Yoo Seung Ho 유승호 ユ・スンホ 俞 承 豪

Admin

1 hour ago, Berou said:

I saw the pic, thanks @WoozyPrincess. It's good to see him close with his former co-workers. He has a few celebrities friends (including females ones) but doesn't brag them or post with them on SNS, he does it rarely.

I tried to track his social circle and estimated the celebrities he keeps contact with, and this is what I came up with :

•  So Ji Sub: they met in 2008 for filming a MV, then they did a CF together. YSH has attended many times SJS's movies VIP premieres ( they are a few pics of them circulating where they sit next to each other). In 2013 YSH starred in SJS' music video and visited him during his military break/ days off.
  • IU :   We talked about IU and YSH many times here in the thread because they once said they were each other ideals types, and YSH was consistent with his choice. A Ueana kindly posted and shared with us her research about their relationship and this is what she had  found out :  
  •  

When I asked her whether they are still in contact , this what she replied back :

• So these three might have kept contact throughout the years, it's a high possbility. 

• Park Chul  Min : they have worked together  few times ( Warrior Baek Dong Soo, Joseon Magician, Imaginary Cat, Ruler). And they seem really close and have a dongsaeng- hyung relationship. In addition they have taken a selca before during ruler shooting and PCM was YSh's birthday FM Emcee in 2016 : 

• Kim Yoo Jung :   YSH and KYJ first met on set on unforgettable movie, they played brother and sister. Since they have kept  contact and have became friends.  In 2015 KYJ attended Joseon Magician movie premiere by YSH invitation ( this is undoubtly the proof they have kept contact) . I was surprised to see her attending the VIP premiere as it didn't cross my mind they are still friends. 
  •  Park Min Young : I'm surprised to see her in list of YSH's celebrities friends or celebrities whose numbers are registered in his phone. They worked together in remember drama, they never mentioned each other afterwards. But PMY revealed in her drama post-interviews this year that actually YSH contacted her and intended to send her a coffed truck/ food support truck but couldn't do it because of the strict schedule.
  • Kim Min Seok : They met through imaginary cat short drama. They became friends afterwards as KMS selca's of them together is a testimony of their friendship,  in factYSH visited him on the set of Doctors and brought tangerines as food support. KMS thanked him in his selca post.
  • Ruler cast 

this is a quick post, I listed the names that crossed my mind. I might have missed a few ones. To expend the list I need to do further investigations, I'll do them when I'll get time 

Wow!  Thank you @Berou for the above. 

I’m Glad to know he does maintain some friendship. I wonder if he does still keep in contact with Ji Chang Wook, they look friendly enough together during WBDS. 

I do love his interactions with KSH, he seemed less shy, more comfortable and protective with her. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Berou said:

I don't know about JCW. They have never mentioned each other since WBDS. After learning about YSH and IU's story, I want to see them collaborate again in a project, I need the part 2 lol. 

KSH was his first female lead who was younger than him. If you go backread the pages from a year ago,we talked a lot about his private life, personality, love life and his leading ladies. From my point of view, he was shy to his previous leading ladies because there were noonas and as respectful as he is, he couldn't cross the bridge and enter the intimacy zone. Even during press cons they(the female leads) mentioned they watched him grow up as a child actor ( insinuating it would be hard to act as lovers), they considered him as a cute dongsaeng, rather than an actor with whom they have to portray their love. He couldn't have a hot, sizzling chemistry reaching the roof because of the age issue. Since KSH is younger than him, he could man up a little bit, act as oppa and be less shy.  And the long shooting period faciliated him and KSH to know each other better and be comfortable. To this day, I still haven't seen YSH having a swoon-worthy, hot chemistry with his female co-stars. I'm still waiting for him to unleash all the potential he has as a lover and court his female co-stars in dramas. All his dramas are heavy themed, political with a little bit of romance. The romance arc is accessory. Hence it's not fully developed, if we were lucky we got a kiss scene. IANAR is a turning point in his career, I wish it becomes a successful drama ( crossing fingers it'll reach 15 % in ratings), the OTP  and the actors get a lot of praises. If IANAR doesn't reach the expecations and does poorly in ratings, it's going to be a big blow for him and I doubt he'll be adamant to do another rom-com( btw he hates romantic stories). So yes I hope IANAR to become a stepping stone for him in romance genre and in other genres than melo. He's taking risks to go out of his comfort zone, if he gets hurt he'll go back to his shell.

Sounds interesting!

I've read your first page. I shall read the back pages to know more about him.  Thank you Chingu

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Motion To Dismiss MBC President Has Been Approved

kim-jang-gyeom-mbc.jpg
Sha

Seventy-one days after the beginning of the MBC (and KBS) strike, which started on September 4, the motion to dismiss MBC president Kim Jang Gyeom has been approved by the board of directors of The Foundation of Broadcast Culture (FBC), a major shareholder and overseer of MBC.

Out of the nine directors of FBC, six met on November 13 to discuss the matter of president Kim Jang Gyeom’s dismissal. FBC chairman Lee Wan Ki said, “We’ve given president Kim Jang Gyeom plenty of opportunity to come forward, and we’ve requested the three directors not present today to attend several times; they’ve had plenty of opportunity to make an appearance. Making a decision on the matters before us today is not something that can continue to be delayed. These matters are extremely urgent, and the public wants broadcasts to return to normal, which is why we must make a decision today.”

After about two hours of discussion, a anonymous vote was held. Five voted in favor of the motion to dismiss president Kim Jang Gyeom, while one abstained. With the approval of this motion, the dismissal of Kim Jang Gyeom will be finalized at an MBC shareholders meeting, to be held later today.

In a statement following the FBC meeting today, MBC said, “The dismissal of Kim Jang Gyeom is the first sign of MBC returning to normal. We won’t forget our roots, and we’ll raise MBC onto an unshakable foundation. MBC’s battle to return to normal continues.”

On the heels of this news, a source from MBC’s “Infinite Challenge” said that they are currently in discussions as to the return of the show, although specifics have yet to be determined.

https://www.soompi.com/2017/11/13/motion-dismiss-mbc-president-approved/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

let's all pray hard for I'm ?ot a Robot to be a really successful drama!! I really want it to be a huge success mainly for Yoo Sung Ho to gain more confidence in himself and allow himself to try different kind of genres (and let us see more of his adorable smiles :wub:) and I also want it so everyone who kept saying he's not good in romance and rom-coms to eat their words!! Yoo Seung Ho Fighting!! :heart: 

cr: korea_in_my_heart

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Berou said:

@sakura2016 ah yes let's pray hard it's going to be a hit . I'm also getting tired reading negative critics of him not being able to romance or have chemistry with his female leads.  I just roll eyes and ignore those comments, what these commenters don"t understand is :

- his dramas were always heavy themed, melo and focused on revenge and politcs. They  were not romance dramas, so of course he spent more time seeking justice than courting his female leads. The romance was not the most important arc and was left in the background

- There has been always an age issue with his leading ladies, either he was too young or too old

- YSH is rather inexperienced in love and has difficulties understanding love stories. I think he's not  yet at the stage to have abilities to portray these emotional, heatwrenching, moving, inforgettable, mature love stories.  He can do light and cute love stories. He should focus on this on these upcoming years. When he'll reach  his 30's, he'll be able to emote much better in romantic scenes, those that demand bigger emotional investment. 

He looks so good in his bright blue suit. This is what I've been expecting :heart:.  Remember when I wished to see him in a bright red suit and completely fell for his red suit he wore at his japanese fanmeeting ? 

those eyes :wub:

really I laugh at those making these silly comments not paying attention nor considering the genre of the project nor his age neither the age gap between him and his co-stars and funny thing is that they would've complained even if they got more saying "why are they giving more importance to the love story when the project is about revenge or other heavey matter?" "huh how can they kiss like that when he's still too young? or she's too old for him? or she's too young?" and really I can be blindly biased but when this young man look at the girl/woman with love I do believe him and I fall in love with him too!! :wub::tongue: but yes he'll get better with time regarding those kind of feelings for sure!! :wink: 

he does :love: and instead of bright red suit we had redish coat, good enough no?!! :wink::love: 

those eyes aren't good to my week heart, they are captivating!! :love: 

@Berou I love seeing him smile :wub: and happy he gets to feel his international fans' love not only koreans and shows him his love for them as well!! :wub: 

after the mess of the THAAD I feel special happiness whenever chinese fans show their love and support and like you I'm really happy chinese fans planned an event to support and encourage him and I'll be waiting for japanese fans next too!! :D:wub: 

lucky fan!! :wub: 

cr: jy___ms

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Berou @WoozyPrincess bad news chingudeul, we may not have the annuel year end drama awards by MBC and all our hopes and wait for our Yoo Seung Ho to be rewarded for his great effort and talent that he put in Ruler drama may go in vain!! hate this!! :tears: 

http://koalasplayground.com/2017/11/22/mbc-kbs-may-not-hold-annual-year-end-drama-awards-due-strike-fallout/

13 minutes ago, sakura2016 said:

@Berou @WoozyPrincess bad news chingudeul, we may not have the annuel year end drama awards by MBC and all our hopes and wait for our Yoo Seung Ho to be rewarded for his great effort and talent that he put in Ruler drama may go in vain!! hate this!! :tears: 

http://koalasplayground.com/2017/11/22/mbc-kbs-may-not-hold-annual-year-end-drama-awards-due-strike-fallout/

Yeah, I read that.  I truly hate MBC!!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WoozyPrincess said:

Yeah, I read that.  I truly hate MBC!!

there is "may" so I'll keep hoping till we have final decison which I hope would be a pleasing one!! beside Yoo Seung Ho there is also many actors, directors, writers, and many others linked to dramas production who worked hard all along this year so it's totally unfair to ignore their hard work and not reward them no?!! I hope they'll think through my reasoning and hold their drama awards like they always did!! *sigh*   

@Berou me too :( and forgive my ignorance but how not holding an award ceremony help in serving justice and fairness?!! is it linked to the currupt President in some way?!! :huh: but yeah if that's the case than I'm with them and I'm sure Yoo Seung Ho will win many awards as he deserves and MBC isn't the only ceremony that can/will reward his hard work and talent for sure!! :) 

@Berou ohhhhh I see!! that's really bad, good thing the president(s) were removed finally!! and I read that they moste likely they won't be able to hold the award ceremony because many of the broadcast employees were part of the strike and they are really exhausted by now while the end of the year is realy near so it will be hard for them and so I'm fine (even though I'm sad) if they can't hold it this time!! better to have a rest and focus on their current job than pressure and exhaust themselves more with the ceremony!!

1 hour ago, Berou said:

oh I see, they can find a solution and postpone it to February for example. But if they're that exhausted, health is more important. YSH still have chances to snatch some awards at those big ceremonies, who knows ... IANAR might be a hit and surprises everyone. 2 months ago everyone was against him accepting the offer and thought it'd be a flop lol. Knowing how these award ceremonies work, they give awards to the most popular actors and dramas and don't really look at an actor's specs.

I can hope for it!! :)...yeah I know these kind of ceremonies but there is some better than others (or it's my wishful thinking) *sigh* still I'm sure he will win some awards :D he won alot of hearts and praises through Ruler and confident he'll win more through his new role in I'm Not a Robot :wink::wub:...hhhhhhh I can't stop laughing remembering how worried we were when offers were out at 1st and how many commented against him taking the drama but now I can see so many commenters as excited as we are seeing how things shaping in an assuring way (hope it turns out as great as it seems and we're expecting it to be) :D:wub: 

• Like 1

Yoo Seung Ho Is Ready To Steal Hearts In New Stills For Romantic Comedy “She’s Not A Robot?!”

Yoo-Seung-Ho-1.jpg

MBC’s new Wednesday-Thursday drama “She’s Not a Robot?!” has released new stills of Yoo Seung Hotaking on one of his best characters yet.

Yoo Seung Ho is an actor who has been loved by the public for his stellar acting in both dramas and movies. This summer, he wowed as the crown prince Lee Sun in “Ruler: Master of the Mask” and now, the actor is set to become the lead of a romantic comedy. This will be the first time the actor takes on the genre, and many are excited to see if he can pull off the new transformation.

“She’s Not a Robot?!” will show Yoo Seung Ho playing the role of Kim Min Kyu, a man who has everything but is allergic to humans. It’s the kind of character that’s never been seen in Korean dramas, so it will be interesting to see how the actor interprets his role. It looks like he’s off to a good start, as the new stills show Yoo Seung Ho as the perfect romantic comedy lead in soft sweaters and a warm smile.

Yoo-Seung-Ho2.jpg

Producing director Jung Dae Yoon stated, “No matter character he takes on, Yoo Seung Ho injects a sense of sincerity into all of his roles. His gaze is especially so charming. He’s the kind of actor who can express sorrow, happiness, love, and humor with just his eyes. He’s the perfect actor to play Min Kyu.”

“She’s Not a Robot?!” will be the story of a man who has never dated because of his allergy to humans and a woman who has to pretend she’s a robot due to a myriad of reasons. The first episode is set to air on December 6 on MBC.

Source (1)

https://www.soompi.com/2017/11/19/yoo-seung-ho-ready-steal-hearts-new-stills-romantic-comedy-shes-not-robot/

• Like 2

Hi dear yoopies, i have a good new. I read on naver that they will hold drama awards ceremony this year but maybe it will be closed and without audience.

And one other thing, i really enjoy reading every single posts of you guys about yoo seung ho.

Actually i knew him from 2009 and i just liked him and his actung until ruler. In ruler i saw how hard he was carried the drama by himself and impressed. After that, i became his fan and really proud of him.

I wish all the best for his new drama too.

Source of the news i said:

http://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=109&aid=0003667305

Guys i read it by translating in english and i couldn't understand it completly. It is not confirmed yet and they are discussing positivly. Let' s pray hard they will hold it. Because this is so unfair that they hold all other ceremonies except drama awards ceremony.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, soara said:

Hi dear yoopies, i have a good new. I read on naver that they will hold drama awards ceremony this year but maybe it will be closed and without audience. But i wish they change it soon too.

And one other thing, i really enjoy reading everey single posts of you guys about yoo seung ho.

Actually i knew him from 2009 and i just liked him and his actung until ruler. In ruler i saw how hard he was carried the drama by himself and impressed. After that, i became his fan and really proud of him.

I wish all the best for his new drama too.

Source of the news i said:

http://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=109&aid=0003667305

THank you. I hope there wil be the drama awards and he win it big. He so deserved.

New ads

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1