Park Ki Woong 박기웅

ecs707a

Beating Hearts episode 25 screencaps (aired April 29, 2014):
68lX4NM.jpg
So this week we've got: serious, serious, smile, smile, dork, dork, dork, dork.  That sounds about right :D
This week's highlights:
- That grateful look on his face when Hyebin brought their coats up to them on top of the building
- The look on his face when they finally realized that green jacket + green screen = not a good idea

And I really don't want to count down or anything, but the 8th is getting awfully close.  At least he'll still be around for a bit on the show.  This week's episode was the first back in Busan, but it was still mostly Gangnam.  So maybe there are still 4 Busan episodes to come (or at least 3?).  Presumably, his last filming was after that (since that just happened a few days ago), at whatever location is coming after Busan.  So that gives us 7-8 more episodes of him?  Is it really that many?  Somehow, that makes me feel a little better.  (Or maybe the show's just enabling my denial?)

• Replies 868
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From Twitter:
xywxcuq.jpg
credit: 1 2
I've been missing the random non-work related cast interactions in the show lately, so these are a good substitute. 

On another note, I finally made a thread for Mad Sad Bad.  It's here, if you want to visit.  I've still got some more stuff to post, but it'll have to wait until tomorrow, at least.

Japanese fans are always the luckiest among us, international fans, :P So close to where all the fun is.

@minnieXD Anyowng and welcome, luved your gifs :) neat and clear cut. Reminded me not to mess with mines a lot as Tumbler atmosphere always provokes me to.

As for ..
Sad:
irxbkzGPkjWAx.jpg

Mad:
ibdJYDvYvnTkDt.jpg

[Odd]:
ivjilE6S3kwgs.jpg

hehe ;))

I'll be lying if I said I could wrap my head around the plot via trailer so I can't say I'm anticipating the story but the sold out tickets thing along with 49 Days' lead talent and uri pkw usually doing his best seems a promising combination. (Except for the part where he kisses that zoombi :-O ). Will wait for its release. How long does it take for a, hopefully, well-received Korean movie to be available online/subbed?

ibi7G5QPDXqAve.gif

According to this PKW's part is entitled Saw You. What I got from the trailer is that each of the omnibus' three parts evolves around the events that follow/lead to a broken promise, most of which are terrible consequences. This part centers around a broken promise in a love story between his and Nam Gyuri's characters.

iFmsd6SufpxfD.gif

We see him holding a ring between his fingers with a not quite happy look on his face. (maybe he broke his promise to marry her/never forget her or something of the sort). Anyhow, by Lord knows what process, she turns from a pretty girl into a blue-ish zoombi and haunts the guy to remind him of something, or someone. Evident by the trailer concluding with a 'remember me' note for this part as the zombi's demand+ him telling her in her zombi form "sorry I did not recognize you".

ibcNbz6VNLsHDl.gif

In a scene where a woman shown feasting on some person's leg, PKW's voice-over narrates, "The day our love ended, the world became swarming with zombies". What does this has to do with her becoming a zombi, among many others on the planet ? Ummmm dunno maybe that's actually how she turns into one in the movie- supernaturally. Or it maybe something said to be taken figuratively. I love the sound of this; you're not alive unless you've loved and have been loved (as cliched/cheesy as it sounds). If not, then we're in danger of becoming hollow zombi-like humans feeding off one another. (which I'd venture say what the newsletter man/woman proves utterly true in relation to some people every evening) Dunno... dark..  sharply black-and-white but worth a second thought..tempting.

Yah and since the movie's called Mad Sad Bad, Park's part being second in segment means his story is obviously the Sad one here.

iTX6baCvLqHwQ.gif

Sooo I'd say this is worth the watch. lol, I had fun thinking the trailer over I could imagine how fun it'd be to think over/watch the real thing :D

Obviously, I cropped @ecs707a 's scaps earlier. tnx.

xywxcuq.jpg

Sooooooo adorable these two.

Edit: Will repost the part relevant to the movie soompi thread *>*

dr25 said:
I'll be lying if I said I could wrap my head around the plot via trailer so I can't say I'm anticipating the story but the sold out tickets thing along with 49 Days' lead talent and uri pkw usually doing his best seems a promising combination. (Except for the part where he kisses that zoombi :-O ). Will wait for its release. How long does it take for a, hopefully, well-received Korean movie to be available online/subbed?

According to this PKW's part is entitled Saw You. What I got from the trailer is that each of the omnibus' three parts evolves around the events that follow/lead to a broken promise, most of which are terrible consequences. This part centers around a broken promise in a love story between his and Nam Gyuri's characters.

Yah and since the movie's called Mad Sad Bad, Park's part being second in segment means his story is obviously the Sad one here.

Sooo I'd say this is worth the watch. lol, I had fun thinking the trailer over I could imagine how fun it'd be to think over/watch the real thing :D

Edit: Will repost the part relevant to the movie soompi thread *>*

Yeah, there's only so much you can get from trailers, lol.  The plot descriptions I wrote for the movie thread used a combination of the summaries from asianwiki, Hancinema, and the movie page from the JIFF website (and maybe a detail or two from a couple of random articles about the movie).

There was a bit more of the movie shown on Movieworld (I think that's the title? Its Korean title is 접속 무비월드) on SBS on May 3, if you want to hunt it down.  I looked on youtube to see if anyone uploaded the cut, but I didn't see anything.  They showed some things that weren't in any of the trailers.  And while I do think that it probably is going to be sad, at least parts of it seem to be skewing comedic, which surprised me.  I didn't get any hint of comedy from the trailers.  (So do I have to add comedy to the list of genres?  What was it already - musical 3D zombie romance whatever lol.)  So it might be worth tracking down if you're interested.

And the thing I most want to know!  How does the musical part fit in?  I keep picturing Thriller or something.  This movie...I have no idea what's going on, but it's making me want to see it for sure.  So I hope the wait isn't too long.

(Sorry I chopped your post to pieces @dr25. ; And thanks for the gifs!  (And for posting in the movie thread, so it's not a solid wall of posts from me.)

dr25 said:

Obviously, I cropped @ecs707a 's scaps earlier. tnx.

http://i.imgur.com/xywxcuq.jpg

Sooooooo adorable these two.

Crop away
And aren't they though?  Who knew these two would be so cuddly?

Edit:
And still on the topic of Mad Sad Bad, I think we can expect some new cine21 photos soon!  You can see some here; not sure if there are more coming or not.

ecs707a

said:

There was a bit more of the movie shown on Movieworld (I think that's the title? Its Korean title is 접속 무비월드) on SBS on May 3, if you want to hunt it down.  I looked on youtube to see if anyone uploaded the cut, but I didn't see anything.  They showed some things that weren't in any of the trailers.  And while I do think that it probably is going to be sad, at least parts of it seem to be skewing comedic, which surprised me.  I didn't get any hint of comedy from the trailers.  (So do I have to add comedy to the list of genres?  What was it already - musical 3D zombie romance whatever lol.)  So it might be worth tracking down if you're interested.

minnieXD said: (sorry for basically scrapping your whole post in the quote :3)
I got curious about what they showed on the show, so I downloaded it and decided to upload the cut about the movie~ (I posted the link below, but I don't see it in the actual post so I just hyperlinked it.. lol)

(I'll re-post it on the movie thread as well~)

Yup, that's the one.  Thanks for uploading the cut!

See what I mean though?  It's a little funny, mostly thanks to the zombie physical comedy.  But they really almost entirely focused on the middle part of the movie (which, obviously, I don't mind).  Maybe just because it's got the biggest-name stars?  Or maybe because it's a little crazy?  I don't know. 

But I'm getting impatient already

But look!  Our favorite zombie-hating, bedhead-sporting character uses the same contact solution that I do!

msb%20movieworld_zpsatqqy63z.jpg~origina

Park Gi-woong goes off to the military

May 09,2014Article.aspx?aid=29888590Koran actor Park Gi-woong started his mandatory military service yesterday at Nonsan, South Chungcheong. 

The 29-year-old actor will get basic training and then he will be dispatched to serve as a conscripted policeman for 21 months.

Park, dressed in a casual outfit, appeared in front of reporters with his hair cut short.

“I will stay healthy during my training,” said Park to the reporters. “As everyone around me was concerned so much about my health, it became the most important factor for me, too.”

Park added, “I wanted to join the army as naturally as possible so that my fans wouldn’t even notice. … My movie opens after I join the army as well as some my commercials and photo shoots. The variety show ‘Heart is Beating’ will air until June.”

Before he entered the training camp, Park said farewells individually to some 20 fans who gathered there to see him. 

By Jin Eun-soo, contributing writer | Korean Joong Ang Daily | May 9 2014

Movie directors take on 3-D tech for Jeonju fest
May 09,2014 by CARLA SUNWOO

JEONJU - Korean cinemagoers have enjoyed 3-D and 4-D cinema experiences through the countless Hollywood blockbusters released in both formats. But for the most part, the local film industry has shied away from producing in 3-D.

So when “Mad Sad Bad,” a 3-D omnibus film, was announced as the opener for the Jeonju International Film Festival, people were curious to see how the technology would be adopted in a movie comprised of three independent shorts.

At the festival’s opening last week, the organizing committee’s chairman, Ko Suk-man, said that the film would give a unique glimpse into how 3-D technology is used differently in Korea compared to the United States.

Ko added that the unique local approaches undertaken by directors Ryoo Seung-wan, Han Ji-seung and Kim Tae-yong would shake things up and question where the beauty of 3-D technology lies.

Han Ji-seung, who directed the zombie romance “I Saw You,” or the “Sad” component of the film, said that even with the project completed, he was also “still not used to 3-D.”

“Visually, it’s not just layering, but you have to pay attention to reflections, placements, etc.,” said Han.

Although “I Saw You” doesn’t bring anything unique in terms of 3-D technology, Park Ki-woong delivers an unusual and powerful performance as an uptight human who is afraid he will turn into a zombie.

As a manager at a factory full of zombie workers, Park paints a picture of a comical yet tyrannical boss who is obsessed with productivity and the fear of a reinfection. He pops copious amounts of pills every day to keep the disease in check, although he knows this is making his memory dissipate.

But there is something in his dreams that beckons him to remember an event from his past, and before long a zombie romance unfolds.

“I thought the most important thing to all life forms was love,” said Han on fusing love and creatures associated with death. He explained that he tried to tap into “emotions” above everything else.

Read the rest here

Yay, good reviews make me happy :)

So...the medication both treats zombies and prevents humans from becoming zombies?  And so both he and the girl lost their memories because they both take the medication?  Or is he also a former zombie, who somehow escaped the cosmetic effects, and that's why he takes the medication?  So confused...

And this page is a little bipolar.  Happy post, sad post, happy post, sad post...

So...time for another sad post then...

Park Ki Woong bids farewell as he enters military service

Actor Park Ki Woong enlisted on May 8 for his military service, bidding farewell to fans with a message on Twitter as well as giving a salute at his enlistment site.

The actor wrote, "I will go and return in good health!  All of you be healthy, too."

Then, before entering training, he stated to the fans and the press who had gathered at the site, "It so happens that I've enlisted on Parents' Day [in Korea].  I called my parents in the morning and thanked them for giving birth to me instead of saying I would go and return well.  I feel extremely sorry for leaving on Parents' Day like this.  My parents gave me a boost, saying it was a relief I was going when it was neither too hot nor too cold."

In relation to carrying out his duties as a conscripted policeman after the initial training at the military base, Park Ki Woong said, "I wanted to become a conscripted fireman, but my injury proved an obstacle, so I could not apply to be one.  I will return after doing the two years of service." 

Fans will undoubtedly be counting the days to his return!

source: allkpop

Aaahh!!!  I didn't even know it was possible to be a conscripted fireman!  Awww...so sad that he has to leave all of his "jobs" behind at once.  Adopted second job, career, creative outlet, all at the same time.

Beating Hearts episode 26 screencaps (aired May 6, 2014):
beating26_zpsc4a8dbf4.jpg~original
I watched this episode as I was waiting for enlistment news the other day.  It did a good job of cheering me up a bit.  I am so glad they're back in Busan, and they seem to be happy about it too.  I think there was probably more of an attachment with the Busan guys because they were the ones who trained them at the beginning (I don't know if they actually spent more time there than other locations, or if there were just more episodes there because of that).  And I was glad to see them again too, which I didn't necessarily expect.

Other things that made me happy:
- The tongue (ha), and then again!
- I will never understand how it helps to hold your ears when you touch something hot, but I will never complain, because it's a pretty adorable habit :)
- And he climbed that crane like it was nothing.  And I am totally impressed, yet again.

Having them back in Busan is also an interesting contrast to the first time they were there.  I'm going to have to go back and watch those first few episodes again, but I do remember how completely incompetent they all were, lol.  And how his first major responsibility was bringing along the water for people to drink.  And now they let him climb cranes.

Guest na71

WaveonEntertainment posted a notice saying that we can write letters to PKW while he is in his training month. I wanted to translated the new before but I just moved and still don't have internet at home. Is difficult to me doing using my mobile phone... I'm just a beginner with smartphones ㅋㅋㅋ

The problem is that already passed almost 10 days since he enlisted and sending a letter from a far away country take a long time to finally arrive so... even if we write now... maybe when the letter arrives he is not going to be there... ㅠ.ㅠ

My friend living in Korea (she is the one that introduce me this amazing actor) is thinking in writing a letter... but she isn't sure what to write hahahaha

I just tell her that she is wasting time and is going to lose a great opportunity. She is also a fan but even she knew he for more years than me, she is the kind of fan that only watch for far away... tsk tsk tsk... if I were she... ㅋㅋㅋ

na71 said: My friend living in Korea (she is the one that introduce me this amazing actor) is thinking in writing a letter... but she isn't sure what to write hahahaha I just tell her that she is wasting time and is going to lose a great opportunity. She is also a fan but even she knew he for more years than me, she is the kind of fan that only watch for far away... tsk tsk tsk... if I were she... ㅋㅋㅋ

Admiring from afar is all well and good when you actually are far away...but your friend has no excuse
But I can understand not knowing what to write in a situation like that.  I think about what I would write, and just kind of draw a blank (which isn't usually a problem for me (at least in writing lol)).  So maybe you should write a letter for all of us, @na71. ; Couldn't you ask your friend to send it for you?  (Or would your letter be so personal that no one can read it except for its intended recipient? Haha...)

I just keep thinking how weird and disorienting it must be to have everything in your life be one way, and then having everything change at once.  I think even if you think you're prepared for such a thing, it must still just be really confusing and strange...but maybe I'm just projecting
Either way, I'm glad he'll be getting some letters (probably way too many, haha).

I normally post my screencaps for the week about now, but there wasn't an episode this week, so I guess this mess of a post is its replacement.  So I'll end with a photo, at least, as my apology for being so weird:

2013_08_05_pack10917_zps60217900.jpg~ori

I keep finding these photos from the Kwave shoot.  I guess they're extras that didn't make it into the article (since there were only 3 photos from that).  There are a lot--13 that I've seen so far.  I don't know where they came from originally, but I'll probably post them all at some point, once I get them all organized.  Here's the first (and possibly my favorite, haha).

I don't think the making video ever got posted from that photo shoot either.  Here's the short version:

credit: KBSKwave

Guest na71

@ecs707a‌ Is a good idea! I'll ask my friend if she can send it. I don't think is gonna be a problem because she is so kind... but is very busy. I'm also don't know what to write. Let's do together! How can we do that??

hahaha I was making fun of her and now that I have the opportunity I'm the same.

If I not wrong, he knows English so we can write him in English... maybe basic English just in case. I'm pretty sure it would be a great surprise to him to know that he has fans overseas.

But we don't have many time... so we need to write it soon. So my friend have enough time to print and send it.

Archived