and her outfits are wonderful. She had plenty of sceen time in season 1. And it gave her material to show her acting talent.

I know that she had success with this drama but I still have wanted another kind of drama for her. I will be so happy if she will have another drama offer this year.

Tomorrow we`ll be the SBS Awards. Let see if SBS will give her the Grand Prize or not.

5 week of december ranking

7f98075f62f4b32683c53f75f4f26cf934fbf108

Kim So yeon is number 4. This week Eugene took number one spot and Lee Ji ah number 3.

Something related to Penthouse but not  related to So yeon

Spoiler

The revelation that Yoon hee is the murderer took everyone by surprize.

BTW. a funny thing. I don`t know if it a mistake of the production or not.

From the DNA paper showed by Su Ryun, it looks like Oh Yoon-hee's sex chromosome was marked as'XY' so she has a male chromozome. People were asking ``Isn't she is giving out a fake report?'' to the assumption that ``Oh Yoon-hee is actually a man?'' source I totally understand the netizen. They don`t know what is real or what is bogus in this drama anymore. :lol:

Fingers crossed for So Yeon tomorrow. I am curious to see to whom SBS will give the Daesang. So far, Penthouse did not beat Dr Romantic 2 in ratings but it was close.I know that Han Suk Kyu has the highest chance. They have the Producer awards, like the second best award but I am rooting for So yeon to receive the first prize. She deserves it too.

• Like 1

Final Ep21 will see the downfall of Seo-jin and Dan Tae. Dan Tae will escape from the police custody and plot to revenge on Season2. As for Seo-jin....divorcee, Eun-Byeol(What happen to her, we don't know), were ask to resign from Cheong A director and her family members cut ties with her after her secretary release the video, failed to extort money from her. Seo-jin will not go to prison but severely disrupted life style. 

16 hours ago, larus said:

She plays perfectly the Diva Seo Jin. I like that the writer gave her a background, more characters to interact and her outfits are wonderful.

I guess the writer is going paint Seo-jin as Woman with substance. Plot her come back by seducing and sleeping with  rich mens to regain her status.  

• Like 1

Fingers crossed for So Yeon tomorrow.

As for me, she has already won. 

The revelation that Yoon hee is the murderer took everyone by surprize.

BTW. a funny thing. I don`t know if it a mistake of the production or not.

From the DNA paper showed by Su Ryun, it looks like Oh Yoon-hee's sex chromosome was marked as'XY' so she has a male chromozome. People were asking ``Isn't she is giving out a fake report?'' to the assumption that ``Oh Yoon-hee is actually a man?'' source I totally understand the netizen. They don`t know what is real or what is bogus in this drama anymore. :lol:

OMG, I salute those people. What a Joke:tongue:

4 hours ago, MAHJONG KING said:

I guess the writer is going paint Seo-jin as Woman with substance. Plot her come back by seducing and sleeping with  rich mens to regain her status.  

I am not sure if you were sarcastic or not. Well, I don`t think it will be how you say. I don`t expect much (not substance anyway) from this writer but so far Seo Jin never seduced rich men to gain her status. She worked hard for the position at Cheong A fondation. She had a succesful career and despite the fact that she was helped to be number one, she worked hard to get it. Nobody can be succesful in Europe in classical music (like it was Seo jin), neither anywhere is she/he won`t have the skills. I was surprised that Seo jin is not a very calculated and cold headed woman like I thought she will be. She started the affair because she lack passion in her life, she doesn`t feel loved. Of course, she chose someone with power but that was expected.

About her come back..... we don`t know how Seo jin will get away from the accusations but there are ways to get away.

But her image has suffered a blow. And there are another scandal ahead of her if the video will be released.

I still don`t think it is not the secretary who is blackmail her. But we`ll see.

2 hours ago, MAHJONG KING said:

OMG, I salute those people. What a Joke

I read that SBS announced that it was a mistake from their part. But yeah... it was a good joke.

I am tired to think about the next seasons.Right now  I just wish there will be less screaming.

2 hours ago, MAHJONG KING said:

As for me, she has already won. 

We know that she did well. I won`t be upset if she won`t get it, just how I was not upset when MBC did not get her the Grand prize. She was close then too.

I know she will win something. SBS will give everyone an award.

37 minutes ago, larus said:

I am not sure if you were sarcastic or not. Well, I don`t think it will be how you say. I don`t expect much (not substance anyway) from this writer but so far Seo Jin never seduced rich men to gain her status

Sorry if you interpreted that way. I'm talking is Seo-jin and not Kim So Yeon. Writer will have to prepare Seo-jin for the fight back during season3 to make this drama more interesting. Please don't get me wrong.:bawling:

Han Suk-gyu vs. Kim So-yeon vs. Nam Gung-min. Who is the subject of the SBS “Actor Awards” honor?

121117120070.jpg

https://www.mbn.co.kr/news/entertain/4386267

Han Seok-gyu·Nam Gung-min→Kim Hye-soo·Kim So-yeon, who is the main character of today (31st) SBS Acting Awards The stars that led the 2020 SBS drama unfold.

202012311429216773_d.jpg

The ‘2020 SBS Drama Awards’ held on the 31st will be a special feature for the 30th anniversary of SBS's founding, and all the stars and dramas who brightened SBS will come out.

As it is an SBS drama that showed the most prominence among all channels this year, expectations for the Drama Awards are pouring.

Admit it to anyone! Who is the subject of honor? The 2020 SBS Drama Awards is expected to be more intense than ever. 'Romantic Doctor Kim 2','Stove League','Hyena','Penthouse','Do you like Brahms?','Alice','Nobody knows','Good casting', etc. While there are compelling works that have been recognized and loved by viewers, it is a matter of interest in the super beauty of who will receive the prize of honor.

'Romantic Doctor Kim 2'Han Seok-gyu, who returned brilliantly with the highest viewership rating of 27.1%, Nam Goong-min transformed from'Stove League' to Baek Seung-soo, shining at the Baeksang Arts Awards TV Awards, Ju Ji-Hoon and'Hyena' Kim Hye-su,'Nobody knows' Kim Seo-hyung, and'Good Casting' Choi Kang-hee also presented hot catharsis to viewers as new female characters. In addition, “Alice” Kim Hee-sun and Joo-won, who have already won the grand prize at the SBS Drama Awards, will once again challenge the grand prize. Ji-ah Lee, So-yeon Kim, and Yu-jin of “Penthouse,” who are running endlessly with their own highest ratings each time, are emerging as strong champions. As such, the main character of the subject of honor that no matter who receives it is finally released tonight.

Han Seok-gyu·Nam Gung-min→Kim Hye-soo·Kim So-yeon, who is the main character of the SBS Acting Awards today (31st)?

2020 was a year when the potential of SBS dramas shined. According to the results of the average ratings of households in the metropolitan area of this year's major TV dramas (one-act dramas less than 4 episodes and weekends and daily soap operas excluded) analyzed by the audience rating research agency Nielsen Korea, SBS ranked first among all channels with 10.59%. The 2049 viewership rating, which is an important indicator of advertising officials and means channel competitiveness, also recorded 4.4%, and SBS drama took the lead.

In particular, SBS drama, which started a new 30 years with the new drama studio “Studio S,” which was newly launched in 2020, focuses attention with the first awards ceremony after the studio was launched. The “2020 SBS “Actress Awards”, which will be broadcast live on SBS on December 31st at 9 p.m. by Shin Dong-yeop and Kim Yoo-jung, will be broadcast in real time through Naver TV, SBS homepage, APP, and Wave.

https://www.ytn.co.kr/_sn/0117_202012311429216773

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MAHJONG KING said:

Sorry if you interpreted that way. I'm talking is Seo-jin and not Kim So Yeon. Writer will have to prepare Seo-jin for the fight back during season3 to make this drama more interesting. Please don't get me wrong.

I know that you were talking about Seo Jin. Don`t worry. So you think that Seo jin will raise again seducing another rich man. I don`t agree but we`ll see. Yes, she needs new alliances. We knew that many people who are around her because she is powerful (aka Ma du gi) but they will betray her the moment whe loses the power. Thye are just oportunists. I am not sure about her secretary. I know that you think that he could be the one who sent the video from blackmail but I am not convinced at all at this moment. Of course, there is the posibility that the writer can make a 180 degree turn without explaning many things.

As I already mentioned, there are still more to explore about Seo Jin. I am not sure if the drama will do it. For exemple, I find it very unsatisfactory what the writer did to Su Ryun. She barely had moments with her adopted children.

With this kind of drama, the writer has to give shocking scenes or to make up more over the top conflicts to keep the audience engaged. I personally don`t want that. I am already tired and I am not interested to see the same conflict all over again. I wish they calm down a little.

In season 2, Seo Jin has to resolve the blackmail problem, to fight with Dan tae and Yoo hee becasue of her hurt feelings, her relationship with her ex and I just hope she will understand what she has done to her daughter and changed a litttle. Perhaps Su Ryun will want her help to fight Jo Dan tae and Yoon hee. We`ll see.

My personal wish (without expecting that I will get it) is to see diva Seo jin more in control of her emotions and to see her sense of humor more. A vixen with a sense of humor is what I like the most.

• Like 1

• Guest changed the title to Kim So Yeon 김소연 - Current Drama: Penthouse, Upcomign Drama 2021: Penthouse Season 2&3

BTS video

So Yeon`s Mianhae (I`m sorry) was so funny. :w00t:

They had fun filming this scene. I laughed at the real scene (which is not exactly a good thing for the drama) because I can`t take anything serious in this drama.

WOW, the actresses run in their stilettos or in bare feet. It was hard for all the actors to film such scene with water and mud  in the cold weather.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Nyein Chan said:

I'm rooting for her to win best actress award tonight.

She will win for sure. I saw a video and SBS gave 6 awards at once for Stove League suporting roles. :lol: OMG. That`s exagerated but I saw a few years ago when they gave 4 awards to Return male leads. I think that they can diferenciate the acting when it is a big ensemble cast but because the drama was succesful, they want to thank as many actors as possible.

I can see how they could give all three leading ladies and all leading men of Penthouse the same award.

Everyone will get an award.

They already gave two awards for Penthouse cast: Kim Hyun Soo and Park Eun Seok