[drama 2005] Peculiar Woman, Peculiar Man. 별난여자, 별난&#45224

Guest jinhee

Guest snam124

Hi mily2.

Thanks for the wonderful screen shots.

Wow she really looks nice!

I'm not the only one thinking this, so does HI :D

Can't wait to read about this!!!!

BTW - Does JN know that SH and HI are a couple? The "Ignorance is a biss" scenes are wearing me just a little too thin. I can't imagine everyone knowing about it as well as knowing about the little problem the Auntie cause and she doesn't.

It's not like JN is mentally handicapped. But each time I see her spending 'close' time with HI bf and then running up to HI like a little puppy it makes me think that JN looks and behaves stupid! Do you think JN will get mad especially with SH, GW and Auntie when she finds out? I would! .....

Then again I should wait until someone answers my question.... she might already know and is just playing the jovial 'adopted cousin'....

I can't even finish my thoughts about the jovial cousin... it just too far fetch for me to accept ... Let's not forget that JN is a very smart WOMAN who raised herself in the streets. Moreover she has a best friend that is living with a man. Given that... there's only so much naiveness the director can expect us to swallow.

So, if JN do not know about SH and HI it's time she does.... and if she does know I'm dissappointed in the the PD. I read somewhere that her rough background combined with this 'delicate' family is what the show is about (not a street smart kid who is more innocent and naive than month old baby!)

Hope you guys not mind me ranting.... I really enjoy this series. This is just my way of discussing it.

.... Oh my bottom line is ... if JN knows than she should know that she should not be hanging around someone's bf.

Thank you snam124 and mily2 for your great work!

Hi gerrg! That is a great question!! Come to think of it, I don't think JN knows about SH and HI. All of their encounters have been accidental or set up by someone else so don't be so hard on JN :unsure: (i feel like i need to defend her! LOL!). From my observation, JN isn't as friendly with SH as she is with GW so she's def. not trying to seduce SH (or at least intentionally! LOL). Even with her rough background, I think her character is fairly naive socially because she didn't have any guidance and proper upbringing.

Thanks for your comments, it brought up really great questions!! :)

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi gerrg! That is a great question!! Come to think of it, I don't think JN knows about SH and HI. All of their encounters have been accidental or set up by someone else so don't be so hard on JN :unsure: (i feel like i need to defend her! LOL!). From my observation, JN isn't as friendly with SH as she is with GW so she's def. not trying to seduce SH (or at least intentionally! LOL). Even with her rough background, I think her character is fairly naive socially because she didn't have any guidance and proper upbringing.

Thanks for your comments, it brought up really great questions!! :)

:lol::lol::lol:

You might have to protect SH next! I'm just trying to hold off until the summaries come out.... but right now I thinking he's a jealous insecure 'rich boy' who is very jealous of his cousin. Even though you can see SH is drawn to JN he only becomes 'serious' when he see how JN interacts with GW

Will he lurd the woman away with his riches? Will this be a repeat story like what happen to GW and HI but this time it's GW and JN.

If so, I know I said 'All is fair in Love and War' but as far as I am concern SH and HI should be out of the game (my rule of course). But if that was really the case then we would not have a show to look at!!!!

:P

Guest Happy_Day

I don't think JN is trying to seduce SH or anything.. I think she just likes him as a person now, and after all, they are "cousins" now. But still, if I was HI and I kept seeing them laughing together, I'd get pretty jealous. But I don't think SH realizes that he likes her rite now. But gosh, I know, SH is such a jealous little rich boy! I mean, I love him, but I hate how he's always competing with GW and trying to b all superior (which he is in the drama, but still..) It's so weird, when JN appeared in HaeShin for a while, I thot she was SO UGLY! And wen I first started watching this drama, I was like how did SHE become an actress?! But now, I think she's really cute. She has this 상큼 (fresh look), but she doesn't look Korean! But as I mentioned before, I think HI is sooooooooooo much prettier and natural looking; it's weird that in Korea, all the spotlite is on JN.. Coz HI is way prettier, but Krn media always did go for the bright weird character. Lol.

Oh my.. I just love the progression of the series.. I'm kinda torn between JN & SH & HI & GW relationships.. On one hand, I want JN to get with one of the 2 guys.. but GW is still in love with HI and Sh is dating HI.. so that is kinda not possible.. SH does have some interest in HI, but I don't think he knows that yet though. I don't think he would cheat on HI as he seems very comfortable & not aware of why HI would be mad and all. As of right now, I still HI cuz I think she's so sweet. I hope they won't make her turn evil. I want her to continue to have a good relationship with everyone. I'm still waiting for today's episode to finish dl.. I gotta say yesterday's episode was soooo good.

Sara.. where r u? ehehehe.. hope JN will leave her hair down more often.. she looks so cute.. maybe they should let her dress more girly now.. :) can't wait to see her new image!!!

Guest snam124

Oh my.. I just love the progression of the series.. I'm kinda torn between JN & SH & HI & GW relationships.. On one hand, I want JN to get with one of the 2 guys.. but GW is still in love with HI and Sh is dating HI.. so that is kinda not possible.. SH does have some interest in HI, but I don't think he knows that yet though. I don't think he would cheat on HI as he seems very comfortable & not aware of why HI would be mad and all. As of right now, I still HI cuz I think she's so sweet. I hope they won't make her turn evil. I want her to continue to have a good relationship with everyone. I'm still waiting for today's episode to finish dl.. I gotta say yesterday's episode was soooo good.

Sara.. where r u? ehehehe.. hope JN will leave her hair down more often.. she looks so cute.. maybe they should let her dress more girly now.. :) can't wait to see her new image!!!

i'm right here!! i loved this week's episodes too. am i the only one that thinks HI looks jealous everytime GW and JN are together? LOL. It's like JN and SH should be together and HI and GW. HI is so nice and sweet, I cannot even imagine her character turning evil all of a sudden. Although, I think she becomes much more guarded and even suspicious of JN in next weeks episodes....

I'll try to post summaries and previews over the weekend! :)

Guest snam124

^^ What do you mean by that?! How can I watch your NGS?! Can you put the link up there? kk

I think you can download the NGs from her clubbox. http://clubbox.co.kr/sylver

Darn... KBS World is sooooo slow! We're still in episode20 >o<

Hi Riezzle- Considering how long this drama is, you're not THAT far behind :)

Please feel free to contirbute any comments in case I've missed anything important. My korean isn't completely fluent, but I'm trying my best. You're lucky you have english subtitles!!

I apologize to everyone, I wasn't able to get to the summaries over the weekend! I'll try to get on it this week (hurray for a short work week!!) Happy Thanksgiving :)

PREVIEWS for this week

[ 41 회 ] 2005년 11월 21일 (월)

기웅은 민숙에게 해인과의 관계를 솔직하게 털어놓고, 해인은 기웅과 석현에게 스스럼없이 대하는 종남이 은근히 신경 쓰이기 시작한다. 나라는 종남의 정체를 모른 채 허리 통증이 심해지자 급기야 여직원 중에서 종남이를 찾기 시작하는데..

Gi Woong tells Min Sook the truth about his relationship with Hae In. Although, Hae In wasn’t worried about Jong Nam being with Gi Woong and Suk Hyun. she becomes concerned about Jong Nam. Nara, who collided with Jong Nam and hurt her back, doesn’t know that it was Jong Nam. She seeks for more information about Jong Nam at the company.

[ 42 회 ] 2005년 11월 22일 (화)

석현은 종남을 보자 유치한 장난기가 발동하고, 유정은 명자(카페마담)와 병두의 과거 추억담을 들으며 질투심에 휩싸인다. 나라는 종남을 찾기위해 여직원 카드를 샅샅히 뒤진다. 석현은 수능 시험장에 다정이를 태워다주러 큰집에 오고 그 차에 민숙이 동행하게 되는데...

Suk Hyun pulls a childish prank on Jong Nam when he sees her. Yoo Jung hears about her husband, Byung Du’s past with Young Ja (café co-owner) and becomes jealous. Nara slyly looks up Jong Nam’s information in the employee file. Suk Hyun takes Da Jung to her college entrance exam and Min Sook joins him.

[ 43 회 ] 2005년 11월 23일 (수)

석현과 민숙이 함께 있다는 걸 안 나라는 아프다는 핑계로 석현을 급하게 집으로 불러내고 석현의 차에서 내린 민숙은 집까지 걸어오다 심한 감기 몸살에 걸린다. 석현이 민숙을 길바닥에 버린 채 간 걸 안 기웅은 석현을 찾아가 한방의 주먹을 날리는데...

Nara finds out that Min Sook is with Suk Hyun and calls him home, faking an illness. Min Sook who was in the car with Suk Hyun, walks the rest of the way home and catches a terrible cold. Gi Woong finds out that his mom got sick after Suk Hyun left his mom on the side of the road. Gi Woong finds Suk Hyun and punches him.

[ 44 회 ] 2005년 11월 24일 (목)

석현의 따듯한 병문안을 받은 민숙은 반가워 어쩔줄 모르고, 기웅은 석현의 행동에 마음이 풀어진다. 유정과 나라는 올해 안으로 결혼 날짜를 잡기로 한다. 종남은 칼슘제를 사서 재옥을 따라 나라의 병문안을 가게되고, 결국 나라와 종남은 기막힌 조우를 하게 되는데...

Min Sook is touched when Suk Hyun pays a visit to her to check up on her condition. Gi Woong feels better when he sees Suk Hyun’s actions. Yoo Jung and Nara plan a wedding date for Suk Hyun and Hae In. Jong Nam buys calcium pills and meets Jae Ok to take to Nara’s house. Nara can’t believe it when she sees Jong Nam.

[ 45 회 ] 2005년 11월 25일 (금)

나라는 병문안 온 종남를 무지막지하게 박대하며 내몰고 민숙은 재옥을 통해 종남이 고아라는 걸 알게된다. 석현이 선약이 있어 친구 모임에 빠지게 된 해인은 기웅을 만나 종남이 신경쓰인다는 말을 하고, 그 시간 석현은 종남을 만나 나라 대신 사과하고 위로해주는데...

Nara is extremely harsh and rude to Jong Nam. Min Sook finds out from Jae Ok that Jong Nam was an orphan. Suk Hyun tells Hae In he has an appointment with a friend. Hae In meets Gi Woong to share her concerns about Jong Nam. Meanwhile, Suk Hyun finds Jong Nam and apologizes on behalf of Nara.

Guest snam124

this series will likely be getting more discussion soon...it starts today w/ eng subs in SoCal.

oooo good news for those in cali! too bad i'm not in socal ;)

thanks for the info. creidesca and also for uploading episode 41!!

Episode 36

GW is in disbelief when he hears that SH and HI are coming over to greet their family.

SH and HI’s families meet each other for lunch. Ok Du’s feelings are hurt because she’s excluded from the meeting. She tells Young Ja (co-owner of the café) she thinks her brother Byung Du is embarrassed of her because she’s divorced. Ok Du tells Young Ja she’s thinking about “Mr. Kim” (aka Jae Man). Byung Du is cold and silent throughout the meal (we later find out it’s because he doesn’t want to lose HI to marriage).

Min Sook asks GW to clean the house and prepare for SH and his girlfriend’s visit. GW imagines his mother fainting after finding out that HI is SH’s gf. GW tells his mom not to be too shocked when she meets SH’s gf, Min Sook tells him that if Nara approves of her, she’s sure she’s a great catch.

Jae Ok wakes up JN from a good dream. JN tells JO that she was invited to a party, wearing a beautiful dress, Cinderella shoes and dancing with a man in a suit and bow-tie. A package sent by SH arrives for JN. JN tells JO it’s probably for her. When they open it, it’s an outfit, shoes and purse from the department store. JN isn’t sure why SH sent them, but JO tells her it’s probably so she can monitor them for the company. JN doesn’t think it will do well since it’s so expensive.

GW doesn’t tell anyone where he’s going and leaves before HI and SH arrive. HI and SH arrive at GW’s house, but HI feels really sick because she knows that GW’s family doesn’t know the truth yet. HI recalls GW telling her that he couldn’t tell his family the truth because his grandma would smile and laugh whenever she thought about HI. HI tells SH that she must’ve eaten something bad and asks SH if they can greet his family next time. Yoo Jung finds out that Byoung Du is upset because he doesn’t want HI to get married. SH calls the department store to confirm the delivery. JN carefully jots down notes on the products she’s received. GW comes home drunk and tells Min Sook he tried to tell her, but he just couldn’t. Min Sook asks him if he was with HI then and he finds out that HI and SH didn’t come over and everyone still doesn’t know about him and GW. JN brings the package back to SH and tells him she’s done monitoring them. JN tells him that HI is her group leader and she should’ve assigned her the job, not him. SH tells JN to take the items now that she’s done monitoring them. JN says that she doesn’t want anything so expensive so he can return the items. SH says he can’t return them. JN tells him if he can’t even look for the receipt, he can wear the clothes himself. JN leaves before SH can reply. GW presents HI with his sushi proposal. HI brings the proposal to SH. HI sees a package of clothes on SH’s desk and asks him what it’s for. SH tells her it’s nothing and HI assumes that it’s a gift for her. JN meets GW at the office and GW shares his cup of coffee with JN. JN tells GW he shouldn’t be so good to women, because they won’t be attracted to him (maybe because they'll only see him as a friend?). GW tells her that’s not true and that even JN likes him. JN tells him she likes him as a person not as a man. JN asks him if there’s anyone that he likes. GW tells her that there is. GW tells her that she’s pretty and has a great personality. GW tells JN that he isn’t with her anymore. JN asks if they broke up. GW tells her that he let her go to a better guy. JN asks why, that he should’ve guarded her with his life. JN says he didn’t let her go, but lost her to someone. GW gets really hurt and tells JN that he let her go.

GW visits SH in his office and asks about his sushi proposal. SH says he read most of it but doesn’t think it will be successful. GW tells him that this idea worked well in Japan and that the sushi tastes pretty good. SH tells him it won’t work in Korea just because it worked in Japan. SH tells GW he woudn’t eat it. GW tells SH he would and asks him to think about it again. SH tells him there’s not point and lowers the proposal onto the desk, but it accidentally drops onto the floor.

sara.. thanks once again for the translations.. :)

creidesca.. thanks for letting me know about this showing with english subs.. too bad i can't watch it at the moment since i'm staying with my sister and we can't connect to this channel at her place.. sucks

sara dear..

it seems that they haven't released episode 44 & 45 yet.. i've been waiting forever.. ehhe.. hopefully we will see those 2 episodes being released today:)

Nara is gonna be so mean to JN.. but SH will finally see how rude & evil his mom is!!!!

Guest snam124

HOW MANY ESPISODES DOES THIS DRAMA HAVE??

GIWOONG IS A NICE GUY...AND FUNNY TOO...

Since it's a daily drama, it will most likely be 100+ episodes.

sara dear..

it seems that they haven't released episode 44 & 45 yet.. i've been waiting forever.. ehhe.. hopefully we will see those 2 episodes being released today:)

Nara is gonna be so mean to JN.. but SH will finally see how rude & evil his mom is!!!!

hi emily~ yes, i know! i've been anxiously awaiting 44 and 45. i hope someone uploads them soon :)

Nara its turning out to be a real witch, isn't she? she fakes an illness and purposely calls SH home. Min Sook tells SH to go ahead and walks home in the cold and gets sick. Min Sook, who is the sick one, is concerned about Nara and prepares food for Nara!! ooooo she makes me mad... :angry:

i saw the previews for next week: http://www.kbs.co.kr/drama/kbsbyul/view/preview/preview.html

Nara tells Hae In to fire Jong Nam I'll work on the previews along with EVERYTHING else. Oh dear, I'm so behind!!! :rolleyes:

Guest judybootie

waitaminute...did GW and HI go out before she coupled up with sh? why else would GW be shocked that sh and hi were comin to greet the family?

Archived