[drama 2005] Peculiar Woman, Peculiar Man. 별난여자, 별난&#45224

Guest jinhee

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest snam124

yeah.. same here.. since i don't know korean. i just watch the younger generation parts only.. i like the two couples already!!! is it only me or the other girl that work in the same office as the 2 guys look like chae-rim at some angle sometimes?

I can't believe some of you watch this without knowledge of korean!! I'm impresed! Although, I'm not completely fluent, I'd be happy to translate any scenes you don't understand! :)

I can't believe some of you watch this without knowledge of korean!! I'm impresed! Although, I'm not completely fluent, I'd be happy to translate any scenes you don't understand! :)

oh my.. thank you so much my dear.. you're soo sweet!!! I'm interested in the girl that ride the bike ( the one who dated the aunt's dead son and is living with her/helping at the restaurant) and the rich guy ( who almost ran over the puppy) the most.. If you can help with any of their scenes ( or even a summary of what's going on between them ).. i'll be so grateful.. thanks so much in advance..

Hi Emily :)

You're watching this too...How many dramas do you watch??? :lol:

I've the 1st 13 eps from Creidesca's box since she's trying to make gold but don't know if I should start or not. There is not much discussion here...how do you like it? I'm hesistant to start another drama where there is no subs and esp. a long one...

Hi Emily :)

You're watching this too...How many dramas do you watch??? :lol:

I've the 1st 13 eps from Creidesca's box since she's trying to make gold but don't know if I should start or not. There is not much discussion here...how do you like it? I'm hesistant to start another drama where there is no subs and esp. a long one...

hello dunnie.. so glad to see u here.. well.. to be honest.. unlike Dear Heaven where I'm "overly" obsessed.. I only skim the episodes for the young generation's scenes for this serie so the episode is really really short for me.. and since this is a daily drama, it's only 30 minutes long per episode anyways ( and it's only like 5 minutes of scenes with my two favorite character).. As you can see, these daily dramas are not very popular here in soompi since it runs like over 150 episodes.. But things will get alot better in here as snam 124 offered to help translate some scenes.. :) I watched like the first 8 episodes in one sitting.. so i thought it was okay since i only skim through them and it was interesting to watch like an hour worth of scenes with just the 2 characters that i liked.. hehe :)

Guest dramaok

i've been watching this and i think it's a typical drama with predictable plot but sweet moments and relatable situations. i think the two guys are both really hot in their different way. together they make a perfect man. =D

and i agree with you milly, kim seong eun reminds me of chae rim too. a taller less glamorous but more natural looking chaerim, esp. her profile look.

and kim ah joong (the lead actress) totally doesn't look korean to me. so i find her scenes a bit strange. i don't know how to describe it... just a bit off.

i really like the aunt. i hope she finds happiness again.. even though her poor soul is forever broken by her loss...

Guest snam124

oh my.. thank you so much my dear.. you're soo sweet!!! I'm interested in the girl that ride the bike ( the one who dated the aunt's dead son and is living with her/helping at the restaurant) and the rich guy ( who almost ran over the puppy) the most.. If you can help with any of their scenes ( or even a summary of what's going on between them ).. i'll be so grateful.. thanks so much in advance..

Here's a recap on the scenes between the younger generation....

So far not much is happening between the girl on the scooter (Jong Nam) and the rich guy (Suk Hyun). Suk Hyun's car got damaged and SH thinks that JN is stalking him and vandalizing his car (because he locked her in an office and forgot about her.) The funny thing is that random people are the ones that did it...

the first time it was a drunkard and the second time a co-worker who is jealous because he likes Hae In (the Chae Rim lookalike).

Gi Woong (Suk Hyun's cousin who also works in the same office) really likes Hae In and even told his family that Hae In is the girl he is seeing. I don't think Hae In feels the same way about Gi Woong, but considers him a friend.

Suk Hyun's mom is good friends with Hae In's mom and she wants her son to marry Hae In. Even though Suk Hyun's family is wealthy, Hae In's family, especially her dad, is against it because Suk Hyun's dad is a womanizer and cheats on his wife A LOT.

It looks like that Jong Nam is friendly with Gi Woong and even helped him out with his job by writing down what a new food item tasted like (I think it was some type of porridge). Jong Nam has no idea that Gi Woong and Suk Hyun are cousins and likewise, the guys don't know that both of them know Jong Nam.

I think this storyline will get pretty complicated!!

:rolleyes:

Guest swtan9e1

i wonder how the relationships are going to be..

jongnam and sukhyun (i like this pairing the best)

jongnam and kiwoong

or both guys like haein (it seems like both guys like haein right now)

Guest snam124

i wonder how the relationships are going to be..

jongnam and sukhyun (i like this pairing the best)

jongnam and kiwoong

or both guys like haein (it seems like both guys like haein right now)

You're right, both guys like Hae In right now. I think Jong Nam is starting to like Ki Woong and eventually (or hopefully Suk Hyun will start liking Jong Nam). :lol:

I think this storyline will get pretty complicated!!

:rolleyes:

thank you so much for the wonderful recaps.. I'm glad that someone else think the other girl resembles chae-rim.. your recaps helped alot.. now i actually know the characters' names.. hehe.. looking forward to more scenes of jong nam & SH :)

Guest snam124

Episode 15 Summary

Gi Woong's mom and Suk Hyun's mom get into a huge fight. GW's mom is so upset because SH's mom looks down on her son because he doesn't have as many accomplishments as SH.

SH and HaeIn have dinner together. SH asks HaeIn what she thinks about GW but HaeIn says she only thinks of GW as a brother.

GW treats JongNam to dinner because she helped him with his project. JongNam is about to eat a burnt piece of kalbi, but GW stops her and tells her to eat a different piece. JongNam is touched. JongNam says that one should eat as much as possible when it's free, but then feels guilty because GW's aunt isn't enjoying the food. They have so much food left over. GW tells the waitress to wrap it up and gives it to JongNam. GW asks JongNam about her family in the U.S. but she tries to change the subject...

GW buys his parents and grandma presents with his very first paycheck. His mom is so distraught over the fight with her sister-in-law it looks like she doesn't appreciate the gift.

SH's father is under house arrest from his wife. She switched bank accounts so he doesn't have access to any of his money.

GW's father is working at a new job after being laid off. No one in his family knows he's working as a valet.

GW takes HaeIn on a trip to Jeju Island to get fresh seafood/ sashimi. He tells her that he had free airline tickets that expire that day (I think he made that up).

SH tries to call HaeIn, but can't get through to her mobile phone....

Episode 16

HaeIn and GW are in Jeju Island having fun while JongNam is reading about Jeju Island. She's thinking about a conversation with her friend who asks her why she keeps reading about Jeju when she's never going to visit it. JongNam answers that don't worry she will.

GW's aunt asks JongNam what she's reading and states that she must like to travel alot. JongNam says she loves travelling and that her favorite place is the Swiss Alps. (She describes how beautiful it is with the clouds and snow....it's obvious that JongNam is making up the whole story). JongNam convinces GW's aunt to attend a wedding and helps her get dressed. She encourages her to stay out late and have a good time.

Hae In's parents find out she's at Jeju Island and hear a guy's voice in the background. They assume it's SH and the dad's very mad. It seems like Hae In's mom wants her daughter to have a relationship with SH and tries to calm her husband down by complimenting him that he's the king of this household.

GW and Hae In go fishing and eat tons of fresh seafood. They have a conversation on the seashore about work and life. GW states that there's more to life than just work, but HaeIn states that she enjoys her work. GW says they should start thinking about dating. Hae In asks should we? She asks GW who he's interested in seeing...totally clueless that GW likes her. GW has a romantic table set up by the shore with the fish they caught earlier. Hae In finds a ring in the fish and thinks it's interesting that they found a fish with a ring in it...GW tells her to look closely and she's really surprised but before she can say anything SH calls.

SH gets the puppy back from GW's family and goes to his Aunt's house to deliver the dog. JongNam hears the bell and thinks the Aunt is back early from the wedding. She has a friend's wig (her friend asks her to air it out) and she puts it on to scare the Aunt. SH is freaked out when he sees a demonic looking woman coming at him.....

LOL - I love SH's expression

I guess there isn't episode 17 today :(

I know.. that preview is killing me.. I'm still waiting for it.. Hopefully they'll have it up today!!!

Archived