Park Ki Woong 박기웅

ecs707a

Beating Hearts episode 28 screencaps (aired June 3, 2014):
beating28_zps23dba337.jpg~original
So...obviously he wasn't in this episode very much.  This part was funny though.

And I'll take what I can get.  (I'm going to miss this show, and him on it.  In a way I guess I'm a little glad the show's ending is probably coinciding with his last episode, so I won't have to watch it without him.)

• Replies 868
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest na71

New news heheheWaveon Entertainment just published the new direction to send letters to Park Ki Woong.So my friend told me that she can send the letter to the new direction o we can chose to send the letter directly one by one, since now we have more time.She is not sure if he is going to stay there for a long time or if it is another training but in the police force, because the place where he's staying is the Police Academy.Let me know soon what are we going to do to speak with her. =)
Ah! The direction to send the letters:경기도 고양시 덕양구 유산길 781050기 1생활관 1번 교육생 박기웅(우) 412-520South Korea.

Beating Hearts episode 29 screencaps (aired June 10, 2014):
beating29_zps65251cae.jpg~original
I wonder how often he goes bowling.  It amuses me that they actually set up bowling pins for this.  And this episode was still Busan!  I guess I forgot that episode 24 messed up the 4-episode/location pattern.  So I guess we get only three (maximum) from the last location, whatever it is.  Or something.  I don't know.  Just give me mooooore, SBS.

@na71, I think I'm okay with just the group letter for now.  I think I probably ran out of things to say anyway, lol.  If I had to fill an entire letter on my own...there would be awkwardness.

Today is the last record of PKW in Beating Hearts.Here is the preview:

And there is some articles related to this episode.Some of them are focusing in the love-line between PKW and Hyebin. After the "love confession" PKW was asked a lot of times what was it and he answered always that it was the new rule that they made between the members.I guess there is more people that watched the confession but didn't watch the program... anyway... still saying that is only a new rule, people don't seem to believe it and people keep asking him  to make it clear.
And it seems that in today's episode PKW asked  what about if we date for real? 
so we need to wait for real context (again) to know if it's a real confession or if they were making a joke tired of the same question.
photo 201406170922093310_1_zps71c90169.jpg

I don't think he is the type to confess in public, as I said before, because he said that he don't want to date in public... but we really don't know... the military service have a strong impact a make them a little bit crazy. 

But I don't really like when programs focus on love-lines... and when they made articles just to attract attention because there will be more rumors...
anyway, they were playing with that so they already knew the consequences.

Let's wait for tonight episode and let's see a really sad episode... it seems to be the PKW last episode. =(

na71 said: Today is the last record of PKW in Beating Hearts.Here is the preview:

Just dropped by to post this too...
Nooooo...it can't be the last one!  And this one is still Busan too--so many Busan episodes.  Hmm...wonder what the last two episodes are then?
And I can already tell that this episode is just going to make me sad
But I hope there are some fun parts too.

na71 said:

And there is some articles related to this episode.

Some of them are focusing in the love-line between PKW and Hyebin. 

After the "love confession" PKW was asked a lot of times what was it and he answered always that it was the new rule that they made between the members.

I guess there is more people that watched the confession but didn't watch the program... anyway... still saying that is only a new rule, people don't seem to believe it and people keep asking him  to make it clear.

And it seems that in today's episode PKW asked  what about if we date for real? 
so we need to wait for real context (again) to know if it's a real confession or if they were making a joke tired of the same question.

I don't think he is the tipe to confess in public, as I said before, because he said that he don't want to date in public... but we really don't know... the military service have a strong impact a make them a little bit crazy. 

But I don't really like when programs focus on love-lines... and when they made articles just to attract attention because there will be more rumors...

anyway, they were playing with that so they already knew the consequences.

Let's wait for tonight episode and let's see a really sad episode... it seems to be the PKW last episode. =(

Yeah, not a fan of forced love-lines to attract attention either.  This show, to its credit, has really been pretty good about not doing that in general.  Those two might make it awfully tempting though.  They really do seem to get along well, but she has a boyfriend, right?  And yeah, since he really seems not the type to do anything publicly like that, I doubt very much that it's anything real.  Just cute fluff, or done jokingly.  I was just thinking when I watched the last episode (and I don't remember what made me think of it), that if I had to guess at the cliques (for lack of a better term; I think they all get along well), that's how I would guess they tend to split up (PKW and Hyebin, and then the other three), haha.  But I can't point to anything specific as evidence to back that up.  Just a feeling, I guess.

And I was going to post these the other day, and forgot.  It's sort of relevant here, so I guess now is as good a time as any.  Various photos from the other cast members' Twitters:

gs140603-26_zpsb5c0485c.jpg~original

This one's from when they were shooting the CF.  I don't know why, but I just like the way he looks here...
gs140603-43_zpse23a2ec0.jpg~original

I know these were posted in the show's thread before, but I think never here.  Dorks.
gs140127-2_zps7ae26a92.jpg~original

gs140127-1_zps3c800726.jpg~original
gs140603-16_zps4a73e495.jpg~original

From the SBS Entertainment Awards:
gs140603-45_zps577eee95.jpg~original

cws140603-1_zpsa1f9fea3.jpg~original

All but the last from Jang Dong Hyuk's Twitter; the last is from Choi Woo Shik's.

Beating Hearts episode 30 screencaps (aired June 17, 2014):

Oh my gosh, you guys.  I screencapped the living daylights out of episode 30.  My usual 8 or 10 or whatever is not going to cut it this week, just to warn you in advance :) 

*Also, many of the screencaps for this episode could possibly be considered spoilers, but mostly only on the level of: it's his last episode, and everyone cries and it's sad.  I doubt that's much of a surprise to anyone.  But the surprise guest is screencapped below.  So be warned, if you want to be truly surprised when you watch, and haven't heard (or guessed) already who it is (that part starts in part 3 of my screencaps).  But 1, 2, 4, and 5 should all be relatively spoiler-free.

Part 1: work stuff (and the "love" conversation)
beating30-1-640_zpsd8087980.jpg~original
Yeah, nothing earth-shattering in the conversation, haha.  But these are the last of the uniformed, serious, on-the-job screencaps, and also no more joking around with the guys at the station.

Part 2: the first part of the surprise goodbye
beating30-2-640_zps54b61555.jpg~original
I didn't put any screencaps of it here (it'll probably go in the show's thread at some point), but little orange kitten is all grown up!  That side profile smile is his reaction to the cat.  So cute that they got the girl who adopted the kitten to be in the video.  And I laughed when they all sang that song again.

Part 3: more of the goodbye party (which I'll hide just in case you don't want to ruin the surprise guest for yourself.  But it's probably pretty obvious anyway.)

Spoiler

13WvKz4.jpg
And here's where the waterworks really start (for me, and him too, lol). 

The little face touching moment with Hye Bin was very sweet.  You two probably shouldn't be acting like that if you really want the relationship rumors to stop, you know. ;)  And the reactions of everyone around them when she did that...so funny.  But seriously, it's so evident that they all got very close through this.

Then episode 14 lady and husband appear on screen, and then in person?  I even knew it was coming, because I looked at the articles that came out before I finished watching the episode (actually, I still haven't technically finished the episode.  Obviously I got too distracted by screencapping to watch the last part), but that didn't stop me from crying as soon as she walked into the room.  It's like a Pavlovian response at this point, lol.  I think they've sort of decided to adopt him.  So sweet.

Part 4: end of the goodbye party, and the aftermath (yeah, this one's pretty much a solid wall of hugs and tears)
E57ulmv.jpg
I only understand a little of what was in Jo Dong Hyuk's letter, but it was obviously very touching.  And no one else read their letters?  They showed some of them onscreen, but I guess that's all we get for the others (not that that helps me much anyway, haha).
I wonder if they all read their letters out loud, and then they got edited out because it took too much time, or if they only made JDH do it.  Was it because he seems like the least likely to publicly share his feelings, and it was a little gentle teasing to make him be the one to do it?  Aww...the bromance.  And an appearance of the elusive six-armed bro hug :)

CWS was also super adorable with his sneaky little hugs here and there.  And the Hye Bin-Woo Shik combo hug with Jo Dong Hyuk's sad face in the foreground is maybe my favorite screencap of this part of the episode.  Or maybe even the whole episode.  So much so that I may have to post the full-size version separately, haha.

Part 5: some screencaps of the day he left for military service
beating30-5-640_zpsb9b154d7.jpg~original
This was a nice surprise (but a sad one too).  I didn't know the show's camera crew followed him that day.  The last one seems to be an appropriate ending point.  (And it also reminds me that there are some police academy pictures that need posting soon too.)

So...this is one episode I really wish had subs.  Usually it doesn't matter that much, but there's so much talking in this episode.  But honestly, even without, I already cried like a baby.  Gah.  The teary eyes were breaking my heart :(

Spoiler

3full_zps79a64cc3.jpg~original

But I love this moment:

Spoiler

1full_zps579167e7.jpg~original

So totally surrounded by love.  Aw.  Thank goodness for all of his castmates, though.  Thanks for giving him lots of hugs :)  I think they'll miss each other a lot.

What did he say when he cried after Gaksital?  That he had only cried at the end of a project once before (for My Tutor Friend 2, I think)?  First time, because it was his first leading role; second, after a long, difficult, exhausting, stressful, but ultimately successful (and rewarding) experience; third, this.
I think it's safe to conclude that this one hurt a lot.  This one likely falls under the same category of stressful but meaningful, and possibly even more so because it was more personal than his acting work.  I don't think I've ever seen him cry that much.  It must have been totally overwhelming.  But they did this for almost a year, and I think they all bonded over the stress and sense of shared purpose, maybe.

I know I've said it before, but I'm really thankful that he decided to do this show.  We were lucky to have it for as long as we did.  And we got to learn all sorts of things about him that we wouldn't have otherwise known, haha.  (I have this mental list of favorite moments that I might have to put together at some point, but I feel like I need to rewatch some episodes first.  Or maybe all of them.  Well, now I have time to do that, I guess...)  Most importantly maybe, it's quite the body of evidence that he really commits to things, and cares about people.

It took me a long time to get through this episode (or even just the first 3/4 of the episode, which is all I've seen!).  I kept having to pause because it was too sad.  And when I went back to screencap those parts, it was the same way.  But I couldn't resist screencapping everything, so it took forever.  But I don't mind.  This is the last one.  This show's been my weekend ritual from basically the beginning until now.  2 more episodes left, that I'll certainly watch, but it won't be the same without him.  And then it's over for the show too. 

(Is it overly optimistic of me to hope that SBS will release some BTS stuff after they air the last episode?  They used to put little random BTS clips on youtube occasionally, but they haven't even done that in a long time.)

Edit:
Show, you totally faked me out!  There's more of him at the end of the episode!  So bonus screencaps coming soon...

Edit 2:
Part 6: the fakeout!

Spoiler

6deyqnV.jpg
So the real ending is a ceremony, and then a funny little snippet of him sleeping?  I love it.  (I thought he was a light sleeper, haha.)

Looks like the news agencies finally noticed those police academy photos I saw the other day.  So I guess I'll post them now.
20140619132200a90b_zps566f1f59.jpg~origi
20140619132200b-90c_zps9ce7a231.jpg~orig
source

And he's in a couple of others (but really far away):
6-19-2c_zpsd32c858d.jpg~original
source

I think maybe there's been some speculation that he's injured his ankle or something, since it looks like there's something on his left ankle, and he's sitting next to another guy with a leg injury.  So I don't know what's going on with that.  But it doesn't look like it's too serious.

Secretly Greatly stage greetings, part 4!
June 15, 2013

130615r-4_zps548b2c6f.jpg~original

130615r-5x_zps29aba308.jpg~original
130615r-7x_zpse15a5f0a.jpg~original
130615r-3x_zpsbbee9494.jpg~original
130615r-6x_zps8a0ed06d.jpg~original
130615r-2_zps8ebcb685.jpg~original

Video of PKW picking up LHW

credit: S SY

Same day, different clothes...
You can skip to about 3:15 to go straight to the best part (haha), but don't miss the posing at the end

credit: xkclfgus

June 16, 2013
130616r-1_zpsc564b1e5.jpg~original

130616r-3_zps47ed9598.jpg~original

Still June 16, but another change of clothing:

130616b-3_zps2d6c49d7.jpg~original

130616b-1-600_zpsdeae4b30.jpg~original

Videos!  First, some dance moves you might like to bust out at the next social gathering of your choice:
http://youtu.be/uTLIjI9fYiw
Or maybe not.  Another (no dancing in this one):
http://youtu.be/jPshom1yDCQ
credit: 이혜민

Next (and last): June 22 and 23...

huwaaa :(( :(( :((  I didnt know about letter project :((
I've been wanted to express my feeling about him, and yet, I've missed the oppurtunity!

since there is no drama of him, so I kinda feel underwhelmed and less spirit to check this thread... I felt so regret right now why i didnt check this thread before... :(

bian @ecs707a, I didnt answer your call before to join letter project, I didnt know... there was many notification but I didnt check one by one, didnt know that you mention my name once... :(

and is it really real that pkw and that girl in the show in relationship now? really? I feel kinda not ready yet actually to hear him having relationship... LOL honestly, I kinda hoped that he will be with han chae ah... :)

@ecs707a ah, I've seen the first page, I love it! So grateful you able to update it and and now it looks really great. gumawo yo! :) I really love with your choice of pics! very well done! 

okay, now I've to read back since the latest page I read before is page 22 :( next, I will keep in my mind, everytime I log in to soompi, I should check pkw's thread! :D

last, everyone thanks for your all update, the articles, pics, vids, and everything, thank you very much!!! :)

readlead said: huwaaa :(( :(( :((  I didnt know about letter project :((
I've been wanted to express my feeling about him, and yet, I've missed the oppurtunity!

@readlead:
Sorry you missed the group letter, but I think you can still write to him.  @na71 posted the address to write to after he went to the police academy.  I don't know how much longer he'll be there, but maybe @na71 knows.

readlead said:

and is it really real that pkw and that girl in the show in relationship now? really? I feel kinda not ready yet actually to hear him having relationship... LOL honestly, I kinda hoped that he will be with han chae ah...

As for this, no one really knows, I suppose
But I'm pretty sure they're not really dating; it was just a rumor based on one thing that happened on the show, and then it took off from there.

readlead said:

@ecs707a ah, I've seen the first page, I love it! So grateful you able to update it and and now it looks really great. gumawo yo! I really love with your choice of pics! very well done!

Thanks!  But you'll have to thank @dr25 too.  Some of the screencaps were mine; some were hers, and then she did all the stuff that actually made them look pretty.

Switching topics...

More new-ish photos!  Or at least, a link to new-ish photos!  I don't want to post them here, because I think they're someone's personal photos (although I suppose I could just crop that other guy out).  But anyway, go here to see.  Must be kind of weird to be in the army with a celebrity...

Also: @minnieXD!  I see that orange hair, and I approve :)

@ecs707a thanks for your reply :) ah, so it's also @dr25 work... then both of you has really done great! \m/
I really like it, the pics, color and it looks classy. :x

and surprise to see how pkw and lee hyun woo are so close! seem that LHW really like uri pkw, isnt he? :)
this bromance is so cute!!! Love seeing their interection, :))

• 2 weeks later...

Secretly Greatly stage greetings part 5!
June 22, 2013

130622-5_zps826ede99.jpg~original

130622-3_zps47c77a09.jpg~original
130622-2_zps37d19005.jpg~original
maybe130622-7-600_zps74d69a52.jpg~origin
130622-1_zps37321915.jpg~original

You can see that he's wearing a bracelet, and I got curious about it.  See below for more!

Better view here:
130622-bracelet600_zpsaccd9ec1.jpg~origi
(Also: hello there, bicep!)
The bracelets are apparently "B.Connect" bracelets.  I just thought it was a weird bracelet until I started noticing them on other people too.  Ji Chang Wook wore an identical bracelet just a couple of months ago, and when I was scanning through an old 1N2D S2 episode looking for something the other day, I noticed that Sung Si Kyung was wearing both the Tanzania and Cambodia versions (in ep 444, also from summer 2013).  And also BEAST, according to one of the search results when I was looking for the link to the bracelets, haha.  He's wearing the South Africa bracelet, but obviously there are several to choose from.  You can see them all here, and read a little more here.  I assume some/all of the proceeds go to charity, but in the case of celebs wearing them, it would raise awareness for the cause pretty effectively, I guess.

So now you know way more than you wanted to about a random bracelet!

Silly boys, with their light saber antics:

credit: 에스카 J

June 23, 2013
130623b-2_zps529fbf7b.jpg~original

130623b-6_zps6dd4716f.jpg~original
130623b-3_zpsa18b99b0.jpg~original
130623b-4_zps73cd0ce0.jpg~original

Different day, different toys...
130623b-5-1000_zpse1c54ddb.jpg~original
More bubble gun silliness:

credit: bruar

Same day, different clothes (why is he the only one who ever changes his clothes?)...but more with the bubble gun:
130623s-2_zps905ca30e.jpg~original

130623s-1_zpsa0ba5b6c.jpg~original

Two short videos:

credit: seventythreepercent

And I'll close with this:
130623s-7_zpsb80603bc.jpg~original
And this is the end of the stage greetings.  Hope you all didn't mind indulging me in my little 2013 flashback.  This started with an offhand remark about celebrating the 1 year anniversary of Secretly Greatly, and turned into something much bigger than I originally intended.  I tend to get carried away sometimes, I guess...I had a lot of these photos already, but didn't know which day was which, which led to watching fancams to figure out the dates, which led to me figuring out that there were other stage greetings that I didn't know about, and so on...lol.

But it was nice to see you again, 2013 :D

Oh yeah, and I edited my post from a few days ago to add a third photo, just in case anyone missed it :)

Here are some Gaksital stills and BTS photos that I don't remember seeing before.  They're from the Kyungpook National University Hospital website, where they filmed some of the hospital scenes.

Here are some nice-Shunji shots from June 2-3, 2012 (from episode 6):
Rsmsgjt.jpg
E8eDxbl.jpg
source

And three bad-Shunji shots from June 24, 2012 (episode 12):
pWPLiPn.jpg
(This next one's my favorite...)
QbUrzz9.jpg
Gah, that look.  I need to rewatch this for the thousandth time, clearly.
QlxfqLg.jpg
source

And a bigger version of the last one:

2sQ38Sd.jpg
source

Having said many before...an extra 'thanks you' would be me exploding thanks here. Let's not do that.

I'm glad you liked the pics @readlead :) 

I'm passing to post my gifs of the well-known mobile add ;)) Two of these are at the first post. Here's the whole set. Hopefully you'll sound as hilarious to you as they seem to me. :))

imageimage
imageimage

New bnt photos!
Three of these (or from the same photo shoot) appeared a couple of weeks ago already (on the Bando Optical blog, of all places), and I didn't know where they came from, since they had the bnt watermark, but didn't look like they came from any of the older bnt photo shoots.  So mystery solved, I guess!

1ca48_zpsfb26a3f4.jpg~original

Spoiler

12b0a_zps87a3ddc4.jpg~original
1c8577n_zps9496194f.jpg~original
sources: 1 2 3

26535_zps1744b80a.jpg~original

Spoiler

2F5-14g_zps4a9fc972.jpg~original
2d0cc_zpsab1d3bce.jpg~original
2fcd9_zpsd48f2d71.jpg~original
2F5-10g_zpsa146fff6.jpg~original
sources: 1 2 3 4 5

2014-07-14_102441n_zps2f2a52ca.png~origi

Spoiler

3f49bd23f0a43690b18eaa993f0b7cc89_zpsa95
321f98c39d610c177d5a8e068eb38ddaf_zps2ac

4f645c0a047784b930737a14940101413n_zps48

Spoiler

404724291c8187b4f668c3f7b68f177can_zps28
47383a0ebbf5599c65c25ff9807e97107_zps45a

Ha.  These picture frame ones are silly.  (But I like them anyway.)
5f774_zps34a57f0a.jpg~original

Spoiler

5b2d1_zpsc6a9ac40.jpg~original
5782en_zps250e1ba6.jpg~original
52bbfn_zpse9ee9cae.jpg~original
sources: 1 2 3 4

Maybe this happened at the same time as the photos they released in April.  Also bnt, hair is similar too.  Whatever!  I'm just glad to have surprise new photos!

@dr25, I already told you this when you sent me those gifs the first time, but the last two are hypnotizing me again...I can't stop staring at them, waiting for them to synchronize.  And then I laugh, and then I stare some more...

New pics!
ibqsdBaDxxtG37.gif

Soooo cute :-O

http://i973.photobucket.com/albums/ae211/ecs707a/pkwv2/mag/bnt%20july%202014/1c8577_zpsce13da60.jpg~original

Had he played a journalist in Bridal Mask, this would've been the getup.

http://i973.photobucket.com/albums/ae211/ecs707a/pkwv2/mag/bnt%20july%202014/321f98c39d610c177d5a8e068eb38ddaf_zps2aced1e1.jpg~original

Some behind scenes Kimura Shunji who now, ironically, serves in the Korean army. I backtracked to make sure they weren't posted here before among the ones @Ecs707a provided.

ibr1GUArZiG09a.jpg

irSW9Mz1FCv37.jpg

ilojh6H4JR97e.jpg

ibcw90DlUtmG61.jpg

ilxFFJAtt2iBV.jpg

ixTlk4aMu6cfV.jpg

itRfUGB3yv0Il.jpg

ilE6w9i7f5X6V.jpg

Credit to a kind person on tumblr

Bonus from the bnt photo shoot from Wave On Ent Twitter:
woe7-31-14_zps8f987007.jpg~original
(I think I kind of like the last one better than any of the three they officially released of him from that set.)

I finally remembered to check if there was a more recent address to send him letters.  The most recent one is:

서울시 강북구 우이동 산74번지 327-11
802전경대 이경 박기웅
(우) 142-871

(He's back in Seoul?  Or just his mail goes there?)
So @readlead, if you still want to send a letter, I think this is where it goes (for now).

@dr25, I will never ever say no to more Shunji.  So...more Shunji!
real19_02_zps22c89a9b.jpg~original
real01_19_zpsea1634fb.jpg~original
real10_09_zps86441fbe.jpg~original
real16_06_zps19dddcc2.jpg~original
(We could probably keep doing this forever.  There are so so many Gaksital stills and bts photos.)

Speaking of Gaksital, I've been organizing my BTS video collection (slooowly; this is a long-term project, haha), and there are a few that I remember seeing, but I can't find them anywhere now.  Maybe someone can help me find some of them?  They were #40, 44, and 65 as originally posted on the official site.  One was Shunji kicking his sword up off the ground to catch it (I think it was in one of the forest scenes in episode 12).  Another was when he beat that poor guy senseless at the ceremony (episode 14), and the last one was the scene with Tamao at the Angel Club (episode 23; actually someone posted screencaps of that one if it helps to remind anyone).  So many of them have disappeared from youtube, they've been gone from the official site for a long time, and they didn't even include them in the DVD special features (I know; I have it).  But they must still be out there somewhere, right?

Archived