[drama 2005] Peculiar Woman, Peculiar Man. 별난여자, 별난&#45224

Guest jinhee

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest snam124

Episode 21

Jae Ok remembers eating with JN and asking her who she looks like, her father or mother. JN says her mother and tells Jae Ok that her eyes and the way her nose scrunches when she smiles looks exactly like her mom. Jae Ok replies that it's strange that her eyes and nose look like JN's mom.

SH's dad makes up an excuse to get money from his wife, saying he needs to buy a gift for an old friend. His wife gives him a credit card and SH's dad asks for $300 in cash. She refuses to give him cash so he begs his son, SH for money and makes him promise not to tell his mom that he gave him money.

SH's mom comes into his room tells SH not to give any money to his dad. She asks him to invite Hae In over for a meal.

HI reminds her parents about the dance class. Her dad is ready for it, but HI's mom makes up an excuse that she's sick and can't go. HI's aunt calls HI's mom and says her brother and a young, sexy woman...but hangs up without saying more because SH's dad walks into her cafe.

Back at the office SH locks his office door and walks closer to HI. HI is all surprised. SH asks her if she's scared he's going to hug her. He asks if her answer is yes or no. HI tells him to stop joking and get back to work.

GW comes into the office and thinks something is going on between HI and SH. He asks SH if something happened between him and JN. He tells SH that JN left their Aunt Jae Ok's house and quit her job right after SH dropped by with the dog. SH tells him he had nothing to do with that. AFter GW leaves, SH wonders aloud if JN left because she found out that he was Jae Ok's nephew. He remembers their conversation in the car.

SH: Where do you work?

JN: Why do you have ot know

SH: I'll find a better place for you to move to. I can't show my face at work because of you.

JN: If you have a problem with me, you change jobs.

SH: I can't change.

JN: I won't change.

SH: Fine, I'll force you to switch jobs.

SH asks himself, "Did she leave because of me?"

GW's mom follows her husband to work and sees the homeless man thank GW's dad for his food and about his decision to make a change in his life.

The Grandma visits Jae Ok and asks why she closed her diner. She asks her if she's heard any news about JN and that she knew that JN was the type of girl who would do such a thing. The Grandma sees the note on the fridge and says that JN at least had the courtesy to say goodbye. She tells Jae Ok to find a replacement for JN and don't expect her to come back.

GW's mom meets GW's dad and cries telling him that she is sorry. How sorry she feels that he's worked 30 years to feed and clother their family. That she didn't appreciate him and even didn't like him at times. GW's dad apologizes to her for losing his job.

GW has dinner with co-worker, Joong Gyoung and sees a girl walk by with a pink wig. He yells out, "Kim Jong Nam!"

Guest snam124

Episode 22

GW and JN meet on the streetm but JN tells GW that she's in a hurry and that they should meet again next time. GW follows JN and sees that she's a dancer for a company promoting a new product. He treats her to dinner. GW asks JN if she's been starving herself. JN tells him that she's always starving after dancing and singing all night. GW asks if her job is fun. JN tells him that it's not fun, but she does it because they pay her. GW tells JN to come back to the diner and back to his Aunt's house. JN tells him that she has pride too and that she can't go back to a place that kicked her out. GW is surprised because he didn't know she was kicked out and asks why? JN explains how she erased Min Woo's voice on th machine. GW says she did a good thing. That he was going to erase it himself but that she beat him to it. He looks at her hair and tells her that pink doesn't really suit her. GW tells JN that Jae Ok is really worried about her and tells her that JN should be concerned about Jae Ok. JN explains that Jae Ok never wants to see her again and that she has no wish to see her either. SHe tells GW to promise not to tell anyone that he saw her.

GW's mom tells her husband to rest and do things he's always wanted to do. She tells him that she'll work from now on and feed the family. GW's dad tells her he still has many years left in him to work, but GW's mom tells him that his personality, the late hours don't suit his current job. He promises her to look for something else, but makes her promise him not to make him quit his job. GW's mom tells him that their rich because they have their health and food to eat.

JN goes to a bath house and works for free in exchange for a place to sleep.

HI's mom pretends to have a bad headache and doesn't know why her husband is so quiet. She thinks he's mad at her for ditching him at the dance lessons, but in reality he had a rough night with a very strict instructor. HI's mom asks her husband if he had a young, pretty dance partner and HI's dad is irritated ans asks how much longer she's going to be sick and tells her she better be at the next class next week.

JN's friend tells JN that she told MW's mom (aka Jae Ok) everything. JN is shocked and tells her not to tell Jae Ok she saw her if she comes around again.

Jae Ok sees JN working and pulls her aside and tells her that they need to talk. She tells her she owes her money for her work. JN tells her that she ate her food and slept at her place so they can call it even. Jae Ok tells her that she owes her a plane ticket to the US too because she promised her. JN asks Jae Ok if she's braggin about how much money she has when she clearly knows that she has no family in America. That everything she told her was lie.

GW's sister uses GW's cell phone to take pictures of her outfit and sees pictures of GW and HI titled "Mermaid Princess of Jeju". She says aloud how pretty HI is and shows the picture to her parents and grandma who all agree.

SH's dad calls his mom and asks her why she sounds so happy. The grandma tells him that GW has a prospective bride. SH's dad tells her that's good news and that SH also has someone he's bringing home to introduce to them.

GW comes home and everyone is so excited to meet HI. They tell GW that SH is also bringing home a girl to meet with his parents.

HI goes to SH's house and shares a meal with his parents. They talk about their childhood. SH's dad tells HI that she used to cry so much when she was little. He tells her that the weird thing was that she would stop crying whenever GW came over. SH is surprised that GW came over too. His dad explains that GW came over w/ Grandma. SH's mom is really surprised when she find out taht GW works for HI and they all know each other.

The Grandma gets ready to visit SH's house so she can meet SH's future wife. GW tries to stop her saying there's no point for her to be there. That her presence would only intimidate the girl who is meeting SH's parents for the first time. She gives in to GW's wishes and tells him she'll meet his girlfriend first since he needs to get married first.

GW is concerned with his Aunt Jae Ok's health and tells and text messages JN. He tells JN that his Aunt is really sick and she couldn't even open her store. He asks her what's going to happen with my poor Aunt?

JN asks aloud "And what should I do about it? Why is he texting me this kind of message?"

JN returns to JO's house and cooks rice porridge for her. Jae Ok wakes up as JN brings her food. JN tells her she didn't want to come but GW made her. JN tells her she was going to leave before Jae Ok woke up.

JN tries to leave but JO stops her and gives JN her pay. JN tells Jae Ok that she's thankful. She adds sarcastically, "I guess the money for the ticket should be in here too then". JO tells her no there isn't enough for that. JN tells her she was going to save enough on her own anyway. JO asks JN why she would she do such a thing when you don't have anyone in the US. JN tells her that she may not have paretns, but she can still go to the US. JO tells her, no one's going to stop her but don't cry that you don't have parents. JN asks her why she would cry. As long as she can remember she hasn't had any parents. JN says she lived well by herself up until now and that she'll continue to live well, better than those with paretns. JO asks JN, "What do you mean you don't have a mom?" "You have a mom too"

JN tells JO to stop and she doesn't know what she's talking about.

JO tells JN that her mom is right in front of her and if she wants to leave her mom by herself (by going to the US).

-It's funny that GW's family and SH's family both think HI will their future daughter in-law! LOL

What are the characters names in this drama?

Here's a recap on the scenes between the younger generation....

So far not much is happening between the girl on the scooter (Jong Nam ) and the rich guy (Suk Hyun ). Suk Hyun's car got damaged and SH thinks that JN is stalking him and vandalizing his car (because he locked her in an office and forgot about her.) The funny thing is that random people are the ones that did it...

the first time it was a drunkard and the second time a co-worker who is jealous because he likes Hae In (the Chae Rim lookalike).

Gi Woong (Suk Hyun's cousin who also works in the same office) really likes Hae In and even told his family that Hae In is the girl he is seeing. I don't think Hae In feels the same way about Gi Woong, but considers him a friend.

Suk Hyun's mom is good friends with Hae In's mom and she wants her son to marry Hae In. Even though Suk Hyun's family is wealthy, Hae In's family, especially her dad, is against it because Suk Hyun's dad is a womanizer and cheats on his wife A LOT.

It looks like that Jong Nam is friendly with Gi Woong and even helped him out with his job by writing down what a new food item tasted like (I think it was some type of porridge). Jong Nam has no idea that Gi Woong and Suk Hyun are cousins and likewise, the guys don't know that both of them know Jong Nam.

I think this storyline will get pretty complicated!!

:rolleyes:

Snam124 has done a wonderful job summarizing the current episodes. If you read through you will get a good understanding of the drama. I hope Snam124 will continue to provide such excellent summaries.

Enjoy!

Snam124 thank you for doing such a wonderful job! If possible (and I do hope it is so) please continue :) .

Thank you for your hard work!

Guest snam124

Snam124 has done a wonderful job summarizing the current episodes. If you read through you will get a good understanding of the drama. I hope Snam124 will continue to provide such excellent summaries.

Enjoy!

Snam124 thank you for doing such a wonderful job! If possible (and I do hope it is so) please continue :) .

Thank you for your hard work!

Hi gerryg,

I'm glad the summaries have helped you! I have fallen quite behind the summaries! I will do my best to catch up this week! I'm so happy there are others watching this drama!! :D

Guest snam124

Episode 23

JN returns home to JO's house. GW's family except the Grandma are all happy that she's returned.

SH's dad is curious why his wife, Nara is telling him not to hire GW's dad if he comes asking for a job. SH's mom starts saying negative things about GW's family and SH's dad gets pretty angry at her for putting down his brother's family.

JN and JO receive a free chicken from another restaurant so they can sample a new recipe. JN tells JO she wants to bring GW some chicken, but JO tells her that GW doesn't eat chicken ever since he was young. (I think he's allergic to chicken).

JN visits GW at the office and he gives her a set of rollers to try out for the company.

JN runs into SH as she's leaving and he asks her if she left JO's house because of him. JN assures him that isn't the case and tells him that his younger sibling, Dong Sa is doing well.

The Grandma visits Jae Ok's house but only JN is home. She asks JN how much longer she plans on staying and that if she takes advantage of JO that she'll have to answer to her. Grandma hears the answering machine and is puzzled because she hears JO call herself "Mom" to JN.

JO comes home and tells her mom that JN will be her granddaughter from now on just like SH and GW. Grandma thinks this is temporary and agrees and worried about her daughterm, JO.

The team is ready to go on air to sell a chicken product, but one of the actors gets sick all of a sudden. GW ends up volunteering to eat chicken. GW manages to eat on air but gets really sick afterwards.

Back at GW's house the Grandma comments to GW's mom how happy that Min Woo's voice was erased on the asnwering machine, but she doesn't like anything about JN (especially how unladylike she is).

HI helps GW get back home because she feels bad that GW forced himself to eat chicken to help her out of a jam. The mom and Grandma are so excited to meet her because they assume HI is GW's girlfriend.

Episode 23

JN returns home to JO's house. GW's family except the Grandma are all happy that she's returned.

SH's dad is curious why his wife, Nara is telling him not to hire GW's dad if he comes asking for a job. SH's mom starts saying negative things about GW's family and SH's dad gets pretty angry at her for putting down his brother's family.

JN and JO receive a free chicken from another restaurant so they can sample a new recipe. JN tells JO she wants to bring GW some chicken, but JO tells her that GW doesn't eat chicken ever since he was young. (I think he's allergic to chicken).

I read somewhere that Nara was money hungry but I didn't she was heartless. My goodness, why would she force her husband to deny helping his brother. I'm sure the brother only wants to continue to support his wife, children and mother. I guess she's going to pay for her shameless ways. (Now I'm happy that HI family looks down on her!!!!!!)

I'm gald GW is allergic to the chicken. For a minute I thought the chicken went bad and they still had to put on the show. Thank goodness they were not selling rotten chicken!!!!!! (See this is what happens when the person doesn't understand the language! :lol::lol::lol: )

Thanks snam124 :)

Guest snam124

I read somewhere that Nara was money hungry but I didn't she was heartless. My goodness, why would she force her husband to deny helping his brother. I'm sure the brother only wants to continue to support his wife, children and mother. I guess she's going to pay for her shameless ways. (Now I'm happy that HI family looks down on her!!!!!!)

I'm gald GW is allergic to the chicken. For a minute I thought the chicken went bad and they still had to put on the show. Thank goodness they were not selling rotten chicken!!!!!! (See this is what happens when the person doesn't understand the language! :lol::lol::lol: )

Thanks snam124 :)

LOL- I can see how confusing it can be for you! Poor GW forcing himself to eat something he hates!

I agree that Nara is ruthless. I'm still trying to figure out why there's so much hostility between her and Min Sook, GW's mom. :blink:

LOL- I can see how confusing it can be for you! Poor GW forcing himself to eat something he hates!

I agree that Nara is ruthless. I'm still trying to figure out why there's so much hostility between her and Min Sook, GW's mom. :blink:

Maybe it has to do with money and honor. Nara has the money but Min Sook has the honor!

Isn't SH birth father questionable? This in itself directly affects her honor; it might even be the source of her husband's unfaithfulness (don't get me wrong I'm not trying to justify his action in any kind of way. I'm just saying he could harboring resentment toward his wife and the way he shows it is through his infidelity)

I watch episode 28 today. I can't wait for the translation it looks like Nara is already beginning to reap the harvest of her bad seeding. Looks like her precious son is mad at her. I get the impression that even if she looses all her material wealth she will survive but if something was to happens to her precious son she will just lay down and die! awww such a fragil person!

As you can tell with out translation my mind just wanders off to la la land :lol:

Guest snam124

Episode 24

Grandma tells HI it's best to set a date now and HI is not sure what's going on. GW tells HI she should go before his mom and Grandma can say anything more. HI tells GW how fun his family is. Grandma is so happy that both SH and GW have marriage prospects. The Grandma calls SH's house and shares the news that GW brought home a girl. SH overhears that his aunt JO is calling JN her daughter. SH's dad feels bad that he didn't do more to help JO, but Nara exclaims that they already gave her $10,000 (?) to start her business. SH's mom asks SH if he knows the girl that works at JO's diner and asks him if she's a nice girl. SH tells her she isn't and Nara is worried that this will bring problems to her family (because they are the wealthiest and she fears that JO will come to them for help if something happens).

JN tries out the new hair rollers and GW doesn't recognize her with her hair down. He tells JN to call him "Oppa" now that she's JO's daughter. JN just says goodbye without calling him Oppa.

SH runs into GW and asks if he's close to JN. He wants to know what's going on and how they can call her family. GW tells SH to forget the past (with JN).

GW's mom is starting a new job and can't find anything to wear. The Grandma is fixing a button on one of Nara's outfits that she threw away. THe Grandma tells Min Sook that she will fix it and return it to Nara. Min Sook asks why bother to do such a thing, she won't wear it anyway. Min Sook asks about an older suit that the Grandma brought from last summer and asks to borrow it.

GW tells JN that his team supervisor wants to meet JN and have her do further trials. JN thinks about it for a bit and tells him she's not interested.

SH and HI go shopping for a ring for SH's parents. HI says they might remember their honeymoon days with the couple rings. Later SH surprises HI with the rings they picked out together.

SH's mom asks her husband if they know someone who isn't married for JO. SH's dad remembers their younger years and tries to be affectionate to his wife, Nara, but she turns her back towards him.

GW comes over to JO's house to have breakfast with JN and JO. GW tries again to convince JN to accept HI's offer. JO convinces JN by saying she should thinkg about her future and she can't work at a diner forever. GW explains the job would only be twice a week and that it's close enough to the diner so she can still help JO.

JN and HI meet at the Home Shopping Network and HI introduces her to SH. They each say (through gritted teeth), "Nice to meet you."

Episode 24

JN tries out the new hair rollers and GW doesn't recognize her with her hair down. He tells JN to call him "Oppa" now that she's JO's daughter. JN just says goodbye without calling him Oppa.

SH runs into GW and asks if he's close to JN. He wants to know what's going on and how they can call her family. GW tells SH to forget the past (with JN).

I bet it was the hair that made GW tell JN to call him oppa! :D:D:D (I must say she did look rather pretty!)

Thank you Snam124 I get excited each time I read your summary.

Thanks and Enjoys your days!!!!!!

Guest snam124

Episode 25

SH tells JN he doesn't know how she connived his Aunt JO but don't expect to take advantage of the company. JN responds don't even think I would do such a thing but SH walks away before she can finish her sentence. SH asks GW if he brought JN to the company. GW tells him it was HI that hired her.

At the meeting, a new waterproof makeup is introduced. JN writes "Ossa" on her desk with the makeup and then tries to wipe it off with water. It doesn't come off and she tells everyone in the meeting that it really is water proof. Joon Gyoung, GW's co-worker, asks JN what her relationship with GW is and she tells him that he's her "Oppa". He tries to get her phone number but Yi Ra interrupts while HI overhears.

GW and HI are in the office and GW asks how JN is doing. HI is really pleased with JN's work. HI tells GW that he must be busy with so many younger sisters (referring to JN). GW replies that he thought all of them liked him (he then sees HI's couple ring) and he says but apparently that isn't so.

Nara tries to introduce JO to one of her husband's friends (so that JO won't rely on her family financially). Nara tells JO that you can't trust strangers (i.e. JN). JO tells Nara that even people who have been married for 100 years were strangers at one point, so please accept JN as her daughter and don't view her as a stranger. Min Sook also stops by JO's house and she is embarrassed that she is wearing one of Nara's old suits and hopes she doesn't notice. Min Sook tells Nara that SH and his girlfriend should come over to their house and meet GW and his girlfriend.

GW is in his room and remembers HI's couple ring. He tells SH, "Chang Suk Hyung if you're not good to HI I'll kill you. I'll kill you because it's you who can treat her better. Be good to her."

Da Jung, his sister, walks in with a poem she found on the internet. She reads a poem about someone who needs to let go of someone he loves. The poem lists the things he needs to bury: the memories, waiting for her return, believing that he was meant to be with her, wanting her all to himself, longing for her to remember him, hoping she doesn't meet anyone knew, regrets that he didn't do more for her, his heart.

JO tells Min Woo that she's going to stop mourning him and asks him to understand that she is going to not think about him anymore. She cleans up his room for JN.

JN comes home and tells JO that she met that guy, her nephew Ossa. JO tells JN if SH is her nephew JN should call him Oppa not Ossa. JN tells JO that Ossa is close enough. JO tells JN she noticed she didn't spend any of her pay yet so put it in the bank. JN tells her she can't this time because she has to repay someone.

JN shops for the same watch that belonged to SH and find it. She goes to SH's office with the watch and gets on a treadmill. She doesn't know how to stop it and SH walks in. SH speeds up the machine making JN fall but he claims he didn't know how to work it either. SH asks JN what she's there for. JN tells him to repay her debt. JN tells SH to open the box so they can finally settle this once and for all. SH replies that it looks similar to his old watch, but does she have any idea how much his watch was? How could you afford it? JN asks him if he thinks she's a joke. That she saved her whole month's pay and everything she had to get this watch. She asks SH, is it still not enough? Is the watch that great to you? She demands the watch and puts it on his wrist and returns it to hime exactly how she took it. HI walks in..

Archived