[drama 2005] Peculiar Woman, Peculiar Man. 별난여자, 별난&#45224

Guest jinhee

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest snam124

My apologies, I'm a little behind with the summaries. I'll post by tomorrow night! But I must say, Hae In is making me mad...especially what she said to GW!!

:angry:

My apologies, I'm a little behind with the summaries. I'll post by tomorrow night! But I must say, Hae In is making me mad...especially what she said to GiWook!!

:angry:

thanks so much in advance. You're making me so curious... poor GiWook.. :( I hope his cold will get better,.. he can always hang out with Jung Nam.. :lol:

Guest snam124

Episode 17

JN screams at SH and asks him why he has to follow her to her home too. She asks him if he’s a stalker. SH is so confused because he’s sure he has the right address for his aunt. He calls his dad to confirm the address and his dad tells him to call GW’s house because they’ll know for sure. GW’s mom confirms the address and he tells her that he’s there right now, but a strange girl answered the door. GW’s mom tells her that it must be JN, the cute girl with the pony tail. SH says she has the pony tail but definitely not cute! GW’s mom explains JN works for his aunt’s diner.

SH goes back to the door and JN starts to believe that SH is crazy. She yells at him to get lost, but the Aunt comes back home and talks to SH. JN hears their conversation and realizes that her boss, Jae Ok is SH’s aunt.

SH and the aunt are talking in the living room. SH tells his aunt that not much has changed at her place and that she should redecorate. Jae Ok says she can’t and SH asks if it’s because of MinWoo (her son)? JN can’t believe how insensitive SH is and under her breath, calls him “Sagaji” (Jerk).

JN brings drinks to SH and Jae Ok and SH tells his his aunt Jae Ok that she should be more careful who she hires. He tells her that she should have them fill out applications. SH says he’s worried because his aunt is so timid and trusts people too easily. Jae Ok tells SH not to worry. SH tells her that you never know how rude one can be. JN looks at the dog and says “Dong Sa!” (literally means pooper) She asks the dog if his owner still wets his pants when he drinks? (JN called SH "Ojoom Sa" /Pee)

SH continues talking to his aunt and tells her that even though her rudeness is a problem, her inability to keep a promise is a bigger problem. JN asks Dong Sa, “If someone wronged you, would you want to keep a promise with them?”

SH tells his aunt, if people find out you have a worker who stalks your customers, you’re business will be ruined. JN continues talking to the dog, Dong Sa, “If someone locked you up all night, would you treat them well?” Jae Ok is just confused and asks them if they know each other. JN answers that SH is the Sagaji/ Jerk she’s been telling her about.

Hae In and GW are still at the beach in Jeju Island. She asks GW if he planned all of this, the trip, the ring, the table. GW says that although it’s a bit childish, that this is fun. Hae In says it’s not fun. GW tells Hae In that he’s going to get married to her. He asks her to make marriage a goal between them. He explains that he wanted to make this proposal memorable for her. GW is about to say “I love you” but Hae In interrupts and tells him that she won’t marry him. GW tells her he’s not joking and that he’s serious, but Hae In tells him that she never thought about him in that way. She asks him to just be a good “Sun Bae” (older class mate). GW asks why she can’t marry him and Hae In says there’s more than 10 reasons. 1) He has no future. GW replies that he just turned 27 and that he plans to live until 100 so she shouldn’t worry. 2) He doesn’t take life seriously. GW says that she must misunderstand him because he’s always laughing and smiling. 3) He gets into too many accidents/mistakes. GW tells her to tell him everything and he’ll fix all his faults. 4) His family is not wealthy. GW tells Hae In it’s true that his family is not rich, but that he has career goals and that he’ll make sure she lives as a rich person.

Hae In leaves him and GW shouts that he’s going to kill himself if Hae In leaves him. He tells her that he’ll never give up on her even if he dies, he’ll be waiting in the ocean. GW dives into the sea and Hae In screams at him that he’s crazy. She finally just tells him to die if he wishes. GW can’t believe she left him and shouts into the ocean, Lee Hae In, you’re full of it. Have a nice life!

Back at Jae Ok’s house, Jae Ok tells JN that SH isn’t the type of guy to treat someone like that. Jae Ok tells JN she must have a misunderstanding with her nephew. JN is really hurt because she thinks Jae Ok is taking the side of her nephew just because they’re related. Jae Ok asks Dong Sa, “Did I do something wrong?”

Back at work things are awkward between HaeIn and GW. GW asks HaeIn if she didn’t get sleep, because her face looks like she didn’t get enough rest. Hae In asks about GW and his cold. She tells him to go to the hospital. Co-workers as GW how his weekend went and he tells them that he went on a short trip with a friend. His co-worker asks if he went with a girl and GW says it was only a Hubae (younger school friend).

SH and HaeIn go to lunch and he tells her that GW is a good guy. He says that GW rushes into situations without realizing that he’ll get hurt. SH tells Hae In that she should block GW’s attempts if she doesn’t want to see GW get hurt more.

ok that was a bit long for a summary but there were lots of good scenes in this episode :rolleyes:

Thank you Snam124 for the wonderful summary.. I was dying to know the conversation between JN & SH.. how adorable. What was the promise that they were talking about? Was it about her returning his watch? It seems that SH & IH is gonna start dating, right? Thanks for all the explanations!!

Guest snam124

Hi Mily2- I forgot to explain the promise. I think SH was telling his aunt that JN promised never to talk about the incident when he wet his pants. LOL. And yes, I think SH and HaeIn are dating. SH asks HaeIn to make it official that they are a couple in the latest episode and Hae In tells him that she'll think about it.

My Sweetheart, My Darling just ended last friday on KBS World and I've already seen the preview for this drama..the title that KBS World will use is My Bizarre Family and I think this is a better drama than their predecessor..It will be shown with english subs and I hope to catch up with this thread soon...

Hi Mily2- I forgot to explain the promise. I think SH was telling his aunt that JN promised never to talk about the incident when he wet his pants. LOL. And yes, I think SH and HaeIn are dating. SH asks HaeIn to make it official that they are a couple in the latest episode and Hae In tells him that she'll think about it.

thank you for the explanation.. hehe... Poor GW, not that HI is dating his cousin. He can always enjoy his free time with JN now!! I have the feeling that these 2 couples will "switch" partner later on, right?

Guest snam124

Episode 18

SH’s mom sees GW’s dad working as a valet after having lunch with Hae In’s mom, but he doesn’t notice her.

JN’s friend (owner of the wig) goes to the diner and meets GW outside. GW asks her if she is Hae Young, Jong Nam’s friend he called when he was looking for JN (when she was locked in the studio by SH). Jae Ok asks Hae Young if she’s a college friend of JN and JN interrupts saying that they’re high school friends. JN tells her friend she had enough food and that she should get going since she has a hair cut exam. HY tells Jae Ok and GW to come by her salon and GW is offended asking, “What’s wrong with my hair?” HY begins telling everyone that she tried to convince JN to enroll in beauty school with her, but JN stomps on her friend’s foot before she can explain more. HY changes her story and says JN only went with her when she went to enroll. HY tells JN something that Sang Go said and GW asks who that is. HY states it’s the guy she’s living with and GW and Jae Ok’s eyes get wide…JN is embarrassed and tells her friend that they’re busy and to leave now.

SH’s mom thinks GW’s mom yelled at her because she’s upset that her husband lost his job so she feels guilty and brings kalbi to her brother in-law’s house. SH’s mom soon finds out from her conversation with the Grandma and GW’s mom that they still don’t know that GW’s dad lost his job.

HI’s mom thought her husband was coming home late, but his dinner plans were cancelled and he’s upset that she came home so late and there was no rice to eat. HI’s mom tries to joke and raises her arms for “punishment” but HI’s dad takes her seriously and orders her to keep her arms raised.

GW can’t sleep because he recalls all the reasons HI gave him for not being able to marry him. He sees his dad awake and they share a drink. GW asks his dad what made him fall in love with his mom and his dad talks about her beauty and kind heart. GW can’t believe it and his dad tells him that his mom wasn’t always that way and that her hard life changed her.

GW sees HI rushing out and offers to help her. She refuses his help and leaves. SH sees HI outside and offers to give her a ride. HI tells her it’s faster to walk and tells him that she’s trying to register for dance class. SH tells her he’ll join her and begins walking with her. HI imagines what GW would’ve done and how he would probably run ahead of her, telling her to rest and that he would register for her. SH and HI arrive and find out that it’s all full. SH asks the employee to call him if a spot opens up. HI tells SH that it was a gift for her parents.

GW’s dad continues giving his lunch to a homeless man who is so happy that it’s kalbi stew and kalbi. When GW’s dad comes home his wife asks him how lunch was. He answers that the fish was delicious and she’s taken aback because that’s not what she prepared for him…

Guest snam124

Episode 19

JN writes a message “to Mom” on the refrigerator and Jae Ok asks her if she misses her mom. JN asks Jae Ok if she would be happy if she left for America and she says of course and how she’s paying double for all the utility bills.

GW is now at the dance place and begs the employee to let him register. He explains that he and his girlfriend just broke up and he couldn’t do anything for her so please let him at least do this for his ex-girlfriend.

SH’s mom gives her husband $100 for the week and he is ecstatic when he counts the money and realizes his wife gave him $110 by mistake.

GW gives up begging the employee at the dance place and as he’s leaving he hears an announcement over the intercom that they are looking for a missing 4 year old girl. GW finds the intercom machine and announces to the building that he is looking for someone. She is 169 cm, has big eyes, and pale face. He says he doesn’t know when he lost her. That whenever he made a mistake she didn’t say a word. Even when he was unemployed she kept his spirits high and introduced him proudly to her friends. He says he can’t leave because there’s so much he hasn’t yet done for her. The last sentence he says is, “Hae In, I’m sorry but I can’t let you go.” The employee at the registration area hears the message and calls her aunt who was registered for the dance class, asking her to reschedule.

Jae Ok has a dream about her son Min Woo calling out to her. JN wakes up after falling out of bed and sees Jae Ok replaying her son’s answering machine greeting over and over, crying. In the morning, JN gets mad at JO for forgetting to take her vitamins. Jae Ok replies that she can’t remember to take them since she doesn’t see it in front of her. JN decides to erase the greeting message on the answering machine, believing this will help Jae Ok forget her son’s death.

GW gets dance classes for HI but tells the employee to call SH and tell him about the opening. (SH and HI don’t know GW did all of this). SH and HI talk about the good news and SH tells HI that there isn’t anything he can’ make happen walking right past GW who hears their conversation.

A worker brings an extra bag of onions to the diner and JN delivers the extra bag to GW’s family. JN tells GW that she found the sagaji and that his name is Chang Suk Hyun.

Jae Ok comes back home and hears her answering machine go off and the message is changed. It says, “This is Jong Nam and Jae Ok’s lovely home. Please leave a message.”

JN returns from GW’s house with groceries she bought for Jae Ok. Jae Ok is furious and demands, “Who are you? Who do you think you are that you could erase Min Woo’s voice” Jong Nam replies, “I didn’t want to hear it or see it or watch you listening to it every morning and night, crying.” Jae Ok says, “If you don’t want to hear it or see it you should leave. You have no right to do that. That’s all I have left of him”. JN says. “Are you going to be attached to this machine forever? Do you think this will bring him back from the dead?” Jae Ok then slaps JN hard and screams for her to get out of her house now.

Guest snam124

Episode 20

Jae Ok tells JN never to come into her sight again.

HI gives the dance lesson passes to her mom who is really excited. She tells HI that she was quite the dancer in her younger days. HI explains it’s for both her and her dad, but HI’s mom doesn’t want to go with her husband because she’s embarrassed of how he’ll treat her. HI suggests that her dad might treat her mom differently if he saw her in a sexy way. HI’s mom is pretty sure her husband will decline and decides to ask him, confident he will say no. HI’s dad agrees to take dance lessons for health reasons even though HI’s mom does her best to dissuade him.

GW is with his family and thinks about his conversation with JN who revealed to him the Sagaji was SH. GW asks aloud, is SH really uncle’s son? The adults are shocked. The Grandma is really defensive and asks if SH fell from the sky then. GW says that Uncle Jae Man is so nice to women but SH isn’t. GW says he was only joking and asks why is everyone overreacting? He jokes, SH must really not be Uncle Jae Man’s son then.

Jae Ok reads the message on the fridge. It’s a note from Jong Nam saying, “Thank you for everything. Please stay healthy” JN goes to a church to sleep. She leaves and tells God, “God, I slept well for one night. Good night. It’s a little cold tonight, please don’t catch a cold God”.

GW sees SH and tells asks him you’re the “sagaji” that JN told me about? He asks SH what JN did to him to deserve that treatment. GW tells SH that SH’s dad treats women so well, but what’s wrong with you? GW changes the subject and asks SH for a game of basketball after work, but SH is annoyed and asks GW, “Don’t you have to go to your office?”

At the office, HI is impressed with the description of the porridge that GW submitted. She asks if he wrote it. GW tells her that he knows who wrote it and tries to call JN.

GW goes to his aunt’s diner and finds out that JN left. He doesn’t understand and asks his aunt Jae Ok if JN did something wrong.

GW’s family is surprised that JN left. GW’s mom wonders what happened. The Grandma asks if anything is missing from Jae Ok’s house like the refrigerator or tv. GW tells his grandma that JN would never do something like that.

Jae Ok remembers her conversation with JN about the vitamins and how JN promised to refill the case as long as Jae Ok promised to take them everyday.

SH’s dad is at the café owned by HI’s aunt and her aunt’s friend. HI’s aunt is falling for SH’s dad, but her friend tells her that he came in with a wedding ring before and she changes her mind.

SH asks HI to make it official that they are a couple. HI says she’ll think about it. SH is surprised because he was expecting a yes or no answer.

Jae Ok finds JN’s friend at the salon and asks her how to get in touch with JN. She tells her that she needs to still pay her for her work and that she promised her a plane ticket to the U.S. to visit her parents. JN’s friend tells Jae Ok that everything she knew about JN was a lie and that JN doesn’t have a home or family. That she is an orphan. Jae Ok is surprised because she thought that Min Woo and JN were a college couple, but her friend says they met at a wine bar where JN was a part-time worker. Jae Ok now remembers when JN first came to her house and was so happy to receive a meal, saying the soup tasted exactly like how her mom made it.

GW’s mom notices gasoline stains on her husband’s clothes and is upset that he’s not more careful and how it will be expensive to have it dry cleaned. As she unpacks her husband’s Tupperware she finds a note from the homeless man, thanking her husband for the meals. He writes that GW's dad inspired him to look for a job now because he sees how hard GW’s dad works everyday as a valet driver.

Snam124- thanks so much for the wonderul summary. Thanks to you, the serie is much more interesting. Now we know abit about JN's past. Hope they will show some scenes of her and the "dead" minwoo.. :)

Guest snam124

Snam124- thanks so much for the wonderul summary. Thanks to you, the serie is much more interesting. Now we know abit about JN's past. Hope they will show some scenes of her and the "dead" minwoo.. :)

No problem. I'm glad you're finding it more interesting! I'm doing the best I can with the summaries...but I may need help with some translations! I hope others will soon join in :) I'm def. looking forward to more background info. on JN's past. And what's the deal with SH? It seems like there's something that the adults know that we don't know about him (especially how they reacted to GW) that's just my hunch!!

No problem. I'm glad you're finding it more interesting! I'm doing the best I can with the summaries...but I may need help with some translations! I hope others will soon join in :) I'm def. looking forward to more background info. on JN's past. And what's the deal with SH? It seems like there's something that the adults know that we don't know about him (especially how they reacted to GW) that's just my hunch!!

yeah.. I was wondering about that too.. Since it is such a long serie, I'm sure SH's character will be all complex. He's not the nicest guy as of right now. I find GW very cute, honest and dependable. I hope he will become one of JN's best friend ( if not admirer).. hehe. I do hope some more people will join us too, but for the time being, I'm satisfied & excited to read your wonderful summary ;)

Guest snam124

yeah.. I was wondering about that too.. Since it is such a long serie, I'm sure SH's character will be all complex. He's not the nicest guy as of right now. I find GW very cute, honest and dependable. I hope he will become one of JN's best friend ( if not admirer).. hehe. I do hope some more people will join us too, but for the time being, I'm satisfied & excited to read your wonderful summary ;)

Oh I love GW so far!! :D He's charming, funny and kind hearted! I think JN sees it! LOL. Why doesn't Hae In??

I have episode 21 to type up tonight and still haven't watched Ep. 22 yet. I hope it's good!

Archived