Yoo Seung Ho 유승호 ユ・スンホ 俞 承 豪

Admin

24 minutes ago, Berou said:

@hyania i also vision him going international and have an international career in the future. However I don't want him to be casted for stereotypical asian roles.  Hollywood is still pretty racist towards asians. LBH openly discussed about this issue : http://www.vulture.com/2016/12/lee-byung-magnificent-seven-hollywood-racism-ken-jeong.html

I prefer him to be courted by these high profiles directors who are big winners in awards ceremonies like the Cannes film festival, the international Busan  film festival,  the Berlinale.

I find it cute that you're father became his fanboy lol. We got noonas ,  hyungs and now ajusshis Haha

What he said is on point : he's really a genius and it's hard to find a gem like in the movie industry..too bad he's still underrated and hasn't hit big to fly high in the sky. He has this amazing ability to fully immerse himself and become the characters he's playing. I guess that's why your father said he has many faces.

@silvianage I believe he will hit big soon. Today I read there's now a shortage of 20's actors, the popular ones went to the army : Lee Min Ho, Im Si Wan, Lee Seunggi, Joo won, soon Ji Chang wook . That means directors are looking now at the younger ones and more casting offers for YSH. He should take advantage of the situation while they are gone. So maybe will soon hear some news from him in another drama.

Yes, I totally agree with you...

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, hyania said:

You can still find those movies in YT or in google. You can also watch yoing YSH in MBC theatre ep in YT. He played several title... I want to watch him in precious family as a child with autism but it's difficult to find...

Yes, my father is a big fan now :D He even mad coz of 2016 sbs drama award. He thinks that YSH deserve daesang or top excelent award rather than excelent award for his role in remember :)

I'm really hoping that YSH get the role that he really deserve... so us can be blessed with his great acting and performance.  

thank you for the info chingu!! :D 

hhhhhhhhhhh yeah I'm with him!! he was really great in Remember!! :thumbsup: but I'm sure he'll win many awards and Deasangs in the future with his great talent!! 

we all hope so!! :D 

• Like 1

OH MYYYYYYYYYYYY looks like Japan baught Yoo Seung Ho's drama Remember: War of the Son and will start broadcasting it starting 13 of this month aka 2 days from now :w00t: 

cr: owner

purely google translation as I can't even read japanese :blink: 

"Beyond Remember Memory"
From the day after tomorrow, it will be broadcast on BS Japan ❤
-
【Broadcast Schedule】
Broadcast from 2017.7 / 13 (Thursday) ♪
Monday - Friday pm 2: 56 - pm 4: 02
-
It seems to be a cut version as it is 20 episodes in an hourly frame ... (¯ _ _;)

hhhhhhhhh love how they'll start airing the drama as I/we're going to start watching/rewatching it after Ruler!! they are thinking like us!! :lol::D 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Berou said:

Yeah :) and 13/07  is ruler finale's. Isn't it perfect ?

yeah!! it's a perfect timing!! :D they made a great plan didn't they? :wink: 

I think this intervew was shared before but I'm a new fan here among other new fans so please forgive me reposting it :sweatingbullets::D and add my comments on it :tongue: I'm actually reading the interview hearing kid Yoo Seung Ho cuty annoyed voice answering some of the answers!! :lol::wub: 

http://netizenbuzz.blogspot.co.id/2015/12/pann-yoo-seung-hos-cute-but-thoughtful.html

[Pann] Yoo Seung Ho's cute but thoughtful interview when he was in 5th grade

Thursday, December 10, 2015  pann, yoo seung ho  No comments

Screenshot_1.jpg

Pann: Yoo Seung Ho's daring interview when he was a 5th grader in elementary school

1. After the success of 'The Way Home', you must get called a successful actor now.
I really wish they wouldn't say that. I hate hearing that I'm a 'successful actor, successful star'.

that didn't change much through the years!! hhhhh 

2. You're a lead role in Don't Tell Papa. Do you only take lead roles?
I would like to play smaller roles like the lead's friend; it doesn't have to be the lead role. Getting a lead part is hard. 

he's really still the same isn't he?!! :wub: 

3. What was the hardest part about acting?
There's a scene in The Way Home where I have to catch a bug. The director changed the script a day before filming, and since there were a lot of lines, I struggled with memorizing it and he reprimanded me for not being able to memorize it all. At the time, I wanted to tell him to do it himself. 

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh that changed I believe!! :lol: or didn't? :lol: 

4. You play the role of a bad guy in Don't Tell Papa, are you like that in real life?
I'm not, it was hard for me to act my character because he's so different from me. 

then he chose to take bad roles instead of good roles when he got older to gain more experience!! :wub: 

5. How do you think of your image?
My mother tells me that I'll never be offered any roles of rich kids. Because my face looks weird, I think I get offered more roles to play the poor kid. I just want to try a character who isn't rich or poor, just an average kid. 

hhhhhhhhh oh, how wrong she ended up being, her son played a King since a child till now even rich people :lol: I want to know what she thinks now seeing us fans fangirling/fanboying over her "weird" looking kid!! :lol: really, "weird"?!! :o:lol: 

6. Aren't you rich in real life?
I act not for the money but for the experience. 

that never changed!! :wub: 

7. But aren't you richer than most kids your age?
I get $2.50 in allowance every week. 

that's quite somme of allowance from what I gather!! but he deserve it :wink: 

8. What do you think is important for the advancement of the Korean movie industry?
A good script. I want more people to participate in the script writing process and be able to express what they don't like about it. 

he had high and fixed stardards since he was this young? I'm more impressed!! 

9. What is a good script to you?
Something that starts out funny but touches your heart in the end. 

:heart: 

10. It will be harder for you to both act and go to school.
I was only going to act from 4th grade to 5th grade but my mom keeps forgetting that. I bet she'll say let's start acting again in 6th grade so I'll probably continue acting. Until I'm an adult.

hhhhhhhhhhhhh she's forgetting!! :lol: that's what she did my cutie :lol: and now you grew into a greately loved and praised talented handsome actor!! :heart: Thank You Yoo Seung Ho's Omma for not letting him stop acting at his 5th grade or we would've messed such great actor!! :heart: 

Japan must be in love with YSH right now lol

buying Remember so it could broadcast there is already sooo amazing! 

Whats more amazing is that ruler being bought by Japan too and it's been FOREVER since they bought anything from MBC!

YSH's power!! (:

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, joyspartace said:

Japan must be in love with YSH right now lol

buying Remember so it could broadcast there is already sooo amazing! 

Whats more amazing is that ruler being bought by Japan too and it's been FOREVER since they bought anything from MBC!

YSH's power!! (:

yeah!! I was so happy seeing that Japan braught Remember too after reading before that it baught Ruler!! the power of Yoo Seung Ho indeed!! :D:wub: 

19 minutes ago, Berou said:

@sakura2016 he was only a toddler ! I'm impressed ! I've already read that interview.

My favourite answers :

I act not for the money but for the experience. 

A good script. I want more people to participate in the script writing process and be able to express what they don't like about it. 

Something that starts out funny but touches your heart in the end. 

@joyspartace Japan has always loved him, he even holds fanmeetings in Japan. All his works get broadcasted there. his movie Kim Sun Dal got exported in Japan with a DVD and japanese fans went to watch it in January at theaters. I miss  you got also broadcasted. So I'm not surprised.

I'm impressed by him too!! he has such thoughts and standars of good projects while he's still that young is REALLY impressive!! 

awwwww I'm so hapy to now that!! :wub::D 

• Like 1

@Berou I'm not surprised by it either. OH! Speaking of fans! As I was packing last night, I put on Kim Sun Dal in the living room so I could watch it again and my grandma walked it. It was adorable because she really doesn't remember much stuff she watches but as soon as she walked in and sat down - "that's Harry....oooh poor Harry....why is he so skinny here..." that's the first thing that came out of her mouth. 

I literally froze and asked her - "you remember that drama?" and she went "no...I just remember handsome harry." I started laughing so hard. 

I mean, grandma and I watch dramas together so sometimes I have to retell her the story or plot for her to remember what's going on. Even Ruler, she gave up on it because she didn't like it after the 10th episode. She calls YSH by Harry so it's adorable ahah. It's funny because she's actually a fan of So Ji Sub too. 

This is why I love YSH since Master of Study. Despite of dramas or films choices, he always has a variety of fans who support him so much. He's an actor with "no anti-fans" as people call it. I rather look at him more as an actor who has fans of all ages. It's no wonder people love him as the years goes by.

but I agree with Berou, with other rising stars of less experience than him starring in dramas that get their popularity boosted and stuff - it's hard for YSH to get that one perfect drama for him. Especially if other star screenwriters choose other stars to cast in their dramas. Hopefully one day, luck is on his side and he finds that perfect role/drama/plot that can show people more of him. 

OH! Berou! How do you feel about Director Bong Joon Ho? His films are always well written and the film catches attention all the time by Cannes! I can imagine YSH filming a part for his film! That would be really amazing if he can take part with somebody like the director.

@sakura2016 that interview came to kneitzens attention I think a few months ago and everybody was squealing at how adorable and intellectual his answers were. ahahah, it remind of those past interviews he had as a kid, I kept going "AWWWWWW" throughout the whole time ahahah 

• Like 2

@joyspartace hhhhhhhhhh that's so adorable!! "handsome Harry" :lol: yeah I'm going to watch IMY and will only remember "handsome Harry" too :tongue: hhhhhh it's really great that he has fans from every age with no anti-fans :wub: and I'm sure he'll get his chance to come across a great project that boost his popularity!! 

hhhhhhh that was worth squeeling for sure!! :wub: and he was smart and had strong thoughts beyound his age for sure!! :wub: 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, joyspartace said:

@Berou I'm not surprised by it either. OH! Speaking of fans! As I was packing last night, I put on Kim Sun Dal in the living room so I could watch it again and my grandma walked it. It was adorable because she really doesn't remember much stuff she watches but as soon as she walked in and sat down - "that's Harry....oooh poor Harry....why is he so skinny here..." that's the first thing that came out of her mouth. 

I literally froze and asked her - "you remember that drama?" and she went "no...I just remember handsome harry." I started laughing so hard. 

I mean, grandma and I watch dramas together so sometimes I have to retell her the story or plot for her to remember what's going on. Even Ruler, she gave up on it because she didn't like it after the 10th episode. She calls YSH by Harry so it's adorable ahah. It's funny because she's actually a fan of So Ji Sub too. 

This is why I love YSH since Master of Study. Despite of dramas or films choices, he always has a variety of fans who support him so much. He's an actor with "no anti-fans" as people call it. I rather look at him more as an actor who has fans of all ages. It's no wonder people love him as the years goes by.

but I agree with Berou, with other rising stars of less experience than him starring in dramas that get their popularity boosted and stuff - it's hard for YSH to get that one perfect drama for him. Especially if other star screenwriters choose other stars to cast in their dramas. Hopefully one day, luck is on his side and he finds that perfect role/drama/plot that can show people more of him. 

OH! Berou! How do you feel about Director Bong Joon Ho? His films are always well written and the film catches attention all the time by Cannes! I can imagine YSH filming a part for his film! That would be really amazing if he can take part with somebody like the director.

@sakura2016 that interview came to kneitzens attention I think a few months ago and everybody was squealing at how adorable and intellectual his answers were. ahahah, it remind of those past interviews he had as a kid, I kept going "AWWWWWW" throughout the whole time ahahah 

Couldn't agree with you more dear... I think your grandma needs to meet my father :lol: coz he likes to explain everything he watches in detail and they can talk about YSH... :)

I think the time will come for YSH sooner... It's already started with ruler, more people recognise him and curious about him

• Like 2

@Berou & @hyania ahhhh!!! that would be so cute! the thought of your father & my grandma meeting and fanboying/fangirling over YSH is so adorable!!

oooh! let me try to clear my schedule and other things to do tonight and once I'm free, I'll try and translate what's going on in that video! (:

yes! if YSH could do a film with Bong Joon Ho that would be so good and honestly it would open so many doors for him! I agree, directors/screenwriters tend to stick to the same cast like how he stuck with Go Ah Jung for The Host/Snowpiercer.

Maybe a new screenwriter/director with amazing skills will one day cast our YSH and open those wide doors for him further (; 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Berou said:

@hyania and @joyspartace how about they meet via soompi YSH thread lol ?

@joyspartace thanks for sharing your little story about your grandma.  Your grandma is adorable. i should call him handsome Harry too. His character as Harry made me a fan of him :)

Chingudeul, how I wish I knew Korean ! I came across a never seen before interview video.

Bong Joon Ho ? I'm not really familiar with him. I've only watched the sea fog and mother. He's an amazing director though,one of the three who promote korean movies internationally. It would be an honor for YSH to work with him,I'm sure the age is not a hindrance since he casted Go Ah Sung for the snowpiercer. Park Chan wook is also one of the favourite at Cannes. These top directors always cast the same actors, they have their favourite ones. One day YSH will get a chance to work with them but not soon, maybe in 5/6 years

One of my biggest wishes is to see him in a Luc Besson's and Coppola's movie :)

Isn't it too much asking for it ?

how much I wish I knew korean too, want to know what they said and what they were laughing about :lol: all Imanaged to understand is Yoo Seung Ho saying that his role is of sexy conartist (?) :lol: and they started laughing and teased him about it when the other actor on the very end by Yoo Seung Ho's right side said his role isn't sexy!! :lol: and by the end they souuted "Dabong" which means "thumbsup" as they raised those huge thumbsups!! hhhhhhh

he's greately talented so we can hope for that :wink: 

@joyspartace awwww thank you so much in advance for the translation whenever you can!! :D 

• Like 1

@Berou @joyspartace It's cute if they can meet and fanboying/fangirling over YSH and tal with us in this thread :D

I really hope he has a movie this year and work with a great director/screenwriter...

• Like 2

Most of the current active popular actors are seemingly entering the military around the same time at this point. they've reached the age where they should go before 30. 

Besides, YSH - there are a lot of underrated actors who has plays second leads or small roles before. This should be considerably their moment to shine now that the actors list are slowly being limited due to military. And it's not that there are "no actors" I just feel like producers and such tend to choose idol actors due to the popularity which is as expected because marketing. 

but I hope that actors like YSH & more will have an opportunity given to them now that it seems so very limited for the screenwriters/casting.   

It just matters in the case of what writers are thinking of for genre, characters and actors themselves. 

I hope for the second half of 2017 and rest of the years onward, YSH can be considered for a few dramas/movies as well as other underrated actors who are waiting for that one perfect drama. YSH being the experienced out of the bunch, I just hope casting directors offer a role that can challenge him. 

thanks for sharing the article! @Berou idk why it slightly made me upset since of the whole aspect of "no actors" since half the time people are casting idol actors instead of giving chances to underrated actors like YSH. 

SO YES! ITS TIME FOR YSH TO RISE!!!

• Like 4

ahaha, generation shift! I like that word because it's so true! since 2010, actors who were born from 87-89 tend to be the leading actors: they get those roles that boost their love from kneitzens very well. so I feel as if 90-95 generation's time is here. 

back then, I was so upset to see YSH gone when he joined the military so early but thinking about it since Remember, he did the right choice. Now, opportunities will be more available for him hopefully. He will get his shining moment soon and challenge himself more and more (: 

I've also been noticing that one or two child actors who chose to enlist early are discharging from the military soon. It'll be theirs and YSH's moment to rise soon, I can feel it!

the genres of romance, rom com & melodrama tend to be for actors who are in their 20s. with so few actors left, hopefully these writers/casting directors can look PAST the idol actors and look into underrated actors. If they rather take their chance on an idol actor with limited acting skills for popularity. I feel like they should do the opposite - take their chance on actors who have better experience and are very much underrated to make their drama big (ofc with the right script lol)

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Berou said:

By the rules of dramaland, YSH and the other underrated actors will get their popularity boosted soon :). It's only now a matter of time. I bet you he's receiving now love calls everywhere but since he's very picky,he'll take his time to choose the right and perfect drama. No error, no rookies writers,no authorative and unflexible director. He needs a solid role, skilled writers and directors and co-stars with grounded acting

YES YES YES! I've been watching these screenwriters who are miscasting people so much. They have good scripts but it goes amiss once a wrong actor is cast. So one day, we both can squeal together once YSH agrees to a role that will provide everything that this handsome gem deserves! omg, I agree big time with the co-stars with grounded acting. it's always an issue when one of two leads can't act and I've been seeing it soooooooo much in recent dramas. I just want to curl myself in the corner sometimes lol / maybe that's why my heart hurts more since KSH was considerably the perfect co-star but ugh, writers gotta go ruin it. 

question: how do you feel about weekend dramas? they tend to be exhausting long but they grab certain type of viewers and attention that a weekday drama doesn't provide. my own personal thoughts is that I rather have him take upon a weekend when he's in his 30s or 40s - those rules tend to be filled with family problems and it would be interesting to see YSH among so many other sunbaes. One of my wishes is for YSH to film with Kim Hae Sook (she tends to do a lot of young dramas for cameos so this possibly can happen) and Kim Young Chul. They're my favorite elder actors so maybe I'm being greedy again wanting my faves to film something together ahahah! 

i can't wait for the day for us and the other Yoopies to scream and dance in joy when our handsome gem gets that perfect drama role and the recognition he deserves! 

• Like 1

@Berou omg let's never speak of Flames of Desire ever again. ahah, I do not want to remember that drama ever. It's one of those dramas that I persisted through because of YSH. As soon as it was over, I banned myself from weekend drama for a year ahaha!

Ooh! there's a current weekend drama that's really good and heartwarming that has Kim Hae Sook/Kim Yong Chul right now, if you ever have time - you should definitely watch it! (:

ooooh!! Kim Yong Chul plays such good villain. I love it when he plays those kind of roles so if he could be an evil modern version of DM in a drama w/ YSH that would be so awesome. Actors tend to learn and love to be around those two elder actors so the thought of YSH being around them one day for a drama or film really makes me happy LOL

i definitely don't want YSH to take part of another drama/film unless he had a full 3 months rest. I don't mind magazine shoots or CF, he has to at least have a rest and gain back some weight, CRIES! Oooh, I only want him to take part of a weekend drama in his later years, stabilize that romance aspect of his life and then yes ahahahah! 

• Like 1

@Berou aw I wish I was here for that! Life was hectic for me in the last two years so I really couldn't participate in the forums as much as I wanted. but I'm back and 100% here ahahah! 

oooh, I've thought about this! my list isn't that long because I am fan of mostly male actors like YSH, SJS, JIS but female actors that I want to costar with YSH? hmmm....

1) Kim So Hyun (maybe you would've figured out that she is my fave actress since her film back in 2010 but Ruler didn't make me happy at all with their chemistry. so a modern drama pls this time) 

2) Park Shin Hye (their chemistry for SJS's music video was really good! so I would be happy to see these two act together one day! CF photo shoot and music video isn't enough lol)

3) Park Bo Young (she's such a wonderful adorable actress. they've worked together for a CF & one drama when they were young. but it would be nice to see them in a drama now that they're older) 

I can't think of any other actresses around his age. If it were to be an older actress for like thrillers or mystery concepts, I have seperate list for that hehe. It would be nice if he could do dramas like that with like Lee Bo Young and Ha Ji Won.

what is yours? 

• Like 2

@Berou oooooh I like some of those actresses in your and others lists! our gem has so many time on his hand so maybe one day, he will work with so many actresses in that list! (:

what about male actors? bromance is still pretty popular nowadays. I liked the dynamite between Defendant this year between Ji Sung & Uhm Ki Joon is the kind of tension I want for two male stars. It's like a thrilling aspects. I hope one day YSH can take part in a drama w/ a male star like that. It had the same feeling as YSH & Nam Goong Min had in Remember but I was more attached to YSH & Park Sung Woong at that time lol

• Like 1